Blowout Cards Forums
2017 Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2017, 09:07 PM   #276
cruiserdaddy7
Member
 
cruiserdaddy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 11,878
Default

Looks like fanatics have sold 501 boxes. Don't rely on them to always ship what they sell. I've had a bad experience with them canceling an order as have many others
__________________
Show me your friends and I'll show you your future.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 09:09 PM   #277
RogerGodahell
Member
 
RogerGodahell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Dilly Dilly
Posts: 8,290
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBeavs View Post
You guys are too funny. I think I did develop a cough, and left a little early. I jumped on here to confirm that YES there are Silvers. Only opened 2 fat packs so far, and got a Silver & Green in each. The big news (at least to me) is that RWB is back as the Starburst. I see it already got posted though. I'll post some pics when I finish the first box.
Good luck!
__________________
🐐
BRADY

I clect football cards...and Jayson Tatum
RogerGodahell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 09:10 PM   #278
Andy5
Member
 
Andy5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,305
Default

Oh man the RWB are fugly.
__________________
Andrew Nicholson Collector. 278 unique cards obtained (Excluding printing plates).
Andy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 09:13 PM   #279
COMCMax
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,073
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy5 View Post
Oh man the RWB are fugly.
Yea, those are a little rough. Green looks nice.
COMCMax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 09:22 PM   #280
brandt12
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 65
Default

There is a Markkanen auto listed also
brandt12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 09:46 PM   #281
GoBeavs
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Corvallis, OR
Posts: 3,762
Default

That was a brutal box. According to printed odds (1:4), I should have got 9 base greens, plus a couple inserts. I only got 3 base & 1 insert. Also didn't get many regular inserts (7). Over a half-dozen packs had no non-base cards, although the printing on the wrapper says that none should happen. Hit no autos or Red Pulsars.

I did get the correct number of Silvers (18 based on 1:2) at least. Sadly only one RC (Dorsey). Lebron was the best there.

I don't know they're calling them RWBs again. There's no White on the non-RCs.

I'll try one more box, but at some point, the price I could get flipping sealed is going to start getting louder.

I will be selling most at some point, but won't have prices for a while. Send an offer if you're interested, and want quicker feedback.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171206_0002.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	801.6 KB
ID:	397472   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171206_0001.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	1,008.0 KB
ID:	397473  
__________________
I collect all Oregon State alumni.
GoBeavs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 10:17 PM   #282
GoBeavs
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Corvallis, OR
Posts: 3,762
Default

Either the printed odds are grossly misstated, or my batch was mispacked. 2nd box again only had 3 base Greens. And inserts were again hard to come by. 12 packs (out of 36) were all base. I'm curious to hear how other's breaks go. At least this card is very pretty.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171206_0004.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	433.1 KB
ID:	397475  
__________________
I collect all Oregon State alumni.
GoBeavs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 10:32 PM   #283
ThoseBackPages
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 15,834
Default

never count on anything but base and RW&B when opening value packs
__________________
clectors proclaim "the hobby is dead"
Collecting: FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS is key.

PSA
ThoseBackPages is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 10:40 PM   #284
ohiomike
Member
 
ohiomike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 4,086
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBeavs View Post
Either the printed odds are grossly misstated, or my batch was mispacked. 2nd box again only had 3 base Greens. And inserts were again hard to come by. 12 packs (out of 36) were all base. I'm curious to hear how other's breaks go. At least this card is very pretty.
18 silvers again in box #2? Any rookie silvers?

It would be weird if the silvers are stated as 1:2, but could the 1:4 for the greens be referring to the cello packs, and not the individual packs? If so, then 3 greens per box would be right on the money [4 cellos = 12 individual packs]. But if the same wrapper has a 1:2 referring to individual packs AND 1:4 referring to complete cello packs, that would be highly misleading.

Either way though, if these are delivering 18 silvers per box, thats like 3 hobby boxes worth of silvers for way less than the price of 1 hobby box.
__________________
Find me at SPORTLOTS.COM - OHIOMIKE
Domestic orders over 50 cards ship ABSOLUTELY FREE with me, copy and paste this URL:

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 11:26 PM   #285
GoBeavs
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Corvallis, OR
Posts: 3,762
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomike View Post
18 silvers again in box #2? Any rookie silvers?

It would be weird if the silvers are stated as 1:2, but could the 1:4 for the greens be referring to the cello packs, and not the individual packs? If so, then 3 greens per box would be right on the money [4 cellos = 12 individual packs]. But if the same wrapper has a 1:2 referring to individual packs AND 1:4 referring to complete cello packs, that would be highly misleading.

Either way though, if these are delivering 18 silvers per box, thats like 3 hobby boxes worth of silvers for way less than the price of 1 hobby box.
Yes. 18 base Silvers in every box (plus one insert). The RCs are dropping better after that first box; about 4-5. Though I still haven't hit one of the big name guys.

You're right in that if the odds were per Cello, they'd be more accurate. They are printed the same on both the Cello wrapper & the individual pack wrapper. Yet they are coming out as per pack for Silvers & RWBs. Very confusing for sure.

