Wave Wed

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

Notices

FOOTBALL Post your Football Cards Hobby Talk

Old 08-20-2018, 07:49 PM   #126
jcardstore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrg1128 View Post
When is that last time a 6th or 7th round pick was a backup in his first full year and actually has a chance to come in and make an impact? When is the last time you could buy an auto of a 6th or 7th round QB pick for $2 and turn around and sell it for $20. Don't be mad cause you missed out, it will be ok.

Broncos obviously think he's got a chance, you seem to be one of the only people who doesn't.

EDIT: And when was the last time a 6th or 7th round QB performed at the same level or better against better defenses than 1st round picks?
You guys will do anything to overinflate talent to the point that itís ridiculous.

I donít need to, want to, or have the time to flip cards so I really didnít miss out on anything. Have fun flipping
Old 08-20-2018, 09:32 PM   #127
kingsjason55

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcardstore View Post
You guys will do anything to overinflate talent to the point that itís ridiculous.

I donít need to, want to, or have the time to flip cards so I really didnít miss out on anything. Have fun flipping
Keep watching Chad will be a top QB in this league soon while people like Mahomes gets benched.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
kingsjason55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 10:25 PM   #128
Samiamryan

Quote:

Did Chad sleep with your girl or something? What's your dog in this fight?
Old 08-20-2018, 11:22 PM   #129
starfox

Quote:

But what if you end up missing out on Kelly (there's still time; you'd just have to pay a little more) and he ends up being a Pro Bowl quarterback with a couple playoff wins three years from now? Would it be no big deal? Would you stick to your guns and not care? Would you scramble for five or so of his mid - low-end cards, thus kicking out 65% - 85% more than you would today?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
starfox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 01:36 AM   #130
RandysHobby

Can’t believe what his autos are selling for. Only had two and they sold for like 10 bucks. Still have about 30 prizm/optic colored stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/157407294@N06/?
RandysHobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 05:17 AM   #131
rman112

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjason55 View Post
He will throw the ball regardless what happened on previous plays like great quarterbacks do.
Mettenberger?
rman112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 05:32 AM   #132
rman112

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeperCards View Post
So say I hit on Chad Kelly, Brandon Allen, Brissett, and Sudfeld for +$1700 and missed on Joe Callahan, Cardale Jones, Geno Smith, Bryce Petty, Joe Budden, and Abe Sapien at -$600, did I lose money because I missed on a higher # of prospects?
No offense, but the Budden an Sapien investments were losers from Day 1.
rman112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 06:48 AM   #133
jcardstore

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfox View Post
But what if you end up missing out on Kelly (there's still time; you'd just have to pay a little more) and he ends up being a Pro Bowl quarterback with a couple playoff wins three years from now? Would it be no big deal? Would you stick to your guns and not care? Would you scramble for five or so of his mid - low-end cards, thus kicking out 65% - 85% more than you would today?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I have absolutely no desire or time to ďinvestĒ in sports cards. I donít and wonít care whether he wins the Super Bowl or never plays a game. To answer your question, taking $100 and waiting a year just to get back $185 is not enticing to me considering itís much more likely that the $100 will end up $25.

Iíll take that and put it into Microsoft stock instead.

I donít care whether people make money or lose money because itís not mine. I do care when people like OP create these threads to hype up bums so they can sucker people into buying them and make themselves money
Old 08-21-2018, 10:16 AM   #134
kingsjason55

Quote:
I have absolutely no desire or time to ďinvestĒ in sports cards. I donít and wonít care whether he wins the Super Bowl or never plays a game. To answer your question, taking $100 and waiting a year just to get back $185 is not enticing to me considering itís much more likely that the $100 will end up $25.

Iíll take that and put it into Microsoft stock instead.

I donít care whether people make money or lose money because itís not mine. I do care when people like OP create these threads to hype up bums so they can sucker people into buying them and make themselves money
Congrats if you bought Microsoft at 87 a year ago and now at 107 vs a card at 100 and now 185 you lost. Both have fees to sell. Either one can go up and down so don't pretend Microsoft is sure bet. I day trade and if you said I play options and ETFs then different but higher risk.

Old 08-21-2018, 10:41 AM   #135
twisty571

Quote:
I have absolutely no desire or time to “invest” in sports cards. I don’t and won’t care whether he wins the Super Bowl or never plays a game. To answer your question, taking $100 and waiting a year just to get back $185 is not enticing to me considering it’s much more likely that the $100 will end up $25.

I’ll take that and put it into Microsoft stock instead.

