Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

Notices

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Old 05-08-2012, 12:09 PM   #1
durstlimpbizkit

Smile Finally... completed my Walking Dead Set

With help from several people here and enough frivolous spending... the journey is over.

I will say that i will definitely make sure to jump on the wagon for Series 2 and get the job done from the get go. This was way too expensive... but I am happy. Can't put a price on that.

Thanks to Tekmar1 for A18... just came in today!

Extremely satisfied with this set... Let the saving begin Thanks for looking!
durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:35 PM   #2
rambel

Nothing feels better than completing a master set of something! Good job!

I'm working on the Big Bang Theory Master right now since I was able to pull 4 of the rare autos and the 3 big Penny relics in 8 boxes (2 separate cases of course)
Old 05-08-2012, 01:52 PM   #3
durstlimpbizkit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambel View Post
Nothing feels better than completing a master set of something! Good job!

I'm working on the Big Bang Theory Master right now since I was able to pull 4 of the rare autos and the 3 big Penny relics in 8 boxes (2 separate cases of course)
I got sick of looking at the empty spots in my set... so I'm really really happy that I finally finished it.

Not going for the 1/16 patch... I'll be happy enough with this.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:54 PM   #4
Nicnac

And your address is again?...

Kidding!

Nice set, thanks for sharing.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:21 PM   #5
Texans81

nice work! I've got a master set I'm working on myself and I know I'll be really excited when I get it finished. That's a great looking set, congrats!
Old 05-08-2012, 03:30 PM   #6
CollectorMan
Banned

Congrats on finishing it bro. I know for a fact you worked hard on it. Well done.
CollectorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:47 PM   #7
SerialKilnWalkr

Congrats man! Welcome to the club! I am going for the /16 rick I believe.

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 05-08-2012 at 04:06 PM.
SerialKilnWalkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:48 PM   #8
Igman7

Congrats on compleating it!
Igman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:58 PM   #9
durstlimpbizkit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollectorMan View Post
Congrats on finishing it bro. I know for a fact you worked hard on it. Well done.
Yeah, sorry we couldn't work anything out but I'm happy to be able to hone in on the next season.

Not sure if I'm going for the comic series or not... just doesn't sound attractive enough.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:09 PM   #10
The Madbacker
Banned

Nice job my WD bro.

Now we just need to get you a Rick Patch. We're in a drought, haven't seen any for 6 weeks now.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:17 PM   #11
mmbtvs
unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
Nice job my WD bro.

Now we just need to get you a Rick Patch. We're in a drought, haven't seen any for 6 weeks now.
How many are still out there? In theory of course.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:36 PM   #12
The Madbacker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
How many are still out there? In theory of course.
6 in collections, 10 unaccounted for. I would guess we might see 3-4 more redemption cards before the expiration period in November.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:03 AM   #13
Cujobyte

I agree, been waiting to see one pop up.

Congrats on the set!! Nice sketch too btw! Will you be putting the "promo" of the comic based set tho into that? That's not really part of this set, but still a great looking card.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:00 AM   #14
durstlimpbizkit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
I agree, been waiting to see one pop up.

Congrats on the set!! Nice sketch too btw! Will you be putting the "promo" of the comic based set tho into that? That's not really part of this set, but still a great looking card.
I just put it with the other promos for now. I'm probably going to buy a few boxes of the comic set just to get the base and then collect what chase cards that I can but it won't be a high priority.

I plan on getting P2 & P3 though for the comics and seeing where that goes. For now I'll just keep them with the show related cards though.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:07 PM   #15
Brewer Andy

Season 2 page was added to Cryto's website (nothing newsworthy content-wise). Congrats on the set!
Brewer Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:10 PM   #16
mmbtvs
unregistered

Maybe I'm crazy, but in your picture, don't you have an extra auto of merle, but are missing one of Amy?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see the second Amy. You actually have a couple of dupes in the picture.

