2018 football

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > COINS & CURRENCY

Notices

COINS & CURRENCY Post your Coins, Currency, & Precious Metals Hobby Talk

Old 06-15-2018, 10:56 PM   #226
persona

Quote:
Originally Posted by persona View Post
I think I brought up investing in BTC in the stock thread when it was less than $1k per bit.
I recently unloaded few coins to redo our kitchen and I plan to hold on to the rest to see where it leads.
I think it had potential to break $10k+
Fun times going back on this thread and reading some replies.
I didnít sell at its peak but I unloaded a good amount around $15k range and foolishly? I still have a decent amount of crypto I donít plan to sell anytime soon.
Old 06-29-2018, 10:29 AM   #227
mnvikingstwins

So is bitcoin dead or going to recover?
Old 06-29-2018, 02:07 PM   #228
ninjacookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
So is bitcoin dead or going to recover?
Just my personal opinion, but think Silver in 2011 and beyond.

Getting all the same vibes and patterns, imo. 'Financial freedom! Best store of value! Gubment can't take muh coinz!'

Blockchain is here to stay, but crytpo as a whole I don't ever see recovering substantially. Most are simply unfinished/ongoing projects with no real world case use and the swamp is slowly getting drained from all the monopoly money going into these crapcoins. Unfortunately with Bitcoin it's a trickle down effect, as the market needs more and more continuous money trading into all these crap coins to create a large cap and liquidity.

Daytraders will continue making money, but other than that, I'd be very surprised to see this going anywhere anytime soon. I know I've changed my tone, but I also have to weigh out the environment and be a realist.

I really do hope it recovers and some mystical bull run appears, but that would be extremely tough. You have to think about what would make it appealing for a common individual to enter now considering government regulation, rampant hacks, and a price bubble slope that hasn't been seen in quite some time.

Plus the higher a market goes up and subsequently crashes, the more new price resistance points are created on the way down...
ninjacookies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 04:23 PM   #229
jcardstore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
Just my personal opinion, but think Silver in 2011 and beyond.

Getting all the same vibes and patterns, imo. 'Financial freedom! Best store of value! Gubment can't take muh coinz!'

Blockchain is here to stay, but crytpo as a whole I don't ever see recovering substantially. Most are simply unfinished/ongoing projects with no real world case use and the swamp is slowly getting drained from all the monopoly money going into these crapcoins. Unfortunately with Bitcoin it's a trickle down effect, as the market needs more and more continuous money trading into all these crap coins to create a large cap and liquidity.

Daytraders will continue making money, but other than that, I'd be very surprised to see this going anywhere anytime soon. I know I've changed my tone, but I also have to weigh out the environment and be a realist.

I really do hope it recovers and some mystical bull run appears, but that would be extremely tough. You have to think about what would make it appealing for a common individual to enter now considering government regulation, rampant hacks, and a price bubble slope that hasn't been seen in quite some time.

Plus the higher a market goes up and subsequently crashes, the more new price resistance points are created on the way down...
Iím glad to see that youíve come around. Day trading is totally doable if youíve got a really high risk tolerance but at this point investing in any crypto is nothing more than a fools bet.
jcardstore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 06:13 PM   #230
ninjacookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcardstore View Post
I’m glad to see that you’ve come around. Day trading is totally doable if you’ve got a really high risk tolerance but at this point investing in any crypto is nothing more than a fools bet.
I was always more of a daytrader than a HODLer. But my mindset has indeed shifted on the longterm price prospects.

In my mind bitcoin's biggest pitfall is what also made it so alluring: it's open-source and not proprietary. It's the most archaic tech out of all the current coins, yet it's the most widely accepted and used because....it's bitcoin. Yet basically nobody that trades or hodls any of these coins have a real world case use for them, or using them in their daily lives. Value is all derived off scarcity and what people are willing to pay at a given moment.

