Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback & Hobby Scams

Notices

Member Sales/Trade Feedback & Hobby Scams Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 10:26 PM   #26
SportsItUpCards
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by strider_boi View Post
I'll buy every single one you have for $400 and i'll even fly there to pick them up.
I can't help to think that some people these days are solely excited over the fake shilled prices, and not so much the cards. If it was the cards, then they would have sold a few short years ago when these were sitting on ebay forever for a couple of hundred dollars, and some z little more. There wouldn't be so many for sale over and over and over again, with no buyers for $100's, low $100's lol smh

So yeah, it appears to me that people are so excited about the imaginary money that these are "selling" for smh

Why does $$$ amount get people excited when it comes to cards??? This is a hobby.... Collect the cards you truly love, and not just because a few people are fooled into believing the false hype on eBay. But thankfully most people know the truth, and just sit there and laugh about the delusional "investors" smh lol
Old 09-10-2013, 10:31 PM   #27
davidsemo

smh smh smh lol smh smh smh lol

that aside, if you could find one that is price in the low 100s, i'd be shocked. value is what people are willing to sell for, not what you think it's worth. as long as someone else thinks it's worth a few grand, then there you go. I bet if he listed that on here for 4k, someone would jump on it real quick. you might not, but i feel pretty comfortable saying someone would
Old 09-10-2013, 10:31 PM   #28
jerryw

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
I agree. I mean, what's next, telling people you have a $6,000 offer on a card on ebay, then listing it via straight auction and pulling the auction with under a day left and the bidding at only a few hundred?

What's this crazy world coming to!

post of the week
Old 09-10-2013, 10:32 PM   #29
jerryw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
I can't help to think that some people these days are solely excited over the fake shilled prices, and not so much the cards. If it was the cards, then they would have sold a few short years ago when these were sitting on ebay forever for a couple of hundred dollars, and some z little more. There wouldn't be so many for sale over and over and over again, with no buyers for $100's, low $100's lol smh

So yeah, it appears to me that people are so excited about the imaginary money that these are "selling" for smh

Why does $$$ amount get people excited when it comes to cards??? This is a hobby.... Collect the cards you truly love, and not just because a few people are fooled into believing the false hype on eBay. But thankfully most people know the truth, and just sit there and laugh about the delusional "investors" smh lol

shake it more then twice your playing with it haha
Old 09-10-2013, 11:09 PM   #30
jerryw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
The only legit bids on that auction are the 99 cent one, and the $100.... And maybe even the $100 is a shill bid(friend bidding, or the seller's other accounts). Smh

Funny how hard they're trying to MAKE a $200 card sell for THOUSANDS..... Lol! Who they trying to fool? Don't they know by now that most people know? Smh

These cards will never be worth anywhere near that.... Just give it up. You're not going to get rich off this scheme. People are well aware these days. Thank goodness for forums!

Nice shinny card op, looks cool. But don't be fooled by the shilled auctions/"sales"

gotta love a hypocrite

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/b...-10-000-a.html
Old 09-10-2013, 11:11 PM   #31
kencope
Banned

I guess I'm too old/uncool to even know what "smh" means. What I do know is true supply/demand and dealing in high end cards. Unless the people that buy $1,000+ cards from me on a daily basis are all named "shill", I can't subscribe to some of the rhetoric posted here. For those that have enjoyed seeing this card that is not seen too often and those that commented positively, thanks!

For those that are just here to troll, please spare us. No reason for this very innocent thread to go downhill. Thanks!
Old 09-11-2013, 12:26 AM   #32
lucky4444

Beautiful MJ
Old 09-11-2013, 12:32 AM   #33
lukeouh
Banned

Very nice card. Thank you for sharing!
Old 09-11-2013, 02:01 AM   #34
Hegotgame15

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaSlamma View Post
may want to take a look at the bidding history behind that MJ:

eBay.com Item Bid History
I don't believe the seller had the card at all, I mean why would he use a pic from google?

If I had a card like that, I would at least show people I actually had the card in hand and not use a photo that was taken years ago from another person's collection...

Its very easy to see its the same pic.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:07 AM   #35
Hegotgame15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kencope View Post
I guess I'm too old/uncool to even know what "smh" means. What I do know is true supply/demand and dealing in high end cards. Unless the people that buy $1,000+ cards from me on a daily basis are all named "shill", I can't subscribe to some of the rhetoric posted here. For those that have enjoyed seeing this card that is not seen too often and those that commented positively, thanks!

For those that are just here to troll, please spare us. No reason for this very innocent thread to go downhill. Thanks!
Great card Ken!

Most of us can appreciate it, but there is ALWAYS the same person that can't.

SMH SMH SMH....

SMH means "Shakes my head"

If you post anything MJ 90's era, Mr SMH will be here to troll....
Old 09-11-2013, 02:36 AM   #36
nissandriver77
Banned

Nice card, $8k that's cheap , I thought these would be $50k easy by now As theyy are all drying up never to be seen again.

Last edited by nissandriver77; 09-11-2013 at 02:39 AM.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:54 AM   #37
thepinoymamba

All I could say Its that MiChael Jordan Is still the King of BASKETBALL hobby world.
Any Jordan in a bulls jersey (Proper Uniform)(professional)
Looks great!
Just be careful there are so many fake pmg from China.
Just saying!