Last edited by mmbtvs; 05-09-2012 at 06:13 PM.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:14 PM   #17
The Madbacker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewer Andy View Post
Season 2 page was added to Cryto's website (nothing newsworthy content-wise). Congrats on the set!
Sweet, if they keep the price around $675 initially, I'll do 2 cases.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:31 AM   #18
durstlimpbizkit

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
Sweet, if they keep the price around $675 initially, I'll do 2 cases.
I'm totally on board... I can't wait until the pre-order starts because I'll be all over this one.

EDIT: Btw mmbtvs, I don't have any dupes of those autos... what you're seeing is the empty spots for where A3 & A4 were supposed to be, so I'm keeping those empty just in case S2 releases them after all for the S1 set.

I know we've heard nothing but speculation but that's why it looks like I have dupes.

I'm happy they're keeping a similar format with the S2 cards with autos, wardrobes and sketch cards. I'm wondering if we'll start seeing some of the art being commissioned for it soon. Based on the first release is it safe to say that "Summer 2012" is an unrealistic expectation?

Last edited by durstlimpbizkit; 05-10-2012 at 08:34 AM.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:10 AM   #19
The Madbacker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by durstlimpbizkit View Post
I'm totally on board... I can't wait until the pre-order starts because I'll be all over this one.

EDIT: Btw mmbtvs, I don't have any dupes of those autos... what you're seeing is the empty spots for where A3 & A4 were supposed to be, so I'm keeping those empty just in case S2 releases them after all for the S1 set.

I know we've heard nothing but speculation but that's why it looks like I have dupes.

I'm happy they're keeping a similar format with the S2 cards with autos, wardrobes and sketch cards. I'm wondering if we'll start seeing some of the art being commissioned for it soon. Based on the first release is it safe to say that "Summer 2012" is an unrealistic expectation?
Fall 2012 is what the blog has. I would guess Nov/Dec like last year.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:21 AM   #20
Igman7

Since Summer is when the comic based set will be comming out, I would agree that late Fall-early Winter would be much more likely.
Igman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:37 AM   #21
durstlimpbizkit

I really hope that we don't get a BBT situation with S2 where half of the autos are pretty much worthless... I really liked the distribution of the first season. I understand that people aren't foaming to get an Irone Singleton or Chandler Riggs auto, but the common BBT autos (especially John Ross Bowie) might as well be given away since no one appears to want them.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:50 PM   #22
Brewer Andy

I think if they get Lauren Cohan and Scott Wilson those will do well and obviously Lincoln would be huge. It'll be interesting to see if they reuse any signers from the Season 1 set but there's certainly some potential for some stinker autos in the lesser known "Greene clan". Then again, if it stays hot, anyone could be a $30 auto. Bernthal and Madison Lintz as Zombies autos would be sweet
Brewer Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:08 PM   #23
durstlimpbizkit

Quote:
I think if they get Lauren Cohan and Scott Wilson those will do well and obviously Lincoln would be huge. It'll be interesting to see if they reuse any signers from the Season 1 set but there's certainly some potential for some stinker autos in the lesser known "Greene clan". Then again, if it stays hot, anyone could be a $30 auto. Bernthal and Madison Lintz as Zombies autos would be sweet
I totally agree with you here.

Makes you wonder though if they'd do a smaller auto bunch instead of two cards for the actors they did in S1. If they do single autos for S2 i wouldn't be opposed to that... just means there'd be less to have to worry about trying to find.

However I'd still like to have 18 autos to track down... it was a B to get them all but I'm happy with how they look.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:28 PM   #24
The Madbacker
Banned

Quote:
The Zombie Auto should be a case redemption. You submit the UPC codes from 12 boxes and your case and you'll get either a zombie Bernthal or Lintz.

These are the "Heavy Hitters" that should drive each season....

1: Bernthal/Reedus

then any 2 from Dale, Lori, Rick, Hershel, Maggie, Andrea, Michonne, The Governer, etc. As long as they keep the Group A autos to 2 per season, they should have no trouble keeping interest in the set. There will be autos of Randall, Hershel's kids, Otis, Carol......

I would really like them to do some type of wrapper redemption for certain cards (Kirkman Auto, Dr. Edwin Jenner, etc).

If anyone from Cryptozoic reads this, you must must must get Jeffrey DeMunn in Series 2.

Last edited by The Madbacker; 05-10-2012 at 03:32 PM.