Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

Notices

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Old 02-20-2018, 09:18 AM   #251
dd316

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesr View Post
There's a few that have slipped through - I've seen a die cut of the Executor crashing into the second Death Star too
That was mine and you know what, I guess I totally spaced when I did that one. I was so focused on doing something that alluded to the Vader die-cut shape that I overlooked what movie I grabbed that from.
Old 02-20-2018, 11:43 AM   #252
Vargaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
That was mine and you know what, I guess I totally spaced when I did that one. I was so focused on doing something that alluded to the Vader die-cut shape that I overlooked what movie I grabbed that from.
You should try on the next movie-centric set to slip more thru for fun. Keep Topps on their toes.

Someone should've done a jar-jar in the cantina sketch for this set lol.

My FS/FT thread https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1112127
Vargaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 06:38 PM   #253
Vargaman

And here's why listing 2 of the same auto in an auction is stupid.

Would've easily sold for $10ea separate.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

star wars hit tracker spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk

Old 03-02-2018, 12:52 PM   #254
Plinth

Any thoughts yet on how successful this set has been, and if the brand will be continued with the other movies? I'm still impressed with how great so much of the base set looks. Usually it's the hits that are the star of the series, but here I think it's the base.

Some few days ago, I came across a B&W image from Clones:

Assuming that each of the films has a wealth of photography to supply future sets, how far could they take the series? I'd imagine that ESB and RotJ sets would be easy enough to sell. But I'd also love to see the prequels get the treatment, and especially so with AotC. Cinematically, it's an absolutely gorgeous film.

But knowing that critical opinion of the prequels has more of a spread than the originals, I wonder if Topps would perceive enough demand there. If they had to, they could combine each of the three prequels into a single set... and if they really had to, they could do it On-Demand through the website.
Plinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 12:55 PM   #255
Vargaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plinth View Post
Any thoughts yet on how successful this set has been, and if the brand will be continued with the other movies? I'm still impressed with how great so much of the base set looks. Usually it's the hits that are the star of the series, but here I think it's the base.

Some few days ago, I came across a B&W image from Clones:

Assuming that each of the films has a wealth of photography to supply future sets, how far could they take the series? I'd imagine that ESB and RotJ sets would be easy enough to sell. But I'd also love to see the prequels get the treatment, and especially so with AotC. Cinematically, it's an absolutely gorgeous film.

But knowing that critical opinion of the prequels has more of a spread than the originals, I wonder if Topps would perceive enough demand there. If they had to, they could combine each of the three prequels into a single set... and if they really had to, they could do it On-Demand through the website.
Except most the prequels are green screen lol. They could combine all three into one set.

I'd rather see a different configuration like online sets with hits for future releases.

How are the parallels doing on the secondary market?

Also, what's the opinion of the inserts? Are they different enough from the base? I haven't had time to look them up.

star wars hit tracker spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk

Old 03-02-2018, 01:04 PM   #256
PoPCulture

I hope these will continue even if they are just sold as a set (base or master) without hits at a lower set price. I would continue to buy them but Iím not sure most would without the slim chance at hitting something huge. Just looking at the 217 cards that make up the master, this is my favorite set that Topps has ever put out.
Old 03-03-2018, 10:58 AM   #257
Plinth

I agree that it would be good to see Topps (as well as other companies) experiment more with different online configurations. It's an excellent way to get unique sets out to collectors, for things that may not have wider appeal. On a case-by-case basis, they would have to figure out if they can get away with a hit-less set at a much lower price, or one hit, or two, at higher prices. Innovate to make some dream projects a reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaman View Post
Also, what's the opinion of the inserts? Are they different enough from the base? I haven't had time to look them up.
The Behind the Scenes inserts are pretty awesome, with a lot of unique vantages of the actors and sets. They differ from the base in that they aren't "in character" for the image. Sitting around on set, chatting someone up... The other insert sets are typical for a release, albeit with all new imagery like the rest.
Plinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 07:03 PM   #258
nordy22

Finally got around to opening 1 of my 3 cases. Probably my best hit in all the cases ive opened of any sw products.....

