Blowout Cards Forums
2017 Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Notices

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2013, 09:52 PM   #276
JOHNJOHNNY
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,214
Default

The fact that these sheets were made, doesn't that mean they were meant for public distribution? I mean, i'm sure fleer just doesn't print sheets of cards for the hell of it.

Not defending ken, just refering to a posters comment that these were not meant to go to the public. What if fleer meant for there to be 110 jordans at a rate of 1:700 packs, but they never got through putting all of them into packs, or they were saving some to cut up for the replacements of one of the 110 jordans or even as a replacement for another card.

How many times have people gotten a replacement of a totally different card from the one they were suppose to get. Does that mean that the card that they got as a replacement was never meant to be put into packs because it was held back (possibly in sheet form) and used as replacements.


Didn't ud or fleer or whoever just jack up the rarity of cards by releasing replacement cards of cards that weren't in public distribution?
JOHNJOHNNY is offline  
Old 09-13-2013, 10:03 PM   #277
Orangejello727
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 15,852
Default

Replacements are meant to be that...replacements.

If I card were to be put into packs but were held back, then they would be cut and ready to go. Uncut sheets are not cut and not ready to go. Uncut sheets are usually either first run sheets for test or last run for replacements.

If they were meant to be put into packs, they would be cut and pack inserted. These fleer uncut sheets whether numbered or un numbered were released during bankruptcy sales. They were meant for replacement but never used.

Lastly, no uncut sheet was made with the intention of cutting and re releasing. Anyone know of an uncut sheets made for the purpose of being cut and re released in the last 2 decades of sportscards?
Orangejello727 is online now  
Old 09-13-2013, 10:07 PM   #278
Wings
Member
 
Wings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Omaha
Posts: 4,496
Default

Anybody have a pic of the sheets? I cant image these are easy to cut with the Jambalaya shape.
Wings is online now  
Old 09-13-2013, 10:07 PM   #279
hychang5
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingbling23 View Post
this is ironic. last month another member is trying to lecture the op about cards being cut from sheets are considered to be fakes by some, the op says he realizes that? then why sell stuff and not disclose it that it was cut by you? http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/b...ml#post5611589
Hmm, from the ebay auction, it's stated about the Profar superfractor "the factory mistakenly did not stamp the "1/1" on the front that is supposed to be on all superfractors."

So it is being represented as a pack inserted superfractor that was not stamped 1/1, correct? Because no superfractor sheets are stamped 1/1, but that is not a "mistake".
__________________
hychang5.webs.com
hychang5 is online now  
Old 09-13-2013, 10:29 PM   #280
SportsItUpCards
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Collector since 1992
Posts: 13,709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post
Anybody have a pic of the sheets? I cant image these are easy to cut with the Jambalaya shape.
I found these..... But they're 03's

2003-04 Skybox EX Jambalaya UNCUT SHEET Lebron James (01/30/2011)...
SportsItUpCards is offline  
Old 09-13-2013, 10:32 PM   #281
SportsItUpCards
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Collector since 1992
Posts: 13,709
Default

Ahhhh yes, found them!

1997-98 jambalaya complete set. Uncut sheet. Super r (03/19/2013)...

But this is a recent sale of a sheet.... How many of these were sold since 2010 or even way prior?! smh

What a real shame. Destroying our hobby what dirtbag move at a time.
SportsItUpCards is offline  
Old 09-13-2013, 10:35 PM   #282
MariOnAlmA
Member
 
MariOnAlmA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 94
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kencope View Post
All,

If you have a particular question you would like to pose to me, please feel free to shoot me a pm. I've answered every question willingly and honestly until the thread turned into nothing but personal attacks and unsubstantiated derogatory comments on my character without any knowledge of facts in most cases to support people's accusations. Choosing one negative feedback in over 5000 and claiming that it makes me a bad person, without knowing or even asking any facts of that matter is irresponsible in my opinion. Jabs at my character or how I parent are hurtful and uncalled for and I'm not going to subject myself to that.

If I felt I did something wrong or immoral, I would be the first to say so. The fact is, deep down in my heart of hearts, I do not. Some of you agree with me, many of you don't. Everyone has that right. I understand that people fall on different sides of the "sheet cutting" debate, and I respect everyone's opinion as long as it's conveyed in a manner which isn't offensive or accusatory.

