2024 Baseball

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

Notices

ComicBookJunkie Post your Comic Hobby Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2013, 12:44 AM   #1
IndySportsCards

Default Online Comic Shop BlackList - Untrustworthy Retailers

These places on this list have shown to be unreliable and cancel existing orders only to mark up their products, and some have outright lied about availability of the items after a purchase has been made. These are not people/places I feel comfortable spending my hard earned cash. I do not find them trustworthy, and to me, that's important.

If you find yourself being bent over by some scumbag comic website, report them here and I'll update the list. In other words, these diseased shops should be avoided at all costs, you're only asking for trouble by shopping there.

Black Listed Ebay Sellers
Ebay ID: kittyandcharlie - I pre-ordered 2 of the Han Solo Carbonite/Boba Fett action figures (Star Wars Black Label Boba Fett SDCC 2013 w Han Carbonite | eBay) and they only ship one. I contacted ebay and since I pre-ordered more than 45 days in advance I'm SOL. The seller will not refund nor will he respond to my messages. I'm freaking pissed...so anyone wanting to buy from them just be wary their communication is next to nothing and they will just steal your money! - John91C 8/2/13

Ebay Block Buyer Blacklist - Consider Blocking these guys
beeboy50 - Ordered at least 5 Starfire #1 variants from five different sellers. Demanded to return all five using lame excuse.

Murphs who Cancel Orders with Lame Excuses:
Atomic Books - Shows Inventory Available on their web site that's clearly not, but will allow you to order it and tie up your money anyway. They will then cancel your orders as their system does not propertly track available inventory.
Comics America - Cancels orders with lame excuses, then marks same books up
Comixzone - 2x they cancelled on Kyleg40 and put up the item for the ebay price
Dee Puppy Comics - Cancels orders with lame excuses (4X to Indy), then marks same books up
Hill City Comics - Accepts pre-orders, confirms on the release day that pre-orders arrived and set aside, one week later called for an update, cancelled my order and person who answered the call opened the topic that it is selling 5x in ebay.
Limited Edition Comix - Cancelled many Spiderman #1 orders after taking payments, holding up money, etc..
Nostalgia Zone - Claims Hot Comics (Shown in stock) are no longer in stock after you order them
dorokeifer - Amazon seller cancels paid for orders when noticing books are hot, later lists on ebay at inflates prices.
My Comic Universe (on Amazon) - "SHADY SELLER!!! Cancels order on book that becomes hot after delaying delivery for 2 week. Charged my card for 2 weeks, selling items on multiple sites and then claims they can't find book. I'm not buying your BS story. You suck. If you think you'll get a hot book ordering from these unprofessional, unacceptable clowns, think again. THEY SUCK!!"
DreamLandComics - Routinely will cancel hot books on you even after ordering them in stock from their website. Not to be trusted to do the right thing.

Shops with Shoddy Shipping and Packaging:
Hastings - Their Comic Packaging Sucks (large boxes, comics with little padding, arrive Damaged)
Mile High Comics - Multiple Reports of their Packaging sucking big time
Savanah Comics - Packaging is either bad, terrible or atrocious. Comics are damaged more times than they are not.
Mile High Comics - Charge extra for Bags & Boards, but send used, damaged, stained boards. Have sent high dollar books not protected well enough causing damage in transit.

To Be Avoided at all Costs!
The House of Comics - Knowingly sells Reprints and 2nd prints as 1st prints. Avoid this place like the plague.

At Your Own Risk
Dynamic Forces - Gradings Take Forever or Sometimes Not at All. You could get your graded comics next week, next year or never. They do not grade books Fast Track, but modern service which is running around 100 business days

Last edited by IndySportsCards; 06-21-2015 at 08:24 PM.
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote