Blowout Cards Forums
2017 FB

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > Sports & Politics

Notices

Sports & Politics This section is for all political sports talk. Regrettably we feel that in some instances there is no way to eliminate politics from football, basketball, and baseball hobbytalk. Do you pretend nothing is happening with the Warriors, Steelers, A's, etc? This section is for all political sports discussion. However, it is for civil discussion only. No insults aimed at members, political parties, or politicians will be tolerated. There is no warning. If you cannot be civil, you will lose your posting privileges on this site.

Old 12-06-2017, 02:13 AM   #551
green4407

“I say this as a person who receives credit for using my platform to protest systemic oppression, racialized injustice and and the dire consequences of anti-blackness in America,” Kaepernick said

Can someone explain this to me.
green4407 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 11:47 AM   #552
jcardstore

Quote:
Originally Posted by green4407 View Post
ďI say this as a person who receives credit for using my platform to protest systemic oppression, racialized injustice and and the dire consequences of anti-blackness in America,Ē Kaepernick said

He used his platform to
Quote:
protest systemic oppression, racialized injustice and and the dire consequences of anti-blackness in America
What's hard to understand about that?
Sour plans, plots and schemes, ripened fruit, rotten dreams
jcardstore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 12:06 PM   #553
green4407

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcardstore View Post
He used his platform to

What's hard to understand about that?
I'd just like to understand a detailed description of each of these "systemic oppression, racialized injustice and the dire consequences of anti-blackness".

I believe racialized injustice would be referring to the harsher sentences handed down to certain criminals with bias to their race. The other ones I'd like detailed examples of what these mean, so we can all better understand his cause.
Old 12-06-2017, 01:36 PM   #554
pgisback

Quote:
I'd just like to understand a detailed description of each of these "systemic oppression, racialized injustice and the dire consequences of anti-blackness".

I believe racialized injustice would be referring to the harsher sentences handed down to certain criminals with bias to their race. The other ones I'd like detailed examples of what these mean, so we can all better understand his cause.
My favorite is a recent Kevin Durant conversion. When asked about oppression...

"I didn’t have it as rough when it comes to that, as far as social or systematic oppression or any social issues. They didn’t really apply to me because I could put a ball in a basket."

-------------

So he tells the truth, then quickly reverts back to that annoying victim mentality line.

-------------

I was either always walking to the gym or I was always in the gym. I had friends that got into bad sh-t, as far as drugs, as far as hanging around the wrong crowds, as far as just trying to make money some way, because we’re stuck. It’s not necessarily a fact that we’re so in love with the bad sh-t, or the stuff that’s illegal, it’s just like, our people are taught to survive. So if you put us in a neighborhood, no resources, no help, nobody to just be there for us … what else can we do but make us some easy sh-t to make us some money?

------------

- So you're telling me, instead of selling drugs and being involved in criminal activity, if you consume your time with other stuff you don't feel oppressed in this country? Lol. What a shocker. The oppression they talk about is really just being poor.
Nikita Kucherov RCs/On Card Autos

Last edited by pgisback; 12-06-2017 at 01:39 PM.
pgisback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:51 AM   #555
briancecilrn

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgisback View Post

"I didnít have it as rough when it comes to that, as far as social or systematic oppression or any social issues. They didnít really apply to me because I could put a ball in a basket."

-------------

So he tells the truth, then quickly reverts back to that annoying victim mentality line.

-------------

I was either always walking to the gym or I was always in the gym. I had friends that got into bad sh-t, as far as drugs, as far as hanging around the wrong crowds, as far as just trying to make money some way, because weíre stuck. Itís not necessarily a fact that weíre so in love with the bad sh-t, or the stuff thatís illegal, itís just like, our people are taught to survive. So if you put us in a neighborhood, no resources, no help, nobody to just be there for us Ö what else can we do but make us some easy sh-t to make us some money?

------------

- So you're telling me, instead of selling drugs and being involved in criminal activity, if you consume your time with other stuff you don't feel oppressed in this country? Lol. What a shocker. The oppression they talk about is really just being poor.
And also seems not having parents there for them or raising them properly
Old 12-07-2017, 07:05 AM   #556
preakness

Quote:

"I didnít have it as rough when it comes to that, as far as social or systematic oppression or any social issues. They didnít really apply to me because I could put a ball in a basket."

-------------

-------------

I was either always walking to the gym or I was always in the gym. I had friends that got into bad sh-t, as far as drugs, as far as hanging around the wrong crowds, as far as just trying to make money some way, because weíre stuck. Itís not necessarily a fact that weíre so in love with the bad sh-t, or the stuff thatís illegal, itís just like, our people are taught to survive. So if you put us in a neighborhood, no resources, no help, nobody to just be there for us Ö what else can we do but make us some easy sh-t to make us some money?

