pokemon

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

Notices

FOOTBALL Post your Football Cards Hobby Talk

Old 11-04-2012, 08:32 PM   #26
mnava18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp79 View Post
That is two weeks in a row, BEST RB in the NFL RIGHT NOW...he has put 107 points in FF in two weeks in our league. The guy is not a fluke...however, I could be bias, but the #s are solid

YAY ME
holy mother of god
mnava18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:33 PM   #27
bazinga
Banned

let the shill fest commence,,,
bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:33 PM   #28
RyanDiP19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauceman View Post
Why are people talking about this guy like he had 1 lucky game?? If you watch football at all, it is clear that Martin is explosive. Of course it has been a small sample size, and I'm not crowning him the second coming, but he is no one week flash in the pan.
I know that not saying he had a lucky game im saying people are jacking up prices way too much for a couple strong games and selling him like he is the second coming. No pair of strong outings is worth a 150% increase in values
RyanDiP19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:34 PM   #29
RyanDiP19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp79 View Post
That is two weeks in a row, BEST RB in the NFL RIGHT NOW...he has put 107 points in FF in two weeks in our league. The guy is not a fluke...however, I could be bias, but the #s are solid

YAY ME
No Comment...
Old 11-04-2012, 08:36 PM   #30
dkrp456

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanDiP19 View Post
I know that not saying he had a lucky game im saying people are jacking up prices way too much for a couple strong games and selling him like he is the second coming. No pair of strong outings is worth a 150% increase in values
Look at Aaron Rodger Prices they have dramatically jumped since his early days even before they won a SB

Adrian Peterson jumped from his RC days
dkrp456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:36 PM   #31
ninjacookies

Location: All the girls see the (boi)/ Look at his flips / Look at his kards / All they say is (oh boi).

Martin's high end seems to not be selling yet...but good luck to those who have them and trying to move.

Not sure if Demarco and AP's sudden injuries in the past have affected high-end RB prices, but I think it is a factor. 'Once bitten, twice shy.'
#5 world ranked Ledell Eackles superclection as recognized by Tuff Stuff junior managing editor, Barry McCaulkinner.
Somethin' like a cross between Teddy Aguhob and Kaboom Mystery Packs. I got that Givenchy denim flow.
ninjacookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:36 PM   #32
sdoug76
Banned

Welcome to collecting the NFL. No other sport is like it. One hot week a bump in prices, 2 hot weeks prices shot to HOF levels. Bad 3rd week crash back down.

Ulimate buy low, sell high week to week.
sdoug76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:38 PM   #33
ninjacookies

Location: All the girls see the (boi)/ Look at his flips / Look at his kards / All they say is (oh boi).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdoug76 View Post
Welcome to collecting the NFL. No other sport is like it.
Actually, basketball crushes football in terms of profitability. Global market = way bigger price volatility.
#5 world ranked Ledell Eackles superclection as recognized by Tuff Stuff junior managing editor, Barry McCaulkinner.
Somethin' like a cross between Teddy Aguhob and Kaboom Mystery Packs. I got that Givenchy denim flow.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:39 PM   #34
dkrp456

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
Actually, basketball crushes football in terms of profitability. Global market = way bigger price volatility.
Yes but a 30 pt game in bball rarely brings in a price jump, harder to do the quick price jumps and flips there
Old 11-04-2012, 08:43 PM   #35
sdoug76
Banned

Quote:
Where did I even mention profitability???? I talked about the fluctuating prices. A triple double, or a 50 point game and a guys cards don't shoot up 50% in a matter of minutes.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:46 PM   #36
RyanDiP19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrp456 View Post
Look at Aaron Rodger Prices they have dramatically jumped since his early days even before they won a SB

Adrian Peterson jumped from his RC days
That right there is my point those guys have been playing for years and have proven they should have the high values they are going for
doug martin is just a rookie half way through the season
Old 11-04-2012, 08:47 PM   #37
dkrp456

Quote:
That right there is my point those guys have been playing for years and have proven they should have the high values they are going for
I am referencing when they started playing and their prices jumped, sorry I should have made that more clear. Not a few years in
Old 11-04-2012, 08:48 PM   #38
friarbolt

Quote:
Do you follow prices on players much? I feel like only a very new collector would be shocked by something like this happening. It's not new happens all the time.
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:49 PM   #39
Mike13198
Banned

Isnt this what happens to Prospects all the time..?
Mike13198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:49 PM   #40
ninjacookies

Quote:
Where did I even mention profitability???? I talked about the fluctuating prices. A triple double, or a 50 point game and a guys cards don't shoot up 50% in a matter of minutes.
no, they shoot up 200% or more in basketball. Refer to Jeremy Lin, James Harden, and others.