It's probably good that have a better chance to hit some big silvers to cash in. However, I personally like the Greens better.
__________________
I collect all Oregon State alumni.

Last edited by GoBeavs; 12-06-2017 at 11:29 PM.
GoBeavs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 11:32 PM   #286
Fiskeryang
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBeavs View Post
Yes. 18 base Silvers in every box (plus one insert). The RCs are dropping better after that first box; about 4-5. Though I still haven't hit one of the big name guys.

You're right in that if the odds were per Cello, they'd be more accurate. They are printed the same on both the Cello wrapper & the individual pack wrapper. Yet they are coming out as per pack for Silvers & RWBs. Very confusing for sure.

It's probably good that have a better chance to hit some big silvers to cash in. However, I personally like the Greens better.
retail is 36 packs per box? i thought it was 24 lol
Fiskeryang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 11:38 PM   #287
brandt12
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 65
Default

These were fat packs not regular retail box
brandt12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 07:41 AM   #288
COMCMax
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,073
Default

Starting to see some retail stuff listed. Going to check my Targets/Walmarts today just in case
COMCMax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 07:57 AM   #289
notfast
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: MD
Posts: 275
Default

So is this a target only deal? Or walmarts too?
__________________
WANTED:--2017 Bowman Chrome Prospects TIRSO ORNELAS #BCP187
--2016 Bowman Draft/Prospects JOMAR REYES

Red Ref #/5 & Superfractor 1/1
notfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:14 AM   #290
blackandgold
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lockport La
Posts: 5,005
Default

I donít usually do basketball but I got on the Prizm hype last year with Simmons Whatís the Big hype this year Lonzo Ball? Is it the Siilver refractors? Explain please
blackandgold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:23 AM   #291
COMCMax
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,073
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandgold View Post
I don’t usually do basketball but I got on the Prizm hype last year with Simmons What’s the Big hype this year Lonzo Ball? Is it the Siilver refractors? Explain please
Silvers are hot as expected...Ball, Mitchell, DSJ, Kuzma, Fox, Tatum, Fultz, and Markkanen are some of the top names to look for.
COMCMax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:19 AM   #292
messier2
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 7,033
Default

So my blaster case is on the road in Florida. Crickets on my 10 box retail purchase...a little worried but will call them tomorrow if I don’t hear anything today.
messier2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:29 AM   #293
COMCMax
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,073
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by messier2 View Post
So my blaster case is on the road in Florida. Crickets on my 10 box retail purchase...a little worried but will call them tomorrow if I don’t hear anything today.
Still waiting on these guys? Me to..Let me know if you hear something. I imagine they got hammered yesterday ,so I'm gonna give them a few days.

2017-18 Panini Prizm Basketball Factory Sealed 24 Pack Box - Fanatics
COMCMax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:32 AM   #294
Boo
Member
 
Boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 15,720
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Looks like fanatics have sold 501 boxes. Don't rely on them to always ship what they sell. I've had a bad experience with them canceling an order as have many others
Quote:
Originally Posted by COMCMax View Post
Still waiting on these guys? Me to..Let me know if you hear something. I imagine they got hammered yesterday ,so I'm gonna give them a few days.

2017-18 Panini Prizm Basketball Factory Sealed 24 Pack Box - Fanatics
See above
__________________
CheckOutMyCards ID = klay22
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:32 AM   #295
COMCMax
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,073
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
See above
Yea, I saw it. A few people have got tracking from them. We'll see.
COMCMax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:49 AM   #296
RetailChamp
Member
 
RetailChamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 2,492
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMCMax View Post
Still waiting on these guys? Me to..Let me know if you hear something. I imagine they got hammered yesterday ,so I'm gonna give them a few days.

2017-18 Panini Prizm Basketball Factory Sealed 24 Pack Box - Fanatics
Not only did I get tracking from these guys, but I just got a notice from FedEx that my package will be delivered TODAY

Absolutely sucks because I work two jobs during the week, so I won't be home to receive it
__________________
Flickr: bit.ly/chinnery23Pics
RetailChamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:56 AM   #297
phil
Member
 
phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by messier2 View Post
Crickets on my 10 box retail purchase...

Local distributor said 24 pack hadn't even shipped from Panini as of yesterday, just blasters and cellos, so no worries yet.
phil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:25 AM   #298
messier2
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 7,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil View Post
Local distributor said 24 pack hadn't even shipped from Panini as of yesterday, just blasters and cellos, so no worries yet.
I see above that some who ordered the 24 pack box received their tracking info already...
messier2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:26 AM   #299
JCC6603
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Knoxville TN
Posts: 1,015
Default

Those greens look awesome....especially the Tatum!
JCC6603 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:34 AM   #300
kraigmf
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 142
Default

I ordered a 24 pack box yesterday and have tracking. My tracking is saying that it should be delivered tomorrow. I ordered through ebay and directly through their website, so I'll keep an update with what gets delivered first.

Last edited by kraigmf; 12-07-2017 at 11:01 AM.
kraigmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.