Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 08-17-2018, 11:25 AM   #1
jrod2099

Default eBay Disappointment

I was about to purchase an item and inquired as to whether or not the seller would be willing to offer a reduced price if I bought in bulk since they have a "best offer" option. They declined which I find is typical even with the best offer option. So when I went to pay full price on one item, they had raise it $60 per item. All of this within a span of 15 minutes. eBay can be such a disappointment sometimes.
jrod2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 12:11 PM   #2
DevinKurant
Banned - PBM

Default eBay Disappointment

Who was the seller? I will get your revenge by never buying anything from that greedy capitalist _____ . Who does that!!!!????
DevinKurant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 03:30 PM   #3
Beavers98

HAHA what? You showed interest, so he bumped the price. What a tool...
Beavers98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 07:54 PM   #4
shrevecity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavers98 View Post
HAHA what? You showed interest, so he bumped the price. What a tool...
When you have lots of watchers on an item one of the best way to get the sale is to raise the price. Nearly every time I have done it the item will sell outright or get an offer equal to the original price within 24 hours.

I have raised prices after an offer on COMC a few times, buyer makes an offer, I check Ebay prices as well as COMC and realize I am off on the current pricing by a considerable amount. I feel in those situations the buyer should have just paid my price and I never would have noticed the pricing discrepancy.

Last edited by shrevecity; 08-17-2018 at 08:01 PM.
shrevecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 08:05 PM   #5
Harper

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post
When you have lots of watchers on an item one of the best way to get the sale is to raise the price. Nearly every time I have done it the item will sell outright or get an offer equal to the original price within 24 hours.

I have raised prices after an offer on COMC a few times, buyer makes an offer, I check Ebay prices as well as COMC and realize I am off on the current pricing by a considerable amount. I feel in those situations the buyer should have just paid my price and I never would have noticed the pricing discrepancy.
This is a common practice that I’ve seen. I watch things that are overpriced but n case there are eBay discounts or the seller lowers the price. Most of the time this results in the seller raising their price. I’ve never bought an item that the price went up on after I watch it... I be never seen an item like that sell at the higher price though, so I’ve always been confused by the tactic. I normally unwatch if the price goes up.
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 08:11 PM   #6
shrevecity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper View Post
This is a common practice that I’ve seen. I watch things that are overpriced but n case there are eBay discounts or the seller lowers the price. Most of the time this results in the seller raising their price. I’ve never bought an item that the price went up on after I watch it... I be never seen an item like that sell at the higher price though, so I’ve always been confused by the tactic. I normally unwatch if the price goes up.
It works better in some categories than others.
shrevecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 10:12 AM   #7
Beavers98

^^^ INteresting. Thanks for the info. I can see the COMC example. I used to do that on an old site Naxcom when I saw my price was not at current prices, but with Ebay, I haven't seen it too much.
Beavers98 is offline   Reply With Quote