Blowout Cards Forums
2017 FB

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > Sports & Politics

Notices

Sports & Politics This section is for all political sports talk. Regrettably we feel that in some instances there is no way to eliminate politics from football, basketball, and baseball hobbytalk. Do you pretend nothing is happening with the Warriors, Steelers, A's, etc? This section is for all political sports discussion. However, it is for civil discussion only. No insults aimed at members, political parties, or politicians will be tolerated. There is no warning. If you cannot be civil, you will lose your posting privileges on this site.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2017, 02:13 AM   #551
green4407
Member
 
green4407's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: NorCal
Posts: 947
Default

“I say this as a person who receives credit for using my platform to protest systemic oppression, racialized injustice and and the dire consequences of anti-blackness in America,” Kaepernick said

Can someone explain this to me.
__________________
Baseball: Eric Davis
Football: Denver Broncos
Basketball: UNLV Runnin' Rebels
green4407 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 11:47 AM   #552
jcardstore
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 7,015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by green4407 View Post
ďI say this as a person who receives credit for using my platform to protest systemic oppression, racialized injustice and and the dire consequences of anti-blackness in America,Ē Kaepernick said

Can someone explain this to me.
He used his platform to
Quote:
protest systemic oppression, racialized injustice and and the dire consequences of anti-blackness in America
What's hard to understand about that?
__________________
Thereís a past in the time capsule, I'm attracted to its shadow
Every last drip 'til I'm flat broke
Letís make this storm feel clean, coward man war machine
Sour plans, plots and schemes, ripened fruit, rotten dreams
jcardstore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 12:06 PM   #553
green4407
Member
 
green4407's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: NorCal
Posts: 947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcardstore View Post
He used his platform to

What's hard to understand about that?
I'd just like to understand a detailed description of each of these "systemic oppression, racialized injustice and the dire consequences of anti-blackness".

I believe racialized injustice would be referring to the harsher sentences handed down to certain criminals with bias to their race. The other ones I'd like detailed examples of what these mean, so we can all better understand his cause.
__________________
Baseball: Eric Davis
Football: Denver Broncos
Basketball: UNLV Runnin' Rebels
green4407 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 01:36 PM   #554
pgisback
Member
 
pgisback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Seattle
Posts: 12,324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by green4407 View Post
I'd just like to understand a detailed description of each of these "systemic oppression, racialized injustice and the dire consequences of anti-blackness".

I believe racialized injustice would be referring to the harsher sentences handed down to certain criminals with bias to their race. The other ones I'd like detailed examples of what these mean, so we can all better understand his cause.
My favorite is a recent Kevin Durant conversion. When asked about oppression...

"I didn’t have it as rough when it comes to that, as far as social or systematic oppression or any social issues. They didn’t really apply to me because I could put a ball in a basket."

-------------

So he tells the truth, then quickly reverts back to that annoying victim mentality line.

-------------

I was either always walking to the gym or I was always in the gym. I had friends that got into bad sh-t, as far as drugs, as far as hanging around the wrong crowds, as far as just trying to make money some way, because we’re stuck. It’s not necessarily a fact that we’re so in love with the bad sh-t, or the stuff that’s illegal, it’s just like, our people are taught to survive. So if you put us in a neighborhood, no resources, no help, nobody to just be there for us … what else can we do but make us some easy sh-t to make us some money?

------------

- So you're telling me, instead of selling drugs and being involved in criminal activity, if you consume your time with other stuff you don't feel oppressed in this country? Lol. What a shocker. The oppression they talk about is really just being poor.
__________________
Collecting:
Redskins RC Auto PC - 216/363 (59.5%)
Ben Gamel Bowman/BC/Heritage
Nikita Kucherov RCs/On Card Autos

Last edited by pgisback; 12-06-2017 at 01:39 PM.
pgisback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:51 AM   #555
briancecilrn
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,437
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgisback View Post
My favorite is a recent Kevin Durant conversion. When asked about oppression...

"I didnít have it as rough when it comes to that, as far as social or systematic oppression or any social issues. They didnít really apply to me because I could put a ball in a basket."

-------------

So he tells the truth, then quickly reverts back to that annoying victim mentality line.

-------------

I was either always walking to the gym or I was always in the gym. I had friends that got into bad sh-t, as far as drugs, as far as hanging around the wrong crowds, as far as just trying to make money some way, because weíre stuck. Itís not necessarily a fact that weíre so in love with the bad sh-t, or the stuff thatís illegal, itís just like, our people are taught to survive. So if you put us in a neighborhood, no resources, no help, nobody to just be there for us Ö what else can we do but make us some easy sh-t to make us some money?

