Blowout Cards Forums
old school

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

Notices

FOOTBALL Post your Football Cards Hobby Talk

Old 03-26-2018, 10:27 AM   #26
SethMurphy

Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy

So does anyone think DG could really trade Beckham or is this just both sides posturing for an extension. I mean, he traded JPP to free up nearly $19M for next season, seemingly trying to get ready to pay OBJ.

And if he is going to really consider trading Beckham, what type of return is acceptable? I'd be intrigued by a deal with the Browns if it included the #4 pick this season, us keeping the #2, and also getting a combo of picks including one of their second rounders 33 or 35 and a future 1st.

I mean if we had 2/4 this season we could really attack Barkley/Chubb or Barkley/Nelson or even trade out of 4. Would rebuild this team with affordable players in a hurry.

That said I don't want OBJ gone, I just want his prima donna act to stop.
SethMurphy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 12:19 PM   #27
mike1498

Quote:
Originally Posted by blevins26 View Post
My man!

I'm ready to start a NYG rookie RB collector support group.

If you're out there and you've ever collected any of the following players:

Jarrod Bunch
Charles Way
Tyrone Wheatley
Ron Dayne
David Wilson
and/or Paul Perkins

then you are welcome with us!
Iíll join in stuck with Rueben Randle and Andre Williams also
mike1498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 12:55 PM   #28
NYGiants72

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethMurphy View Post
So does anyone think DG could really trade Beckham or is this just both sides posturing for an extension. I mean, he traded JPP to free up nearly $19M for next season, seemingly trying to get ready to pay OBJ.

And if he is going to really consider trading Beckham, what type of return is acceptable? I'd be intrigued by a deal with the Browns if it included the #4 pick this season, us keeping the #2, and also getting a combo of picks including one of their second rounders 33 or 35 and a future 1st.

I mean if we had 2/4 this season we could really attack Barkley/Chubb or Barkley/Nelson or even trade out of 4. Would rebuild this team with affordable players in a hurry.

That said I don't want OBJ gone, I just want his prima donna act to stop.
I think this is all posturing, but I donít hate the idea. OBJ is rigthfully, due to his skill, going to get a massive contract. While I agree with his perceived market value, it would be tying up a lot of money on a guy who 1) isnít entirely injury free and 2) is prone to bad judgment and some me-first behavior. Itís a lot of risk for the cap space.

If we could get a high or medium #1 for him, I think that would be a no brainer. But with one year left on his contract his trade value isnít there (sure an extension would be in order, but still hurts with trade leverage. I think the best we could do would be a very late 1st rounder (from a team that is already competitive and looking for that win now piece) and a future 1st or 2nd
NYGiants72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 01:26 PM   #29
beaver1080

absolutely not, I hate to even think of letting go of the best player on the team. he's proven. sure they'd get extra picks but for unproven players. it could just as easily work out in their favor as it could blow up in their faces.
Old 03-26-2018, 05:00 PM   #30
NYGiants72

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaver1080 View Post
absolutely not, I hate to even think of letting go of the best player on the team. he's proven. sure they'd get extra picks but for unproven players. it could just as easily work out in their favor as it could blow up in their faces.
It would be a huge blow for sure, but donít know how many times a team has said ďWeíre sure glad we have our diva wide receiver all that money.Ē Beckham is a special talent no doubt, but Iím not crazy about paying QB money for the risk.

Trading our best player puts us in full rebuild mode, but would position us better for 1 or 2 years when we may have a new QB taking over. Some early round picks would help stock solid talent at low prices. Draft is hit or miss for sure, but a distraction prone WR at $20M a year is probably hot or miss too.
Old 03-29-2018, 09:57 AM   #31
SethMurphy

Crazy deep hypothetical was posted on twitter yesterday, thought I would share it. Came from @allinkid

Trade OBJ to Cleveland for picks 4, 35 & Corey Coleman
Trade #2 to Buffalo for picks 12, 22, 65
NYG now enter draft with picks 4, 12, 22, 35, 65, 66, 69 (He must be sending our second rounder out in one of those deals, possibly Cleveland)
His draft then targets QB at 4, Calvin Ridley at 12, Will Hernandez/OL at 22, and then 4 more picks in the second/third rounds.

I would like it even more if we kept 34, in that list and had 3 1s, 2 2s, 3 3s to build with (and took Barkley/Nelson/Chubb at 4 instead of a QB)
Old 03-29-2018, 07:21 PM   #32
QuinEarlyDoucet

Am I the only Giants fan that wants to move back on draft day?

Pending thebucsguy, mike Jones
QuinEarlyDoucet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 10:05 AM   #33
SethMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuinEarlyDoucet View Post
Am I the only Giants fan that wants to move back on draft day?
I have a list of options I like

Pick Barkley at 2 is at the top of the list

If he is gone, I don't want a QB at 2, and it's too early for Nelson/Chubb because someone will want the top QB option. So I think you move back with whomever pays the most (Cleveland, Buffalo, Denver, etc) and stockpile quality picks.