I don’t care whether people make money or lose money because it’s not mine. I do care when people like OP create these threads to hype up bums so they can sucker people into buying them and make themselves money
Ok is this your 1st trip over here to the FB boards? Especially at the beginning of the year with all the hot new QB's? Or when one starts to play well during the season? I do not know kingjason55 but he has been talking about Chad Kelly since he got on these boards, I remember from when we were in a friendly discussion before but I don't think he's selling Kelly's. I think he is buying? I agree most lose more money on cards than they make. But I am speaking of actual collector's. Flippers may make money. Prospecting in basketball or baseball are no different. In Football it's a lot quicker to find out if it was a good investment or not is the difference I guess. If the hobby isn't built around prospecting then you tell me why all these QB's who really haven't done anything sell for a lot more than veteran's rookie cards of players in the record books or HOF or on their way to having a solid career? I think people paying in the $1000 range for a QB RC before year 3-4 is nuts myself but it happens all the time!
Old 08-21-2018, 10:49 AM   #136
kingsjason55

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisty571 View Post
Ok is this your 1st trip over here to the FB boards? Especially at the beginning of the year with all the hot new QB's? Or when one starts to play well during the season? I do not know kingjason55 but he has been talking about Chad Kelly since he got on these boards, I remember from when we were in a friendly discussion before but I don't think he's selling Kelly's. I think he is buying? I agree most lose more money on cards than they make. But I am speaking of actual collector's. Flippers may make money. Prospecting in basketball or baseball are no different. In Football it's a lot quicker to find out if it was a good investment or not is the difference I guess. If the hobby isn't built around prospecting then you tell me why all these QB's who really haven't done anything sell for a lot more than veteran's rookie cards of players in the record books or HOF or on their way to having a solid career? I think people paying in the $1000 range for a QB RC before year 3-4 is nuts myself but it happens all the time!
Thanks yep still buying. I bought one last week haven't sold one because I know what he is capable of.

Old 08-21-2018, 12:58 PM   #137
TheFrenzy

Chad Kelly's Career Arc:

From Mr. Irreverent...

...to Mr. Irrelevant...

...to Mr. Irresistible...

...to finally Mr. Irreplaceable and a HOF career.

It's so exciting to be able to get in on the ground floor of the next great sports story.
Old 08-21-2018, 01:36 PM   #138
TheFrenzy

I just picked up a few more $2 Prizm cards.

I'm such a big balla supa playa.
Old 08-21-2018, 01:52 PM   #139
SleeperCards

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrenzy View Post
I just picked up a few more $2 Prizm cards.

I'm such a big balla supa playa.
I picked up his Prizm Red and FOTL Bronze in June, wish I would have just gone after the rainbow.
SleeperCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 02:37 PM   #140
sigmachi

Wow so I go a week or so without reading this gem of a thread and now Mahomes is getting benched while Kelly is going to pro bowl with multiple playoff wins in 3 years? Does that about sum it up? Does reading that statement when somebody else writes it not make you realize how asinine it sounds?
Old 08-21-2018, 02:43 PM   #141
Siberian13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmachi View Post
Wow so I go a week or so without reading this gem of a thread and now Mahomes is getting benched while Kelly is going to pro bowl with multiple playoff wins in 3 years? Does that about sum it up? Does reading that statement when somebody else writes it not make you realize how asinine it sounds?
Welcome back buddy! A lot has changed since you were away
Siberian13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 02:59 PM   #142
ILOVEBEER

Quote:
You forgot about Kelly's Super Bowl win.
Old 08-22-2018, 11:05 AM   #143
kingsjason55

Quote:
Nope because Mahomes is horrible and will faulter this year. Kelly just took 1st team rep practice yesterday so clearly unless you're blind realize this kid is going somewhere. Denver has a good defense and receiver core. Its very possible Chad leads Broncos to playoffs this year.

Old 08-22-2018, 12:51 PM   #144
IowaCubs1

Quote:
Nope because Mahomes is horrible and will faulter this year. Kelly just took 1st team rep practice yesterday so clearly unless you're blind realize this kid is going somewhere. Denver has a good defense and receiver core. Its very possible Chad leads Broncos to playoffs this year.

Clearly YOU'RE blind if you think Mahomes is "Horrible". Give me a break. I get that you like Kelly but get off the damn Kool-Aid.
IowaCubs1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 01:32 PM   #145
kingsjason55

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaCubs1 View Post
Clearly YOU'RE blind if you think Mahomes is "Horrible". Give me a break. I get that you like Kelly but get off the damn Kool-Aid.
Have you missed Mahomes in preseason like he has to his 10 yards out wide open receivers?

Old 08-22-2018, 01:56 PM   #146
CC71

Quote:
Have you missed Mahomes in preseason like he has to his 10 yards out wide open receivers?

that's why it's called pre season. there's time to fix that
Old 08-22-2018, 02:00 PM   #147
TheFrenzy

Future NFL historians will divide the league's history at 2018 with all seasons prior receiving the designation "B.$." (Before $wag) and all future seasons receiving the designation "Y.O.O.$." (Year of Our $wag).

The thing about history is that it's so hard to recognize it for what it is while you're living through it.
Old 08-22-2018, 02:03 PM   #148
fungi2510

Quote:

Ya minus the 67 yard bomb that was right on the money huh?

Check me out on Sport Lots.
http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=dmkeil02
fungi2510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 02:04 PM   #149
FBallHobbies

Quote:
Originally Posted by fungi2510 View Post
Ya minus the 67 yard bomb that was right on the money huh?
in triple coverage
Old 08-22-2018, 02:34 PM   #150
kingsjason55

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBallHobbies View Post
in triple coverage
So he can win off one throw a game? Defenses will force him to make the quick accurate short passes which he struggles at.