all star

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

Notices

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2013, 07:08 PM   #1
80s Showtime

Default 2014 Marvel Now!

Sorry if 2014 Marvel Now! already has a thread in the Non-Sports section.

Since I enjoyed opening Marvel Fleer Retro so much, I was wondering which of the next Marvel releases to looking forward to and found this:

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/b...arvel-now.html

It appears that the MSRP is lower than Fleer Retro but will it pack out as much fun (and value)? Here's what the link has as the set's highlights:

2014 Upper Deck Marvel NOW!

Configuration: 12 boxes per case. 24 packs per box. 7 cards per pack.

CONTENT HIGHLIGHTS

- Collect the 100 Card Base Set featuring characters in their new homes in the Marvel NOW! Universe. All art is from the Marvel NOW! books. Five (5) base cards in each Hobby Pack!
- Collect the Foil Parallel of the entire base set. One (1) Foil Parallel Card per Hobby Pack!
- Collect insert cards that feature a cover image from one of the 1st issues of a Marvel NOW! book. Variant covers are included! One (1) Cutting Edge card per pack!
- Look for multi-signed autograph cards from some of the creative minds and talent from the Marvel NOW! initiative!
- Look for sketch cards that mimic the blank cover variants of the inaugural issues on the Marvel NOW! initiative.
- One (1) multi-signed autograph or Blank Cover Sketch Card per hobby box.
- Look for randomly inserted Hologram cards that feature full 3-D holographic renderings of your favorite characters!
- Look for Authentic 1 of 1 press plate cards!

Appears that one of the box hits is a either a multi-signed auto card OR the Blank Cover Variant sketch card. For value, hopefully that means there's another hit or 2 in the box from these other inserts:

-Sketch Cards
-Holo F/X Cards
-Plate Cards
-Marvel NOW! Foil Auto Parallel
-Marvel NOW! High Series

I don't believe Upper Deck would make the Blank Cover Sketch Card an actual blank sketch card with no art on it as a box hit though. I believe it's most likely a "variant" sketch card. I'm just guessing that Upper Deck will continue with the Base Card sketch card formula since they've used it in Marvel Premier and Fleer Retro and it seems to have been well received by collectors. So I wonder if it would be possible to pull a "base card"-type sketch card AND "Blank Cover" sketch card in the same box?

Hopefully the price point will provide good value and it'll be a product that's just as fun as Fleer Retro was to open.
80s Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote