Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > FANTASY SPORTS TALK > FANTASY BASEBALL

Notices

FANTASY BASEBALL Post your BASEBALL fantasy talk here... daily fantasy and leagues.

Old 07-14-2018, 06:12 PM   #1
RamsFan17

Default DraftKings MLB - Anyone Play?

Hit $150 off a $8 entry last night and was wondering if anyone here plays DraftKings too
RamsFan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 03:34 PM   #2
VinnyH

I play occasionally and have little successes here and there but usually end up at zero. Next time I have extra paypal I’ll probably throw in another $50.

It’s fun but it’s gambling and the people who might do well tend to research a lot daily and add that to good luck. I don’t spend the time researching and usually go with my gut. I’ve turned $10 into $100 and $100 into $10.

Have fun,
Vinny
VinnyH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 09:28 AM   #3
jstasyk1121

used to play Fanduel all the time...the "pro's" have taken over though...you need a monster score just to get the min.cash...too many programs and computer people running a system that just pumps out the best lineup every day and they just enter evertyhing 100s of times and kill it....FD stopped being fun for me completely...

i do play DRAFT daily though...it is 1000x more enjoyable for me personally...and yea it might not have the daily chase of some $20k 1st place tourney and all that...but its just so much more fun to me...

- Snake Drafts
- dont need perfect lineup to win
- still have tourneys, they last over days instead of just one lucky night
- more closely relates to fantasy sports...

the draft order matters...strategy on who to try and stack instead of everyone being able to pick Mookie every single day...nope...one guy gets him...

in a 6man tourney and Sale is by far the best SP that day...better hope for 1st pick to grab him...or do you just wait on pitching and load up on offense...

seriously if you havent tried...it is so much more fun in my opinion...and its also much easier to make money/break even....you can toss in $20 and make that last a week without much issue...cuz its so much easier to win a 3man or 6man or even 10man ...or to advance in a tourney than it is to get in the $4 tourney on FD/DK and even just to cash for $8 or whatever these days is difficult

(and im not just some disgruntled player that never won anything on FD...in like a 2 month span in '17 i won a Hockey Tourney that had 8000+ entries then on back to back nights in Baseball i came in 2nd place out of 7500 entries for $3 entry and then the next night i won the exact same tourney for $2,000)

but so many times you are putting in $20...playing that night...and even if you got decent scores you would get crushed by the professionals that have like algorithms producing the most likely to succeed lineups and never ending bankrolls...
jstasyk1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 09:37 PM   #4
RamsFan17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstasyk1121 View Post
used to play Fanduel all the time...the "pro's" have taken over though...you need a monster score just to get the min.cash...too many programs and computer people running a system that just pumps out the best lineup every day and they just enter evertyhing 100s of times and kill it....FD stopped being fun for me completely...

i do play DRAFT daily though...it is 1000x more enjoyable for me personally...and yea it might not have the daily chase of some $20k 1st place tourney and all that...but its just so much more fun to me...

- Snake Drafts
- dont need perfect lineup to win
- still have tourneys, they last over days instead of just one lucky night
- more closely relates to fantasy sports...

the draft order matters...strategy on who to try and stack instead of everyone being able to pick Mookie every single day...nope...one guy gets him...

in a 6man tourney and Sale is by far the best SP that day...better hope for 1st pick to grab him...or do you just wait on pitching and load up on offense...

seriously if you havent tried...it is so much more fun in my opinion...and its also much easier to make money/break even....you can toss in $20 and make that last a week without much issue...cuz its so much easier to win a 3man or 6man or even 10man ...or to advance in a tourney than it is to get in the $4 tourney on FD/DK and even just to cash for $8 or whatever these days is difficult

(and im not just some disgruntled player that never won anything on FD...in like a 2 month span in '17 i won a Hockey Tourney that had 8000+ entries then on back to back nights in Baseball i came in 2nd place out of 7500 entries for $3 entry and then the next night i won the exact same tourney for $2,000)

but so many times you are putting in $20...playing that night...and even if you got decent scores you would get crushed by the professionals that have like algorithms producing the most likely to succeed lineups and never ending bankrolls...
I deposited $250 on DK 5 days ago and have $1000+ in my account now, won 3 straight days in a row. I don't go chasing GPPs, I usually enter 80-90% double ups and then 10% in GPPs.
RamsFan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 08:37 AM   #5
jstasyk1121

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamsFan17 View Post
I deposited $250 on DK 5 days ago and have $1000+ in my account now, won 3 straight days in a row. I don't go chasing GPPs, I usually enter 80-90% double ups and then 10% in GPPs.
yea i tend to do the smaller stuff and safer bets...but even on the double ups...well atleast on FD they would be huge entry Double Ups...so the pros would kill those too...by entering their super lineups 100s of times...the cut off line would be so high on those...but yea smaller double ups are not bad...

obviously tons of people still love DK/FD..i was just sharing my experience and how i dont even play FD anymore and strictly do draft now...its just more fun...and i did make the finals of a NBA tourney twice...those would be like 5 days long...1000 or so entries...1024 to be exact i think...like $7 entry

4 man drafts
day one there are 1024...so 256 total draft...its like a big bracket format

day 2 all the winners move on...so now 256 left...you re-draft a new lineup...64 winners

day 3...64 left...16 winners move on

day 4...16 left...the 4 winners move onto the finals...