Ironically same thing that can be said about sportscards. Though this is much more similar to the junkwax era. A market comprised of overproduced garbage.
Old 07-08-2018, 11:57 PM   #231
hawkeyecards

You really think crypto capped out at $800 Billion dollar market cap?

Just the beginning man.
hawkeyecards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 03:41 PM   #232
istheskyblew

happy to report that I have successfully completed my first sale on this forum where BTC was used for payment. hope it wasn't the last!

also...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyecards View Post

Just the beginning man.
Old 07-30-2018, 08:30 PM   #233
ninjacookies

Quote:
You really think crypto capped out at $800 Billion dollar market cap?

Just the beginning man.
Just my personal opinion dude.

And far from saying there isn't still money to be made. There's tons.

I just don't believe in this euphoric straight moonshot ride back up like the youtubers want to sell the masses. There are far more factors at play than ever before. Profit taking / exhausted traders / government pressure, etc.
Old 08-02-2018, 09:58 PM   #234
ninjacookies

https://www.tradingview.com/x/HbEenATS/

Profit taking, bulltrap breakouts, low volume....yay!
Old 08-02-2018, 11:14 PM   #235
mnvikingstwins

Quote:
https://www.tradingview.com/x/HbEenATS/

Profit taking, bulltrap breakouts, low volume....yay!
Yeah I've got no idea what's going on on that chart but it looks cool
Old 08-02-2018, 11:48 PM   #236
ninjacookies

Quote:
Support/resistance lines and patterns to help predict future price movements. But, being as wildly controlled/manipulated as crypto is...not exactly that reliable.
Old 08-03-2018, 08:00 AM   #237
jcardstore

Quote:
It's going to test the 6k support level soon. Crypto as a whole is just on a downward trend. The only way to make money in this space is to trade it. Holding is a slow burn
Old 08-03-2018, 08:59 AM   #238
mnvikingstwins

Ven's price relative to eth went from .0035 to .0055 and now back towards .0035 so that's great since that's 65% of my holdings
Old 08-03-2018, 07:52 PM   #239
ninjacookies

7500 support breached.

Retest of 6800 (I expect some kind of bounce).

If 6800 breaks, then 5500. If 5500 doesn't hold....all bets are off....God Bless.
Old 08-03-2018, 11:17 PM   #240
hawkeyecards

Quote:
Just my personal opinion dude.

And far from saying there isn't still money to be made. There's tons.

I just don't believe in this euphoric straight moonshot ride back up like the youtubers want to sell the masses. There are far more factors at play than ever before. Profit taking / exhausted traders / government pressure, etc.
No idea where it's going, I just truly believe long term it's going through the roof. Most will fail but I think that a lot will retain it's value. It is such a small glimpse in time, I've seen the comparisons to the gold price and when the futures were started, it plummeted then rose. I really don't think all these people are selling for such a huge loss. These are super long term investments for me, thinking of when we have children and (if/when) they go to college, won't be paying for it with cash or check.
I read something the other day along the lines of the lighter fluid ignition may have ran out but the coals are burning hotter than ever.

If anyone here travels abroad, which I'd bet that not a lot of people do often, but when I travel, I'm always worried about getting ripped off with exchange rates (from the government and vendors), how awesome would smart contracts be if they're accepting NANO and I just pay them straight up, or they're accepting 1 ERC20 token and with an automatic swap I can pay with ETH and it automatically converts. I'd be buying a lot more things if I knew my money and transactions were safe.

Same thing with cryptos like VET/VTHO, able to track products to see freshness, the list goes on.

Super excited for it all, not one crypto will rule in my opinion. I saw Andreas Antenopolous talk a few months back and made sense when he explained that they're similar to crops, can't have all corn (BTC) or wheat (ETH), need to spread them out, rough comparison but you get the point.

