Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

Notices

FOOTBALL Post your Football Cards Hobby Talk

Old 04-16-2018, 09:07 AM   #1
Elbert3i

Default Time To Pick A 2018 Bama Rookie

With 2018 Contenders Draft Picks set to release soon, it's time to pick a Bama rookie or 2 to PC for the new season. Since I've gotten back into collecting, I usually go after 1-3 guys I really like from the draft class.

For example:
2011: Julio Jones*, Mark Ingram
2012: Dont'a Hightower, Trent Richardson
2013: Eddie Lacy*
2014: HaHa Clinton-Dix*, AJ McCarron, Kevin Norwood(after Mossing the Honey Badger, how could not love the guy!?)
2015: Amari Cooper*, T.J. Yeldon*, Landon Collins, Jalston Fowler
2016: Derrick Henry*, Kenyan Drake, Reggie Ragland
2017: O.J. Howard*, Eddie Jackson, ArDarius Stewart, Marlon Humphrey

with the "*" being my main emphasis

So the main question(s) remain.
What rookie(s) do I choose for the 2018 class?

Who has the highest star potential? Is it a defensive guy with minimal autos like Hightower? Rashaan Evans, Da'Ron Payne, and Ronnie Harrison come to mind.

Who has the biggest upside in terms of value? Is a second position player like Kenyan Drake? Any of our CBs come to mind, along with Robert Foster.

Who is the next for sure star? Is it Minkah Fitzpatrick, Calvin Ridley, or even Bo Scarbrough?

Who is the biggest sleeper? Someone like Crazy Tony, or Levi Wallace?

And who will be the guy that looks like a lock, but ends up as a major flop? Will Bo be the flop, or will someone else step into the role of over-hyped and under-performing?

Let's get the debate going!

And one last thing....ROLL TIDE!
Elbert3i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 09:12 AM   #2
mike1498

I think Minkah Fitzpatrick will be sick. I’ve seen in some mocks that he could go top 5 and last few corners who went top 5 were Pat Pete and jaylen Ramsey arguabley the two best corners in the league
mike1498 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 09:49 AM   #3
Edreedballhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1498 View Post
I think Minkah Fitzpatrick will be sick. Iíve seen in some mocks that he could go top 5 and last few corners who went top 5 were Pat Pete and jaylen Ramsey arguabley the two best corners in the league
Agreed, Minkah is special.
Old 04-16-2018, 05:48 PM   #4
Nuuk

I'm an obvious Bama outsider, being a PSU fan. But I try to grab as many early releases of my PSU guys as well, while they are still in their PSU uniforms.

Haven't seen every Bama game the past couple years, but I'd guess from what I have seen that Minkah, Ridley and Bo will have the most to choose from being skilled name players, and with Minkah and Ridley being Top 15 picks.

But I could see Evans and Payne being star worthy starters in the league for years. Might be more early value picking up lots of their parallels and autos.

Really hope Robert Foster gets drafted, he's from here in Pittsburgh and bucked the trend for Western PA kids by going down to Bama.

FOOTBALL: Penn State players and Troy Polamalu
HOCKEY: 90's goons and Igor Larionov
Nuuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 06:30 PM   #5
Seahawks fan

Why not just stagger a year. That way you could watch the players play and pick who you like and save money by not buying the player their rc year. Everyone on your list was much cheaper to buy after their rookie season. Heck half of those guys you can buy rookie autos for 2 bucks a piece.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:45 PM   #6
Valdorian

Have to go with what has already been said in that I think Minkah will be a star based on his versatility and his brain. I could see Calvin being a "bust" based on his frame and size, but if he bulks up he should be sick at the next level as well. I don't remember being blown away by Rashaan last year but having gone back and watched most of last year's games again, he was all over the place and was a beast. Robert Foster did absolutely nothing in college and blew most of the few opportunities he did have.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:02 PM   #7
Elbert3i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdorian View Post
Have to go with what has already been said in that I think Minkah will be a star based on his versatility and his brain. I could see Calvin being a "bust" based on his frame and size, but if he bulks up he should be sick at the next level as well. I don't remember being blown away by Rashaan last year but having gone back and watched most of last year's games again, he was all over the place and was a beast. Robert Foster did absolutely nothing in college and blew most of the few opportunities he did have.

Yeah I kind of feel the same way about Ridley. Highly touted, but idk how his frame and build will hold up in the NFL. I do think Minkah will be special, but could be tough snagging any decent autos.

I do feel like Rashaan could be the one to really blow up in the league. And I really hope that Crazy Tony makes a splash somewhere...and I hope heís got some autos that come out at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-16-2018, 08:04 PM   #8
Valdorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbert3i View Post
Yeah I kind of feel the same way about Ridley. Highly touted, but idk how his frame and build will hold up in the NFL. I do think Minkah will be special, but could be tough snagging any decent autos.

I do feel like Rashaan could be the one to really blow up in the league. And I really hope that Crazy Tony makes a splash somewhere...and I hope he’s got some autos that come out at some point.

Agreed...I NEED me some Tony for my collection as well!
Old 04-17-2018, 05:48 PM   #9
Elbert3i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdorian View Post
Agreed...I NEED me some Tony for my collection as well!

lol yes! I feel like everyone does! Even non-Bama fans

Old 04-19-2018, 08:02 PM   #10
Valdorian

We are getting a Tony!

https://www.cardboardconnection.com/...football-cards