Blowout Cards Forums
2018 bb pre order

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

Notices

FOOTBALL Post your Football Cards Hobby Talk

Old 04-19-2018, 12:59 PM   #1
manning99

Default Browns News on Pro Football Talk....This is rich

Likely just a bartering tactic to perhaps look at trading out of #4, but this would be something.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...G:topheadlines
manning99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 01:45 PM   #2
gmarutiak

It's an interesting thought, but I think they'll go with Allen at #1, Chubb at #4 and best RB available at the top of the second round. 8 wins this year.
gmarutiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 02:19 PM   #3
CC71

dumbest thing i ever read. that's like basically throwing away a top 4 draft pick. dumb idea by a dumber "reporter"

CC71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 02:34 PM   #4
auctionjmm

I have "considered" many things in my life that I ultimately decided not to do. Even if it was for 2 split seconds, I suppose you can say I "considered" it. This is click bait without breaking the rules. Ask Lebron James if he ever "considered" retiring at his prime like MJ did the first time and if he says "I thought about what that might be like to retire young and spend more time with my family" then you have a "HUGE" story. Just a little journalism tactic at play here.
auctionjmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 02:39 PM   #5
Boo

It's been talked about for weeks, nothing new
Old 04-19-2018, 02:43 PM   #6
meandsharon11

This isn’t the first article, post, idea or thread in this forum about the Browns drafting 2 qb’s in the first.

Considering the Browns history over the last 20 years this is not a bad idea. Finding a franchise qb will help the Browns in so many ways. There is no cost too great at finding one, and having 2 competing for the job is more than any other franchise has. When they name a clear future starter the other can be traded for a star player or more pics. No team has ever had this oportunity, and personally I think it would be irresponsible if they don’t do everything possible to achieve this goal.

Drafting #1 and #2 the best 2 qb’s is a dream scenario for the organization and true fans.
Old 04-19-2018, 03:15 PM   #7
bojesphob

Quote:
Originally Posted by meandsharon11 View Post
This isnt the first article, post, idea or thread in this forum about the Browns drafting 2 qbs in the first.

Considering the Browns history over the last 20 years this is not a bad idea. Finding a franchise qb will help the Browns in so many ways. There is no cost too great at finding one, and having 2 competing for the job is more than any other franchise has. When they name a clear future starter the other can be traded for a star player or more pics. No team has ever had this oportunity, and personally I think it would be irresponsible if they dont do everything possible to achieve this goal.

Drafting #1 and #2 the best 2 qbs is a dream scenario for the organization and true fans.
I would agree, personally. QB is still their one glaring issue position, and the more they do to try to address it, the better chances they have of actually becoming a contender again.
Old 04-19-2018, 03:32 PM   #8
TWard

** Instagram - @tylersportsguy **
TWard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 05:58 PM   #9
ILOVEBEER

I think the Browns are saying this in hopes of getting the Broncos to move up either to #1 or #4. Broncos have already given up on Keenum. They settled on him. Blatantly obvious here in Denver that Case is not the guy. They wanted Cousins bad and Lynch isn't the doing anything. Broncos seem to be leaning towards Mayfield or Allen and that probably won't happen w/o a trade.
Old 04-19-2018, 06:00 PM   #10
blevins26

If the NFL followed basketball-style analytics, this would probably be a smart move.

You HAVE to have a QB in the NFL. Why not take 2 guys in the top 4 of the draft? You just doubled your chances of getting a star. Money-wise, you now have the QB position covered and you're still paying less than a veteran starter (go look at guys like Tyrod who make $15M/yr and are "average").

On top of that, QB careers are 15 years vs. 8-10 for almost all other positions.

All I'm saying is, it's really not that crazy, especially if you're a perennial cellar dweller like CLE.
blevins26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:02 PM   #11
Siberian13

Quote:
Originally Posted by blevins26 View Post
If the NFL followed basketball-style analytics, this would probably be a smart move.

You HAVE to have a QB in the NFL. Why not take 2 guys in the top 4 of the draft? You just doubled your chances of getting a star. Money-wise, you now have the QB position covered and you're still paying less than a veteran starter (go look at guys like Tyrod who make $15M/yr and are "average").

On top of that, QB careers are 15 years vs. 8-10 for almost all other positions.

All I'm saying is, it's really not that crazy, especially if you're a perennial cellar dweller like CLE.
Cleveland would still draft the two biggest busts. One is enough
Siberian13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:09 PM   #12
twisty571

I think Tyrod would walk in Hugh's office and slap him if they did that..lol
Old 04-19-2018, 07:16 PM   #13
RogerGodahell

Who will they draft with the #1 pick next year? I mean you've got to get better eventually right? It's working for the 76ers
RogerGodahell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:21 PM   #14
duwal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC71 View Post
dumbest thing i ever read. that's like basically throwing away a top 4 draft pick. dumb idea by a dumber "reporter"

Well how many times have they succeeded with drafting just one quarterback in the first round? How did it work with putting the job on Manziel with no competition from another young QB? Or Brandon Weeden...Brady Quinn....Tim Couch...

Or waiting until later rounds to find the QB but not using a 1st rounder on them? Kizer? Kessler? McCoy? Frye? McCown?