------------

- So you're telling me, instead of selling drugs and being involved in criminal activity, if you consume your time with other stuff you don't feel oppressed in this country? Lol. What a shocker. The oppression they talk about is really just being poor.
And also seems not having parents there for them or raising them properly
__________________
I collect Kobe and Andre Drummond. PM me if you have any Drummond or low end Kobe cards.
briancecilrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 07:05 AM   #556
preakness
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: AFL / Spring Training land
Posts: 16,644
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgisback View Post
My favorite is a recent Kevin Durant conversion. When asked about oppression...

"I didnít have it as rough when it comes to that, as far as social or systematic oppression or any social issues. They didnít really apply to me because I could put a ball in a basket."

-------------

So he tells the truth, then quickly reverts back to that annoying victim mentality line.

-------------

I was either always walking to the gym or I was always in the gym. I had friends that got into bad sh-t, as far as drugs, as far as hanging around the wrong crowds, as far as just trying to make money some way, because weíre stuck. Itís not necessarily a fact that weíre so in love with the bad sh-t, or the stuff thatís illegal, itís just like, our people are taught to survive. So if you put us in a neighborhood, no resources, no help, nobody to just be there for us Ö what else can we do but make us some easy sh-t to make us some money?

------------

- So you're telling me, instead of selling drugs and being involved in criminal activity, if you consume your time with other stuff you don't feel oppressed in this country? Lol. What a shocker. The oppression they talk about is really just being poor.




Maybe head out to the park with dad and shoot hoops
Have dad hit you some grounders
Those dads should be the ones that are there for you so that you donít get in trouble
Dadís and uncles are the ones who should be there for us
preakness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 07:19 AM   #557
pac213up
Member
 
pac213up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,754
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgisback View Post
The oppression they talk about is really just being poor.
No it is the history of unbalanced freedom which created the environment of poverty and continues to make it more difficult to succeed from those challenges. More doors are closed....harder to open...more obstacles in the way. Racism is alive and well. This thread sort of proves it as ignorance is bliss.
__________________
"Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach
pac213up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:13 AM   #558
preakness
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: AFL / Spring Training land
Posts: 16,644
Default

^^^^

The man tried to keep my parents down but they overcame

The man wont keep me down

Education, family, doing what’s right, self reliance
preakness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:45 PM   #559
pgisback
Member
 
pgisback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Seattle
Posts: 12,324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
No it is the history of unbalanced freedom which created the environment of poverty and continues to make it more difficult to succeed from those challenges. More doors are closed....harder to open...more obstacles in the way. Racism is alive and well. This thread sort of proves it as ignorance is bliss.
I treat everyone equally and blame criminals for committing crimes and parents for being terrible parents. Blaming people who aren't responsible for other peoples children is SJW crap. Kaepernick blaming white cops and white people in general for all the problems in the country is as racist as it gets. So you are correct there, racism is alive and well. I just wish the NFL wouldn't allow it.
__________________
Collecting:
Redskins RC Auto PC - 216/363 (59.5%)
Ben Gamel Bowman/BC/Heritage
Nikita Kucherov RCs/On Card Autos
pgisback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 02:17 PM   #560
BGT Masters
Member
 
BGT Masters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wellsville, New York
Posts: 6,922
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
No it is the history of unbalanced freedom which created the environment of poverty and continues to make it more difficult to succeed from those challenges. More doors are closed....harder to open...more obstacles in the way. Racism is alive and well. This thread sort of proves it as ignorance is bliss.
Being in poverty is not an excuse for committing crimes this day and age and selling out your community just to get yours. The right way isn't often the easy way. You have two main types of people when facing adversities.............



This attitude just continues a generational cycle and dooms people from the start. Sure it might be a tougher road but fair or not, if you're willing to put in the extra work it takes to get there compared to someone with an easier path isn't it still worth doing compared to the alternative?

or this.........



The optimist who looks past adversity. Only asks that there be a chance to their ultimate goal and looks past the extra work it might take to get there. The road isn't always fair, people aren't always fair, and life isn't either. It sucks but it doesn't mean you still shouldn't try.
__________________
If you have less than 30 feedback or poor feedback I'm going to ask that you send first.
BGT Masters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 06:18 PM   #561
duwal
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,778
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by green4407 View Post
ďI say this as a person who receives credit for using my platform to protest systemic oppression, racialized injustice and and the dire consequences of anti-blackness in America,Ē Kaepernick said

Can someone explain this to me.

