April Showers

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

Notices

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Old 08-04-2017, 11:07 AM   #126
Drax44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceChange77 View Post
Isaacs signed for mission briefing. If you want one for $500, I'm happy to sell you my /25
That's the set I actually meant, and I already have one!
Drax44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 02:21 PM   #127
DigsUT

If they could get a couple of these names added, I feel the price tag would likely be worth it:

George Lucas
John Williams
Natalie Portman
Sam Jackson
Liam Neeson
Ewan McGregor
D'Onta Foreman HOOK'EM!
DigsUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 02:27 PM   #128
joudenjouden

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigsUT View Post
If they could get a couple of these names added, I feel the price tag would likely be worth it:

George Lucas

John Williams

Natalie Portman

Sam Jackson

Liam Neeson

Ewan McGregor

I know it's been said over and over but I'll say it again for those who missed it. Hell will freeze over before Natalie Portman signs Star Wars cards.

Lucas, Williams, Jackson, and Neeson are the best bets on that list
joudenjouden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 02:38 PM   #129
Vargaman

Anyone know why JEJ stopped signing?

I know Frank Oz stopped because he doesn't like people profiting off his autos so he signs few and far between, which suck because I'd love to get his auto.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My FS/FT thread https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1112127
Vargaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 02:49 PM   #130
jdhaugh11

Another deterrent about this product is that you have to give a $2,000 deposit to BO right now if you want to lock in a box, ouch that is a big deposit!
jdhaugh11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 02:57 PM   #131
richo

With Star Wars, people, or normal people can't buy everything now as there are too many releases. I went for GF reborn as I liked the cards. I am happy to sit out this product as it's not really what am in cards for. I enjoy the break itself, and spending close to $10k for a 1-2 minute break isn't for me. I wish everybody the best who goes for this product and will watch with interest.
richo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 05:02 PM   #132
jdhaugh11

Quote:
Originally Posted by richo View Post
With Star Wars, people, or normal people can't buy everything now as there are too many releases. I went for GF reborn as I liked the cards. I am happy to sit out this product as it's not really what am in cards for. I enjoy the break itself, and spending close to $10k for a 1-2 minute break isn't for me. I wish everybody the best who goes for this product and will watch with interest.
I certainly see where you are coming from. I like High Tek, but it even sucks to spend several hundred to open a 12 box case in less than 30 minutes!
jdhaugh11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 06:02 PM   #133
kyle1707

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigsUT View Post

George Lucas
John Williams
Natalie Portman
Sam Jackson
Liam Neeson
Ewan McGregor
This...................
kyle1707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 08:45 AM   #134
dd316

Looks like Topps is already trying to kill the Hayden Christensen market. You can get his auto on the website for under $200.
Old 08-05-2017, 09:21 AM   #135
Bryanjs14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
Looks like Topps is already trying to kill the Hayden Christensen market. You can get his auto on the website for under $200.
On a photo. His auto cards will easily be 500+ out of the gate. You can get daisy autos on photos for $200, yet her cards sell for 1k+
Bryanjs14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 10:02 AM   #136
aces

You can get an awesome Ford signed 8x10 for the price of a run-of-the-mill auto card, and the photo is a lot easier to display. Photo collectors must think card collectors are crazy....
aces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 10:24 AM   #137
Eissacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aces View Post
You can get an awesome Ford signed 8x10 for the price of a run-of-the-mill auto card, and the photo is a lot easier to display. Photo collectors must think card collectors are crazy....

Well. We are.
Eissacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 11:23 AM   #138
dd316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanjs14 View Post
On a photo. His auto cards will easily be 500+ out of the gate. You can get daisy autos on photos for $200, yet her cards sell for 1k+
Oh I know. But Daisys aren't $200 from Star Wars Authentics (Topps).
Old 08-05-2017, 12:46 PM   #139
Bryanjs14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
Oh I know. But Daisys aren't $200 from Star Wars Authentics (Topps).
That's because she's daisy. The current it girl in the Star Wars universe. If topps had this kind of thing back when prequels came out in sure Hayden would be a $500+ signer on their site
Old 08-05-2017, 10:28 PM   #140
StevieV

Just curious -- will these autographs bring in more money than previous Star Wars sets because of the way they're being released, despite the (potentially) higher than normal print run of the stars?
StevieV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 11:42 PM   #141
Fenway55

I just don't get the price point for this item. As has been discussed, $10k per box is $250 per auto. You'll be lucky to get 3 or 4 that individually are worth more than that average.

