Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback & Hobby Scams

Notices

Member Sales/Trade Feedback & Hobby Scams Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2013, 08:37 PM   #1
trouts2

Send a message via AIM to trouts2
Default block this ebayer

save yourself the troubles and potential headaches by blocking ebay user id "wegotstock99"

Back when National Treasures first came out, I had listed my Kenneth Faried RPA on ebay and had countered the buyer with a higher offer of $475. To my surprise, the buyer accepted the offer however did not pay for the card until 4-5 days afterwards. During this time frame, other similar cards have sold in the $300s or less maybe, so I just figured that the buyer would not pay for it, but surprisingly, I received my money and I shipped off the card like I usually would.

2-3 weeks later, sometime in late August, early September, I received a UPS package that contained my Faried card. No letter was written, no communication was given to me from the buyer, etc. I inspected the card, it looks fine, no damage, so I figure the buyer just had buyers remorse and wanted to return the card.

Fast forward to the present, the buyer filed a chargeback with paypal, exactly 45 days after the card was originally bought. I believe 45 is the amount of time a buyer has to file a claim. I have sent this guy a couple messages already asking why the card was returned but I have not received a reply.

So essentially, I have lost out on a couple hundred bucks for the card. I'm glad I have the card back at least, but at least send me a message to let me know what happened. Instead, I just got my card back, no notice, just a chargeback. I feel that this was shady and bad business practice. If you have buyers remorse, at least have the decency to tell the seller EARLY on instead of waiting out 5-6 weeks.