big game 2018

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

Notices

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 01-16-2018, 09:27 AM   #51
Wrigs37

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazygambler View Post
I think that is because everyone that bought in early trying to make a BIG profit was not expecting him to get traded to the Yankees nor have a second prospect auto in a Yankees uni rather than immiediately a RC logo in a Yankees uni. So now you have a lot of big time non collectors with a lot of money sunk into his less appealing Cubs uni auto so they are trying their hardest to pump it as "THE CARD". Let's be honest , if your a collector and a fan of Yankees cards, why in the hell would you want his auto in a Cubs uni? It doesn't have a RC logo so who cares? I think certain markets have a fan base that actually care more about their player in their teams uniform vs a version that people tell others is THE one just because it says "1st Prospect auto".

In short - lots of people dumped when he got traded to the Yankees and made great profit. The people that bought at this time felt it was an amazing buy as he just entered one of the only markets bigger than the Cubs. Topps puts out another prospect auto of him in a Yankees uni and all current investors panic. Only thing to do is pump to the public the atrocious 15 Bowman Cubs auto is the go to
What?? Collectors/Flippers pay the premium for the 15 because itís his 1st BC Auto... Why donít people understand 1st Bowman Chrome Autos are THE CARD to have, even if the player has changed teams...

The one example that contradicts this is Kris Bryantís 13 BC being released after his 14 1st Bowman Chrome was already on the market...

Torres top card/most valuable card is and will always be his 1st BC in a Cubs uni...
Old 01-16-2018, 10:23 AM   #52
lazygambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrigs37 View Post
What?? Collectors/Flippers pay the premium for the 15 because itís his 1st BC Auto... Why donít people understand 1st Bowman Chrome Autos are THE CARD to have, even if the player has changed teams...

The one example that contradicts this is Kris Bryantís 13 BC being released after his 14 1st Bowman Chrome was already on the market...

Torres top card/most valuable card is and will always be his 1st BC in a Cubs uni...
It is his first, so it is where the most money has been pumped into by the big buyers. Of course investors want that card to maintain as the top dog, and for the time being it is. However, if Gleyber comes out of the gate on fire the 17s will explode because unlike a lot of players, the investors will be competing with fans and clectors heavily. I'm not saying they will surpass the 15s because of the money people already have in them, but I see the 17s taking a huge leap with a productive start to the season.

Interesting Scenerio to throw around if anyone wants to give it a thought - Say Gleyber tears it up for 3-5 years and for the first time in prospecting the second Bowman prospect auto surpasses the monetary value of the 1st Bowman auto. Then, he gets traded back to the Cubs in a blockbuster deal after a down year. He comes back and is once again very successful. Would yankees fans still collect him enough to keep the 2017 as The One, or would Cubs nation come in and throw the smack down?
Old 01-16-2018, 07:12 PM   #53
dasiegel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrigs37 View Post

yea even with that Bryant example it shows the earlier year is preferred.
Old 01-17-2018, 04:37 AM   #54
devo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazygambler View Post
I think that is because everyone that bought in early trying to make a BIG profit was not expecting him to get traded to the Yankees nor have a second prospect auto in a Yankees uni rather than immiediately a RC logo in a Yankees uni. So now you have a lot of big time non collectors with a lot of money sunk into his less appealing Cubs uni auto so they are trying their hardest to pump it as "THE CARD". Let's be honest , if your a collector and a fan of Yankees cards, why in the hell would you want his auto in a Cubs uni? It doesn't have a RC logo so who cares? I think certain markets have a fan base that actually care more about their player in their teams uniform vs a version that people tell others is THE one just because it says "1st Prospect auto".

In short - lots of people dumped when he got traded to the Yankees and made great profit. The people that bought at this time felt it was an amazing buy as he just entered one of the only markets bigger than the Cubs. Topps puts out another prospect auto of him in a Yankees uni and all current investors panic. Only thing to do is pump to the public the atrocious 15 Bowman Cubs auto is the go to
I believe you’re overthinking this a tad.