I've not hidden anything, I'm not "running" from anyone/anything, and I'm certainly not conceding to agree with many of the viewpoints or accusations brought here. I'm at peace with myself and my decision.

Nothing said here is going to change what I've done, or my viewpoint on the matter. So, nothing good is going to come out of it. I've already answered many of the questions that are being asked repeatedly, so doing it over and over again isn't productive for anyone. Again, if anyone has an actual factual question they'd like to ask please feel free to shoot me a pm and I'd be happy to answer it as my time allows.

My viewpoint is that the cards were meant to eventually be in collectors hands, that they are no different just because they weren't put into a pack (see my post about the Luck topps redemption auto). Some have claimed that it's not ok because Fleer didn't authorize it. Fleer isn't around to do that. It's a non-existant company and all of their property is now part of the public domain. The very minor amount of these that were held back in the form of uncut sheets is what I believe to be such a minor amount of the total population that I find it insignificant to total supply.

For anyone that has been a regular customer or trader of mine, if you are offended by what I chose to do here, I am truly sorry that you feel that way and hope that you'll look at the "body of my work" in this hobby and our personal interactions and continue our relationship. If you choose not to do so, I will accept that with sorrow.

All of those that brought up counterpoints in an intelligent and non-judgmental manner should be commended for doing so and I enjoyed the debate up to the point that was no longer the case by an overwhelming margin.

This will be my last post on the matter. Thanks for everyone's time and input! -Ken
So you are responsible for destroying the jambalaya brand. Wow......The manner in which you had to justify your unethical behavior to the members of the forums is saddening. Unfortunately, you are a perfect representation of what happens when greed meets this hobby....
__________________
Collecting Kobe Bryant and Lakers!!!
MariOnAlmA is offline  
Old 09-13-2013, 10:38 PM   #283
elee712
Member
 
elee712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 2,200
Default

stuff like this makes me want to quit the hobby.
elee712 is offline  
Old 09-13-2013, 10:51 PM   #284
Wings
Member
 
Wings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Omaha
Posts: 4,496
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
Ahhhh yes, found them!

1997-98 jambalaya complete set. Uncut sheet. Super r (03/19/2013)...

But this is a recent sale of a sheet.... How many of these were sold since 2010 or even way prior?! smh

What a real shame. Destroying our hobby what dirtbag move at a time.
Wow, thanks for the link. Those are pretty sweet as uncut sheets.
Wings is online now  
Old 09-13-2013, 10:54 PM   #285
hychang5
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,359
Default

This has got to be one of the most selfish self absorbed posts I have ever read. Seriously going through this, it's so full of narcissism it's ridiculous. You put the onus on everyone else by saying they're insulting you, then you go into a love-fest for yourself and how YOU think it's okay to put these into the market because YOU feel the difference is insignificant. Significant enough for you to put $1000 into your pocket, though, right?

You have taken on the role of Fleer distributor, saying that since Fleer is not around anymore, YOU decide whether or not these get into the market. Fleer is the only one that had the authority to factory cut these, and factory pack them. For you to feel in your "heart of hearts" that there is zero immorality in this situation is beyond reason.

If Sony somehow goes bankrupt tomorrow and you buy up supplies for the PS3 and somehow you assemble it, by your reasoning, you can sell those on the market as brand new Sony PS3's. You couldn't get away with that for long though as there is regulation in that market.

You do this because you know there is no regulation, and in your "heart of hearts" know that you can make a few thousand while screwing it up for everyone else. If that doesn't scream selfish, I don't know what does. Try not to post another sob story about getting your feelings hurt. How about the feelings of the person who spent a load of money to get a nice card only to find out it wasn't what he thought it was? How about the feelings of the people who own and love these cards now having to question whether theirs is home-cut from an uncut sheet?

Look at this statement "My viewpoint is that the cards were meant to eventually be in collectors hands". This statement is all about you.