So excited for the future, wish people here would accept crypto but obviously no buyer/seller protections yet, but doesn't mean there won't be wallets/programs based on that in the future. Absurd it takes 3 days to send money from one bank account to another. Not anymore!
hawkeyecards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 03:50 PM   #241
ninjacookies

Quote:
No idea where it's going, I just truly believe long term it's going through the roof. Most will fail but I think that a lot will retain it's value. It is such a small glimpse in time, I've seen the comparisons to the gold price and when the futures were started, it plummeted then rose. I really don't think all these people are selling for such a huge loss. These are super long term investments for me, thinking of when we have children and (if/when) they go to college, won't be paying for it with cash or check.
I read something the other day along the lines of the lighter fluid ignition may have ran out but the coals are burning hotter than ever.

If anyone here travels abroad, which I'd bet that not a lot of people do often, but when I travel, I'm always worried about getting ripped off with exchange rates (from the government and vendors), how awesome would smart contracts be if they're accepting NANO and I just pay them straight up, or they're accepting 1 ERC20 token and with an automatic swap I can pay with ETH and it automatically converts. I'd be buying a lot more things if I knew my money and transactions were safe.

Same thing with cryptos like VET/VTHO, able to track products to see freshness, the list goes on.

Super excited for it all, not one crypto will rule in my opinion. I saw Andreas Antenopolous talk a few months back and made sense when he explained that they're similar to crops, can't have all corn (BTC) or wheat (ETH), need to spread them out, rough comparison but you get the point.

So excited for the future, wish people here would accept crypto but obviously no buyer/seller protections yet, but doesn't mean there won't be wallets/programs based on that in the future. Absurd it takes 3 days to send money from one bank account to another. Not anymore!
I'm a daytrader, so I'm primarily just looking for market sentiment at any given time of the day.

You could very well be correct...nobody knows. I absolutely believe the underlying blockchain technology is here to stay. My only big concern as for the longterm suppression of prices, is that we have absolutely no way of knowing if the government themselves or other big mainstream corporations won't develop their own crypto which could lessen the demand for the current coins on the market. We know the boys in office don't like seeing big money made without having a piece of the pie.

I love the landscape regardless, as it allows me to make a nice side income. If it does prove me wrong and go on some insane bullrun, then I'm all for it. I personally don't see that happening. At least not in any small foreseeable timeframe. Which is fine because that's what healthy markets do.
Old 08-05-2018, 07:52 PM   #242
ninjacookies

ETC and BNB....lovely.

And plenty more money to be had in both.
Old 08-07-2018, 09:07 PM   #243
ninjacookies

ETF decision postponed another 2 months.

Get ready for more brutal action boyos.
Old 08-11-2018, 05:18 PM   #244
persona

Overstock seems to be going all in on crypto.
Their crypto subsidiary is worth more than the entire company.
Curious to see if other companies follow this trend or if overstock will eventually go bankrupt from this.
I’m still a buyer at current prices.
Old 08-11-2018, 06:27 PM   #245
ninjacookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by persona View Post
Overstock seems to be going all in on crypto.
Their crypto subsidiary is worth more than the entire company.
Curious to see if other companies follow this trend or if overstock will eventually go bankrupt from this.
I’m still a buyer at current prices.
Overstock deals in arbitrage and also started accepting BTC when it was around 300 dollars, so I'd think they have a lot more profit reserves and room for leeway than a company deciding to get into the game now.

I'm still shorting the heck out of the market, and the gains are quite handsome. Wouldn't really touch prices now as a HODLer, as there's really nothing that will fundamentally change the market space until the SEC decision next month. So I fully expect more money draining from all alts.

(LTC was what...75 bucks 2 weeks ago and heading to 48 soon). ETH most likely headed towards the mid 15x range.
Old 08-13-2018, 02:16 PM   #246
mnvikingstwins

How soon is eth a good buy for when it'll rebound?
Old 08-13-2018, 06:03 PM   #247
ninjacookies

Ironically my biggest money maker last night. That rising wedge drop was tremendous.

I'll try and keep this as concise as possible.

https://www.tradingview.com/x/GNYzTjSp/

That's basically a pricing chart that extends back to March last year (before ETH started it's meteoric rise)

That top red line indicates the strongest support line during this 1 and a half year period . That support line was breached a little over a day ago.

