Blowout Cards Forums
superb owl 2018

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 11-11-2017, 12:41 AM   #1
packman80

Default NBA All-Star Game

So NBA awards 2020 game to Chicago. Makes no sense. The bucks who will be in their new arena for a couple years by then was pushing to get either the 2020 or 2021 game in Milwaukee. Now with Chicago getting the 2020 game I doubt the NBA will give Milwaukee the 2021 game since Chicago is so close to Milwaukee and doubt the NBA will want to have back to back all-star games in the same place almost. So the NBA told Milwaukee get a new arena for the Bucks or we will move the team and when the city does build a new arena for the the NBA thumbs it nose at Milwaukee and refuses to give them the game while every other city that has build or renovated an arena has been given the all-star game.

http://s445.photobucket.com/user/GBP4EVER/library/Packers%20Collectables?sort=3&page=1
packman80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 12:47 AM   #2
tjforce

Makes a ton of sense, it's Milwaukee.
Old 11-11-2017, 12:52 AM   #3
packman80

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjforce View Post
Makes a ton of sense, it's Milwaukee.
Yeah but it'a also Chicago murder capital of the USA.

http://s445.photobucket.com/user/GBP4EVER/library/Packers%20Collectables?sort=3&page=1
Old 11-11-2017, 12:54 AM   #4
Rareairx23

Would like to see it come to boston at some point
Old 11-11-2017, 12:56 AM   #5
realreodeal
Temporarily Suspended

Don’t forget the Pistons also have a new arena...

http://s466.photobucket.com/albums/rr27/realreodeal/
realreodeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 12:59 AM   #6
Tarheelsfan2012

It has taken 15 years for the Charlotte Hornets to get the All-Star game. Milwaukee will eventually get it.
Old 11-11-2017, 04:38 AM   #7
kingmogul

As someone who grew up in the Milwaukee area this sucks. =[
Old 11-11-2017, 10:31 AM   #8
ClutchCity

Quote:
Originally Posted by packman80 View Post
while every other city that has build or renovated an arena has been given the all-star game.
You may just be feeling victimized and overreacting from the news but this a very false statement. There are 8 or 9 new or renovated NBA arenas that are in the same boat as Milwaukee, most if not all have been waiting much longer. Sorry about the frustrations of being a small market franchise. You guys have a great team and bright future.

From Wikipedia:
New arenas that have not hosted the All-Star Game in markets that have hosted it previously are BMO Harris Bradley Center in Milwaukee, United Center in Chicago (currently scheduled to host the 2020 Game), TD Garden in Boston, American Airlines Arena in Miami, Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, American Airlines Center in Dallas, Spectrum Center in Charlotte, AT&T Center in San Antonio, and Little Caesars Arena (opening for 2017Ė18) in Detroit.

PC: Olajuwon, Yao, Justise Winslow, Correa
ClutchCity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:55 AM   #9
packman80

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCity View Post
You may just be feeling victimized and overreacting from the news but this a very false statement. There are 8 or 9 new or renovated NBA arenas that are in the same boat as Milwaukee, most if not all have been waiting much longer. Sorry about the frustrations of being a small market franchise. You guys have a great team and bright future.

From Wikipedia:
New arenas that have not hosted the All-Star Game in markets that have hosted it previously are BMO Harris Bradley Center in Milwaukee, United Center in Chicago (currently scheduled to host the 2020 Game), TD Garden in Boston, American Airlines Arena in Miami, Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, American Airlines Center in Dallas, Spectrum Center in Charlotte, AT&T Center in San Antonio, and Little Caesars Arena (opening for 2017Ė18) in Detroit.

LOL the BMO Harris center is 30 years old the last all-star game in Milwaukee was the old MECCA and that was 1977 so it's been 40 years since Milwaukee had a all-star game.

Old 11-11-2017, 11:57 AM   #10
tjforce

Quote:
Yeah but it'a also Chicago murder capital of the USA.
All kidding aside, it would have been nice to see a small market get the All-Star game.

The problem must have been the pitch the city made. Shoulda had Alice Cooper be their spokesman:
Old 11-11-2017, 02:49 PM   #11
SHowley2003

Quote:
LOL the BMO Harris center is 30 years old the last all-star game in Milwaukee was the old MECCA and that was 1977 so it's been 40 years since Milwaukee had a all-star game.
And Boston hasnít hosted one in 53 years. Iím not sure about other cities but Iím sure there are more than a couple that have been waiting for two or more decades to host one.
Old 11-11-2017, 02:50 PM   #12
ClutchCity

Quote:
Ok, well your original post seems to imply the new renovations at BMO should have scored you the asg like "every other city". I didn't realize you have been harboring this grudge for 30 yrs. I agree with TJ, a bad pitch was probably a factor. Giannis hosting in 2020 is way better than anything Chicago could market. I've never been there myself, but I imagine pitching a Milwaukee event in February to nba execs would be tough.

PC: Olajuwon, Yao, Justise Winslow, Correa
ClutchCity is online now   Reply With Quote