finals paid out $1000, $400, $250, $150

winning a 4man league is not very difficult so that is not bad...having to just win a few days in row to have shot at $1000

and after day 1 you make something back...so if you win round 1 then lose you get like $10-20...then like 20-35 if you lose rd 3...then like 55, 75, 100, 125 or something for coming up just short of finals...

the two times i made finals i came in 2nd and 3rd...so 400 and 250...for a 7 dollar entry and not needing some perfect lineup to win...

and i won a smaller baseball one a month or so ago...was the same idea but only a $3 entry but same like 4 or 5 days...that one paid $250...less entries...think it was 625 entries...so 625/125/25/5....either way...its just so different than the big 2...its really fun to me...worth a try as i think most anyone would enjoy the drafting aspect instead of salary cap part
Old 07-17-2018, 12:18 PM   #6
nateyad

Draft is what I play as well. The problem with FD and DK for me was I would crush 4 of my players then the rest of my team would be mediocre and I would hardly ever cash. I am in no way a high spender but with draft I have turned $10 into $200 just doing 3, 6, or 10 man drafts. It's just so much more fun because I don't have worry about % ownership and not being able to put in 20-50 lineups a day and I still have fun. Are you doing the $20 giant football tourney? I think I am going to, but obviously waiting until closer to season start.

Quote:
yea i tend to do the smaller stuff and safer bets...but even on the double ups...well atleast on FD they would be huge entry Double Ups...so the pros would kill those too...by entering their super lineups 100s of times...the cut off line would be so high on those...but yea smaller double ups are not bad...

obviously tons of people still love DK/FD..i was just sharing my experience and how i dont even play FD anymore and strictly do draft now...its just more fun...and i did make the finals of a NBA tourney twice...those would be like 5 days long...1000 or so entries...1024 to be exact i think...like $7 entry

4 man drafts
day one there are 1024...so 256 total draft...its like a big bracket format

day 2 all the winners move on...so now 256 left...you re-draft a new lineup...64 winners

day 3...64 left...16 winners move on

day 4...16 left...the 4 winners move onto the finals...

finals paid out $1000, $400, $250, $150

winning a 4man league is not very difficult so that is not bad...having to just win a few days in row to have shot at $1000

and after day 1 you make something back...so if you win round 1 then lose you get like $10-20...then like 20-35 if you lose rd 3...then like 55, 75, 100, 125 or something for coming up just short of finals...

the two times i made finals i came in 2nd and 3rd...so 400 and 250...for a 7 dollar entry and not needing some perfect lineup to win...

and i won a smaller baseball one a month or so ago...was the same idea but only a $3 entry but same like 4 or 5 days...that one paid $250...less entries...think it was 625 entries...so 625/125/25/5....either way...its just so different than the big 2...its really fun to me...worth a try as i think most anyone would enjoy the drafting aspect instead of salary cap part
nateyad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 12:45 PM   #7
Hollywood42

As a computer science major, I've been meaning to work on building a model to try to predict the best lineups for the day. Would be a fun project, but an expensive one to test

I've had some fun throwing out daily lineups in the past. Put in like 20 bucks last year and actually did well enough to get that $20 back. Then just played the rest until it ran out. It was fun, but agree with the others that it's frustrating that you literally do need to have the perfect picks from top to bottom to finish in the money in most cases

I'll have to try those daily drafts at some point. Sounds like fun. What site do you guys do that through?
Hollywood42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 12:52 PM   #8
jstasyk1121

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateyad View Post
Draft is what I play as well. The problem with FD and DK for me was I would crush 4 of my players then the rest of my team would be mediocre and I would hardly ever cash. I am in no way a high spender but with draft I have turned $10 into $200 just doing 3, 6, or 10 man drafts. It's just so much more fun because I don't have worry about % ownership and not being able to put in 20-50 lineups a day and I still have fun. Are you doing the $20 giant football tourney? I think I am going to, but obviously waiting until closer to season start.
yea the football one looks super fun actually...same...gonna wait til closer cuz it just doesnt make sense to do now and then watch someone you take get hurt...but yea...

and yep...you get Trout...you are the only one with trout...not 42% of all entries...you get 6th pick...ok that sucks sometimes if a weak slate of games...but still getting 2 in row and can maybe stack lindor/ramirez or stuff like that...its just so much more enjoyable to me
Old 07-17-2018, 12:53 PM   #9
jstasyk1121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood42 View Post
As a computer science major, I've been meaning to work on building a model to try to predict the best lineups for the day. Would be a fun project, but an expensive one to test

I've had some fun throwing out daily lineups in the past. Put in like 20 bucks last year and actually did well enough to get that $20 back. Then just played the rest until it ran out. It was fun, but agree with the others that it's frustrating that you literally do need to have the perfect picks from top to bottom to finish in the money in most cases

I'll have to try those daily drafts at some point. Sounds like fun. What site do you guys do that through?
just DRAFT...its like all mobile app...but legit money and all that...there is no website version though yet...its all just mobile...
Old 07-17-2018, 03:30 PM   #10
nateyad

Quote:
just DRAFT...its like all mobile app...but legit money and all that...there is no website version though yet...its all just mobile...
I usually play through the website. Isn't it https://draft.com/ ? Maybe I am playing a different one than you.
nateyad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 02:38 PM   #11
jstasyk1121

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateyad View Post
I usually play through the website. Isn't it https://draft.com/ ? Maybe I am playing a different one than you.
oh haha...when i started it was only a mobile app...never checked after that to see if they had a website...lol