Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

Notices

FOOTBALL Post your Football Cards Hobby Talk

Old 04-06-2018, 01:46 PM   #76
leewei

Thanks everyone. Appreciate the comments and don't want to get anyone else involved.

As for weight. The tin/box was intact and only cards were removed which unfortunately didn't result in a change in the original weight of 5lbs (rounded up).

Unfortunately ebay was no help. Will update everyone on how my conversation with LE goes tomorrow.

One thing I will say is that the way the box was resealed and photos taken..was a very professional scam job. Definitely wasn't this individual's first time (or likely last).
leewei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 01:57 PM   #77
BigRhino

Wow sorry to hear leewei. Make sure to report all of their listings as stolen property to at least stop them from selling the cards. So brazen
Old 04-06-2018, 02:01 PM   #78
meandsharon11

seriously need to leave feedback stating you were scammed as a seller
Old 04-06-2018, 02:04 PM   #79
meandsharon11

philsbullpen left feedback as a seller stating beware and the buyer is a liar.

you aren't the first person and the more that post the better
Old 04-06-2018, 02:21 PM   #80
Siberian13

Quote:
Originally Posted by meandsharon11 View Post
philsbullpen left feedback as a seller stating beware and the buyer is a liar.

you aren't the first person and the more that post the better
Why does this feedback from philsbullpen show up as positive? I assume ebay changed it?

************* ATTENTION SELLERS/ BEWARE OF LIES ************
Siberian13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 02:37 PM   #81
leewei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian13 View Post
Why does this feedback from philsbullpen show up as positive? I assume ebay changed it?

Ebay sellers can ONLY leave positive feedback. I'm waiting for the conclusion of the ebay investigation on the buyer (see if there's any history). I'll definitely leave feedback at the conclusion.
Old 04-06-2018, 02:40 PM   #82
meandsharon11

Quote:

ebay changed that a long time ago. You haven't been able to leave anything other than positive feedback to buyers for years
Old 04-06-2018, 02:55 PM   #83
Siberian13

Quote:
ebay changed that a long time ago. You haven't been able to leave anything other than positive feedback to buyers for years
eBay is a terrible company. I see they only care about sales.
Old 04-06-2018, 03:48 PM   #84
discostu

Post up the street address that you shipped to
Old 04-06-2018, 05:21 PM   #85
leewei

Wow...received huge help from the community concerning background of the scam artist.. Gerona is her Maiden name. While her husband (verified street address to where the package was sent to) is a fan of cards. Also affiliation with the local card shop that may need to be looked into. I may contact the card shop to see if these cards are being fenced there. At this point I'll cross reference the husbands name with ebay and LE and see if there's any history. No way this is their first time..

Again a big THANK YOU to the community. Will be sure to provide updates.
Old 04-06-2018, 05:43 PM   #86
fact81

Happy to see your making strides!! It's an awful feeling, being victimized! 100times better when you nail the SOB
Old 04-06-2018, 05:47 PM   #87
TWard

I hate people. I really hope this all gets situated and you get your money back, OP.

Go Colts.
TWard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 05:52 PM   #88
hche

You can also file report at:

https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

No guarantee they will do anything, but if someone else already did, more reports will trigger an investigation.
Old 04-06-2018, 06:31 PM   #89
Siberian13

Quote:
Originally Posted by leewei View Post
Wow...received huge help from the community concerning background of the scam artist.. Gerona is her Maiden name. While her husband (verified street address to where the package was sent to) is a fan of cards. Also affiliation with the local card shop that may need to be looked into. I may contact the card shop to see if these cards are being fenced there. At this point I'll cross reference the husbands name with ebay and LE and see if there's any history. No way this is their first time..

Again a big THANK YOU to the community. Will be sure to provide updates.
What’s the guys name?
Old 04-06-2018, 06:34 PM   #90
leewei

Quote:
What’s the guys name?
Kunjewa Nguyen.. anyone dealt with this guy?
Old 04-06-2018, 06:40 PM   #91
discostu

Quote:
Originally Posted by leewei View Post
Kunjewa Nguyen.. anyone dealt with this guy?
24 years old, with a young daughter...
Old 04-06-2018, 07:30 PM   #92
ninjacookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu View Post
Wham. Bam. Cot. Damn.

I love the interwebs.

OP. Love your tenacity. Do not let these fraudsters off the hook. Make them wet the bed every night knowing their future freedom isn't secured.

The sad thing is they were able to procreate.
ninjacookies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 08:37 PM   #93
glen87

Quote:
seriously need to leave feedback stating you were scammed as a seller
definitely DO NOT do this
Old 04-06-2018, 08:39 PM   #94
3124508 on COMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen87 View Post
definitely DO NOT do this
Agreed. Terrible advice.
3124508 on COMC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 09:12 PM   #95
ctau00

Quote:
Sarah Elisha Gerona

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu View Post
A google search of just her first & last name doesn't result in much. I'm not even sure the results are for the same person in question but add a middle name and whaddya know, she's a non-sport sketch artist who also happens to buy & sell sportscards??? A lot of sportscards... and high end brands too, especially for a new seller since Jan 2018. She may not be so innocent after all. Sorry you're having to deal with this OP.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...4o7N5utXjsRQ_v
https://www.ebay.com/usr/scsexpress?...p2047675.l2559

eBay Member User ID History
The box below contains the User IDs that this member has used on eBay.

