Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 03:06 PM   #126
hairyangryfella

The entire market is corrupt. Why don't we all just ignore it, let them all play with their Jordans mixing fake sales with real sales and just let them do it. Save us all a bit of emotion!
Old 01-16-2012, 03:08 PM   #127
WillC

Rare23air83, if your sales are legitimate (which I believe they are), then don't get upset by the haters on this forum. Just do your thing. Take the moral high ground. Your the man with the hot cards and even hotter girlfriend. Keep your head up high.

Jealousy leads to suspicion.

Do you have any rare Chronology autos or inscriptions? If so, PM me.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:08 PM   #128
Burt-Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillC View Post
I'm getting bored of the Jordan insert collector witch hunt. Give the guy a break. There is very little - if any - evidence that he has done anything wrong or suspicious. The eBay and PayPal fees on an $18,000 sale would be huge, so I doubt it's something he'd do unless it was a legitimate sale. Then again, despite my attempts to keep up-to-date with the Jordan craze, I don't have time to get my head around the conspiracy theories. Maybe I'm too naive.

Meanwhile, I have the chance to buy a box of 10,000 loose 1990s cards from a collector in London who died recently (he was a fireman - I'm not sure how he died exactly). I'm hoping to find a Jordan insert or two in the box...

Imagine how amazing that would be?!
I'm going to look at a million card collection today, and I'm hoping for the same thing.

Also I was in the same boat with you on this Jordan thing, until I started reading more and more of this thread. Now I am starting to put it together and see what the angle is. I was super confused at first, but look at it this way. All these big sales are basically the same circle of dudes buying and selling the card back and forth to inflate the prices. They are all basically sharing this one huge collective collection while creating prices that no one else will be able to touch. So the fees they are paying on these closed suctions are just going back and forth to each other and it really just cancels everything out in the end. However when they decide to really sell it guarantees they will make a killing.

Also earlier Rare brought up a point about why someone like Nat would feel the need to inflate prices when he is a multi millionaire in the first place and could care less. I think he kind of answered his own question with that statement, also rich people aren't rich by accident unless you win the lottery. They're rich cause they know a thing or three about business and manipulating markets in their favor.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:10 PM   #129
T3sT

Rare23air83: just give them what they want bro.. they will believe eventually if you can give more proof.

1. as you said in the first post that the payment is done yesterday -> so give us paypal screen shot that show payment date was made yesterday or before that..

2. i believe in this super high end deal you will ship card immediately after the payment, then i think you already ship the card yesterday or before -> so give us the DC

that's it.. give us more proof.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:10 PM   #130
pee632

That is crazy.....
Old 01-16-2012, 03:10 PM   #131
SportsItUpCards
Banned

DC # with dates and PAYPAL screenshot of payment.............. You don't have to but it would surely be in your favor!

Are you going to post them? I want to apologies to you so bad!!
Old 01-16-2012, 03:11 PM   #132
Qwasian

you can't even send 10k+ paypal gift...... most people might not move large amounts of money, but from someone who does, if you actually moved money like that, you would know that you can't send 10k paypal gift in one transaction to a person. so the screen shot you posted is fake, and so is your claim of paying kobes in paypal gift, this information is visible right on paypal.com
Old 01-16-2012, 03:11 PM   #133
Rare23air83
Banned

All right. Whatever guys. I'm done. It's all a waste of my energy and time. I've been nothing but the truth. I should have figured that such a high sale would bring so many haters and BS callers. It's quite sad really.

Think what you want and do your research if you want. I actually encourage you guys to do so. That way you will eventually find out there was never any shady business going on to begin with.

But go ahead. Call bs on every High Jordan sale like you've continuously been doing. Whatever. You think group of friends scheme and plot to buy and sell only to each other? To drive cards up? Maybe that has happened in the past, but again... don't be so quick to judge and label all high end Jordan buyers/sellers the same. Nat Turner is a millionaire. He wouldn't even waste his time or energy to do something like that. kobes_for_sale has been known to be legit in many ways. Me? Well go ahead and do your research. I'm 100% honest also.

So that's pretty much it.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:13 PM   #134
wesnilevirus

Ok my head is going to explode if someone doesn't explain to me a $10000 paypal gift payment on a transaction like this.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:13 PM   #135
SportsItUpCards
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesnilevirus View Post
At the end of the day, people can decide for themselves about whether or not there is market manipulation of these Jordans. But I think we can all agree that it is a bad idea to send 10 grand paypal gift At least I hope we can agree to this...
I wouldn't send my twin brother a 10k paypal payment as a gift... I don't have a twin, but even if I did!
Old 01-16-2012, 03:15 PM   #136
paul06901
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare23air83 View Post
All right. Whatever guys. I'm done. It's all a waste of my energy and time. I've been nothing but the truth. I should have figured that such a high sale would bring so many haters and BS callers. It's quite sad really.

Think what you want and do your research if you want. I actually encourage you guys to do so. That way you will eventually find out there was never any shady business going on to begin with.