No black friends around to explain it to you???
duwal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 07:28 PM   #562
GoTribe!!!
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 4,024
Default

No worries
__________________
"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit"!
MH

Last edited by GoTribe!!!; 12-07-2017 at 08:11 PM.
GoTribe!!! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:34 PM   #563
green4407
Member
 
green4407's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: NorCal
Posts: 947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal View Post
No black friends around to explain it to you???
Nope, maybe you could ask your friends down there in Mountain View and get back to me.
__________________
Baseball: Eric Davis
Football: Denver Broncos
Basketball: UNLV Runnin' Rebels
green4407 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:47 PM   #564
pingbling23
Member
 
pingbling23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 7,717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal View Post
No black friends around to explain it to you???
my friends disagree with the protests. but what do they know, they are hard working productive members of society so their opinion is useless. they came up in low income families, in KNOXVILLE..... im sure some people on this site wonder how a black person could survive in such a backwards redneck area (its really not just going with the stereotype). they chose not to live under the victim mentality and earned what they got just like my white (look brown) self has.
pingbling23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 10:47 AM   #565
Orangejello727
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 15,867
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingbling23 View Post
my friends disagree with the protests. but what do they know, they are hard working productive members of society so their opinion is useless. they came up in low income families, in KNOXVILLE..... im sure some people on this site wonder how a black person could survive in such a backwards redneck area (its really not just going with the stereotype). they chose not to live under the victim mentality and earned what they got just like my white (look brown) self has.
I watched the movie "Detroit" the other night. I highly recommend it for you.

I would almost agree with you that "anyone can make it with hard work"...if housing and school segregation, job exclusion, and police brutality didnt exist. Unfortunately it did and does.

Last edited by Orangejello727; 12-08-2017 at 10:50 AM.
Orangejello727 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:12 AM   #566
BGT Masters
Member
 
BGT Masters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wellsville, New York
Posts: 6,922
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
I watched the movie "Detroit" the other night. I highly recommend it for you.

I would almost agree with you that "anyone can make it with hard work"...if housing and school segregation, job exclusion, and police brutality didnt exist. Unfortunately it did and does.
It would all depend on what each person's definition of making it is. If its an amazing job, in a rich house, with expensive things. Maybe not. If its a decent roof over your head, warm food in your belly everyday, clothes on your back and good company (friends/family). All earned in an honest manner, that to me is making it. Obtainable for everyone in this country if you want it.

Bolded included, my definition of making it can be anyone's in this country with hard work, a bit of persistence and good decisions.
__________________
If you have less than 30 feedback or poor feedback I'm going to ask that you send first.
BGT Masters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:23 AM   #567
Orangejello727
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 15,867
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGT Masters View Post
It would all depend on what each person's definition of making it is. If its an amazing job, in a rich house, with expensive things. Maybe not. If its a decent roof over your head, warm food in your belly everyday, clothes on your back and good company (friends/family). All earned in an honest manner, that to me is making it. Obtainable for everyone in this country if you want it.

Bolded included, my definition of making it can be anyone's in this country with hard work, a bit of persistence and good decisions.
I truly believe the bolded issues in society above are more associated with wealth distribution than color/race.
Orangejello727 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:35 AM   #568
pingbling23
Member
 
pingbling23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 7,717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
I watched the movie "Detroit" the other night. I highly recommend it for you.

I would almost agree with you that "anyone can make it with hard work"...if housing and school segregation, job exclusion, and police brutality didnt exist. Unfortunately it did and does.
It's exists for everybody, not just one demographic. That's life. Stop catering to the victim mindset. What does a movie that is based on something that happened almost 60 years ago have to do with current times? People have to stop using the past to justify laziness and poor morals of today. I've got Indian in my bloodline, it would be ridiculous for me to turn to a criminal lifestyle or not take care of my family, not go to school, not work etc and blame the way my ancestors were treated hundreds of years ago for my misfortunes.
pingbling23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:39 AM   #569
BGT Masters
Member
 
BGT Masters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wellsville, New York
Posts: 6,922
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
I truly believe the bolded issues in society above are more associated with wealth distribution than color/race.
I would agree with that.
__________________
If you have less than 30 feedback or poor feedback I'm going to ask that you send first.
BGT Masters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 01:13 PM   #570
pgisback
Member
 
pgisback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Seattle
Posts: 12,324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingbling23 View Post
It's exists for everybody, not just one demographic. That's life. Stop catering to the victim mindset. What does a movie that is based on something that happened almost 60 years ago have to do with current times? People have to stop using the past to justify laziness and poor morals of today. I've got Indian in my bloodline, it would be ridiculous for me to turn to a criminal lifestyle or not take care of my family, not go to school, not work etc and blame the way my ancestors were treated hundreds of years ago for my misfortunes.
100%. Victim mentality is the worst. Pretty much the whiny kneelers and their SJW supporters blame anybody and everybody other than the actual criminals and actual terrible parents for problems in those communities. It's ridiculous. And now even a known race baiting liar like Michael Bennett is up for NFL Man of the Year, lol. The NFL has gone full SJW.
__________________
Collecting:
Redskins RC Auto PC - 216/363 (59.5%)
Ben Gamel Bowman/BC/Heritage
Nikita Kucherov RCs/On Card Autos
pgisback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 03:22 PM   #571
Orangejello727
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 15,867
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgisback View Post
100%. Victim mentality is the worst. Pretty much the whiny kneelers and their SJW supporters blame anybody and everybody other than the actual criminals and actual terrible parents for problems in those communities. It's ridiculous. And now even a known race baiting liar like Michael Bennett is up for NFL Man of the Year, lol. The NFL has gone full SJW.
You are claiming Vetrans as victums to kneeling. So I assume their mentality is the worst too? Do you deny segregation, slavery and job exclusions? Is that what you are saying? Or are you suggesting such actions have left no impact on the current generation? Which one is it?

