Blowout Cards Forums
star wars

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

Notices

FOOTBALL Post your Football Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2018, 02:00 PM   #126
hofcollector2
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,475
Default

Brady's been the Goat, I'm surprised the poster is just now realizing it. The more people deny it the more dumb they sound.
hofcollector2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 02:57 PM   #127
blackbears86
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: maine
Posts: 5,245
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisty571 View Post
I am of the opposite thinking. Otto was great for his time and so was Bobby Layne. Bobby was a better passer IMO but I do not think either are winning 3-4 Championships in todays game like they did back then. The game is just faster/bigger & more cerebral than it ever was. Could Otto learn it and thrive in it because if you are just using his stats he would be a back up at best. It does matter that the guys he played against worked the night before in a factory and tired himself out but showed up to play to make some extra money as opposed to spending all week scheming and planning and learning a game plan and resting/healing up.
Twisty: Your just wasting your breath. That guys been going on about Otto Graham for the last 3+ years.

In his eyes Brady could win the next three SB's, cure cancer, and defuse the North Korean situation and he still wouldn't be as good as otto graham.
blackbears86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 02:58 PM   #128
BostonNut
Member
 
BostonNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 33,640
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbears86 View Post
Twisty: Your just wasting your breath. That guys been going on about Otto Graham for the last 3+ years.

In his eyes Brady could win the next three SB's, cure cancer, and defuse the North Korean situation and he still wouldn't be as good as otto graham.
But Graham made it to 10 championship games!!!

(Hopefully nobody informs bojesphob that Brady has made it to 12...)
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 03:14 PM   #129
haldcottingham
Member
 
haldcottingham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 8
Default

[QUOTE=gorillaz;13169515]sure you
I concur


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
haldcottingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 03:18 PM   #130
bojesphob
Member
 
bojesphob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbears86 View Post
Twisty: Your just wasting your breath. That guys been going on about Otto Graham for the last 3+ years.

In his eyes Brady could win the next three SB's, cure cancer, and defuse the North Korean situation and he still wouldn't be as good as otto graham.
Although I don't necessarily agree with Twisty on the matter, I do appreciate his ability to discuss the matter without going overboard with the hyperbole. He has good points, and I won't dismiss them even if I don't completely agree. I've always felt that Otto Graham was ahead of his time in the game, not just the past 3 years, and I'm not even a Browns fan.

That said, I don't worship at the alter of Brady, so it would (rightfully so) take a lot for me to argue for his GOATness.
__________________
2014 Prizm Packers: 386/408 - 94.61% (expt Rodgers autos)
2015 Prizm Packers: 208/227 - 92.07% (expt Majk autos)
bojesphob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 03:25 PM   #131
blackbears86
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: maine
Posts: 5,245
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojesphob View Post
Although I don't necessarily agree with Twisty on the matter, I do appreciate his ability to discuss the matter without going overboard with the hyperbole. He has good points, and I won't dismiss them even if I don't completely agree. I've always felt that Otto Graham was ahead of his time in the game, not just the past 3 years, and I'm not even a Browns fan.

That said, I don't worship at the alter of Brady, so it would (rightfully so) take a lot for me to argue for his GOATness.

Well, your in the minority. Even his own peers/past players are calling him the best QB ever, this includes hall of famers, etc. He holds just about every conceivable record for a QB and he's not done yet.

It says a lot when people that absolutely HATE Brady admit he is the best.
blackbears86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 03:28 PM   #132
jjeanius
Member
 
jjeanius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nashvegas
Posts: 1,287
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojesphob View Post
Why does it matter that guys playing back then worked other jobs, just out of curiosity? Not that it would change my answer.