People may have gone overboard with some examples, but you know what, it makes sense. People who do crimes eventually convince themselves they are not doing anything wrong, until sometimes, they get cornered and have to admit what they're doing. Even then they think a simple "yes I did it" is sufficient enough to make it all go away. Ryan Braun, anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kencope View Post
All,

If you have a particular question you would like to pose to me, please feel free to shoot me a pm. I've answered every question willingly and honestly until the thread turned into nothing but personal attacks and unsubstantiated derogatory comments on my character without any knowledge of facts in most cases to support people's accusations. Choosing one negative feedback in over 5000 and claiming that it makes me a bad person, without knowing or even asking any facts of that matter is irresponsible in my opinion. Jabs at my character or how I parent are hurtful and uncalled for and I'm not going to subject myself to that.

If I felt I did something wrong or immoral, I would be the first to say so. The fact is, deep down in my heart of hearts, I do not. Some of you agree with me, many of you don't. Everyone has that right. I understand that people fall on different sides of the "sheet cutting" debate, and I respect everyone's opinion as long as it's conveyed in a manner which isn't offensive or accusatory.

I've not hidden anything, I'm not "running" from anyone/anything, and I'm certainly not conceding to agree with many of the viewpoints or accusations brought here. I'm at peace with myself and my decision.

Nothing said here is going to change what I've done, or my viewpoint on the matter. So, nothing good is going to come out of it. I've already answered many of the questions that are being asked repeatedly, so doing it over and over again isn't productive for anyone. Again, if anyone has an actual factual question they'd like to ask please feel free to shoot me a pm and I'd be happy to answer it as my time allows.

My viewpoint is that the cards were meant to eventually be in collectors hands, that they are no different just because they weren't put into a pack (see my post about the Luck topps redemption auto). Some have claimed that it's not ok because Fleer didn't authorize it. Fleer isn't around to do that. It's a non-existant company and all of their property is now part of the public domain. The very minor amount of these that were held back in the form of uncut sheets is what I believe to be such a minor amount of the total population that I find it insignificant to total supply.

For anyone that has been a regular customer or trader of mine, if you are offended by what I chose to do here, I am truly sorry that you feel that way and hope that you'll look at the "body of my work" in this hobby and our personal interactions and continue our relationship. If you choose not to do so, I will accept that with sorrow.

All of those that brought up counterpoints in an intelligent and non-judgmental manner should be commended for doing so and I enjoyed the debate up to the point that was no longer the case by an overwhelming margin.

This will be my last post on the matter. Thanks for everyone's time and input! -Ken
__________________
hychang5.webs.com
hychang5 is online now  
Old 09-13-2013, 11:06 PM   #286
jlzinck
Member
 
jlzinck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 25,217
Default

lowlifes are fun
__________________
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline  
Old 09-13-2013, 11:06 PM   #287
SportsItUpCards
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Collector since 1992
Posts: 13,709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hychang5 View Post
People may have gone overboard with some examples, but you know what, it makes sense. People who do crimes eventually convince themselves they are not doing anything wrong, until sometimes, they get cornered and have to admit what they're doing. Even then they think a simple "yes I did it" is sufficient enough to make it all go away. Ryan Braun, anyone?
I agree.

I'm very proud to see how collectors in our hobby stick up for this type of wrong doing. Great to see everyone chip in and show this guy, and others like him, that we won't stand for this.

I don't care what stupid passionate arguments any of us have had/will have.... That's just because we love cards so much. But when you have collectors, you also have scam artists trying to make a buck. So as long as the community sticks together, and works/helps each other during these times, then it's all good.

Lets put our foot down and show these people we will not have this crap anymore!

Last edited by SportsItUpCards; 09-13-2013 at 11:10 PM.
SportsItUpCards is offline  
Old 09-13-2013, 11:15 PM   #288
xavieronly1
Member
 
xavieronly1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 12,955
Default

For anyone who thinks this is ok, I challenge you guys on trimming and fake patch.

In the end, I'm just trimming a card to make a better condition for collector. UD/Fleer did a lousy job on cutting the card

By having a fake patch, I make sure every patch card is 3+ color. UD/Fleer also did a lousy job on putting 1 color patch.

