Blowout Cards Forums
May Flowers

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

Notices

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Old 11-23-2017, 02:41 PM   #1
pjs2000

Default Galactic Files Reborn...still worth breaking????

I love that product and have already put together complete base and insert sets, pulled some great sketches, etc; anyone out there still think it is worth breaking more of hobby or should I just wait till The Last Jedi Series 1 comes out...
pjs2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 03:03 PM   #2
Vargaman

I think I tracked this set pretty well for big hits pulled

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ISfjfFw0gYB6kI

The 6-way auto never surfaced that we know of.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My FS/FT thread https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1112127
Vargaman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 04:19 PM   #3
HiltonL

If you are breaking for the lottery aspect of it, then yes GFR continues to yield big hits.
If you are breaking because you're bored or have some money in your pocket, then wait for Last Jedi.

2017 Masterwork is worth breaking - some really nice sketches and the value prop is far better than last year's Masterwork.
HiltonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 05:17 PM   #4
havok1891

I like this set too. But after buying three boxes and getting the auto of the actress that voices Satine (from Clone Wars) twice . . . I feel sort of stung by it and fear going back.
havok1891 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 05:49 PM   #5
HiltonL

Quote:
Originally Posted by havok1891 View Post
I like this set too. But after buying three boxes and getting the auto of the actress that voices Satine (from Clone Wars) twice . . . I feel sort of stung by it and fear going back.
If you want to trade, or buy some autos relatively cheaply off me, let me know. I broke a couple cases of GFR and would gladly break more if I got a decent deal.
Old 11-23-2017, 06:15 PM   #6
havok1891

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiltonL View Post
If you want to trade, or buy some autos relatively cheaply off me, let me know. I broke a couple cases of GFR and would gladly break more if I got a decent deal.
Thanks but I am trying my hand at some Gotham and more Walking Dead (different seasons) first. Then I plan to tap into some Flash & Arrow. Even in the world of Star Wars, I will probably dip into some Episode 8 before going back to GFR. There are just so many things out there and so little funds.

I would not be opposed to trading Satine for a similar level auto.
Old 11-23-2017, 06:16 PM   #7
pjs2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by havok1891 View Post
WOW that certainly was a raw deal man, especially from 3 boxes of hobby. I myself popped 5 boxes of hobby and I got 2 sketches, 1 black printing plate, 1 gold medallion, 1 gold base parallel, and 2 gold autos. Then I went and bought another 10 plus blaster boxes and popped another sketch. Here are the better hits from this product I have procured. I'm 1 damn card short on the insert side of things, need the Galactic Quotes #5, "It's a trap"...anyone have an extra???

Wedge/Lawson gold auto 9/25 *Hobby box
Darth Maul/Witwer gold auto 1/25 *Bought from eBay
Brad Hudson Darth Maul *Blaster box
Louise Draper Darth Maul sketch *Artist Proof Return
Anthony Skubis Luke Jedi sketch *Artist Proof Return
Anthony Skubis Podracer Anakin sketch *Hobby box
Eric White Vader/Palpatine sketch *Hobby box
Old 11-23-2017, 06:19 PM   #8
pjs2000

Quote:
If you are breaking for the lottery aspect of it, then yes GFR continues to yield big hits.
If you are breaking because you're bored or have some money in your pocket, then wait for Last Jedi.

2017 Masterwork is worth breaking - some really nice sketches and the value prop is far better than last year's Masterwork.
I love the 2017 Masterwork, but it seems to be a little out of my price range. $180ish a box for just 20 cards...what are the sketches falling at box wise???
Old 11-23-2017, 06:34 PM   #9
havok1891

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjs2000 View Post
WOW that certainly was a raw deal man, especially from 3 boxes of hobby. I myself popped 5 boxes of hobby and I got 2 sketches, 1 black printing plate, 1 gold medallion, 1 gold base parallel, and 2 gold autos. Then I went and bought another 10 plus blaster boxes and popped another sketch. Here are the better hits from this product I have procured. I'm 1 damn card short on the insert side of things, need the Galactic Quotes #5, "It's a trap"...anyone have an extra???