------------

Maybe head out to the park with dad and shoot hoops
Have dad hit you some grounders
Those dads should be the ones that are there for you so that you donít get in trouble
Dadís and uncles are the ones who should be there for us
preakness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 07:19 AM   #557
pac213up

Quote:
The oppression they talk about is really just being poor.
No it is the history of unbalanced freedom which created the environment of poverty and continues to make it more difficult to succeed from those challenges. More doors are closed....harder to open...more obstacles in the way. Racism is alive and well. This thread sort of proves it as ignorance is bliss.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:13 AM   #558
preakness

^^^^

The man tried to keep my parents down but they overcame

The man wont keep me down

Education, family, doing what’s right, self reliance
preakness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:45 PM   #559
pgisback

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
No it is the history of unbalanced freedom which created the environment of poverty and continues to make it more difficult to succeed from those challenges. More doors are closed....harder to open...more obstacles in the way. Racism is alive and well. This thread sort of proves it as ignorance is bliss.
I treat everyone equally and blame criminals for committing crimes and parents for being terrible parents. Blaming people who aren't responsible for other peoples children is SJW crap. Kaepernick blaming white cops and white people in general for all the problems in the country is as racist as it gets. So you are correct there, racism is alive and well. I just wish the NFL wouldn't allow it.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:17 PM   #560
BGT Masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
Being in poverty is not an excuse for committing crimes this day and age and selling out your community just to get yours. The right way isn't often the easy way. You have two main types of people when facing adversities.............

This attitude just continues a generational cycle and dooms people from the start. Sure it might be a tougher road but fair or not, if you're willing to put in the extra work it takes to get there compared to someone with an easier path isn't it still worth doing compared to the alternative?

or this.........

The optimist who looks past adversity. Only asks that there be a chance to their ultimate goal and looks past the extra work it might take to get there. The road isn't always fair, people aren't always fair, and life isn't either. It sucks but it doesn't mean you still shouldn't try.
Old 12-07-2017, 06:18 PM   #561
duwal

Quote:
ďI say this as a person who receives credit for using my platform to protest systemic oppression, racialized injustice and and the dire consequences of anti-blackness in America,Ē Kaepernick said

No black friends around to explain it to you???
duwal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 07:28 PM   #562
GoTribe!!!
Temporarily Suspended

No worries

Last edited by GoTribe!!!; 12-07-2017 at 08:11 PM.
GoTribe!!! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:34 PM   #563
green4407

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal View Post
Nope, maybe you could ask your friends down there in Mountain View and get back to me.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:47 PM   #564
pingbling23

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal View Post
my friends disagree with the protests. but what do they know, they are hard working productive members of society so their opinion is useless. they came up in low income families, in KNOXVILLE..... im sure some people on this site wonder how a black person could survive in such a backwards redneck area (its really not just going with the stereotype). they chose not to live under the victim mentality and earned what they got just like my white (look brown) self has.
pingbling23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 10:47 AM   #565
Orangejello727

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingbling23 View Post
my friends disagree with the protests. but what do they know, they are hard working productive members of society so their opinion is useless. they came up in low income families, in KNOXVILLE..... im sure some people on this site wonder how a black person could survive in such a backwards redneck area (its really not just going with the stereotype). they chose not to live under the victim mentality and earned what they got just like my white (look brown) self has.
I watched the movie "Detroit" the other night. I highly recommend it for you.

I would almost agree with you that "anyone can make it with hard work"...if housing and school segregation, job exclusion, and police brutality didnt exist. Unfortunately it did and does.

Last edited by Orangejello727; 12-08-2017 at 10:50 AM.
Orangejello727 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:12 AM   #566
BGT Masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post

I would almost agree with you that "anyone can make it with hard work"...if housing and school segregation, job exclusion, and police brutality didnt exist. Unfortunately it did and does.
It would all depend on what each person's definition of making it is. If its an amazing job, in a rich house, with expensive things. Maybe not. If its a decent roof over your head, warm food in your belly everyday, clothes on your back and good company (friends/family). All earned in an honest manner, that to me is making it. Obtainable for everyone in this country if you want it.

Bolded included, my definition of making it can be anyone's in this country with hard work, a bit of persistence and good decisions.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:23 AM   #567
Orangejello727

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGT Masters View Post
It would all depend on what each person's definition of making it is. If its an amazing job, in a rich house, with expensive things. Maybe not. If its a decent roof over your head, warm food in your belly everyday, clothes on your back and good company (friends/family). All earned in an honest manner, that to me is making it. Obtainable for everyone in this country if you want it.

Bolded included, my definition of making it can be anyone's in this country with hard work, a bit of persistence and good decisions.
I truly believe the bolded issues in society above are more associated with wealth distribution than color/race.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:35 AM   #568
pingbling23

Quote:

It's exists for everybody, not just one demographic. That's life. Stop catering to the victim mindset. What does a movie that is based on something that happened almost 60 years ago have to do with current times? People have to stop using the past to justify laziness and poor morals of today. I've got Indian in my bloodline, it would be ridiculous for me to turn to a criminal lifestyle or not take care of my family, not go to school, not work etc and blame the way my ancestors were treated hundreds of years ago for my misfortunes.
pingbling23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:39 AM   #569
BGT Masters

Quote:
I truly believe the bolded issues in society above are more associated with wealth distribution than color/race.
I would agree with that.
Old 12-08-2017, 01:13 PM   #570
pgisback