Think for a second... is this what you want this hobby going to be?
__________________
Always looking for Anfernee "Penny" Hardaway!! Thanks!

http://s953.photobucket.com/albums/ae15/xavieronly1/Basketball/Penny%20Hardaway%20PC/
xavieronly1 is offline  
Old 09-13-2013, 11:30 PM   #289
jeebus_86
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 866
Default

Since you are back in this thread to comment, why dont you answer one simple question, how many sheets did you cut?




(Q[/B]UOTE=kencope;5703162]All,

If you have a particular question you would like to pose to me, please feel free to shoot me a pm. I've answered every question willingly and honestly until the thread turned into nothing but personal attacks and unsubstantiated derogatory comments on my character without any knowledge of facts in most cases to support people's accusations. Choosing one negative feedback in over 5000 and claiming that it makes me a bad person, without knowing or even asking any facts of that matter is irresponsible in my opinion. Jabs at my character or how I parent are hurtful and uncalled for and I'm not going to subject myself to that.

If I felt I did something wrong or immoral, I would be the first to say so. The fact is, deep down in my heart of hearts, I do not. Some of you agree with me, many of you don't. Everyone has that right. I understand that people fall on different sides of the "sheet cutting" debate, and I respect everyone's opinion as long as it's conveyed in a manner which isn't offensive or accusatory.

I've not hidden anything, I'm not "running" from anyone/anything, and I'm certainly not conceding to agree with many of the viewpoints or accusations brought here. I'm at peace with myself and my decision.

Nothing said here is going to change what I've done, or my viewpoint on the matter. So, nothing good is going to come out of it. I've already answered many of the questions that are being asked repeatedly, so doing it over and over again isn't productive for anyone. Again, if anyone has an actual factual question they'd like to ask please feel free to shoot me a pm and I'd be happy to answer it as my time allows.

My viewpoint is that the cards were meant to eventually be in collectors hands, that they are no different just because they weren't put into a pack (see my post about the Luck topps redemption auto). Some have claimed that it's not ok because Fleer didn't authorize it. Fleer isn't around to do that. It's a non-existant company and all of their property is now part of the public domain. The very minor amount of these that were held back in the form of uncut sheets is what I believe to be such a minor amount of the total population that I find it insignificant to total supply.

For anyone that has been a regular customer or trader of mine, if you are offended by what I chose to do here, I am truly sorry that you feel that way and hope that you'll look at the "body of my work" in this hobby and our personal interactions and continue our relationship. If you choose not to do so, I will accept that with sorrow.

All of those that brought up counterpoints in an intelligent and non-judgmental manner should be commended for doing so and I enjoyed the debate up to the point that was no longer the case by an overwhelming margin.

This will be my last post on the matter. Thanks for everyone's time and input! -Ken[/QUOTE]
jeebus_86 is offline  
Old 09-13-2013, 11:30 PM   #290
37Jetson
Member
 
37Jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Chattanooga TN
Posts: 12,544
Default

...and you proved this was total horsecrap by leaving out the tiny little fact that the Jordan was cut from a backdoored sheet when you tried to peddle it on the boards for $2,600. Sorry you did not get your sucker. Where is the Ban Hammer when we need it?



Quote:
Originally Posted by kencope View Post
I've not hidden anything, I'm not "running" from anyone/anything, and I'm certainly not conceding to agree with many of the viewpoints or accusations brought here. I'm at peace with myself and my decision.
__________________
Collecting Vintage Detroit Tigers
37Jetson is offline  
Old 09-13-2013, 11:33 PM   #291
sportscentury
Member
 
sportscentury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 605
Default

I'm sorry to have to ask the obvious, but how is it that this seller is not yet banned from BO?
__________________
Always paying top dollar for NBA game worn jerseys, shoes, and complete uniforms! Paypal ready to go and payments made with lightning-fast speed. PM me!
sportscentury is offline  
Old 09-13-2013, 11:37 PM   #292
jeebus_86
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
I'm sorry to have to ask the obvious, but how is it that this seller is not yet banned from BO?
He needs to be reported to scf too. If i get access to a computer this weekend, instead my cell phone, ill be sure to report him
jeebus_86 is offline  
Old 09-13-2013, 11:48 PM   #293
SportsItUpCards
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Collector since 1992
Posts: 13,709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebus_86 View Post
He needs to be reported to scf too. If i get access to a computer this weekend, instead my cell phone, ill be sure to report him
This is a good idea.

