Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Mad

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

Notices

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2018, 10:15 PM   #226
jdhaugh11
Member
 
jdhaugh11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 6,116
Default

I really like the look of the silk movie poster cards. The backs are nothing special, but that is fine.
I do like it that you can decided to just make a 9 card set for each movie or be more ambitious and go for the entire set.
jdhaugh11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 10:16 PM   #227
Vargaman
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 4,941
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhaugh11 View Post
I really like the look of the silk movie poster cards. The backs are nothing special, but that is fine.
I do like it that you can decided to just make a 9 card set for each movie or be more ambitious and go for the entire set.
It's definitely nice to not lose real estate on the patch by having a character.

I'll pick up one of each probably.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

star wars hit tracker spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk
__________________
Topps STAR WARS: Mikeinator1st ; BUNT & HUDDLE: Mikeinator ; KICK: Mikeinator360

My FS/FT thread https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1112127
Vargaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 11:52 PM   #228
aggie4ever
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 4,948
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignman40 View Post
How much were the bo cases? Looks like bo fully sold out for now.
I'm sure it will be restocked tomorrow morning once BO opens. As has been stated in the past, BO typically only stocks a handful of cases at a time, for non-sports usually like 5 cases. So overnight it can look "sold out". But I'm sure they have plenty of cases still available. I will assume the price will be higher tomorrow than it was today though.
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 03:08 AM   #229
Reignman40
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 457
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie4ever View Post
I'm sure it will be restocked tomorrow morning once BO opens. As has been stated in the past, BO typically only stocks a handful of cases at a time, for non-sports usually like 5 cases. So overnight it can look "sold out". But I'm sure they have plenty of cases still available. I will assume the price will be higher tomorrow than it was today though.
Hmmmm

Last edited by Reignman40; 08-10-2018 at 04:19 AM.
Reignman40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:32 AM   #230
slidethefive
Member
 
slidethefive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie4ever View Post
I'm sure it will be restocked tomorrow morning once BO opens. As has been stated in the past, BO typically only stocks a handful of cases at a time, for non-sports usually like 5 cases. So overnight it can look "sold out". But I'm sure they have plenty of cases still available. I will assume the price will be higher tomorrow than it was today though.
I've seen that in the past as well. However, they had been sold out all day Wednesday, got a couple in yesterday and have been sold out since. We'll see......
slidethefive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:44 AM   #231
PoPCulture
Member
 
PoPCulture's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Keystone heights, FL
Posts: 3,734
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie4ever View Post
I'm sure it will be restocked tomorrow morning once BO opens. As has been stated in the past, BO typically only stocks a handful of cases at a time, for non-sports usually like 5 cases. So overnight it can look "sold out". But I'm sure they have plenty of cases still available. I will assume the price will be higher tomorrow than it was today though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slidethefive View Post
I've seen that in the past as well. However, they had been sold out all day Wednesday, got a couple in yesterday and have been sold out since. We'll see......
Ian said in his GB thread that he has to put his break on hold while BO restocks. Sounds like they really may be sold out for a few days.
PoPCulture is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:08 AM   #232
Carrbeaz
Member
 
Carrbeaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 8,225
Default

First few sellers of the Fabric cards really gave them away. They all insta sold. Does nobody start high anymore?
__________________
If you ask me what is the least I will take, then I am going to respond with, "What is the most you are willing to pay?"
Carrbeaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:13 AM   #233
Vargaman
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 4,941
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrbeaz View Post
First few sellers of the Fabric cards really gave them away. They all insta sold. Does nobody start high anymore?
edit: I see you meant fabric relics, not posters.

I like the design of these https://www.ebay.com/itm/Topps-Star-...itleDesc=0%7C0
__________________
Topps STAR WARS: Mikeinator1st ; BUNT & HUDDLE: Mikeinator ; KICK: Mikeinator360

My FS/FT thread https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1112127

Last edited by Vargaman; 08-10-2018 at 10:15 AM.
Vargaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:21 AM   #234
Vargaman
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 4,941
Default

Dang, I like the look of the new Tivic auto, but prefer I have his auto on card from Tek 3. Not sure why they used a headshot only for him then and now full body...
__________________
Topps STAR WARS: Mikeinator1st ; BUNT & HUDDLE: Mikeinator ; KICK: Mikeinator360

My FS/FT thread https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1112127
Vargaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:25 AM   #235
dd316
Member
 
dd316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,465
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrbeaz View Post
First few sellers of the Fabric cards really gave them away. They all insta sold. Does nobody start high anymore?
I see somebody got $35 for some of the new signers. Well done, since they'll be $5-$10 before you know it.
__________________
MY ARTWORK - tdastick.deviantart.com
dd316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:32 AM   #236
Vargaman
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 4,941
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
I see somebody got $35 for some of the new signers. Well done, since they'll be $5-$10 before you know it.
Yeah the first one or two sold must be people who dont care about pricing.

Besides Tennant, everyone else has over 356 base auto cards. If you add the other parallels and plates (95 cards) that's a minimum of 451 each!

I wont get Peteen since I dont collect many animated signers. But want the other 3.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

star wars hit tracker spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk
__________________
Topps STAR WARS: Mikeinator1st ; BUNT & HUDDLE: Mikeinator ; KICK: Mikeinator360

My FS/FT thread https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1112127
Vargaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 11:40 AM   #237
slidethefive
Member
 
slidethefive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 513
Default

An updated checklist has been added to CC but I don't see anything different. Still 100 base cards. No additional numbering info on duals, triples, and six person.
slidethefive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 12:22 PM   #238
Vargaman
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 4,941
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidethefive View Post
An updated checklist has been added to CC but I don't see anything different. Still 100 base cards. No additional numbering info on duals, triples, and six person.
They added the base variants (at least known ones so far), but that's it.