As to whether he would be better, yeah, he probably would be. Why? Because if he were playing now, he would be doing EXACTLY the same things that these guys do to be competitive. Why wouldn't he? Being a great leader doesn't come from being faster or bigger, it comes from being a good leader. Graham worked with what he had, and not only did well, but he defined success. Still does, for that matter. The game has changed, sure, but that doesn't negate what he did. I'd actually say that working in a factory THEN going and playing professional football is a bit harder overall than getting paid millions of dollars working out all day. Yes, the act of playing is a bit tougher now, but the guys back then couldn't rely on a million dollar a week paycheck to make ends meet.
Im sorry.. what...?!? Being a great leader comes from being a good leader? Is that how it works?
jjeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 03:30 PM   #133
bojesphob
Member
 
bojesphob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbears86 View Post
Well, your in the minority. Even his own peers/past players are calling him the best QB ever, this includes hall of famers, etc. He holds just about every conceivable record for a QB and he's not done yet.

It says a lot when people that absolutely HATE Brady admit he is the best.
Doesn't bother me in the slightest. Of course, I don't mind having differing opinions from what everybody else has.
__________________
2014 Prizm Packers: 386/408 - 94.61% (expt Rodgers autos)
2015 Prizm Packers: 208/227 - 92.07% (expt Majk autos)
bojesphob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 03:34 PM   #134
bojesphob
Member
 
bojesphob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeanius View Post
Im sorry.. what...?!? Being a great leader comes from being a good leader? Is that how it works?
Sometimes my brain moves faster than my fingers can type. The gist is there, but the articulation isn't. How about this: Being a great leader doesn't come from being faster or stronger, you either are a great leader or you're not.


Hmmm... maybe that's still not quite the jive I'm going for. How about: you become a great leader, regardless of what era of the game you play in, and isn't really dependent on just skills or physical strength. Leadership in the past would equate to leadership now.
__________________
2014 Prizm Packers: 386/408 - 94.61% (expt Rodgers autos)
2015 Prizm Packers: 208/227 - 92.07% (expt Majk autos)
bojesphob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 03:37 PM   #135
SirTommyWinAlot
Member
 
SirTommyWinAlot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Gillette Stadium/Foxboro
Posts: 2,121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojesphob View Post
Sometimes my brain moves faster than my fingers can type. The gist is there, but the articulation isn't. How about this: Being a great leader doesn't come from being faster or stronger, you either are a great leader or you're not.


Hmmm... maybe that's still not quite the jive I'm going for. How about: you become a great leader, regardless of what era of the game you play in, and isn't really dependent on just skills or physical strength. Leadership in the past would equate to leadership now.
what brain?
__________________
Mookie Betts: The Best Player in MLB Today
Sir Tommy's At Bat Song: Kavinsky - Nightcall
Full Time Helicopter Hog Hunter using FN SCAR 17S
Unofficial spokesman of the Boston Red Sox
SirTommyWinAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 03:39 PM   #136
bojesphob
Member
 
bojesphob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirTommyWinAlot View Post
what brain?
While I can't verify that I'm not crazy (my wife accuses me of being just that rather regularly), you can't be stupid to come up with the stuff that I do
__________________
2014 Prizm Packers: 386/408 - 94.61% (expt Rodgers autos)
2015 Prizm Packers: 208/227 - 92.07% (expt Majk autos)
bojesphob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 03:41 PM   #137
twisty571
Member
 
twisty571's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 7,304
Default

It's cool Bo, we all have differing opinions about different players. I just wanted to understand your side a little
__________________
Collecting: Matthew Stafford & Brad Kaaya
twisty571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 03:43 PM   #138
SirTommyWinAlot
Member
 
SirTommyWinAlot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Gillette Stadium/Foxboro
Posts: 2,121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojesphob View Post
While I can't verify that I'm not crazy (my wife accuses me of being just that rather regularly), you can't be stupid to come up with the stuff that I do
I invite your wife to come on here and read your posts. She might just make the move to commit you to a hospital.
__________________
Mookie Betts: The Best Player in MLB Today
Sir Tommy's At Bat Song: Kavinsky - Nightcall
Full Time Helicopter Hog Hunter using FN SCAR 17S
Unofficial spokesman of the Boston Red Sox
SirTommyWinAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 03:48 PM   #139
bojesphob
Member
 