Just saying maybe if they draft two very high that seem to have the chance they'll be good enough to stick around maybe it would be entirely worth it, especially now with the salary level compared to past years where top QB's right after being draft would sign 10+ million a year contracts
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:38 PM   #15
RogerGodahell

I really don't think the problem is the players, it's the coaching staff and the owners. All these guys were really good in college you'd think it would even out with every other team in the NFL over time. I mean they've historically had more high draft picks over the last 20 years than anyone i believe. Might be wrong but it seems that way.
RogerGodahell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:49 PM   #16
meandsharon11

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisty571 View Post
I think Tyrod would walk in Hugh's office and slap him if they did that..lol

Tyrod will most likely be there for 2-3 years, but he knows this isn't a permanent place for him. Trade up from #4 to #2 and take the top 2 on their board. Start Tyrod for the year no matter what (if injured then start Kessler or Stanton). In the last 2-3 weeks of the season they will know which rookie they will want as their future guy. Trade the other one just before the season ends (by this point knowing who will own the top 10-12 picks in 2019) and get what you can in draft pick(s) right then from a qb needy team since that qb will still have quite a bit of value. This also gives the team receiving a chance to at least have a couple weeks with their new guy to give him a playbook and get some basic pointers in on how they want him to start getting ready.
Old 04-19-2018, 07:53 PM   #17
Adarkes01

I'm just tired of watching the Browns ruin so many promising careers. I would do my best to always be the 2nd best QB in college ball statistically to avoid that death sentence. Look at what they did with Kizer. Throw this guy who isn't developed into a team with nothing around him, go 0-16 then refuse to stick with him. What a mess. Manziel has personal issues and then gets drafted to the Browns on top of that. Kid never stood a chance. Could literally go on forever.
Adarkes01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:57 PM   #18
asujbl

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

1,000,000 bet this doesnt happen

Clickbait is fun 7 days out
Old 04-19-2018, 08:05 PM   #19
meandsharon11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adarkes01 View Post
I'm just tired of watching the Browns ruin so many promising careers. I would do my best to always be the 2nd best QB in college ball statistically to avoid that death sentence. Look at what they did with Kizer. Throw this guy who isn't developed into a team with nothing around him, go 0-16 then refuse to stick with him. What a mess. Manziel has personal issues and then gets drafted to the Browns on top of that. Kid never stood a chance. Could literally go on forever.

Kizer got tossed because Dorsey came in. Unfortunately all the Browns have done is change coaches or GM's every 1-2 years and that has more to do with it than anything. With Hue still there I honestly believe Kizer was a consolation pick by Sashi. I don't think Hue viewed him as a starter to begin with, and I don't think many other coaches or GM's did either. It was similar to Osweiler being handed to Bill O'Brien in Houston and saying "Well it's not what you asked for, but I still got you something". Obviously not as bad as Osweiler, but that may have been the very reason Sashi got fired.

I think they will stick with Hue (unless Dorsey convinces them there's someone better) and Dorsey for a while (at least 4 years) to see how they grow the team. This is the perfect time to use what they have and take as many big swings as possible.
Old 04-19-2018, 08:06 PM   #20
Seahawks fan

Saddest part of the Browns qb problems is from 07 until now they had the best LT in the game protecting them and still couldn't do anything. The next qb won't be so lucky.
Old 04-19-2018, 08:46 PM   #21
asujbl

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

Quote:
Kizer got tossed because Dorsey came in. Unfortunately all the Browns have done is change coaches or GM's every 1-2 years and that has more to do with it than anything. With Hue still there I honestly believe Kizer was a consolation pick by Sashi. I don't think Hue viewed him as a starter to begin with, and I don't think many other coaches or GM's did either. It was similar to Osweiler being handed to Bill O'Brien in Houston and saying "Well it's not what you asked for, but I still got you something". Obviously not as bad as Osweiler, but that may have been the very reason Sashi got fired.

I think they will stick with Hue (unless Dorsey convinces them there's someone better) and Dorsey for a while (at least 4 years) to see how they grow the team. This is the perfect time to use what they have and take as many big swings as possible.
Dorsey hates Hue

Ill give him 6 games

John DeFillipo will be the coach soon
Old 04-20-2018, 01:38 AM   #22
NickM

Quote:
Tyrod will most likely be there for 2-3 years, but he knows this isn't a permanent place for him. Trade up from #4 to #2 and take the top 2 on their board. Start Tyrod for the year no matter what (if injured then start Kessler or Stanton). In the last 2-3 weeks of the season they will know which rookie they will want as their future guy. Trade the other one just before the season ends (by this point knowing who will own the top 10-12 picks in 2019) and get what you can in draft pick(s) right then from a qb needy team since that qb will still have quite a bit of value. This also gives the team receiving a chance to at least have a couple weeks with their new guy to give him a playbook and get some basic pointers in on how they want him to start getting ready.
The trade deadline is a lot earlier in the season than that.
"And when do we want it?"
"It's irrelevant."
NickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 11:56 AM   #23
meandsharon11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickM View Post
The trade deadline is a lot earlier in the season than that.

The end of October, after week 8. So if not by then they wait till the start of offseason. either way the point is they have a blue chip qb prospect on the trade block.
Old 04-20-2018, 12:29 PM   #24
AwesomeBrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adarkes01 View Post
Kizer was never promising though, even psychopath Brian Kelly knew he wasn't ready. Steve Beuerlein was the last ND QB to do anything in the NFL. Browns did nearly kill Cody Kessler though with multiple concussions, he will never have much of a career. None of these 4 coming out this year are anything special either.
AwesomeBrian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 12:48 PM   #25
jubei777

I thought Kessler is with JAX now?