There were some things that smoothed out the bump.

1) The first being my first box had a gold auto of a jedi (the one that plays Lumani Unduli, spelling is probably off but i bet you know who i mean) and anyone that uses a lightsaber, esp. in live action, is fun esp. a gold.

2) But then next two purchases were Satine, basic auto, as the hit. But I got black printing plate of Nute Gunray (not the best but took some sting from the auto) and a gold of the Fifth Brother which I sold for like $40.

3) Also, I paid for the 3rd box with Ebucks so that I basically paid $5 for it. So, in the end I did do well . . . but a 4th box seems less attractive for sure. Unless, you know . . . I have a lot of ebucks on me in January (which at this rate ain't likely, but ever since they enabled it for sellers . . . it has been plentiful when paid out).

By the way, like that Wedge auto.
Old 11-23-2017, 06:38 PM   #10
HiltonL

Quote:
I love the 2017 Masterwork, but it seems to be a little out of my price range. $180ish a box for just 20 cards...what are the sketches falling at box wise???
Sketches are being pulled at about 4/case, making them 1/2 boxes.

I understand on the price of the boxes - they're kind of a rich man's game, but if you don't want to play the lottery, buy singles - they're the cheapest ever on ebay.
I still break a case here and there, but I find myself like 50/50 buying singles because of the undeniable value proposition.
Old 11-23-2017, 06:40 PM   #11
HiltonL

Quote:

You bought high quality - those are all very nice! And getting a sketch like that from a blaster?? wow!
Old 11-23-2017, 07:05 PM   #12
pjs2000

Quote:
You bought high quality - those are all very nice! And getting a sketch like that from a blaster?? wow!
Thanks man...I'm a huge Darth Maul nut, as well as Luke Jedi/X-Wing Pilot and Boba Fett, so anytime I hit those characters it is always a good day. This beauty from 40th 9/10 completes my Darth Maul quadrilogy.

Old 11-23-2017, 08:25 PM   #13
djedi21

Which version of (black, blue, orange) of Quotes #5, "It's a trap" do you need? I have some extras for you...
djedi21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 10:46 PM   #14
Dagstaff

That Anakin pod racing sketch is killer!!! Let me know if you ever want to move it
Dagstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 08:21 AM   #15
pjs2000

Quote:
I just got in on 3 boxes of 2017 Masterwork for 160.00 each
Old 11-24-2017, 08:22 AM   #16
pjs2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagstaff View Post
That Anakin pod racing sketch is killer!!! Let me know if you ever want to move it
Not on your life...I really like it too
Old 11-24-2017, 08:26 AM   #17
gdelan1

I was at a local show last weekend and a guy had masterwork boxes for $160, I negotiated down to $150 cash. Didn't do too bad, but not great either.
gdelan1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 01:01 PM   #18
pjs2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdelan1 View Post
I was at a local show last weekend and a guy had masterwork boxes for $160, I negotiated down to $150 cash. Didn't do too bad, but not great either.
What did you end up getting???
Old 11-24-2017, 01:16 PM   #19
gdelan1

I posted the break, got two base autos, a sketch & an animation cell. Sketch was a nice pencil sketch of padme

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
gdelan1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 08:07 PM   #20
pjs2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdelan1 View Post
I posted the break, got two base autos, a sketch & an animation cell. Sketch was a nice pencil sketch of padme

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
The Padme pencil sketch is nice...same with the Ezra auto. I'd be pretty happy with a box like that.
Old 11-25-2017, 07:36 AM   #21
Raymond23

Quote:
The Padme pencil sketch is nice...same with the Ezra auto. I'd be pretty happy with a box like that.
Sorry to go off topic, but I was wondering if you were still interested in selling or trading for that Classic Sticker from 40th? Please check your private messages. Thanks!

BTW, those are some incredible sketches! Wow! Thanks for sharing!
Raymond23 is online now   Reply With Quote