Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 02:52 AM   #301
JOHNJOHNNY
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hychang5 View Post
fs/ft: Kobe ex credentials rookie & spgu logo patch auto - page 2

you know for claiming to be such a great guy, this is a real interesting read. You abusing your power as a mod at the time and threatening infractions when someone comes in with very valid facts and points about your asking price.

I love this quote "another post will result in me reporting an infraction, as your posts are now bordering on harassment and are against the scf terms of service. Thanks! -ken"

the other party was absolutely not bordering on harassment and what terms of service were his posts against?

I only bring this up because you claim character assassination, so is this the great character you claim people have tried to taint?
even if you don't like ken, the guy was being a jerk, if you don't like the price or are not interested in the card, then stay out of the thread.

You don't have to go in and try to white knight any potential buyers by telling them a card is overpriced.

The card is his and he can sell it for anything he wants.

It's called a buy/sell/trade thread not a complain/talk shite/white knight thread
Old 09-14-2013, 02:59 AM   #302
FreeMan12406
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kencope View Post
it's a side business which funds my children's college education. To me, that is the "right reason".
So your children's education is the right reason to lie and cheat people? Yikes...
Old 09-14-2013, 03:07 AM   #303
mcgahee21nfl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
Thank you

Looks like the op has been up to much more than just cutting sheets! Looks like he has colored cards with markers to make them appear in better condition, has tampered with vintage packs, and has been very shady in situations and then later sent back the same exact cards to the buyer just in different case holders(as for pm I received about him).

There is much more behind this guy then he cares to show. If he's done all these things, what else has he done that we don't know about?

I think it's time to honor him with his own thread, with his name in the title, and also post about these sheet cut Jambalayas, because the title on this thread does no one any justice... People need to know. Especially the costumes! They should be contacted from his eBay feedback's, because I bet most if them, if not all, have no idea these were sheet cut. So yeah, a separate thread with proper thread title needs to be made! Because as far as many are concerned, this thread is about a Jordan pmg. So that's why the op can just disappear and not worry about it.... He must think not many people will see this anyway due to the title of this thread. SMH
Should do this with Danny Gold.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:09 AM   #304
FreeMan12406
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kencope View Post
Appreciate your input. My answer to all of your questions is "no". I see those situations as much more egregious, dishonest, and deliberately deceptive.

I am a buyer who is ok with spending hard-earned money on sheet-cut cards. I stated that earlier. I understand this may not be the common opinion, but it is mine. Conducting a poll will have no effect.
So you're okay with buying sheet cut cards and then assuming others are by not telling them they are sheet cut by you?

Why not give the buyers the opportunity to know that information? I mean 'F' the buyers right?
Old 09-14-2013, 03:12 AM   #305
SportsItUpCards
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgahee21nfl View Post
Who is he, and what's the story with him?
Old 09-14-2013, 03:24 AM   #306
FreeMan12406
Banned

I e-mailed Beckett with all the info about the card, trying to see if they care and/or knowingly grade cut cards from an uncut sheet. Linked them this thread and everything. Awaiting a response.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:32 AM   #307
SportsItUpCards
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMan12406 View Post
I e-mailed Beckett with all the info about the card, trying to see if they care and/or knowingly grade cut cards from an uncut sheet. Linked them this thread and everything. Awaiting a response.
You are the man!!! Or woman...

He claimed they knew about it which I highly doubt.

When they do slab cards like this, they will state so in the label like they did here.... http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...d=200955979512

So he's full of crap right there. Not like I believed him anyway... Because he's done more than just this. So far I've heard from customers that he's colored cards with marker to make them appear it better condition, he's messed around with vintage packs, and he sold vintage sets in bad condition not mentioned in the description, then received the set back only to send it back to the buyer again, bug only in different holders smh

So yeah, I will side with Beckett on this and not take his word for it. He was hoping they would bd fooled... And they were! But he's the deceiver in all of this.
Old 09-14-2013, 04:11 AM   #308
nissandriver77
Banned

Quote:
Who is he, and what's the story with him?
That's slinky on here and bus last alias was vision in eBay ( he has changed it , probably has ten thousand accounts on there)

He is running with that hero Dante/redskinwizards , you rember that gangster wannabe that stabs people for cards.
Old 09-14-2013, 04:39 AM   #309
fisk-factor75

I have read up to page 9 so far....I have a question before I can make my opinion. If this has already been asked I apologize in advance, but am intrigured by this whole thread