The next major support line is .028 btc, basically nearly half the value of where it's at now. There is very little propping it up between here and then. Same exact thing happened with LTC several weeks ago, which accelerated the price drop like a cannon.

That is not saying there won't or can't be mini pumps along the way. Nothing is ever a straight line down. But classical charting says this is going down to mid to 180 dollar range, and may not stop there.

I would not touch ETH with a 10 foot pole. There are big concerns regarding the dev, app developers are dumping, and the once cutting edge tech is becoming dated and challenged by other up and comers.

About the only top 10 coin right now that has an even remotely decent chart is stellar. And even then, you're going to keep losing USD if BTC keeps dropping because the 2 are tied strongly together.

The swamp is draining and people are dumping hoards of coins right now. Volume and market cap are bleeding profusely.

Again, I don't have a crystal ball and nobody else does, but I'd much rather base my decisions on probability than emotions.

And I see absolutely no reason for BTC and the rest of the market to start pumping anytime soon until the ETF decision next month. And if that gets postponed again or gets rejected...then God Bless.

BTC has to eclipse $6800 to have any tiny microscopic chance of showing anything of note to the upside.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:13 PM   #248
ninjacookies

Anyone want to contend my projection?
Old 08-14-2018, 07:43 AM   #249
jcardstore

Quote:
Ironically my biggest money maker last night. That rising wedge drop was tremendous.

I'll try and keep this as concise as possible.

https://www.tradingview.com/x/GNYzTjSp/

That's basically a pricing chart that extends back to March last year (before ETH started it's meteoric rise)

That top red line indicates the strongest support line during this 1 and a half year period . That support line was breached a little over a day ago.

The next major support line is .028 btc, basically nearly half the value of where it's at now. There is very little propping it up between here and then. Same exact thing happened with LTC several weeks ago, which accelerated the price drop like a cannon.

That is not saying there won't or can't be mini pumps along the way. Nothing is ever a straight line down. But classical charting says this is going down to mid to 180 dollar range, and may not stop there.

I would not touch ETH with a 10 foot pole. There are big concerns regarding the dev, app developers are dumping, and the once cutting edge tech is becoming dated and challenged by other up and comers.

About the only top 10 coin right now that has an even remotely decent chart is stellar. And even then, you're going to keep losing USD if BTC keeps dropping because the 2 are tied strongly together.

The swamp is draining and people are dumping hoards of coins right now. Volume and market cap are bleeding profusely.

Again, I don't have a crystal ball and nobody else does, but I'd much rather base my decisions on probability than emotions.

And I see absolutely no reason for BTC and the rest of the market to start pumping anytime soon until the ETF decision next month. And if that gets postponed again or gets rejected...then God Bless.

BTC has to eclipse $6800 to have any tiny microscopic chance of showing anything of note to the upside.
This isn't what people want to hear but it's 100% correct.

There is absolutely NO reason to do anything but trade crypto right now. Most people just buy on emotion rather than logic anyways so I'm sure nobody will listen to you but this is spot on advice.

I wish I could trade it but I just don't have the time during the day. Your charting is great btw
Old 08-14-2018, 01:45 PM   #250
Scottish Punk

This whole thread is an interesting read. You could feel the excitement and disappointment in some of the posts. I have sat on the sidelines for the whole cryptocurrency phenomenon. I felt it was a scam bank then, and it still feels that way. I will admit , it has lasted a lot longer than I would have expected. Bitcoin could break the 6000 market very soon. I have read that 5000 is when it isn't worth the energy cost to mine anymore.
I agree with ninjacookies, the last hope for a big rebound is the SEC decision. If it gets voted down (and I think it will) than the bitcoin fad will just fade away. I do think the days of a big payday are gone either way. The big dogs already pumped and dumped and got their money.
Scottish Punk is online now   Reply With Quote