Blowout Cards Forums
2024 Baseball

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

Notices

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Old 01-10-2018, 05:17 PM   #1
trouts2

Send a message via AIM to trouts2
Default 2017 Goodwin champions Tiger Woods photo variation

Opened 5 packs just now and got a red glow around a tiger woods base card. Said it’s the photo variation. I tried looking it up but I haven’t seen any information on it. Any help?

https://www.comc.com/Cards/MultiSpor...Woods/12720179
trouts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 05:28 PM   #2
aclben

It's about a 1:750 variation ePack exclusive. Visit the News section of the ePack site and you can read about it. It's one of 6 released, and 12 total that ultimately, if you get them all, you can exchange them for an achievement card that has not yet been announced.

On it's own and as a physical card, it' hard to assess much value. The Serena Williams SP that is a physical card only sells for about $5... Looks like you sold it on COMC so as being one of the first out there, I hope you did well!

Last edited by aclben; 01-10-2018 at 05:29 PM. Reason: update
aclben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 05:32 PM   #3
GoBeavs

2nd item from the top. Congrats. This is one of the 2nd batch. I might be interested if trading.

https://www.upperdeckepack.com/News/Index
Old 01-10-2018, 06:48 PM   #4
trouts2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aclben View Post
It's about a 1:750 variation ePack exclusive. Visit the News section of the ePack site and you can read about it. It's one of 6 released, and 12 total that ultimately, if you get them all, you can exchange them for an achievement card that has not yet been announced.

On it's own and as a physical card, it' hard to assess much value. The Serena Williams SP that is a physical card only sells for about $5... Looks like you sold it on COMC so as being one of the first out there, I hope you did well!

It’s on comc but I haven’t posted a price for it yet since I wasn’t sure how much. It’s up now. What do you think it’ll be worth for being first?
Old 01-10-2018, 07:07 PM   #5
Jamesebee

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouts2 View Post
It’s on comc but I haven’t posted a price for it yet since I wasn’t sure how much. It’s up now. What do you think it’ll be worth for being first?
I had the Tiger SP-1 variation (along with a complete Royal Blue base set) listed from Friday-Monday. No takers on eBay, even with a starting auction of a buck!

The variations are better as achievement cards. Bummer you redeemed it! Could've leveraged that for some pretty sweet trades!

Good luck on the sale, though!
Jamesebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 07:21 PM   #6
trouts2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesebee View Post
I had the Tiger SP-1 variation (along with a complete Royal Blue base set) listed from Friday-Monday. No takers on eBay, even with a starting auction of a buck!

The variations are better as achievement cards. Bummer you redeemed it! Could've leveraged that for some pretty sweet trades!

Good luck on the sale, though!
Good point. I’m newish to epacks so i Didn’t even think about that. I guess I’ll have it shipped and try it on ebay
Old 01-10-2018, 07:24 PM   #7
Jamesebee

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouts2 View Post
Good point. I’m newish to epacks so i Didn’t even think about that. I guess I’ll have it shipped and try it on ebay
I set up a cross-post on the Sale/Trade section for exactly that reason. I have been leveraging most of the hits I've pulled into completing the achievements, and the photo variations will likely fall into those categories for me.
Jamesebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 08:12 PM   #8
GoBeavs

There really isn't any value set for these yet. The Jordan version has been up on COMC for a week, and hasn't sold at $25. I got scolded & blocked for offering $20 in value for one in a trade. Hard to say. So far it doesn't seem that the hardcore Goodwin physical set completionists are going after them.
Old 01-10-2018, 08:18 PM   #9
Orangejello727

i pulled a couple and still have them on the site. I get a ton offers, but most are petty
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:28 PM   #10
blinkme323

Just hit the Marky Ramone variation today. I guess I will hold it on the e-pack site at this point.
blinkme323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 01:39 PM   #11
trouts2

My tiger was sold for $150 on eBay. No clue what I could’ve got as trade through the site but I’m very happy nonetheless. So far for my 3 boxes worth busted, best hits I’ve gotten include the tiger variation, a rare surfer dog patch, Wu Minxia chinese diver Auto, Xue Chen lumberjacks mini /8
Old 01-14-2018, 07:59 PM   #12
notoriousRB

Send a message via AIM to notoriousRB

I just bought 6 epacks and hit these. Is it common to hit these or did I get lucky?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FDC512D4-B94B-486D-8413-D71FC0584B2E.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	8.8 KB
ID:	402325  
Old 01-17-2018, 08:37 PM   #13
jason825

I just opened 2 boxes and pulled the Michael Jordan photo variation from Group A. Pretty decent pull, I guess.
jason825 is offline   Reply With Quote