2018 flush

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

Notices

FOOTBALL Post your Football Cards Hobby Talk

Old 04-01-2018, 03:39 PM   #26
shrevecity

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3124508 on COMC View Post
You watch too much CSI, my friend. If you get them to take a report you'll be lucky.
Yep. Even if they do take a report it will likely end up in file 13. This will be a civil matter most likely.
shrevecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 03:54 PM   #27
SanAntonioSpurs

Look at the replies in this thread and then think to yourself why scammers keep scamming... You guys make it too easy with the "nothing you can do, just take the hit and move on" posts.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/sanantoniospurs21/albums
SanAntonioSpurs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 04:22 PM   #28
Siberian13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntonioSpurs View Post
Look at the replies in this thread and then think to yourself why scammers keep scamming... You guys make it too easy with the "nothing you can do, just take the hit and move on" posts.
Please list what he can do. That would be helpful
Siberian13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 04:54 PM   #29
kingsjason55

3k would be worth a drive and door knock on someone's doorstep.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
kingsjason55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 05:01 PM   #30
leewei

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhcook View Post
I would put the username and real name out there, not to put him on blast, but to see if anyone has any knowledge. If he is scamming, he didn't bust his cherry on NT. Plus, there is some possibility he is doing nothing wrong and hopefully others will be know him and chime in that they are legit.
Thanks and happens to be a her.. I assume they will be returning the item this week so will keep all posted. Best case this may be buyers remorse and a way to return?
leewei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 05:02 PM   #31
leewei

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjason55 View Post
3k would be worth a drive and door knock on someone's doorstep.

Ive thought about it. Unfortunately I live in NJ and this buyer is out in Cali.. so not as easy as a drive.
Old 04-01-2018, 05:26 PM   #32
SanAntonioSpurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian13 View Post
Please list what he can do. That would be helpful
Why should anyone do that? Seller wants help because he's possibly getting scammed but can't be bothered to out the buyer to protect other people...? Buyer could be scamming more than just him, right? A posted name could potentially bring more people in saying buyer is scamming them too, right?

For starters, common sense says get a mail fraud case started since is a $3k hit.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/sanantoniospurs21/albums
SanAntonioSpurs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 05:42 PM   #33
RogerGodahell

It would be helpful to know who else the buyer has bought from and what else they've bought. In the old days of eBay you used to be able to see that info before they started encrypting it.

Once you get it back i would look it over carefully and if you think it's been tampered with file an ebay case. You can't see that info that i described above but eBay can. This guy may be doing the same thing with other people and if they see a pattern of him returning unopened boxes they may side with you.
RogerGodahell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 06:02 PM   #34
RogerGodahell

Is this our culprit?

Yes, im that good. BODA
Old 04-01-2018, 06:08 PM   #35
leewei

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerGodahell View Post
Is this our culprit?

Yes, im that good. BODA
Wow impressive.. Sarah Gerona. It was signed by her as well. Again cant confirm on fraud claims and will do so once package is received. Thanks all.
Old 04-01-2018, 08:41 PM   #36
majestik101

I've said it once, I'll say it again. It seems that every year, National Treasures really brings out the low lifes. Sad but true.

Good luck OP.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:29 PM   #37
RogerGodahell

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestik101 View Post
I've said it once, I'll say it again. It seems that every year, National Treasures really brings out the low lifes. Sad but true.

Good luck OP.
It does seem like it's been that way for NT. It's almost like it brings the greed, stealing and worst out of people.

They're like Gollum
Old 04-01-2018, 11:57 PM   #38
TWard
Temporarily Suspended

Hope it works out for you, OP. 3k is no laughing matter.
Old 04-02-2018, 01:26 AM   #39
dapro

Let's hope its not a box filled with paper instead. Because you can't prove you didn't sent it that way. Good luck. That is why I really hate high money deals. You don't know who is a fraud nowadays or mail get lost while delivering.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/156455278@N06/collections/72157666436269628/
dapro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 01:35 AM   #40
ND3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel1775 View Post
I would fille a police report if the seal is broken and you know it wasn't sent like that. Additionally, I would have the police open the case and dust the boxes for fingerprints,seriously. That's a lot of money and pays rent twice over for 99 percent of us. Also mail fraud..... Internet faud....Go all out!
While it all sounds great. In reality the authorities aren't going to do much..that is just the plain hard truth. You will hear this is civil matter over and over.