Kobe Anthology SET
Old 09-11-2013, 10:14 AM   #38
kencope
Banned

Thanks for the edumacation on that. Maybe he can post something about this 90s insert of MJ as well:

Wait, I'll save the trouble. It's a fake that will be shilled when I sell it, but I'll be lucky to get $3.50 for it anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegotgame15 View Post
Great card Ken!

Most of us can appreciate it, but there is ALWAYS the same person that can't.

SMH SMH SMH....

SMH means "Shakes my head"

If you post anything MJ 90's era, Mr SMH will be here to troll....
Old 09-11-2013, 10:18 AM   #39
1eyed_jack
Banned

Quote:
Thanks for the edumacation on that. Maybe he can post something about this 90s insert of MJ as well:

Wait, I'll save the trouble. It's a fake that will be shilled when I sell it, but I'll be lucky to get $3.50 for it anyway.
Hell of a card!

But yeah, maybe you'd get $20 on an honest auction of it.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:37 AM   #40
strider_boi

I guess the card in my avatar is only worth about 350 with his logic... do I have any buyers at 350??
Old 09-11-2013, 10:49 AM   #41
CCSportsCards

Quote:
I guess the card in my avatar is only worth about 350 with his logic... do I have any buyers at 350??
Little high for me, would you take $200?
Old 09-11-2013, 10:50 AM   #42
strider_boi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCSportsCards View Post
Little high for me, would you take $200?
Paid by gift?
Old 09-11-2013, 11:04 AM   #43
1eyed_jack
Banned

$350 ha, try $150.

You seem cool though, so I'd go $175
Old 09-11-2013, 11:09 AM   #44
Orangejello727

Quote:
I'll buy every single one you have for $400 and i'll even fly there to pick them up.
Im not worried about his opinion on it being a $400 card.

Im more concerned at people that believe high side ending prices. Instead of asking someone to sell you as many as possible at $400, the real question that needs to be asked is..

How many are you willing to buy at $14,000 since thats what the going price is for this card? Infact how many would you buy at BELOW the going rate if someone were selling them for $12k each?

I dont think that the PMG would sell for anywhere in the $400 range. But that doesnt mean I think it would sell for the $15,000 range either.

I want to see someone on these boards that would buy that card for $15,000. I hope someone comes forward!

Last edited by Orangejello727; 09-11-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:12 AM   #45
Orangejello727

Quote:

Isnt that MJ Jamabalaya from the uncut sheet you purchased a while back?
Old 09-11-2013, 11:32 AM   #46
kencope
Banned

I'm confused by your $14,000 comment? Where did that number come from?

Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post

Im more concerned at people that believe high side ending prices. Instead of asking someone to sell you as many as possible at $400, the real question that needs to be asked is..

How many are you willing to buy at $14,000 since thats what the going price is for this card? Infact how many would you buy at BELOW the going rate if someone were selling them for $12k each?

I dont think that the PMG would sell for anywhere in the $400 range. But that doesnt mean I think it would sell for the $15,000 range either.

I want to see someone on these boards that would buy that card for $15,000. I hope someone comes forward!
Old 09-11-2013, 11:35 AM   #47
strider_boi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post

I would pay 4-5k for it, the Original red PMG i'll pay 7000-8500.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:42 AM   #48
GC1980

Congrats on the MJ PMG pick up. Its a great looking card and not one you see everyday.

There was about a week a few months back where there had to be at least 3-4 threads running concurrently that disparaged the MJ insert market. Bottom line is, even assuming the shill bidding is true, there is a middle ground where the truth lies.

There are MANY people out there, board members included, that collect Jordan religiously. There are tons of people shelling out big money for MJ 90s inserts. A card is what people are willing to pay for it. We can easily run polls and see what those that own these cards paid to determine real sales.

Also remember, there is such a limited quantity of high end cards from his early playing days. I have focused on these and at some point, you run out of top end cards to chase. The 90s inserts are the next up and strike a cord with the demographic that chase MJ. Nostalgia, believe it or not, is a huge factor in collecting.These cards were huge to many that gre up collecting MJ and now have disposable income and get back to collecting.

End of the day, if you don't like a particular market just don't track it and rain on what others love. I do not know anyone here personally and will not make comments on anyone's character but it seems that some just love to get on the soapbox and rail against the MJ inserts. Why not just let Ken enjoy his card.

PS: If you really believe this is a $200 or 400 card, you are delusional. Maybe not 15k on a real open market but certainly not a couple hundred.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:53 AM   #49
Orangejello727

Quote:
I would pay 4-5k for it, the Original red PMG i'll pay 7000-8500.
I agree with those numbers.

Im just tired of the polar ends of reporting.

When someone says they are only worth $500, they are wrong.

When someone says last one sold for $14k, they are wrong as well.

I think $7k is the right price from a PMG in decent condition with minimal chipping. I think when we see auctions reach $14k, there is monkey business going on.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:04 PM   #50
Sikkcaden

Great card. Entertaining thread.