Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Notices

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 01:37 AM   #351
centrelink

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissandriver77 View Post
He doesn't care he is all about the money , I mean he has to provide .
Well at least he should be man enough to reply regardless.....Ken?
Old 09-16-2013, 09:21 PM   #352
centrelink

Quote:
Originally Posted by kencope
I've replied to every question that has Been asked, many of them multiple times. I'm not going to waste time responding to the same questions over and over again. Clearly I disagree with your viewpoint, as does Beckett and many others here. Have a great week.
Ken you have no shame! Cut your rubbish replies via Private Messages, your a scumbag!

Last edited by centrelink; 09-16-2013 at 09:23 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:42 PM   #353
smackvay

For the record I sent bgs an email(not a random person someone I know their)
and they DO grade and slab ANY card that meets the size specifications of the original. In other words it is totally fine(not by me) to cut sheets into individual cards and have them graded. Im kind of confused as to why this is ok, but im just glad I don't collect any highend stuff like this
Old 09-16-2013, 09:47 PM   #354
FreeMan12406
Banned

Please screenshot email.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:58 PM   #355
murrke03
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackvay View Post
and they DO grade and slab ANY card that meets the size specifications of the original. In other words it is totally fine(not by me) to cut sheets into individual cards and have them graded. Im kind of confused as to why this is ok, but im just glad I don't collect any highend stuff like this
Don't size specifications of the original vary.

So in theory someone could receive a factory cut card that happened to be cut a little large. They could then trim it to 'original' accepted size to clean up corners edges etc.

So BGS DOES grade trimmed cards in theory. Double standard BGS... shame.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:20 PM   #356
SportsItUpCards
Banned

Doesn't matter what Beckett grades.... They've graded many errors, and missing serial numbers, and so on. Only, they would state it on the label. He says he told BGS, which is mist likely bs. If this email actually took place, then simply a person who has no idea about this situation and just trying to protect their practices. I believe they would do they right thing and state it in the label.... If THEY KNEW AT THE TIME!

Regardless, if Beckett stats it or not, the PEOPLE(collectors) would price them differently. Most, if not all, would pay less for sheet cards. By the way, I don't believe for a second of the guy coming out saying he's happy with the sheet card SMH.... what do you take us for?! Smh no shame sf all. At best, that was a shill bid that accidentally won the item(no sucker was captured that time around), so the audacity of make a post here on BO?.,,, shameful!

Bottom line, no matter what's going on with Beckett, it's your shady practices that are a concern. It's your trying to be sneaky tactics to try and fool someone and not inform them that it is sheet cut. Now that your caught you decided to burry a disclaimer at the bottom where it can't even be noticed...... SHAMFUL! Smh

You just have no shame, and will try and fund those college tuitions anyway, even if you're stealing hard earned cash from people. But thank goodness for forums!..........

Last edited by iluvfish2; 09-18-2013 at 05:30 PM. Reason: see mod thread
Old 09-16-2013, 10:37 PM   #357
JenAndKylesCard

Not trying to play devils advocate here but the quote in your sig reminds me of kens attitude in all of this, kind of hypocritical to have something like that and then crucify some one for living it out.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:44 PM   #358
SportsItUpCards
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenAndKylesCard View Post
Not trying to play devils advocate here but the quote in your sig reminds me of kens attitude in all of this, kind of hypocritical to have something like that and then crucify some one for living it out.
Wow.... (Shaking my head BIG time!).

So now you want to compare a crook, and an entrepreneur who produced some of the greatest product we use today and will probably use for a very long time from now. Smh

I like the quote, yes! But I don't like crooks who deceive people in order to pay for his kids college funds(as he admitted to doing).

So do you still think kencope can be compared to the dirt on Steve Jobs' shoes?!..... LOL! Smh

And HE "crucified" himself by his shady actions.... No one else to blame. You a friend of his?

Amazed!!
Old 09-16-2013, 10:53 PM   #359
JenAndKylesCard

It was a quote BY jobs or ABOUT?