We know the colors for the duals and triples form the wrapper odds and I assume they kept the white /5 and such, however not all duals and triples will have all versions (i.e. Ford and Fisher likely won't be higher than /5 and /1 only).

Only thing we need is the 6-way, but based on the odds it has to be 1/1.


Base Variations Set Checklist
Work in progress. Let us know if you spot any others. New images for 2017 Galactic Files Reborn base cards.
ACW-6 Asajj Ventress
ANH-3 Imperial Stromtrooper
ANH-10 Luke Skywalker
ANH-14 Grand Moff Tarkin
AOTC-2 Mace Windu
ESB-1 Boba Fett
REB-1 Kanan Jarrus
REB-6 Ezra Bridger
ROTJ-3 Wicket W. Warrick
TFA-1 Rey
TFA-2 Finn
TFA-7 Poe Dameron
TPM-2 Obi-Wan Kenobi
__________________
Topps STAR WARS: Mikeinator1st ; BUNT & HUDDLE: Mikeinator ; KICK: Mikeinator360

My FS/FT thread https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1112127
Vargaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 12:52 PM   #239
slidethefive
Member
 
slidethefive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaman View Post
They added the base variants (at least known ones so far), but that's it.

We know the colors for the duals and triples form the wrapper odds and I assume they kept the white /5 and such, however not all duals and triples will have all versions (i.e. Ford and Fisher likely won't be higher than /5 and /1 only).

Only thing we need is the 6-way, but based on the odds it has to be 1/1.


Base Variations Set Checklist
Work in progress. Let us know if you spot any others. New images for 2017 Galactic Files Reborn base cards.
ACW-6 Asajj Ventress
ANH-3 Imperial Stromtrooper
ANH-10 Luke Skywalker
ANH-14 Grand Moff Tarkin
AOTC-2 Mace Windu
ESB-1 Boba Fett
REB-1 Kanan Jarrus
REB-6 Ezra Bridger
ROTJ-3 Wicket W. Warrick
TFA-1 Rey
TFA-2 Finn
TFA-7 Poe Dameron
TPM-2 Obi-Wan Kenobi

Thanks for the info.

Are these cards easy to spot? For example, are they grouped together with the other base cards in a pack, or is it separated out?
slidethefive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 12:58 PM   #240
Vargaman
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 4,941
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidethefive View Post
Thanks for the info.

Are these cards easy to spot? For example, are they grouped together with the other base cards in a pack, or is it separated out?
No clue. Hopefully someone here can answer. Otherwsie it's just checking the serial number/code at the bottom
__________________
Topps STAR WARS: Mikeinator1st ; BUNT & HUDDLE: Mikeinator ; KICK: Mikeinator360

My FS/FT thread https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1112127
Vargaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 01:28 PM   #241
Tim
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidethefive View Post
Thanks for the info.

Are these cards easy to spot? For example, are they grouped together with the other base cards in a pack, or is it separated out?
I asked that yesterday and no one responded.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 01:56 PM   #242
Carrbeaz
Member
 
Carrbeaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 8,225
Default

Just to add, the sketches for this product have been far better than previous star wars releases. We are opening a 3rd case now and just hit an amazing Yoda sketch, will post in a moment.
__________________
If you ask me what is the least I will take, then I am going to respond with, "What is the most you are willing to pay?"
Carrbeaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 02:03 PM   #243
MarciaDye
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 217
Default

Just an update, all of my Galactic Files APs have sold

MarciaDye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 02:11 PM   #244
HiltonL
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Sammamish, WA
Posts: 1,323
Default

Since BO is sold out, I don't feel bad about saying that I went to the other guys and bought a case.

My wallet is hating that Topps is getting its SW act together and Rittenhouse has a couple of decent releases that I've bought.
HiltonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 02:18 PM   #245
Carrbeaz
Member
 
Carrbeaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 8,225
Default

This is the sketch we just pulled.

__________________
If you ask me what is the least I will take, then I am going to respond with, "What is the most you are willing to pay?"
Carrbeaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 02:20 PM   #246
Vargaman
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 4,941
Default

0.99 auctions have started!

Also the 1/1 Rey headwrap relic was pulled
__________________
Topps STAR WARS: Mikeinator1st ; BUNT & HUDDLE: Mikeinator ; KICK: Mikeinator360

My FS/FT thread https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1112127
Vargaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 02:24 PM   #247
hobbystuff
Member
 
hobbystuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 671
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaman View Post
0.99 auctions have started!

Also the 1/1 Rey headwrap relic was pulled
That Rey is mine. I might have listed it too high but need to recup the Solo disaster lol
hobbystuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 02:27 PM   #248
slidethefive
Member
 
slidethefive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrbeaz View Post
This is the sketch we just pulled.

Awesome sketch!! Great pull.
slidethefive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 02:37 PM   #249
Carrbeaz
Member
 
Carrbeaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 8,225
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbystuff View Post
That Rey is mine. I might have listed it too high but need to recup the Solo disaster lol
It's always good to start high, can always go lower in a negotiation.

Also we just had a nice chunk of SPs sell much higher than others listed so people are paying well for them.
__________________
If you ask me what is the least I will take, then I am going to respond with, "What is the most you are willing to pay?"
Carrbeaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 02:42 PM   #250
DarthRogahn
Member
 
DarthRogahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Minneapolis MN
Posts: 2,288
Default

Looks like a fun set
Hopefully Topps can keep the good times rolling with the next 1977 releases come out in Fall / Winter. Some nice stuff coming out
DarthRogahn is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.