I'll be passing.
Fenway55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 07:29 AM   #142
AceGambit3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenway55 View Post
I just don't get the price point for this item. As has been discussed, $10k per box is $250 per auto. You'll be lucky to get 3 or 4 that individually are worth more than that average.

I'll be passing.
That's not really true, it's actually been mentioned several times

of the 19 we know of

Felicity Jones as Jyn Erso
Tim Curry as Chancelor Palpatine
Hayden Christensen as Anakin Skywalker
Alan Tudyk as K-2SO
Temuera Morrison as Jango Fett*
Billy Dee Williams as Lando Calrissian
Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia
Ashley Eckstein as Ahsoka Tano
Gwendoline Christie as Captain Phasma*
Ian McDiarmid as Chancelor Palpatine
Ray Park as Darth Maul
Matthew Wood as General Grievous
Daisy Ridley as Rey
Forest Whitaker as Saw Gerrera
Sarah Michelle Gellar as Seventh Sister
Warwick Davis as Ewok Wicket
Brian Herring as BB-8
Jeremy Bulloch as Boba Fett
Kenny Baker as R2-D2

8 in bold are over/at your price point. Two of them* have never signed star wars cards before so we don't know what those will do off hand as you cannot use Morrison's Spartacus autos as a comparison. Though in all likelihood a Morrison as Jango Fett auto will likely run in the $100-150 range (expect a few at release to go higher). He becomes a regular signer afterwards just expect him to follow Bulloch's auto value. Christie should command the $250 easily as Captain Phasma due to multiple factors. Even if you don't include her though that's still double of what you're saying that meet the $250 mark of just the 19 we know that are in the set with 21 more signers to go.

I understand the pessimism towards Topps and this set as $10K is a lot for a box of Star Wars cards. I also don't believe, when the dust settles and the full 40 signers are revealed, that even half of them will command the $250 average. At first glance for who all is likely still to sign maybe a total of 15 that will hit the average mark or higher (which is only 37.5% of signers). Which isn't terrible but it's still a big gamble for many. The biggest concern will be who the remaining 21 signers are. If they are more of the Matthew Wood/Brian Herring variety then that is definitely going to water down the value coming out of the box. While characters like Ackbar, Nien Nunb, Grievous, and BB-8 are liked and collected the actors portraying them aren't that popular or are beyond saturated in this market. If the rest of the signers are majority like John Boyega, Adam Driver, Andy Serkis or even Billie Lourd (despite having higher popularity due to who her mom/grandmother is she is an up and comer in Hollywood) then the overall value of the box will be consistent.
What continues to make no sense though is the complete lack of knowledge of many people doing the speculating when it really doesn't take long to do the research.
AceGambit3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 09:44 AM   #143
Eissacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceGambit3 View Post

of the 19 we know of

Alan Tudyk as K-2SO
Ray Park as Darth Maul
Daisy Ridley as Rey
Brian Herring as BB-8
Kenny Baker as R2-D2

8 in bold are over/at your price point. Two of them* have never signed star wars cards before so we don't know what those will do off hand as you cannot use Morrison's Spartacus autos as a comparison. Though in all likelihood a Morrison as Jango Fett auto will likely run in the $100-150 range (expect a few at release to go higher). He becomes a regular signer afterwards just expect him to follow Bulloch's auto value. Christie should command the $250 easily as Captain Phasma due to multiple factors. Even if you don't include her though that's still double of what you're saying that meet the $250 mark of just the 19 we know that are in the set with 21 more signers to go.

I understand the pessimism towards Topps and this set as $10K is a lot for a box of Star Wars cards. I also don't believe, when the dust settles and the full 40 signers are revealed, that even half of them will command the $250 average. At first glance for who all is likely still to sign maybe a total of 15 that will hit the average mark or higher (which is only 37.5% of signers). Which isn't terrible but it's still a big gamble for many. The biggest concern will be who the remaining 21 signers are. If they are more of the Matthew Wood/Brian Herring variety then that is definitely going to water down the value coming out of the box. While characters like Ackbar, Nien Nunb, Grievous, and BB-8 are liked and collected the actors portraying them aren't that popular or are beyond saturated in this market. If the rest of the signers are majority like John Boyega, Adam Driver, Andy Serkis or even Billie Lourd (despite having higher popularity due to who her mom/grandmother is she is an up and comer in Hollywood) then the overall value of the box will be consistent.
What continues to make no sense though is the complete lack of knowledge of many people doing the speculating when it really doesn't take long to do the research.
If I could kiss you, I would. Thank you for actually THINKING about this instead of talking out of your ass. Scary how rare that is.
Old 08-06-2017, 10:41 PM   #144
Fenway55

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceGambit3 View Post

of the 19 we know of

Alan Tudyk as K-2SO
Ray Park as Darth Maul
Daisy Ridley as Rey
Brian Herring as BB-8
Kenny Baker as R2-D2

Kenny Baker? Alan Tudyk? What the heck are you talking about???!? Here's some advice, son: Finding 1 single example where a signer sold for greater than $250 does not mean they regularly sell for that amount.