The 15 is the most desirable/valuable because it was his first. It’s really as simple as that.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:18 AM   #55
notfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dictoresno View Post
Damn. Was there a video or link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Check out g1_cards on instagram. No clue what break it was...
Old 01-19-2018, 05:30 PM   #56
Remmons22

Will he have a 2018 heritage real one and if so what do people think it'll go for?
Old 01-19-2018, 05:31 PM   #57
ThoseBackPages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remmons22 View Post
Will he have a 2018 heritage real one and if so what do people think it'll go for?
should be in high numbers and go for a lot

PSA
ThoseBackPages is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 10:14 PM   #58
LVDan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remmons22 View Post

No doubt that will depend on performance between now and then
Somewhere between $30 and $300 For a base?

LVDan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 11:14 PM   #59
gamboooler

I will be a buyer on Gleyber. My preference would be:

RC logo stuff > 2015 BC auto >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> his Yankee prospect stuff

Would never pay a premium for the non-1st stuff in a Yankee uni. But that's just me. Only reason to buy that stuff is to flip it when he gets called up before he has actual RC logo cards.

EDIT: Obviously if you just like collecting the guy, that would be a reason to go after the 2016-17 Yankees cards. Didn't mean to be negative towards that. Was speaking purely in terms of long-term value.

Last edited by gamboooler; 01-19-2018 at 11:42 PM.
gamboooler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 09:47 PM   #60
dictoresno

Quote:
Originally Posted by notfast View Post
Check out g1_cards on instagram. No clue what break it was...

Just looked this up. They pulled the 2017 Bowman Chrome Draft super, not the regular Chrome one that I got.

Last edited by dictoresno; 01-20-2018 at 11:36 PM.
dictoresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 10:18 PM   #61
texmcpherson

Anthony Rizzo’s 2010 Bowman Chrome autos and non autos in Red Sox uni’s sell well as does the 2011 Update RC for the Padres. I don’t see how the 2015 Auto would remotely be an issue unless it’s specific to a collector that only collects their teams uniformed cards.

http://s1296.photobucket.com/user/texmcpherson1994/library/?sort=3&page=1
-Also have tons of RC's not pictured, just ask!
texmcpherson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 10:38 PM   #62
Natethegreat

I don't think most of you have ever been to a show in New York. If this guy turns out to be the real deal, I expect 2017 autos to be in stronger demand than 2015 with the Yankees fan base.

I am not saying the 2015 will not hold their value but the New York fans are going to be after the ones with the pinstripes while your Chrome auto collectors will stick with the first card autos.
Natethegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 08:12 AM   #63
Remmons22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natethegreat View Post
I don't think most of you have ever been to a show in New York. If this guy turns out to be the real deal, I expect 2017 autos to be in stronger demand than 2015 with the Yankees fan base.

I am not saying the 2015 will not hold their value but the New York fans are going to be after the ones with the pinstripes while your Chrome auto collectors will stick with the first card autos.
I'm a new York fan and I'd rather have his 2015 auto, thats the one to have always has been always will be. If someone can point out a time when a second prospect auto outsold it's bowman 1st auto counter part than I might believe these statements. The way I see it the cards to have are the bowman 1st auto, heritage real one RC card then bowman chrome rc auto.
Old 01-21-2018, 09:49 PM   #64
dasiegel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natethegreat View Post

You don't have to know NY, you have to know cards. While the Yankees cards will have more value than the average team's 1st team autos, the card to get will still be 15 in the Cubs uni.

A big Anthony Rizzo fan will still want his 2010 card even though he's in a Sox not a Cubs uni. They will supplement their PCs with the other stuff but scarcity of the older stuff and value will even trump the market.
Old 01-21-2018, 11:50 PM   #65
ScooterD

Hedging my bets... Elite is 10/10 and both Bowmanís are refractors /499

ScooterD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:12 AM   #66
moosetequila

It really doesn't matter, both cards have value.