But go ahead. Call bs on every High Jordan sale like you've continuously been doing. Whatever. You think group of friends scheme and plot to buy and sell only to each other? To drive cards up? Maybe that has happened in the past, but again... don't be so quick to judge and label all high end Jordan buyers/sellers the same. Nat Turner is a millionaire. He wouldn't even waste his time or energy to do something like that. kobes_for_sale has been known to be legit in many ways. Me? Well go ahead and do your research. I'm 100% honest also.

Can you just explain why you felt it was a good idea to send a $10k+ Paypal gift to an eBay member (if that's even possible)?

And if you did, why you are not worried about Paypal locking your account?
Old 01-16-2012, 03:15 PM   #137
sunsfan8
Banned

Quote:

haters gotta hate i believe what you say don't let them get to you congrats on the sale!
Old 01-16-2012, 03:16 PM   #138
Qwasian

10,655.00 <--- this amount cannot be sent thru paypal gift, regular paypal, or in another other format, and neither can the 18,345.00
Old 01-16-2012, 03:16 PM   #139
SPauthentic84

Again, I'm not one to witchhunt, but could you please tell me your thinking on putting your initial 12.5k bin up. I'm not attacking but as both a hobbyist and person who likes to make a profit I don't get your reasoning. Again, I just want to know your thoughts

Quote:

Old 01-16-2012, 03:17 PM   #140
wesnilevirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwasian View Post
10,655.00 <--- this amount cannot be sent thru paypal gift, regular paypal, or in another other format, and neither can the 18,345.00
Thank you sir.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:18 PM   #141
Qwasian

I have a screen shot for ya..........

Old 01-16-2012, 03:18 PM   #142
SportsItUpCards
Banned

Quote:

So Natsturner is a millionare but yet he got outbid by you!?

I thought this is the dude with the blank check........................?

So he would be 1Million$$$ and then let the poor guys put in their bids?

How did you outbid him?
Old 01-16-2012, 03:19 PM   #143
Orangejello727

My father told me a story once about how price fixing and manipulation works. When I was young he explained how a certain group of individuals in our area made it happen. this is based on a true story. Ill explain it and let me know if it actually hits home for some of you..

They built 10 homes on a suburb of Toronto. The 10 homes were bought and paid for by a group of 10 that knew one another. They paid $200k each.

5 yrs later. House 1 went up for sale at $500k. Another friend withing this circle of friends bought the house for $500k. The new assessment after the sale for the area was based on this new sale.

About a month later House 2 went up for sale at $650K. So did house #3 and #4 after #2 sold for $650K. House #2 was sold to a buyer outside of the circle. He bought the house because he liked the community and it was a good time to get in because prices were going up. House #3 and #4 (lets say #5 too) sold for marginal increases in the same price range, lets say $650 to $700k.

At the end of the year and beginning of a fresh spring, houses 6, 7 and 8 all got listed individually but not until one after another sold. Never were they listed at the same time, but only after prices statistically went up. House 6 sold for $1m. The neighborhood was evaluating, agents were praising at the recent rise in price and creating demand. This was done through advertising of agents telling everyone that houses in this area were moving up fast, and it was "The place to be". The marketing was done and demand was created.

House 7, 8 sold that year for over $1m each. House 9 and 10 both sold the next year for almost $2m each.

All 10 people from that circle of friends left.

10 houses at $200k each = $2mil

Sold houses.

1-500k
2-650k
3-650
4-700k
5-700k
6-1m
7-1.2m
8-1.2m
9-2m
10-2m

Total of $10,600,000.

Even if you pay back that friend who bought the first house his $500k, They turned $2m into $10 in a decade. They did this by preception. Nothing more. Blind perception of selling you a dream of what they wanted you think was "the place to be" They made it happen by showing you proof of sales, marketing through agents and creating demand.

The moral of the story eventhough it was based on a true story is it doesnt take much for people to start believing something as reality all based on how good the sales pitch is.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:20 PM   #144
Burt-Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan8 View Post
haters gotta hate i believe what you say don't let them get to you congrats on the sale!
Wow!! When this guy has to get your back you know you f*cked up good on this forum, lol. This is like having Hitler endorse your E-Z bake oven.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:20 PM   #145
wesnilevirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwasian View Post
I have a screen shot for ya..........

nice.........
Old 01-16-2012, 03:21 PM   #146
chargers4life92

damn................
Old 01-16-2012, 03:21 PM   #147
SportsItUpCards
Banned

Qwasian is the frigen man!!!! Nuff said.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:22 PM   #148
wesnilevirus

Well that was fun, tough to try to hustle a forum with intelligent individuals
Old 01-16-2012, 03:22 PM   #149
Orangejello727

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
The entire market is corrupt. Why don't we all just ignore it, let them all play with their Jordans mixing fake sales with real sales and just let them do it. Save us all a bit of emotion!
True. I say we turn a blind eye to people who sell and play games. But while we're at it, can we turn a blind eye to those who rip people off and never deliver after payment? or commit postal fraud by sending a common instead of the item paid for? I mean its all the same right? Just a game where people are losing money?
Old 01-16-2012, 03:23 PM   #150
WillC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt-Reynolds View Post
Wow!! When this guy has to get your back you know you f*cked up good on this forum, lol. This is like having Hitler endorse your E-Z bake oven.
Lol, ouch.

Do you have any rare Chronology autos or inscriptions? If so, PM me.
Closed Thread