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingbling23 View Post
It's exists for everybody, not just one demographic. That's life. Stop catering to the victim mindset. What does a movie that is based on something that happened almost 60 years ago have to do with current times? People have to stop using the past to justify laziness and poor morals of today. I've got Indian in my bloodline, it would be ridiculous for me to turn to a criminal lifestyle or not take care of my family, not go to school, not work etc and blame the way my ancestors were treated hundreds of years ago for my misfortunes.
100%. Victim mentality is the worst. Pretty much the whiny kneelers and their SJW supporters blame anybody and everybody other than the actual criminals and actual terrible parents for problems in those communities. It's ridiculous. And now even a known race baiting liar like Michael Bennett is up for NFL Man of the Year, lol. The NFL has gone full SJW.
Old 12-08-2017, 03:22 PM   #571
Orangejello727

Quote:
100%. Victim mentality is the worst. Pretty much the whiny kneelers and their SJW supporters blame anybody and everybody other than the actual criminals and actual terrible parents for problems in those communities. It's ridiculous. And now even a known race baiting liar like Michael Bennett is up for NFL Man of the Year, lol. The NFL has gone full SJW.
You are claiming Vetrans as victums to kneeling. So I assume their mentality is the worst too? Do you deny segregation, slavery and job exclusions? Is that what you are saying? Or are you suggesting such actions have left no impact on the current generation? Which one is it?

You and I both know privilege has never been fair and equal. You truly would have a point if everything was fair and equal. When you are given a 50 meter head start in a 100 meter dash, its considered a head start even though both participants are racing. I hope you understand this?

Last edited by Orangejello727; 12-08-2017 at 03:25 PM.
Old 12-08-2017, 04:14 PM   #572
pgisback

Quote:
You are claiming Vetrans as victums to kneeling. So I assume their mentality is the worst too? Do you deny segregation, slavery and job exclusions? Is that what you are saying? Or are you suggesting such actions have left no impact on the current generation? Which one is it?

You and I both know privilege has never been fair and equal. You truly would have a point if everything was fair and equal. When you are given a 50 meter head start in a 100 meter dash, its considered a head start even though both participants are racing. I hope you understand this?
Veterans as victims to kneeling? What does that even mean.

All I'm saying is, life is not supposed to be fair or equal. As long as the government doesn't suppress your rights, you are responsible for the results not society. Many people work very hard for very little and don't take up a life of crime and destruction. And instead of blaming the grown men committing the crimes, the NFL blames white cops and society. Pure victim mentality ignorance.
Old 12-08-2017, 04:28 PM   #573
Orangejello727

Quote:
Veterans as victims to kneeling? What does that even mean.

All I'm saying is, life is not supposed to be fair or equal. As long as the government doesn't suppress your rights, you are responsible for the results not society. Many people work very hard for very little and don't take up a life of crime and destruction. And instead of blaming the grown men committing the crimes, the NFL blames white cops and society. Pure victim mentality ignorance.
What do you think classifications and slavery were? They are forms of suppression. I understand its not your fault. Thats not the point though is it? The point is these actions last more than a generation. Even moreso it takes more generations to recover from it. Just as it takes more generations to get away from the mistakes we made in history. I just find it odd that history should be ignore for these suppression but we must remember others?

Maybe they are blaming cops for police brutality. Are they wrong? Yes or no? Does police brutality exist? Take your own advice and focus on this question instead of laying blame elsewhere. Does this brutality exist yes or no? If the answer is yes, then you should understand why they is a peaceful protest going on with kneeling in the NFL.

You are a victim if it happens. What you are suggesting it doesnt happen thus there are no victims? As for working hard and getting ahead? Sure so as long as you get a head start and always have!
Old 12-08-2017, 04:40 PM   #574
silverandblack

Quote:
What do you think classifications and slavery were? They are forms of suppression. I understand its not your fault. Thats not the point though is it? The point is these actions last more than a generation. Even moreso it takes more generations to recover from it. Just as it takes more generations to get away from the mistakes we made in history. I just find it odd that history should be ignore for these suppression but we must remember others?

Maybe they are blaming cops for police brutality. Are they wrong? Yes or no? Does police brutality exist? Take your own advice and focus on this question instead of laying blame elsewhere. Does this brutality exist yes or no? If the answer is yes, then you should understand why they is a peaceful protest going on with kneeling in the NFL.

You are a victim if it happens. What you are suggesting it doesnt happen thus there are no victims? As for working hard and getting ahead? Sure so as long as you get a head start and always have!
Of course police brutality exists but black people aren't the only people affected by it.

It's also a pretty big leap to say all white people had a head start.
silverandblack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 04:41 PM   #575
pac213up

Of course everyone can make it and there has to be personal accountability. That does not mean we ignore an uneven playing field.

The victim card does get overplayed but you know what....sometimes...and too often...the concern is real. Many doors have been opened, too many remain closed. As a society we should not accept anything less than freedom and justice for all - regardless of race, class, religion, sexual orientation, ect. There is no excuse for violence or ignorance.