Blowout Cards Forums
2024 Baseball

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > WWE & WRESTLING

Notices

WWE & WRESTLING Post your WWE/Wrestling Cards Hobby Talk

Old 11-21-2011, 11:22 PM   #126
GoJays

Well that was one of the most pointless RAW's in recent memory. Other than the vignettes for the return of Kane and STING (!!!!!) the show completely tanked. I hope they have more of the HHH/Nash feud next week.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:24 AM   #127
wscws2008

Cena keeps trying to get cheap pops...mentioning the Rock and Ryder...so annoying..doesn't Vinny Mac see that he is getting booed by their "key demographic"?!?! Heel turn needs to happen now. Could be the biggest heel in quite awhile.
wscws2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:16 PM   #128
pico04

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Well that was one of the most pointless RAW's in recent memory. Other than the vignettes for the return of Kane and STING (!!!!!) the show completely tanked. I hope they have more of the HHH/Nash feud next week.

Did I miss the Sting Vig?
Old 11-22-2011, 02:43 PM   #129
geoffyb

sting will never work for vince so forget that idea. the ziggler/punk match was one of the best matches in recent raw. i wish they would fire nash. all he does is cause ratings to drop. he has been horrible for wherever he goes. he delivers terrible promos and no one cares that he is there. you could hear crickets when he walked out.
geoffyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:58 PM   #130
GoJays

Quote:
Originally Posted by pico04 View Post
Did I miss the Sting Vig?
Go to YouTube.com/itbegins2012 There is a very vague promo for somebody redebuting and "changing wrestling as we know it". The vid seems not dark enough to be for undertaker, and there was already a Kane vignette on RAW, and Sting coming to WWE has been rumored for years now, and it would make sense for him to come and fight Taker at wm28.

Although it's probably just for jericho. There is a ton of logic and viable theories pointing to it.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:59 PM   #131
warlordforever
Inactive Account

r truth suspended by wwe for wellness program violation
warlordforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:02 PM   #132
GoJays

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffyb View Post
sting will never work for vince so forget that idea. the ziggler/punk match was one of the best matches in recent raw. i wish they would fire nash. all he does is cause ratings to drop. he has been horrible for wherever he goes. he delivers terrible promos and no one cares that he is there. you could hear crickets when he walked out.
People will start to care more about Nash once HHH gets back. HHH/Nash has already been confirmed for tlc, so the feud will start to get much more interesting in the coming weeks.

Sting has been rumored to be coming to WWE since that whole 2/21/11 crap, even though that was clearly for Taker. It wouldn't shock me if Sting did sign a one-fight contract with the WWE, fight Taker at WM 28 ( and possibly win), and then retire.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:08 PM   #133
geoffyb

sting was rumored last time because someone made it up. there was nothing to base it off of that sting was coming to wwe. he has said it in countless interviews that he won't work for vince.

nash is boring no matter what. everything he does turns to garbage. he almost put vince out of business, he ruined goldberg in wcw, did nothing for tna, and now hes back. its time to retire and let newer talent have air time.
geoffyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:32 PM   #134
wscws2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by warlordforever View Post
r truth suspended by wwe for wellness program violation
that wasn't shocking. Him and Bourne look like a couple of pot heads.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:34 PM   #135
wscws2008

It wouldn't surprise me if the message is for again for taker... or maybe Brodus Clay.. or my dark horse is Lesnar

Or Jericho because he is going to come back, just a matter of when

Last edited by wscws2008; 11-22-2011 at 03:59 PM.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:35 PM   #136
GoJays

Quote:
Originally Posted by wscws2008 View Post
that wasn't shocking. Him and Bourne look like a couple of pot heads.
I'd think Miz would be the pothead in Awesome Truth. Having to deal with truth all week. Thatd kill me!

I'm not that sad to see R-truth suspended. He's an average at best superstar who's washed up and has been riding Miz's coattails for the past 4 months. Glad to see him gone.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:55 PM   #137
wscws2008

Quote:
I'd think Miz would be the pothead in Awesome Truth. Having to deal with truth all week. Thatd kill me!

I'm not that sad to see R-truth suspended. He's an average at best superstar who's washed up and has been riding Miz's coattails for the past 4 months. Glad to see him gone.
ha ha good point. I don't care for Truth either. His little jimmy schtick was funny at first but it went on overkill.

I actually like Miz and think that if they loosened the chains on his mic skills he could cut a mean promo...instead of saying really and awesome all the time.

I just long for the attitude era days. Not so much having guys risking their lives but the dialogue and story lines were so much better and being a heel meant you were ruthless. When the biggest heel you have is a middle-aged woman, you got issues.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:58 PM   #138
wscws2008

So as the year comes to an end, just wondering what was everyone's favorite wrestling moments for 2011 were?

For me they were few and far between but this year saw some of the more amazing promos/events in a long, long time.

Hands down for me were Punk's shoot promo and the Rock's return. Otherwise a somewhat lackluster year though as someone said earlier, the Ziggler/Punk match may be one of the best this year.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:10 PM   #139
mnvikingstwins

Quote:
So as the year comes to an end, just wondering what was everyone's favorite wrestling moments for 2011 were?