Not knocking you, but seems like you don't know what you're talking about, or haven't collected basketball that much.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:56 PM   #41
sdoug76
Banned

Quote:
no, they shoot up 200% or more in basketball. Refer to Jeremy Lin, James Harden, and others.

Not knocking you, but seems like you don't know what you're talking about, or haven't collected basketball that much.
200% after one game? Ok...
Old 11-04-2012, 08:56 PM   #42
ninjacookies

Quote:
200% after one game? Ok...
Again, you don't collect basketball...so why are you speaking on a subject you know nothing about?

Stay in your lane, sir.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:02 PM   #43
Qwasian

basketball actually does spike after hot games/players......

check this out... damian lillard, new rookie for portland trailblazers, and his leaf rookie /75 is selling for $185, auto's /10 selling for around $350.....

basketball actually spikes higher than football...... I flipped several doug martin cards..... I had way nicer doug martin cards that didn't sell for half of what lillard cards are selling for.

I collect both

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Damian-Lilla...item3f1e928a6d

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Leaf-Si...item416de34657

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Leaf-Si...item4abc7afda8
Old 11-04-2012, 09:04 PM   #44
wheeler281

if you are in it to collect because you are a fan then just wait til these modern day RB's hit 30 They will be 75% less. Might as well open your window and throw $$ out of it to buy in now

"Pressure is something you feel when you do not know what you are doing" - Chuck Noll
BUYING HIGH END STEELERS & RICKEY HENDERSON
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:06 PM   #45
ninjacookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwasian View Post
basketball actually does spike after hot games/players......

check this out... damian lillard, new rookie for portland trailblazers, and his leaf rookie /75 is selling for $185, auto's /10 selling for around $350.....

basketball actually spikes higher than football...... I flipped several doug martin cards..... I had way nicer doug martin cards that didn't sell for half of what lillard cards are selling for.

I collect both

Damian Lillard 2012 Leaf Signature Series Droppin Dimes Auto RC 74 75 Mint | eBay

2012 Leaf Signature Series Damian Lillard Droppin Dimes on Card RC Auto 75 RARE | eBay

2012 Leaf Signature Series#@damian Lillard Auto 2 10 | eBay
Thank you for adding sense to this thread.

Some people just like to talk about things they know nothing about.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:08 PM   #46
Trueduckfan
Banned

Quote:
Here we go again...
started with Ogletree beginning the season, then Andre Brown had a couple good weeks and the forums blew up with threads of ridiculous prices on their cards.
Well Doug Martin is "the man" now
I have been trying to bring something in of his for a couple months now and my inventory was a little shallow for him
now that i started bringing better stuff in looks like i am never getting one
cards that were 20 bucks 2 hours ago are now being asked for 50 bucks...
thats my stand on this
feel free to give me your feelings on this
sucks, I was looking for a nice martin for the last few weeks and Ebay showed a handful of really nice cards but everytime I went to make an offer it was SOLD or taken down already.
Trueduckfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:10 PM   #47
RyanDiP19

Quote:
Originally Posted by friarbolt View Post
Do you follow prices on players much? I feel like only a very new collector would be shocked by something like this happening. It's not new happens all the time.
Yeah i know it happens all the time and i am no where near "new" as a matter a fact we traded a while ago
i am pissed mainly that i was about to finish a trade for a martin with someone with a $20 value on his Martin and the guy doesnt answer all day and replys back to me during the game that he now wants $50 value on the card when we had already agreed on the trade and finalized it
Old 11-04-2012, 09:12 PM   #48
friarbolt

Quote:
Yeah i know it happens all the time and i am no where near "new" as a matter a fact we traded a while ago
i am pissed mainly that i was about to finish a trade for a martin with someone with a $20 value on his Martin and the guy doesnt answer all day and replys back to me during the game that he now wants $50 value on the card when we had already agreed on the trade and finalized it
Don't hate the player hate the game, it's the nature of the beast. Sounds like a bad trader actually, that's more on him than anything. Maybe a thread in the member feedback section is warranted.
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:12 PM   #49
37Jetson

This thread is missing I Missed A Chance to make my customers happy if people would just sell me Martin's at yesterday's Ebay Prices.
s

Last edited by 37Jetson; 11-04-2012 at 09:15 PM.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:13 PM   #50
Qwasian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueduckfan View Post
sucks, I was looking for a nice martin for the last few weeks and Ebay showed a handful of really nice cards but everytime I went to make an offer it was SOLD or taken down already.
you aren't going to get a doug martin triple patch auto /10 for $20...... the expectations are unrealistic. his auto's have been super cheap all week, THIS WEEK..... I've bought & sold tons of martin this year. his cards were very easily had before his big game the thursday before last, and they were selling cheap all this week, under $25 for sick stuff ALL WEEK LONG........

you aren't going to login directly after a big game and buy 8 break patch auto's for $20..... you couldn't even buy that before the game.