You claim it doesn't take long to do the research. I suggest you do some research of your own. Meanwhile, I have single handedly cracked and sold 24 cases of Star Wars product in the past year. I think I have a pretty good idea what they sell for. "3-4" may have been a little pessimistic - but not by much.
Fenway55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 10:55 PM   #145
Eissacs

Quote:
Kenny Baker? Alan Tudyk? What the heck are you talking about???!? Here's some advice, son: Finding 1 single example where a signer sold for greater than $250 does not mean they regularly sell for that amount.

You claim it doesn't take long to do the research. I suggest you do some research of your own. Meanwhile, I have single handedly cracked and sold 24 cases of Star Wars product in the past year. I think I have a pretty good idea what they sell for. "3-4" may have been a little pessimistic - but not by much.
And over the last year has here been any set remotely close to this high end?

High end cards ALWAYS command a premium on the secondary market. This isn't a Journey set. It's like saying a Honda Civic should sell the same as a Porsche because they're both cars.
Old 08-06-2017, 11:09 PM   #146
Bryanjs14

Quote:

Condisending prick much? Using one of those 30 posts real nicely I see.

I can't wait to see all the bitching from people who waited and didn't get in on this set. Look up a panini grant hill autograph. Now look up a flawless grant hill autograph. High end adds a huge premium and these cards will easily sell for double or triple what a Kenny Baker auto sells for from a budget Star Wars release.

Group breakers gonna open 50+ cases of this stuff easily. It's going to be massive.
Old 08-06-2017, 11:13 PM   #147
Vargaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eissacs View Post

High end cards ALWAYS command a premium on the secondary market. This isn't a Journey set. It's like saying a Honda Civic should sell the same as a Porsche because they're both cars.
Doesn't make much sense when you think about it.

How much nicer can these really be compared to masterwork? Both are high end and on card autos.

Old 08-06-2017, 11:24 PM   #148
Vargaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eissacs View Post

What do you call masterworks and high tek?

Stellar is "high end" only because it's limited and they're charging you near market value for the autos. Topps even said it's very similar to masterworks.

Your car analogy is crap. It's more like comparing a burger king whopper to a McDonald's quarter pounder. The actor's signature hasn't changed (except on card versus a sticker), only the card stock and the parallel color, yet grown adults go nuts over it.

Now, had this set included cut autos and sketches and relics, then yes, I'd agree that it's vastly different. Instead it's masterworks condensed down to top signers and priced up. That's the simple truth. You aren't gambling with breaking this product (if buying a whole set yourself), you're making a straight up purchase.

Old 08-06-2017, 11:32 PM   #149
StevieV

I kinda feel like this is Topps' version of a Star Wars "Archive Box" like Rittenhouse does. Except it doesn't have any base, chase, or sketches. Just a master set of the autographs.
StevieV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 11:38 PM   #150
Eissacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaman View Post
What do you call masterworks and high tek?

Stellar is "high end" only because it's limited and they're charging you near market value for the autos. Topps even said it's very similar to masterworks.

Your car analogy is crap. It's more like comparing a burger king whopper to a McDonald's quarter pounder. The actor's signature hasn't changed (except on card versus a sticker), only the card stock and the parallel color, yet grown adults go nuts over it.

Now, had this set included cut autos and sketches and relics, then yes, I'd agree that it's vastly different. Instead it's masterworks condensed down to top signers and priced up. That's the simple truth. You aren't gambling with breaking this product (if buying a whole set yourself), you're making a straight up purchase.

You have nothing to worry about. This isn't an $70 box for you to buy. This isn't made for you in the slightest so I'm not surprised this doesn't make sense for you.

When the singles hit eBay you can try and spend your $40 bidding on the lowest end auto and still not win a card from the set because it demands a premium.

You can complain about the low end sets because that's where you play. Leave this set to the people who actually know what they're talking about and put their money where their mouth is.

You talk like a you even register on Topps' radar. More than likely they all ignore you. How you ended up on the conference call last year still blows my mind. They must have needed someone from the medallion crowd.

Last edited by Eissacs; 08-06-2017 at 11:43 PM.