File all the reports necessary OP. Push to see if your local and buyers local department will do anything. Contact postal inspector office as well. They will be less inclined to help being that you aren't talking about a multi million dollar scam/counterfeit ring.
Old 04-02-2018, 02:41 AM   #41
JWBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntonioSpurs View Post
Post of the year on B.O.
JWBlue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 02:59 AM   #42
tnvolfan16

i think the biggest problem is finding someone at the police department who understands why what you are trying to explain to them is important. if you put yourself in the shoes of the general public and just for example sake, someone is trying to explain that they shipped a case of 3 (or everhowmany) boxes to this person, you suspect they opened the case, got the "case hit" out of box number one, put another box in its place and returned it. and that potential scenario could make the case worth less money because it is not sealed from the factory. you probably lost them at the words "case hit". I could see them saying, so you sent three boxes and had three boxes returned, sounds like their is no problem. i could just see that being the conversation unless the person knows how this industry works. hope it works out in the end
Old 04-02-2018, 10:20 AM   #43
kingsjason55

That's honestly why I stopped selling boxes/cases. Its so difficult to prove anything. I really hope the best IMO when you receive it back record it as you receive it.

kingsjason55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 10:31 AM   #44
hawkeyecards

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapro View Post
Let's hope its not a box filled with paper instead. Because you can't prove you didn't sent it that way. Good luck. That is why I really hate high money deals. You don't know who is a fraud nowadays or mail get lost while delivering.
You can get the weight of the package you sent as well as the weight of the package sent to you. If they're off considerably mail fraud is easily shown and then you can get postal inspector on it and that's a felony.
hawkeyecards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 12:05 PM   #45
Siberian13

How many of you guys have had success getting to PO-PO involved and getting results? And the person who attempted the fraud/scam actually being punished? How do we know this person even did anything wrong? Guess we will all have to wait until you get your package back first.
Siberian13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 02:48 PM   #46
bmp8878

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnvolfan16 View Post
i think the biggest problem is finding someone at the police department who understands why what you are trying to explain to them is important. if you put yourself in the shoes of the general public and just for example sake, someone is trying to explain that they shipped a case of 3 (or everhowmany) boxes to this person, you suspect they opened the case, got the "case hit" out of box number one, put another box in its place and returned it. and that potential scenario could make the case worth less money because it is not sealed from the factory. you probably lost them at the words "case hit". I could see them saying, so you sent three boxes and had three boxes returned, sounds like their is no problem. i could just see that being the conversation unless the person knows how this industry works. hope it works out in the end
Great post.
bmp8878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 01:02 AM   #47
mltpd5574

I have been a police officer for 15 years and with the information given here I would have a very difficult time gathering enough evidence for a prosecutor to bring charges. This is why most police officers consider your best course of action to be civil.
mltpd5574 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 01:06 AM   #48
Onepocketj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mltpd5574 View Post
I have been a police officer for 15 years and with the information given here I would have a very difficult time gathering enough evidence for a prosecutor to bring charges. This is why most police officers consider your best course of action to be civil.
Holy lurker! You brought him out of 8 years of lurking with this post!
Onepocketj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 07:47 AM   #49
LALeakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onepocketj View Post
Holy lurker! You brought him out of 8 years of lurking with this post!
This.....how strange...

Good luck OP.
Old 04-05-2018, 08:15 AM   #50
meandsharon11

Sounds like the buyer is opening and swapping out what is in the cases for what they have.

Take a screen shot of all cards this buyer has listed. If the boxes are all cut but full then check and see if the ones in the boxes match any that were listed. Assuming the buyer would end them. If you’re lucky they will make a mistake like this.