User ID
Effective Date
End Date

scsexpress
Mar-30-18
Present

xmarvel
Jan-09-18
Mar-30-18

t*********5
Jan-09-18
Jan-09-18
ctau00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 09:22 PM   #96
discostu

The beauty of the internet now is that if you screw up, it will stay with you.

Now a basic Google search of this guy and his wife will show everyone who they are...thieves and scam artists.

Forever.

Sure, they can change their names if they want, but regardless...this makes things really uncomfortable for these two...immediately.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:53 PM   #97
leewei

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyguyrich View Post
You can't prove what cards were in the boxes so I doubt police will do anything and since you put your own tape over it I think your screwed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctau00 View Post
A google search of just her first & last name doesn't result in much. I'm not even sure the results are for the same person in question but add a middle name and whaddya know, she's a non-sport sketch artist who also happens to buy & sell sportscards??? A lot of sportscards... and high end brands too, especially for a new seller since Jan 2018. She may not be so innocent after all. Sorry you're having to deal with this OP.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...4o7N5utXjsRQ_v
https://www.ebay.com/usr/scsexpress?...p2047675.l2559

eBay Member User ID History
The box below contains the User IDs that this member has used on eBay.

User ID
Effective Date
End Date

scsexpress
Mar-30-18
Present

xmarvel
Jan-09-18
Mar-30-18

t*********5
Jan-09-18
Jan-09-18

Wow..interesting..didn't know about this 2nd account. More /13 FOTLs. Curious how many cases they bought/stole. I'll contact ebay again tomorrow and bring this to their attention. Thanks!
Old 04-07-2018, 04:03 AM   #98
jppicks

Sorry this happened. This is really unfortunate. This is why now I don't sell high-end on ebay unless it is with a consignor as they have more power with ebay/paypal to deal with fraudsters and stop them from getting refunds than a smaller seller would have. We are stuck holding the bag .
jppicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 04:17 AM   #99
JVO

Wow Westminster is literally like 5 mins away from me and mainly populated with about 50% Vietnamese. I hope everything works out for u OP.
JVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 08:57 PM   #100
leewei

**UPDATE**

So early in the morning I received the following message from the buyer:

"Hey,
It has been a few days and I really do feel bad about returning your item. To be honest, the case wasn't factory sealed, it had a tape line over the "Stop..." tape. I guess I was so mad when I thought you tried to sell me an opened case that I opened all the boxes and then return the case to you. But, I know it wasn't right and it bothered me since. Now, I don't know if you knew the case was opened or not but it's not right for me to open the inner boxes. But, all I can do now is apologize for what I did and ask you to cancel the "return request", because I can't prove that you knew the case was open or not but I sure as hell know what I did was wrong. So again, I apologize. If you can't cancel the return request, just contact eBay and point them to the next message that I'm sending you asking you to cancel the "return request". That should solve the issue because I had another buyer that done the same to me"

Not that it matters, but item was factory sealed and it was only once that I received it, I noticed a clear packing tape over the seal. Made no sense the he opened and resealed?? I had to "unseal" the seal he replaced once I received the package. I do have this on video.

At this point, things are starting to look good. I contacted ebay and informed them of the message. They checked up on it but unfortunately the buyer needs to initiate the conversation directly with eBay to cancel this transaction.

There were about 20 back and forth messages with the buyer as well as 2-3 hours on the phone with ebay. Essentially what it came down to was although the person messaging back and forth wanted to cancel the return, when ebay called them directly (this happened twice) the person on the phone (the wife) wanted to continue to pursue the refund. At this point there seems to be miscommunication with the husband and wife??

I escalated this case to ebay leadership and everyone I spoke to noted this as a strangely unique situation. Although the writer of the messages seems apologetic over the incident, no where in any message does he say he kept the card. This is what I need according to ebay in order to resolve the issue. I believe these scammers to be incredibly careful in order to not incriminate themselves. I sent one more message to them about 4 hours ago and laid out exactly what ebay needed in order to clear the case but have not heard back. Don't think I will.

My plan was to head to the local police dept to file the report today but will now do this tomorrow. I'll see what their advice is in whether I should pursue this with the Westminster LE. I have until 4/16 until the buyer can escalate the claim, close the case, and on my end

Also will be sending the buyer one last message tomorrow morning warning them of the serious nature of the scam. I plan on calling/contacting all local card shops in westminster and beyond and warn them that these two individuals may be selling stolen items.

Fedex insurance claim can't be opened as the items were returned .

Are there any other actions I can legally take in response? Please let me know if I missed anything.

Sorry I know this is long, but its quite therapeutic detailing and laying all this out. And again a big thank you to the community for the continued support!