bojesphob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirTommyWinAlot View Post
I invite your wife to come on here and read your posts. She might just make the move to commit you to a hospital.
She actually agrees with my thoughts on the NFL, so she may not be a good judge in that regard LOL
__________________
2014 Prizm Packers: 386/408 - 94.61% (expt Rodgers autos)
2015 Prizm Packers: 208/227 - 92.07% (expt Majk autos)
bojesphob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 04:48 PM   #140
jcard71
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 67
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4kinsler View Post
I am definitely with you on this. I hate Brady. I hate that he keeps making it back to the top. It's like the Lebron of football. Always in the championship.

Still IMO, though, not the GOAT. Will never be.
Reading Patriots Haters posts is one of the most entertaining part of this forum...
jcard71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 04:53 PM   #141
RogerGodahell
Member
 
RogerGodahell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Any Questions?
Posts: 10,999
Default

How can he not be the GOAT? He's got almost every record and won more super bowls and been in twice as many as the next closest guy. It's not even a debate anymore. It was an arguable debate several years ago. Now it's a landslide victory unanimous decision.
__________________
CHECK OUT MY COMC STORE
<-------------------------------
\_(ツ)_/
RogerGodahell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 04:57 PM   #142
bojesphob
Member
 
bojesphob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,799
Default

Quote:
How can he not be the GOTSBE (Greatest of the Super Bowl Era)?
I would agree with this modification.

__________________
2014 Prizm Packers: 386/408 - 94.61% (expt Rodgers autos)
2015 Prizm Packers: 208/227 - 92.07% (expt Majk autos)
bojesphob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 05:15 PM   #143
jasonm2121
Member
 
jasonm2121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: GOAT City
Posts: 7,375
Default

Really need to see more out of Brady.
jasonm2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 05:28 PM   #144
jcard71
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 67
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonm2121 View Post
Really need to see more out of Brady.
jcard71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 05:32 PM   #145
jasonm2121
Member
 
jasonm2121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: GOAT City
Posts: 7,375
Default

This Tom Brady fella, I dunno, Montana did it all alone, he is clearly the best.
jasonm2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 06:45 PM   #146
duwal
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 10,377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
But Graham made it to 10 championship games!!!

(Hopefully nobody informs bojesphob that Brady has made it to 12...)

Tom probably would have made it to a couple more if he played in a league like Otto where only 8-12 teams were in action each year
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 07:05 PM   #147
bojesphob
Member
 
bojesphob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal View Post
Tom probably would have made it to a couple more if he played in a league like Otto where only 8-12 teams were in action each year
Wouldn't that make the players playing better and not worse? Lessteams means more competiton for spots on the team. But yeah, only modern era means anything
__________________
2014 Prizm Packers: 386/408 - 94.61% (expt Rodgers autos)
2015 Prizm Packers: 208/227 - 92.07% (expt Majk autos)
bojesphob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 08:25 PM   #148
SirTommyWinAlot
Member
 
SirTommyWinAlot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Gillette Stadium/Foxboro
Posts: 2,121
Default

You'll never see a quarterback ever again that is so hell bent on their mechanics and form. Brady's a perfectionist all the way.

http://www.businessinsider.com/tom-b...ionist-2015-11
__________________
Mookie Betts: The Best Player in MLB Today
Sir Tommy's At Bat Song: Kavinsky - Nightcall
Full Time Helicopter Hog Hunter using FN SCAR 17S
Unofficial spokesman of the Boston Red Sox
SirTommyWinAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 01:13 AM   #149
RogerGodahell
Member
 
RogerGodahell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Any Questions?
Posts: 10,999
Default

Hate that Tom Brady guy....pisses me off... IM SO ANGRY!
__________________
CHECK OUT MY COMC STORE
<-------------------------------
\_(ツ)_/
RogerGodahell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 11:11 AM   #150
grandmasterPRA
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 758
Default

Surprisingly nobody has brought him up so I guess I will....What about Stoney Case?
grandmasterPRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.