Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 09-29-2010, 01:29 AM   #151
jtmakkicx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
When did it ever?
This thread did have a purpose at some point...

We can all agree that he handled ebay/paypal very poorly. And there's no doubt that the OP lied to us about the card and it's value... but whether he just wanted a more serious response, wanted attention, or was embarrassed about buying junk (everyone was ragging on him pretty hard about buying the brooks card)... he did post on here looking for advice.

The fact of the matter is that the OP did get scammed- he got sent junk cards after he won an auction for a card with a fake patch. I'm fairly certain because I know the seller apinkpinkgirl28 (who also has a bunch of other accounts) is a scammer. I'd been following several of his/her auctions and got shilled when I bidded, noticed deceptive descriptions, and received strange responses when I sent questions... so I decided to stay far far away, even though they had several cards that I really really wanted for my PC

Yes, he's only dug himself deeper in trying to coverup the original lie and responding with hostility, but that still doesn't justify the flaming/public shaming going on here. Like some other members who I've seen come in his defense, I think the responses have really gotten out of hand... especially considering that the OP was the one who got ripped off.

I agree that this thread should probably be locked.
jtmakkicx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:49 AM   #152
UltimateDeron

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtmakkicx View Post
This thread did have a purpose at some point...

We can all agree that he handled ebay/paypal very poorly. And there's no doubt that the OP lied to us about the card and it's value... but whether he just wanted a more serious response, wanted attention, or was embarrassed about buying junk (everyone was ragging on him pretty hard about buying the brooks card)... he did post on here looking for advice.

The fact of the matter is that the OP did get scammed- he got sent junk cards after he won an auction for a card with a fake patch. I'm fairly certain because I know the seller apinkpinkgirl28 (who also has a bunch of other accounts) is a scammer. I'd been following several of his/her auctions and got shilled when I bidded, noticed deceptive descriptions, and received strange responses when I sent questions... so I decided to stay far far away, even though they had several cards that I really really wanted for my PC

Yes, he's only dug himself deeper in trying to coverup the original lie and responding with hostility, but that still doesn't justify the flaming/public shaming going on here. Like some other members who I've seen come in his defense, I think the responses have really gotten out of hand... especially considering that the OP was the one who got ripped off.

I agree that this thread should probably be locked.
Agreed with everything. Good post.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:19 AM   #153
lemur01

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissandriver77 View Post
That's inbred meat right?

By your comments mate you are part and parcel the reason for flame wars on threads i think you need a vacation to think about how you deal with kids and how not to bait and flame a situation.
( since you have one i would not want to think with your mentality what you child's morals would be when it grew up )

A lot for you to learn grasshopper
Please teach me. Teach me how to stick up for a scammer and a liar, and
then call the honest members here girls.

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
lemur01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 04:25 PM   #154
bballcardheaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemur01 View Post
Please teach me. Teach me how to stick up for a scammer and a liar, and
then call the honest members here girls.
Again, you don't
have to keep
pressing enter
bballcardheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:27 AM   #155
ManInTheMirror
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballcardheaven View Post
Again, you don't
have to keep
pressing enter
While true, you don't have to keep commenting about it.
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:55 AM   #156
wegoingsizzler

If you lied and acted the way the OP acted, why shouldn't he be flamed... I understand he got scammed, and yes I feel sorry for him... and other members on the boards were sympathetic by posting responses to help him...

the flaming only started when board members realized what was going on, and he did not own up to it, and then cuss everyone out when he was called out...

If the board just started flaming him from the start then I said we all need to think about how we acted...but we didn't!!

He is 17 (I can't tell, that could be a lie too)... so he has much much to learn... and I hope he learned...
wegoingsizzler is offline   Reply With Quote