Holiday Mad

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

Notices

FOOTBALL Post your Football Cards Hobby Talk

Old 11-25-2018, 06:45 PM   #451
pgisback

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopherfan View Post
LSU could have 4 losses right now and they would be ranked ahead of UCF and OSU. The SEC bias is ridiculous.
They have 3 losses and UCF and OSU are bother ranked ahead of them. Even though they'd be undefeated with UCF and OSU's schedules.
Nikita Kucherov RCs/On Card Autos
pgisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 06:48 PM   #452
pgisback

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfw13 View Post
The question is how much of this is based on "reputation", as opposed to reality. Perfect example was how a 2-loss LSU team was ranked ahead of an undefeated UCF team and a 1-loss Ohio St. team.
The FPI is a calculation, not based on subjective opinions. Although the calculation is not perfect, it is the closest thing to matching reality with the game. Strips out the crazy infatuation with win loss records and focuses on actual performance. There is no doubt the SEC has 8-9 teams that would be a 0 to 3 loss team in any other conference this year.
Old 11-25-2018, 06:55 PM   #453
gopherfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgisback View Post
The FPI is a calculation, not based on subjective opinions. Although the calculation is not perfect, it is the closest thing to matching reality with the game. Strips out the crazy infatuation with win loss records and focuses on actual performance. There is no doubt the SEC has 8-9 teams that would be a 0 to 3 loss team in any other conference this year.
Yawn. Your SEC nutswinging is tiring.
gopherfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 06:57 PM   #454
Siberian13

Quote:
The question is how much of this is based on "reputation", as opposed to reality. Perfect example was how a 2-loss LSU team was ranked ahead of an undefeated UCF team and a 1-loss Ohio St. team.
The fact LSU was ahead of UCF just shows you they donít have much of a chance to make it. Memphis May take care of them anyways.
Siberian13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 10:17 PM   #455
Big35Hurt

Quote:
LSU could have 4 losses right now and they would be ranked ahead of UCF and OSU. The SEC bias is ridiculous.
Yeah you mean like Michigan getting blasted and only dropping 4 spots in the polls, while LSU loses by 2 in seven OT's and drops 6 spots? Good call.
Please don't message me offering to buy something I posted in a pickup thread - I will post it in the buy/sell section if I am looking to move it. And unsolicited messages offering to sell something will be deleted.
Big35Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 10:29 PM   #456
pgisback

ACC really looked good against the SEC Saturday. Aside from Clemson, outscored a whopping 142-45. But yea, the ACC can beat anyone but Bama, lol.
Old 11-25-2018, 10:53 PM   #457
Big35Hurt

Quote:
ACC really looked good against the SEC Saturday. Aside from Clemson, outscored a whopping 142-45. But yea, the ACC can beat anyone but Bama, lol.
Did he ever explain why Syracuse (one of the teams that would beat anyone in the top 25 "with confidence") lost by 30+ to Notre Dame? Or was he too busy throwing out more insults and complete nonsense?
Please don't message me offering to buy something I posted in a pickup thread - I will post it in the buy/sell section if I am looking to move it. And unsolicited messages offering to sell something will be deleted.
Old 11-25-2018, 11:06 PM   #458
pgisback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big35Hurt View Post
Did he ever explain why Syracuse (one of the teams that would beat anyone in the top 25 "with confidence") lost by 30+ to Notre Dame? Or was he too busy throwing out more insults and complete nonsense?
Him and his buddy were too busy throwing out their expert analysis about how all conferences are equal, lol. It was a fun read. The ACC thing is hilarious though because you donít even need to create hypotheticals you can see almost all their ďtopĒ teams other than Clemson just get trounced by non acc teams. Like Pitt losing 51-6 to penn st and 41-14 to UCF. Conference is probably the worst itís been in decades.
Old 11-26-2018, 07:44 AM   #459
Big35Hurt

Quote:
Him and his buddy were too busy throwing out their expert analysis about how all conferences are equal, lol. It was a fun read. The ACC thing is hilarious though because you donít even need to create hypotheticals you can see almost all their ďtopĒ teams other than Clemson just get trounced by non acc teams. Like Pitt losing 51-6 to penn st and 41-14 to UCF. Conference is probably the worst itís been in decades.
You forgot that non-conference regular season games don't matter and only bowl games matter. That guy might have some of the dumbest takes on college football that I have read in 20+ years of reading college football discussions. I guess it's not surprising seeing how he acts like a child when called out for his clearly incorrect assessments of teams and conferences. The adult thing to do would be to admit you were wrong, but he acts like my 10-year old nephew instead. Good times!
Old 11-26-2018, 08:13 AM   #460
crazy4kinsler

I see rankings came out, and UCF again got no respect as the undefeated Knights were jumped by OSU. I know Georgia will lose in the SEC, so that should put UO into the Final 4. I hope OSU and UO both lose too so UCF can get into the Final 4. But I don't see all 3 losing unfortunately, so an undefeated UCF will once again be denied a shot to show what they can do.