And I didn't say anything about the situation other then comparing your quote "here's to the crazy ones" "the ones who see things differently, they're not fond of the rules"

Don't be so quick to judge everyone who speaks.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:01 PM   #360
SportsItUpCards
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenAndKylesCard View Post
It was a quote BY jobs or ABOUT?

And I didn't say anything about the situation other then comparing your quote "here's to the crazy ones" "the ones who see things differently, they're not fond of the rules"

Don't be so quick to judge everyone who speaks.
Very cute. But why don't you start talking about aliens while you're at it? Or maybe doomsday or something..... How about butterflies? Smh

Anyway, just in case you didn't know, there's a difference between "bending" the rules for the good of the cause, and then breaking them to create chaos for collectors in this case. He did nothing good here in the end, so it's BREAKING the rules, and not bending them at all.

I hope you had a good lecture today..... You're welcome, class dismissed! Smh wow
Old 09-16-2013, 11:31 PM   #361
JenAndKylesCard

Lol yea you really taught me a lesson there skip. Completely ignoring what I posted and continuing to argue your cause really taught me something, said no one ever...

All cards area printed on a sheet, all cards get cut from those sheets correct?
It's the same card printed by the same company printed in the same year correct?
And in your opinion it's unethical because he didn't pull it out of a pack he cut it himself from the uncut sheet.

I always thought that an uncut sheet would be worth more, shows how much I really know about the hobby.

Which brings me to my original point. Your quote (not the card) is hypocritical in regards to this situation. That is all, kiddo.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:07 AM   #362
Mikegioseffi

Location: From Boston but married southern bell so I'm stuck in Nashville

interesting read here for sure. definitely dissappointed in BGS for not making some type of distinction on the label
it is interesting though that the OP clerly stated in his thread about selling these cards that he was "cutting,grading,selling"

glad i hate jordan stuff
Brady contenders auto bgs 8.5/10
Old 09-17-2013, 11:34 AM   #363
Jef

i like graded cards for my collection because i like how they look, feel, and protect the card.

but people who launder the blame over to BGS by having garbage like this graded are the worst. that doesnt lessen the error of BGS, but the intentions are as clear here as they are with any blatantly fake patch in a BGS case.

the hammer should come down on this guy.

if he sees no problem in selling them, fine, but that doesnt mean that there is no problem with his nondisclosure.

i see a ton of cards in peoples' buckets that, when i think about MY morals, and what I TRULY BELIEVE, i think i should be able to have for free. does that make it ok? ken is full of it if he is still selling these without disclosing.

but, like he said - he has NOTHING TO HIDE, so im sure you can privately PM him for information.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:53 AM   #364
jerryw

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsitupcards View Post
very cute. But why don't you start talking about aliens while you're at it? Or maybe doomsday or something..... How about butterflies? Smh

anyway, just in case you didn't know, there's a difference between "bending" the rules for the good of the cause, and then breaking them to create chaos for collectors in this case. He did nothing good here in the end, so it's breaking the rules, and not bending them at all.

I hope you had a good lecture today..... You're welcome, class dismissed! Smh wow

aliens are real
Old 09-17-2013, 12:35 PM   #365
Gibberish

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
Very cute. But why don't you start talking about aliens while you're at it? Or maybe doomsday or something..... How about butterflies? Smh

Anyway, just in case you didn't know, there's a difference between "bending" the rules for the good of the cause, and then breaking them to create chaos for collectors in this case. He did nothing good here in the end, so it's BREAKING the rules, and not bending them at all.

So replace the words Aliens,Doomsday and butterflies with SILVER...then pull your head out of your ass.

See why people were harassing you over silver ? You made it easy for them to throw in your face but you proved you are no better than those people by your pathetic remarks above.

TO imply someone's views on other matters gives their view on a topic you play the other side of, is tacky,childish and immature.

While you run on and on and on and on and on and on et'al, I at least felt you had a measure of integrity, albeit a deluded view on life or at the very least a "propped" up view to make yourself feel better
You proved that assumption of mine wrong.