You and I both know privilege has never been fair and equal. You truly would have a point if everything was fair and equal. When you are given a 50 meter head start in a 100 meter dash, its considered a head start even though both participants are racing. I hope you understand this?

Last edited by Orangejello727; 12-08-2017 at 03:25 PM.
Orangejello727 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 04:14 PM   #572
pgisback
Member
 
pgisback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Seattle
Posts: 12,324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
You are claiming Vetrans as victums to kneeling. So I assume their mentality is the worst too? Do you deny segregation, slavery and job exclusions? Is that what you are saying? Or are you suggesting such actions have left no impact on the current generation? Which one is it?

You and I both know privilege has never been fair and equal. You truly would have a point if everything was fair and equal. When you are given a 50 meter head start in a 100 meter dash, its considered a head start even though both participants are racing. I hope you understand this?
Veterans as victims to kneeling? What does that even mean.

All I'm saying is, life is not supposed to be fair or equal. As long as the government doesn't suppress your rights, you are responsible for the results not society. Many people work very hard for very little and don't take up a life of crime and destruction. And instead of blaming the grown men committing the crimes, the NFL blames white cops and society. Pure victim mentality ignorance.
__________________
Collecting:
Redskins RC Auto PC - 216/363 (59.5%)
Ben Gamel Bowman/BC/Heritage
Nikita Kucherov RCs/On Card Autos
pgisback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 04:28 PM   #573
Orangejello727
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 15,867
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgisback View Post
Veterans as victims to kneeling? What does that even mean.

All I'm saying is, life is not supposed to be fair or equal. As long as the government doesn't suppress your rights, you are responsible for the results not society. Many people work very hard for very little and don't take up a life of crime and destruction. And instead of blaming the grown men committing the crimes, the NFL blames white cops and society. Pure victim mentality ignorance.
What do you think classifications and slavery were? They are forms of suppression. I understand its not your fault. Thats not the point though is it? The point is these actions last more than a generation. Even moreso it takes more generations to recover from it. Just as it takes more generations to get away from the mistakes we made in history. I just find it odd that history should be ignore for these suppression but we must remember others?

Maybe they are blaming cops for police brutality. Are they wrong? Yes or no? Does police brutality exist? Take your own advice and focus on this question instead of laying blame elsewhere. Does this brutality exist yes or no? If the answer is yes, then you should understand why they is a peaceful protest going on with kneeling in the NFL.

You are a victim if it happens. What you are suggesting it doesnt happen thus there are no victims? As for working hard and getting ahead? Sure so as long as you get a head start and always have!
Orangejello727 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 04:40 PM   #574
silverandblack
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
What do you think classifications and slavery were? They are forms of suppression. I understand its not your fault. Thats not the point though is it? The point is these actions last more than a generation. Even moreso it takes more generations to recover from it. Just as it takes more generations to get away from the mistakes we made in history. I just find it odd that history should be ignore for these suppression but we must remember others?

Maybe they are blaming cops for police brutality. Are they wrong? Yes or no? Does police brutality exist? Take your own advice and focus on this question instead of laying blame elsewhere. Does this brutality exist yes or no? If the answer is yes, then you should understand why they is a peaceful protest going on with kneeling in the NFL.

You are a victim if it happens. What you are suggesting it doesnt happen thus there are no victims? As for working hard and getting ahead? Sure so as long as you get a head start and always have!
Of course police brutality exists but black people aren't the only people affected by it.

It's also a pretty big leap to say all white people had a head start.
silverandblack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 04:41 PM   #575
pac213up
Member
 
pac213up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,754
Default

Of course everyone can make it and there has to be personal accountability. That does not mean we ignore an uneven playing field.

The victim card does get overplayed but you know what....sometimes...and too often...the concern is real. Many doors have been opened, too many remain closed. As a society we should not accept anything less than freedom and justice for all - regardless of race, class, religion, sexual orientation, ect. There is no excuse for violence or ignorance.
__________________
"Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach
pac213up is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.