What I can't help to wonder is, what else is this guy cutting up?

I mean, just think about it... If he could cut up probably one of the hardest cards to try and cut from a sheet, how easy will it be for him to cut easier ones?

How many uncut sheets exist? A lot! So what does this guy have access to? He admitted himself in this thread that he is not a collector and just does this for the money. So I'm thinking, his many sheets does he have/will have/already sold!

Not sure who's responsible for this set I was collecting, but here is an example.... So I was slowly collecting these cards 1989 Jazz Old Home bread cards. They were packed in loads of bread. Anyway, all of a sudden this guy comes along(have no idea if its tge same guy, can't remember). But he then cut them up, and they all started to show up in great condition. Usually the cards would have yellow spots all over them from being in bread bags.... So I totally lost interested in the set, and if I were to pick up z card here and there, I will go out if my way to find yellow stained ones to make sure.

Just a real shame when we have to deal with stuff like this.
SportsItUpCards is offline  
Old 09-14-2013, 01:41 AM   #294
Pejarox7620
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cali
Posts: 8,340
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebus_86 View Post
He needs to be reported to scf too. If i get access to a computer this weekend, instead my cell phone, ill be sure to report him
he's a mod there, i dont think they are going to do anything
Pejarox7620 is offline  
Old 09-14-2013, 01:56 AM   #295
jerryw
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pejarox7620 View Post
he's a mod there, i dont think they are going to do anything


pretty sure hes retired staff
jerryw is offline  
Old 09-14-2013, 01:57 AM   #296
bayzhead
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 172
Default

wow, this is crazy... did this guy really ask for $2k for a knock-off Jordan insert??? also LOVE his 'this will be my last post b/c I have done nothing wrong here...' typical scammer nature
bayzhead is offline  
Old 09-14-2013, 01:59 AM   #297
SportsItUpCards
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Collector since 1992
Posts: 13,709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryw View Post
pretty sure hes retired staff
Good.... Now they can clip him! You can't touch a made guy.... Without permission
SportsItUpCards is offline  
Old 09-14-2013, 02:14 AM   #298
pingbling23
Member
 
pingbling23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 7,708
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayzhead View Post
wow, this is crazy... did this guy really ask for $2k for a knock-off Jordan insert??? also LOVE his 'this will be my last post b/c I have done nothing wrong here...' typical scammer nature
its easy to downplay it now and walk away, he has sold off at least 3 of the cards and turned a nice profit. i guess its fine if he wants to think this is fine, but shouldnt that be up to the buyer/now owner? go to these people and let them know the truth, if they are still fine with how much they paid, then i guess all is good.
pingbling23 is online now  
Old 09-14-2013, 02:22 AM   #299
SportsItUpCards
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Collector since 1992
Posts: 13,709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingbling23 View Post
its easy to downplay it now and walk away, he has sold off at least 3 of the cards and turned a nice profit. i guess its fine if he wants to think this is fine, but shouldnt that be up to the buyer/now owner? go to these people and let them know the truth, if they are still fine with how much they paid, then i guess all is good.
Great idea.... But how do we know how many were fake shilled auctions or sales, and they just left feedback?

I would imagine there are many buyers though, especially the smaller names. Because I wouldn't believe for a second that a Jordan buyer for big bucks would be ok with this.

I was PMed and told to make an eBay listing to warn people about this. Can anyone confirm this is allowed? That would be a great idea as well.
SportsItUpCards is offline  
Old 09-14-2013, 02:23 AM   #300
hychang5
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,359
Default

FS/FT: Kobe EX Credentials Rookie & SPGU logo patch auto - Page 2

You know for claiming to be such a great guy, this is a real interesting read. You abusing your power as a mod at the time and threatening infractions when someone comes in with very valid facts and points about your asking price.

I love this quote "Another post will result in me reporting an infraction, as your posts are now bordering on harassment and are against the SCF terms of service. Thanks! -Ken"

The other party was absolutely not bordering on harassment and what terms of service were his posts against?

I only bring this up because you claim character assassination, so is this the great character you claim people have tried to taint?
__________________
hychang5.webs.com
hychang5 is online now  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.