I'd love to move back to 4 with Cleveland the most because we could still take Nelson/Chubb at 4 and then have all the extra picks we get in that deal to build with.
Old 03-30-2018, 08:00 PM   #34
QuinEarlyDoucet

I have to say I pretty much agree with you 100 percent

Quote:
I have a list of options I like

Pick Barkley at 2 is at the top of the list

If he is gone, I don't want a QB at 2, and it's too early for Nelson/Chubb because someone will want the top QB option. So I think you move back with whomever pays the most (Cleveland, Buffalo, Denver, etc) and stockpile quality picks.

I'd love to move back to 4 with Cleveland the most because we could still take Nelson/Chubb at 4 and then have all the extra picks we get in that deal to build with.

Pending thebucsguy, mike Jones
QuinEarlyDoucet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 02:53 PM   #35
SethMurphy

Finally! Brandon Marshall cut, should save us $5M this season
Old 04-19-2018, 03:29 PM   #36
mj91534

Send a message via AIM to mj91534 Send a message via Yahoo to mj91534 Send a message via Skype™ to mj91534

So this is my thoughts so far
I do not hate any of the signings and I can see them not signing Darkwa because of his injury history. He is hurt a lot. It seems like a lot of players they did not bring back or let go have strong injury histories. Kinnard, Pugh, Richburg, even JPP is hurt quite a bit.

On the draft, I really want Quentin Nelson and think he is perfect for this team....

New Jersey native who grows up loving the Giants.

If it was me I would trade to the fourth spot. Let Cleveland take the QB and RB....Draft Nelson with the fourth pick. get another 1st rounder next year and get two 2nd rounders including this years which is the first pick in the 2nd round and this years 3rd from them as well. With that pick take a RB or Malik Jefferson who can be an impact LB the Giants have been needing for years. You will have two 1st rounders next year to get a qb so that way we can see what Davis Webb can do first if need be.
mj91534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 03:53 PM   #37
gonygo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj91534 View Post
So this is my thoughts so far
I do not hate any of the signings and I can see them not signing Darkwa because of his injury history. He is hurt a lot. It seems like a lot of players they did not bring back or let go have strong injury histories. Kinnard, Pugh, Richburg, even JPP is hurt quite a bit.

On the draft, I really want Quentin Nelson and think he is perfect for this team....

New Jersey native who grows up loving the Giants.

If it was me I would trade to the fourth spot. Let Cleveland take the QB and RB....Draft Nelson with the fourth pick. get another 1st rounder next year and get two 2nd rounders including this years which is the first pick in the 2nd round and this years 3rd from them as well. With that pick take a RB or Malik Jefferson who can be an impact LB the Giants have been needing for years. You will have two 1st rounders next year to get a qb so that way we can see what Davis Webb can do first if need be.
Ageee w this. Getting rid of dead/ injury prone weight and Trading out is the move. Grabbing Nelson would be a great move.
*To prevent potential problems-I will be more selective with whom I choose to sell to and/or trade with. Regardless If someone should post in any of my B/S/T threads or PM me about buying or trading for any of my cards etc. Also, if interested in buying a card or other, please lmk if you are located outside of the U.S. (re:shipping & handling charges)
gonygo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 02:23 PM   #38
SethMurphy

Ok, it's time for all of us fans to put our final predictions on the line for the second overall pick. What's it going to be?

Barkley? Darnold? Rosen? Trade Back? Chubb? Nelson?
Old 04-23-2018, 02:30 PM   #39
The Accountant

Quote:
Ok, it's time for all of us fans to put our final predictions on the line for the second overall pick. What's it going to be?

I think they want Barkley. But Giants will regret passing on a QB if they go that route. Eli has 2 years left.
Cole Hamels 1/1's, autos, and numbered refractors
The Accountant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 03:51 PM   #40
gonygo

Quote:

I feel like theyíre going to pick Barkley if they stay at 2, but if this gm does the smart/right thing, heíll trade out. This team isnít 1 player away. We need to rebuild this team n trading down for high picks is a good start.
*To prevent potential problems-I will be more selective with whom I choose to sell to and/or trade with. Regardless If someone should post in any of my B/S/T threads or PM me about buying or trading for any of my cards etc. Also, if interested in buying a card or other, please lmk if you are located outside of the U.S. (re:shipping & handling charges)
gonygo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 04:05 PM   #41
mj91534

Send a message via AIM to mj91534 Send a message via Yahoo to mj91534 Send a message via Skype™ to mj91534

i think its a mistake to take a qb this year the top 3 have been all over the place in rankings

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
mj91534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 05:47 PM   #42
NYGiants72

Barkley.

There is no tradedown scenario that makes sense to move back to 5 or 6 to take Chubb or Nelson, but that would be the dream scenario.
Old 04-27-2018, 10:09 AM   #43
SethMurphy

We we got ourselves a franchise player!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited for Saquon, now I really really want us to draft one of Connor Williams or Will Hernandez here in the second round to shore up the OL.