Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

Notices

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Old 11-17-2017, 04:45 PM   #1
duwal

Default Netflix's Punisher season has officially started

For those that are fans of him and the Netflix shows just saw when I went home for lunch that they have episodes up
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 04:46 PM   #2
Vargaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal View Post
For those that are fans of him and the Netflix shows just saw when I went home for lunch that they have episodes up
Episodes go live midnight Pacific. I know because my boss frequently comes in to work having been up late watching the first episode or two of new seasons haha.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My FS/FT thread https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1112127
Vargaman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 08:01 PM   #3
Brobocop

Oof, the first few episodes, come on. These series need to be 6-7 episodes long. 10+ episodes is just way too much.
Brobocop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 08:04 PM   #4
geoffyb

Im 5 episodes deep. Not impressed so far
geoffyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 02:49 PM   #5
Vargaman

I just finished episode 5 last night. I think what's odd here is this doesn't feel like a Marvel show because it's basically a war drama.

That said, I do like the acting and it's been entertaining so far, but I don't recognize any of the bad guys because I'm not well versed in the comics.

I wish they'd have a set of Marvel Netflix cads that'd cover the 6 shows (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Defenders and Punisher). If they could get the main cast of each to sign it'd be amazing, plus none are really too high profile. Even Sigourney Weaver signs cards, so it could be done.

My FS/FT thread https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1112127
Vargaman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 03:47 PM   #6
daxwills

The original dolph lundgren punisher movie is the most realistic and faithful to the character. If you want to amp up the cartoony violence level “war zone” was a fun film. The Thomas Jane version was terrible. Haven’t seen Netflix version yet but sounds like it suffers the fate a lot of punisher falls into, he’s not a superhero, he’s not a deep character, he kills criminals. There’s only so much variety you can throw in there before it goes off the rails. Which they’ve done dozens of times in the comics. So I can’t see basing a show off of him. But maybe it’ll be fun when I get around to seeing them.
Old 11-20-2017, 04:30 PM   #7
UpperDeckMatt
Upper Deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaman View Post
I just finished episode 5 last night. I think what's odd here is this doesn't feel like a Marvel show because it's basically a war drama.
I'm finding the same thing. Because the punisher is essentially "guy with guns" as opposed to person with super human abilities, it's difficult to classify this show with it's predecessors like Daredevil or Jessica Jones. I'm only 4 episodes in. It's entertaining. But you could of replaced Punisher with John Q and I would be getting about the same level of enjoyment out of it.

I will say I thoroughly enjoyed some of the tense moments in the series. But that's the whole point of an action/drama series.
UpperDeckMatt is offline   Reply With Quote