Last edited by crazy4kinsler; 11-26-2018 at 08:18 AM.
crazy4kinsler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 08:21 AM   #461
rysportguy

Any team in the top 15 would go undefeated every year with UCF's schedule.
rysportguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 08:30 AM   #462
mc1

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4kinsler View Post
I see rankings came out, and UCF again got no respect as the undefeated Knights were jumped by OSU. I know Georgia will lose in the SEC, so that should put UO into the Final 4. I hope OSU and UO both lose too so UCF can get into the Final 4. But I don't see all 3 losing unfortunately, so an undefeated UCF will once again be denied a shot to show what they can do.
They donít deserve any respect. Too bad, thatís life for you if you play in a garbage conference.
mc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 12:55 PM   #463
pgisback

Mack daddy to UNC confirmed. Glad he's back but UNC ain't Texas. Gotta a lot of work to do to make that team good. Interesting to see Les Miles and Mack take such mid level jobs. Thought they'd only come back for the big dogs.
Old 11-26-2018, 01:06 PM   #464
Siberian13

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4kinsler View Post
I think OSU, OU, UGA could all lose and could see them still put one of them in over UCF and even Michigan.
Old 11-26-2018, 01:14 PM   #465
mfw13

Quote:
They have 3 losses and UCF and OSU are bother ranked ahead of them. Even though they'd be undefeated with UCF and OSU's schedules.
If you think the LSU would be undefeated playing Ohio St. schedule, I want some of whatever you're smoking....they'd have at least two losses....
mfw13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 01:17 PM   #466
jrg1128

Quote:
If you think the LSU would be undefeated playing Ohio St. schedule, I want some of whatever you're smoking....they'd have at least two losses....
At least two losses

Who could possibly beat LSU that Ohio State plays besides Michigan?
jrg1128 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 01:22 PM   #467
jrg1128

https://www.teamrankings.com/college...ength-by-other

I don't know if this has been posted in this thread, but I wonder why there are so many SEC teams atop the strength of schedule rankings?? Maybe because the SEC is the toughest conference in the nation and it's obviously not even close.
jrg1128 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 01:22 PM   #468
Siberian13

Quote:
Who would be the two losses from this schedule? Michigan I'm sure is one of them but who would be the other? PSU?

Oregon State
Rutgers
at TCU
Tulane
at Penn State
Indiana
Minnesota
at Purdue
Nebraska
at Michigan State
at Maryland
Michigan
Northwestern
Old 11-26-2018, 01:35 PM   #469
pgisback

Quote:
Lmao. That cupcake big 10 schedule? Who would they lose to? The question is how many losses would Ohio St have if they had to play Florida, Bama, Miss St, A&M, and Georgia. It would not surprise me at all if they went 0-5 against those teams.
Old 11-26-2018, 01:35 PM   #470
gopherfan

Michigan
Northwestern
Penn State
Michigan State
TCU
Possibly Purdue and MN
Old 11-26-2018, 01:36 PM   #471
gopherfan

Quote:
Lmao. That cupcake big 10 schedule? Who would they lose to? The question is how many losses would Ohio St have if they had to play Florida, Bama, Miss St, A&M, and Georgia. It would not surprise me at all if they went 0-5 against those teams.
Of course it wouldn't surprise you. You are an SEC nutswinger.

OSU would lose to Alabama, and maybe Georgia. They beat the other 3 for sure.

BTW, I hate OSU.
Old 11-26-2018, 01:38 PM   #472
pgisback

Quote:

BTW, I hate OSU.
These teams aren't Maryland or Purdue, lmao.
Old 11-26-2018, 02:23 PM   #473
pgisback

What sucks is if OSU doesn't get in the playoffs, they'll be playing a Pac-12 school, most likely Washington. Same school that the 9th/10th best SEC school beat. I really want to Ohio State against an SEC school.
Old 11-26-2018, 06:22 PM   #474
Big35Hurt

Quote:

BTW, I hate OSU.
And clearly love the Big 10 as a whole and hate the SEC even more.
Old 11-26-2018, 08:25 PM   #475
gopherfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big35Hurt View Post
And clearly love the Big 10 as a whole and hate the SEC even more.
I am a Gopherfan, yes. But I don't really give a crap about the rest of the conference. In fact, I don't think they are a very good conference at all this year. The SEC is by far the best. But to suggest that the top 9 or 10 SEC teams would win every conference in the nation is stupid at best. Alabama or Georgia would win every conference. LSU? No way. Florida? Nope. Auburn? Nope. Let's just stop the nonsense.