Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

Notices

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 05-03-2016, 05:50 AM   #1
fiskaaron

Default Have you seen this ICHIRO on eBay?

Take a look at this Ichiro.

2010 Topps Triple Threads Ichiro Seattle Mariners 6 Color Logo Patch 24 27 | eBay

Pretty ridiculous card. It's a shame that my mind automatically asks, "I wonder if this is fake?" I'm well aware that patches are faked but to fake a Triple Threads patch with some of the relic windows spelling out words and other shapes/designs would be nearly impossible to the average Joe, correct? While at the same time keeping the edges of the window in decent shape.

What do you all think about this Ichiro? Fake vs. real? If real, then does anyone know what patch the one one the left is from?
Old 05-03-2016, 06:03 AM   #2
TarjetasBéisbol

That does look like a very nice patch but without actually having it in my hands for inspection I couldn't tell if it was real or fake. Sad that we even have to think about something like that but if a person has the will to fake a patch it could be possible to find a way to do it.
Old 05-03-2016, 06:29 AM   #3
Tones

those cards are heavily faked. in older triple threads regardless if the card was patch word jersey it would all be the same thickness smoothies with jersey would have space between the jersey and top of the card
Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 06:54 AM   #4
fiskaaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tones View Post
those cards are heavily faked. in older triple threads regardless if the card was patch word jersey it would all be the same thickness smoothies with jersey would have space between the jersey and top of the card
Can you clarify? Are you saying an authentic patch will have space between the jersey and the top of the card or a fake patch will have the space?
Old 05-03-2016, 06:55 AM   #5
ND3

Would love to see a side view of the card. You can tell the TTTs cards have been fileted open and patches inserted.

myslabs.to/flordiaguy72
ND3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 07:41 AM   #6
DarkTiger29

A /27 wouldn't have such a nice patch and as said above, those cards were heavily faked. nuff said

Here is one /36 and you can see it's a single color swatch of jersey on most of these patches. For the /27, the color of the card would have changed, not the relic to such prolific patches.

PC: Jim Johnson, Chris Okey and Topps Chrome base autos

Last edited by DarkTiger29; 05-03-2016 at 11:56 AM.
DarkTiger29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 08:30 AM   #7
texmcpherson

/27? I don't think so.
Old 05-03-2016, 08:35 AM   #8
Firerunner4

No way in heck that's real being /27
Old 05-03-2016, 09:05 AM   #9
fiskaaron

That was my question too..../27?
Old 05-03-2016, 10:31 AM   #10
mkal411

That card has been opened up, fake patches have been inserted, and the card was then glued back together. I say that with 100% certainty. I'm not saying probstein did it, but someone did at some point while in possession of that card.

From 2010 - 2012, I was buying nearly any and all low/mid end 2010 Triple Threads relics, autos and relic autos. I believe at the peak, I had approx. 500 Triple Threads hits.

For most players solo relic cards (Adam Dunn being one exception I can recall), the only parallels of the relics that would contain patches were the gold (#'d /9), sapphire (#'d /3), and the various 1/1s (platinum, wood, white whale plates).

Usually, the gold contained 1 patch among the 3 windows, sapphire contained 2 or 3 and the 1/1s generally had patches in each window.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:52 AM   #11
hofcollector2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkal411 View Post
That card has been opened up, fake patches have been inserted, and the card was then glued back together. I say that with 100% certainty. I'm not saying probstein did it, but someone did at some point while in possession of that card.

From 2010 - 2012, I was buying nearly any and all low/mid end 2010 Triple Threads relics, autos and relic autos. I believe at the peak, I had approx. 500 Triple Threads hits.

For most players solo relic cards (Adam Dunn being one exception I can recall), the only parallels of the relics that would contain patches were the gold (#'d /9), sapphire (#'d /3), and the various 1/1s (platinum, wood, white whale plates).

Usually, the gold contained 1 patch among the 3 windows, sapphire contained 2 or 3 and the 1/1s generally had patches in each window.
This is correct, the card is altered. It was split in half and put back together with premium patches.
hofcollector2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 02:30 PM   #12
Haze28

That is a pretty crazy patch for a card with that numbering. More than likely fake. This makes me question a card I have in my collection, I bought this David Price on eBay years ago and when I received it the card was actually splitting down the side. Being kind of newly back into the hobby I didn't really question it, I just figured the card split because of how thick the patch was. Do you guys think this could be fake?