For me they were few and far between but this year saw some of the more amazing promos/events in a long, long time.

Hands down for me were Punk's shoot promo and the Rock's return. Otherwise a somewhat lackluster year though as someone said earlier, the Ziggler/Punk match may be one of the best this year.
Easiest one to remember right now is Rock's music hitting after the 30 second silence with the lights changing
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 04:10 PM   #140
sesmarine04
Banned

Quote:

Yeah, I really like the whole CM Punk angle but I liked it better when he was feuding with HHH and calling out his wife. I didn't like them buddying up so quick. Of course HHH and Undertaker this year was awesome. I can't think of much else worth while. And Cena is never going to turn heel because he is too engrained in the "respect" aspect the company is working on especially as it relates to the US military. Also Rock will be gone now for a few months til WM and he'll be totally gone after that. Then the Cena sucks chants will stop.
sesmarine04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 04:14 PM   #141
GoJays

Quote:

It was a VERY weak year for good wrestling moments. Wrestlemania was a complete bore, summerslam was ruined by Kevin Nash, and Survivor Series did nothing to fuel the Rock/Cena feud. The highlight of the year was Friday Night Smackdown. It is now officially the better-quality wrestling show. How sad is that?

To single out an individual moment, I'd say CM Punk at mitb, or CM Punk at Survivor Series. Either one would be fine IMHO.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:19 PM   #142
GoJays

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesmarine04 View Post
Yeah, I really like the whole CM Punk angle but I liked it better when he was feuding with HHH and calling out his wife. I didn't like them buddying up so quick. Of course HHH and Undertaker this year was awesome. I can't think of much else worth while. And Cena is never going to turn heel because he is too engrained in the "respect" aspect the company is working on especially as it relates to the US military. Also Rock will be gone now for a few months til WM and he'll be totally gone after that. Then the Cena sucks chants will stop.
Unless Hulk Hogan comes back and starts calling Cena a "fake brother" and challenges him to a match at Wrestlemania 29, the Cena sucks chants will sadly stop. It's terrible what Vince has done with what used to be a very fresh and exciting superstar (Cena). Don't we remember when Cena debuted as a white rapper with (apparently) bull Buchanan? Who'd have imagined he'd become this "Be a Star", "Hustle, Loyalty, Respect", face of pg era he is today?

Boy I hope he retires/gets injured soon, because it's pretty clear Vince isn't taking any risks with the 14th best wrestler in the WWE.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:16 PM   #143
wscws2008

Well I hope they don't stop booing. CM Punk may be the one to keep the boos coming. Granted I am biased with Punk because of the whole Chicago connection and that all of his apparel is basically the Chicago flag in different colors, but I think Punk can get bigger than Cena...maybe not with the kiddies or the ladies. But as sesmarine mentioned, they could have done much more with Punk and HHH.

Cena could just be a tremendous heel with his mic skills and his intensity. He just comes off as sooo...goody goody it makes me turn the channel. It was a huge risk to have Hogan turn heel but it was one of the most amazing turn of events in wrestling history and WCW profited like crazy from it with merchandising and tv revenue. Plus whoever is the heir to the Hendrix estate probably made some good cash with a voodoo child resurgence.

Just wishful thinking. I would love to be a WWE writer if it wasn't for the politics.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:18 PM   #144
jsportscards

a Cody Booker feud looks good
jsportscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:29 PM   #145
GoJays

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsportscards View Post
a Cody Booker feud looks good
Not as good as a Cody/Golddust feud looks
Old 11-22-2011, 06:37 PM   #146
jsportscards

True both will be good. I like this new kane return promo vid and i wonder who the jan 2 is
Quote:
Not as good as a Cody/Golddust feud looks
Old 11-22-2011, 06:40 PM   #147
GoJays

Quote:
True both will be good. I like this new kane return promo vid and i wonder who the jan 2 is
Jan 2 is either y2j or taker. I have my money on Jericho for various reasons (see above comments), but it's probably taker.

Or it's STING!!!!!!!!!

But probably not
Old 11-22-2011, 06:44 PM   #148
GoJays

Anyone else wondering where Jonah Hill was? He was supposed to be the guest host, but he never showed.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:48 PM   #149
jsportscards

Quote:
Anyone else wondering where Jonah Hill was? He was supposed to be the guest host, but he never showed.
think he couldnt make it i read scheduling problem. and i think jan 2 is taker,y2j,sting,hbk,
Old 11-22-2011, 07:24 PM   #150
wakigatame

Quote:
think he couldnt make it i read scheduling problem. and i think jan 2 is taker,y2j,sting,hbk,
It's not Sting. It's not HBK. It's probably not Jericho. It might be Taker but I'm betting on Vince. Watch the video and look at the kid. He looks like a young Vince McMahon right down to the suit he's wearing. Anyone expecting Sting, Jericho, or even Shawn (how the hell do you get that anyways? He's retired!) is going to be extremely disappointed.
wakigatame is offline   Reply With Quote