Were these PMG's serial numbered completely in uncut sheet form (ie 2/50) or did the OP serial number these himself? If these were not serial numbered..I feel the OP is completely in the wrong adding to the population a rare insert that people who have purchased over the years as an "investment" for lack of a better word. If the OP did serial number these on his own and feels no difference that he or Fleer did it - that why choose Jordan's jersey number 45 so that way it's numbered to his jersey number to add "value to it' but not making it #23 as I feel that would have been a bit over the top.
Old 09-14-2013, 04:54 AM   #310
cypher

Good work Ken, you got this moved off the basketball forum, time to rebuild that lost respect and start selling new Jambalayas in no time! Or maybe Beckett put the call in........
Old 09-14-2013, 04:56 AM   #311
pingbling23

Post 45, that's when things change. This threads staying power isn't about the pmg, but jambalayas that the op got an uncut sheet of, cut them, and sold them without stating these are not the pack issued cards.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:50 AM   #312
wheeler281

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj2 View Post
So basically what I have garnered from this thread is that Ken has too much money invested in cutting up these cards and will now try and justify it however he can in order to maximise his profits. If this wasn't the case then I see no reason why he wouldn't freely state these cards are cut from a sheet in his auctions. There's only one reason why you don't state this, and it's because you know it will lessen their value, which should probably tell you something about what you are doing.
this basically is my feeling on this particular subject. (not sure if thats what he meant but came across that way)

Also if people think that having them cut yourself should or would not lesson value you are really out of touch with the insert market. Also who really knows what that does to the circulation/population numbers

Last edited by wheeler281; 09-14-2013 at 10:55 AM.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #313
PackAttack419

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgahee21nfl View Post
Someone please share any info on this Danny Gold. Or PM me if you want. I would appreciate it.

I dealt with him a week and a half ago, on a $2,000 card and it went mostly smoothly. Had never heard his name before.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:10 PM   #314
murrke03
Banned

Wow what a read.

It's things like these that make me want to leave the hobby. The good thing is I don't collect these types of cards.

Why was this thread moved? Why has there been no action against this shady dealings?
Old 09-14-2013, 12:23 PM   #315
crazymj

This should not be moved to the feedback forum! People in basketball hobby should know since its relevant to the hobby. Everyone prose contact mods to have this moved back! Why would blowoutcards knowingly help someone making fake cards?
Old 09-14-2013, 12:52 PM   #316
oldgoldy97

This thread not only makes the OP look bad, it also hurts the legitimacy of BGS if they are grading altered copies and passing them off as pack circulated.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:25 PM   #317
Graphix
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
I honestly dont know who is worse... Someone who commits a crime or someone who watches a crime commited and does nothing about it or to stop it.
This post reminds me of the final episode of Seinfeld!
Old 09-14-2013, 01:37 PM   #318
DannyShakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymj View Post
This should not be moved to the feedback forum! People in basketball hobby should know since its relevant to the hobby. Everyone prose contact mods to have this moved back! Why would blowoutcards knowingly help someone making fake cards?
Its in the feedback section. Blowout is not trying to cover anything up or even help someone make fake cards haha. It went from basketball to calling the person out. Thats why it was moved to here.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:58 PM   #319
bayzhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphix View Post
This post reminds me of the final episode of Seinfeld!
LOL! Seriously though...

This is one of the worst things that could happen to the basketball card market, say goodbye to valuable 90's Jordan Inserts that have been on Beckett's top 'cards of the month' forever.... Stop buying the cards from that era and the scammers can't push these off so easily for $2k... I never understood why these were so popular anyways... No autograph, just a weird design like all base cards...

For the people that bought these, I hope they're happy with them since the seller did nothing to state that these were not from a pack...
Old 09-14-2013, 02:17 PM   #320
sals_cardz

soo i tried to read all this and what i got from it is ken is trying to play these cards off as pack pulled when he already admitted he bought sheets and cut them down and now they are graded by bgs as legit? someone please fill me in im lost.
Old 09-14-2013, 02:29 PM   #321
Tesla

Looks like everyone got kencope'd again.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:15 PM   #322
bayzhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
Anyone who bought from him, yup...
Old 09-14-2013, 03:39 PM   #323
SportsItUpCards
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
Again?

Please share...
Old 09-14-2013, 03:49 PM   #324
Tesla

Quote:
Again?

Please share...
I remember an incident from before if I can find it again I will share.
Old 09-14-2013, 04:07 PM   #325
Tesla

He started a thread in April on SCF asking for information about these cards and it was presumed that was to get the dimensions to cut them. That thread has since been deleted probably by him and is no longer searchable.
Closed Thread