Old 03-22-2018, 04:41 PM   #259
LouiseDraper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordy22 View Post
Finally got around to opening 1 of my 3 cases. Probably my best hit in all the cases ive opened of any sw products.....

Hey, you found one of my Leias. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-22-2018, 07:19 PM   #260
Cujobyte

WOW, sweet hits!! Congrats!!!
Cujobyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 08:49 AM   #261
Steve J

When you buy a case you should expect at least one half decent card in monetary terms, my case was aweful. I must admit i was so disappointed ii cant see myself making up a mini master.

What to do next? Next time i will buy half a case and use the spare money to buy a decent card, whats the alternative?

B&W - very disappointing.
Steve J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 09:58 AM   #262
Daddymc

I saved myself some money and just bought a base set on eBay. I just got done putting it into 9-pocket pages and have to say this is my favorite set in a long time in terms of visual appeal. New images with new borders and visually stunning. I wouldn't mind if Topps continued to issue B&W of the next two sequels.
Daddymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 11:41 AM   #263
jdhaugh11

I actually thought that this set had great value. The sets,inserts and parallels sold for amazing amounts.
Even without my 2 good autos, I did very well.
jdhaugh11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 12:13 PM   #264
PoPCulture

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhaugh11 View Post
I actually thought that this set had great value. The sets,inserts and parallels sold for amazing amounts.
Even without my 2 good autos, I did very well.
I could not agree more
Old 03-25-2018, 12:17 PM   #265
Vargaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve J View Post
When you buy a case you should expect at least one half decent card in monetary terms, my case was aweful. I must admit i was so disappointed ii cant see myself making up a mini master.

What to do next? Next time i will buy half a case and use the spare money to buy a decent card, whats the alternative?

B&W - very disappointing.

Just buy singles?? Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 03-25-2018, 05:12 PM   #266
jdhaugh11

Good luck trying to finish this set if you are just buying singles. The Iconic Characters are either hard to find or pretty expensive.
jdhaugh11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 10:15 PM   #267
Vargaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhaugh11 View Post
Good luck trying to finish this set if you are just buying singles. The Iconic Characters are either hard to find or pretty expensive.

I meant donít buy a case chasing a single card, who the heck would buy singles of inserts instead of a lot or master set? Lol

Also the Leia sp color auto is amazing looking!

Old 03-25-2018, 10:47 PM   #268
Lindburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaman View Post
I meant donít buy a case chasing a single card, who the heck would buy singles of inserts instead of a lot or master set? Lol

Also the Leia sp color auto is amazing looking!

I do love it Still waiting to see the Ford color auto pop up!

Lindburger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 10:52 PM   #269
Lindburger

I love A LOT about the Black and White set but also totally thrown off by some aspects of it. Like I have ď2 case hits autosĒ plus 7 duplicate autos I pulled that wonít even sell for $200 as a lot, so that puts a sour taste in my mouth lol.

Old 03-26-2018, 06:26 AM   #270
hobbystuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindburger View Post
I love A LOT about the Black and White set but also totally thrown off by some aspects of it. Like I have ď2 case hits autosĒ plus 7 duplicate autos I pulled that wonít even sell for $200 as a lot, so that puts a sour taste in my mouth lol.

Well common Masterwork on card autos sell for less than $5 so imagine sticker autos from a lower value product.Star wars autos are oversaturated and its not getting better unfortunately.
Topps is running the presses like its a baseball product.
I do like the idea behind this set but I think that they missed with the small auto list and putting to many common autos in the product.
hobbystuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 10:27 AM   #271
JJT19

I did like this set, got a couple boxes .... couple sketches, couple /10 cards etc was happy with it.
Old 03-27-2018, 10:58 AM   #272
Lindburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJT19 View Post
I did like this set, got a couple boxes .... couple sketches, couple /10 cards etc was happy with it.

Well if you need anything DM me I got 3 cases of it in a card storage count box. Lmk since this is not buy/sell/trade forum.

Old 04-10-2018, 01:04 AM   #273
Lindburger

If the Han Solo color auto is out there with a fellow member please DM me. Thank you!