Haze28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 02:35 PM   #13
chezball

Look at who's selling the card,that's all I needs to know. Nothing like a fake card getting shillled.

Last edited by chezball; 05-03-2016 at 05:15 PM.
chezball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 02:50 PM   #14
Cardcollector84
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezball View Post
Look at who's selling the card,that's all I needs to know. Nothing like a fake card getting shilled.
That's a good point. Although it is very shady/suspect, I don't really think probstein would sell a fake card
Cardcollector84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 03:21 PM   #15
hofcollector2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze28 View Post
That is a pretty crazy patch for a card with that numbering. More than likely fake. This makes me question a card I have in my collection, I bought this David Price on eBay years ago and when I received it the card was actually splitting down the side. Being kind of newly back into the hobby I didn't really question it, I just figured the card split because of how thick the patch was. Do you guys think this could be fake?

lol, No your cards is fine and you eluded to a problem with triple threads. The cards tend to not be well put together and look split at times. I have owned a few like that. Usually happens with the 1/1s and plates. Your card is good though.
hofcollector2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 06:37 PM   #16
Lonewolf

It looks awesome, but way too much going on with the patches to be real...what losers
Old 05-03-2016, 08:11 PM   #17
coltsnsox07

Probstein's...... "I just sell for other people, not my problem if it's fake"
coltsnsox07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 10:22 PM   #18
JimShorts01

Thoughts on this card? I just dont see how that rip on the bottom right would have made it past some sort of QA.

JimShorts01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 11:46 PM   #19
texmcpherson

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimShorts01 View Post
Thoughts on this card? I just dont see how that rip on the bottom right would have made it past some sort of QA.

Immaculate has ridiculous patches/gloves/cleats/etc., it's a 1/1, and it's part of the tongue of the cleat. I'm guessing it's just part of the shoe.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:25 PM   #20
kcgranola

the ichiro patch is fake the large patch with 1977 is from the following jerseys.

The trend of an anniversary patch every five years continued in 2007, with a new design for the 30th anniversary. It was placed on the right sleeve of all jerseys.

I have never seen topps ever use that patch in any mariner cards at all.
kcgranola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 08:52 PM   #21
houdini

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimShorts01 View Post

If this card is real (I am assuming it is), it is probably on their website. A lot of the sneak peak cards were hand numbered like that and pictured on the site. Trout would definitely be there.

NO ECHECKS ACCEPTED!
YouTube Link
Shipping Info
International Shipping
Descanse mi princesita 9/20/00-4/16/15
houdini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 08:57 PM   #22
kyleuk21

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiskaaron View Post
Take a look at this Ichiro.

2010 Topps Triple Threads Ichiro Seattle Mariners 6 Color Logo Patch 24 27 | eBay

Pretty ridiculous card. It's a shame that my mind automatically asks, "I wonder if this is fake?" I'm well aware that patches are faked but to fake a Triple Threads patch with some of the relic windows spelling out words and other shapes/designs would be nearly impossible to the average Joe, correct? While at the same time keeping the edges of the window in decent shape.

What do you all think about this Ichiro? Fake vs. real? If real, then does anyone know what patch the one one the left is from?
I was thinking the same thing after seeing this other Ichiro tonight as well...can't help but think there's no way it's real. Classic switch out the patch and send to BGS to fool ppl who think BGS authenticates the patch as well.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/302070340014
kyleuk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 01:00 AM   #23
Zoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze28 View Post

I have a wood Tyson Ross 1/1 TTT that's splitting a bit, too. Your card is fine. Nice card.
Zoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 08:37 AM   #24
icollectichiro

Yeah definitely fake. Here is another the same seller posted last night.....smh!!!

2009 Topps Triple Threads Ichiro Matsui Matsuzaka Triple Logo Patch 20 36 | eBay

Check out my site featuring Ichiro
www.icollectichiro.com
RC's, Parallels, Variations, SSP, and Graded cards.
icollectichiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 08:45 AM   #25
smapdi

TIL my feet are bigger than Mike Trout's.
smapdi is offline   Reply With Quote