So ride each page on the 2 topics as if you are king. THings will settle, the hobby will yawn and move along and you will go back to being that guy who posts and people make fun of,bait,tease and drag along while making snide remarks above SILVER or any other little thing meant to demean you, make you look foolish or stupid for their sport......ride it on knowing you showed them...you showed them you could act the exact same way......pathetic Gio, really pathetic

Also, no rules were broken or bent. You still seem to fail to understand what is and what is not and you are trying to drama this to the point of stupidity. Facts are a bad thing, I know, but you are going into the realm of desperation to stay on the positive side of a situation, for once and you are grasping with desperation...pathetic and sad.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:44 PM   #366
jerryw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post

theres always gonna be a SILVER lining lmfao
Old 09-17-2013, 05:45 PM   #367
smackvay

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMan12406 View Post
Please screenshot email.
Is this to me?
Old 09-17-2013, 06:07 PM   #368
oldgoldy97

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackvay View Post
If this is the case, Beckett grading is a sham in my book. It ruins their legitimacy if they graded cards they know are trimmed or altered. Just another reason to boycott them.

On a side note: I am now actively buying mis-cut, over-sized cards. Let me know what you got!
Old 09-17-2013, 07:33 PM   #369
SportsItUpCards
Banned

Wow.... What a disturbed fan with Serious issues! I mean, you just can't make this stuff up.... You just can't! #doctor #pills #asap

You can't... You just
Old 09-17-2013, 10:00 PM   #370
Jackg1980

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980

Wow, I feel bad for the buyers that bought all those trimmed cards. Where did he get the uncut sheets? China? A lot scammers do not think they are doing anything wrong. Some of the fake patch makers think they are making the card better! By not disclosing these cards came from an uncut sheet unstead of pack is very very unethical. I guarantee most If not all the buyers believe they came from packs. He is clearly taking advantage of BGS failed policy.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:15 PM   #371
oldgoldy97

Email from BGS:

We can grade cards that are cut from sheets like this as long as they measure to the correct specs. Each product/card is a case by case basis, usually a customer will ask us first if we can accept sheet cut cards of a particular card, etc.

These are not considered altered. Altered is recolored, etc or when a card is determined to be deliberately trimmed or it is a "miscut" from the factory.

Sincerely,
BGS

I'm still trying to figure out what it means by "altered is recolored, etc". What is the "etc" referring to? I like how it also says "or a card is determined to be deliberately trimmed". Cutting a sheet seems like a deliberate trimming to me.

Last edited by oldgoldy97; 09-18-2013 at 04:18 PM.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:21 PM   #372
lobo_hacker

Send a message via Yahoo to lobo_hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post

I'm still trying to figure out what it means by "altered is recolored, etc". What is the "etc" referring to? I like how it also says "or a card is determined to be deliberately trimmed". Cutting a sheet seems like a deliberate trimming to me.
-I concur. If i get a card from a pack and cut on it, it is trimmed. If i get an uncut sheet from the company and cut on it, it is trimmed. Both from the company directly, both in the format they left the company in, and both cut by the end consumer. I don't see the difference.

lobo_hacker
Old 09-18-2013, 04:26 PM   #373
Jackg1980

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobo_hacker View Post
-I concur. If i get a card from a pack and cut on it, it is trimmed. If i get an uncut sheet from the company and cut on it, it is trimmed. Both from the company directly, both in the format they left the company in, and both cut by the end consumer. I don't see the difference.

lobo_hacker
I will be fine with them grading them if they stated it as so on the Label.

edit... Ken notified me saying he does state this info on his auctions.

Last edited by Jackg1980; 09-18-2013 at 04:36 PM.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:39 PM   #374
Cactuspies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackg1980 View Post
I will be fine with them grading them if they stated it as so on the Label.

edit... Ken notified me saying he does state this info on his auctions.
he does NOW
Patriots 5 time Champs
catching up to johnmabry47: 61 members on ignore
Old 09-18-2013, 04:43 PM   #375
lobo_hacker

Send a message via Yahoo to lobo_hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
he does NOW
-Yeah, he modified his postings and included it after the heat came down, it wasn't in there originally.

lobo_hacker
Closed Thread