Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 100

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback & Hobby Scams

Notices

Member Sales/Trade Feedback & Hobby Scams Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Old 12-11-2018, 04:37 PM   #1
jewcer2k5

Default eBayer to Block - josgian-72

I don't post these often (relative to how many people I deal with on eBay it could be daily almost).

This member won an auction last night for 2003 Upper Deck Rookie Exclusives LeBron James RC PSA 9 #1 for $13+ shipping. Within the one hour cancel window where you can simply request the item be cancelled he messaged me asking me to cancel it stating the following:

Sorry buddy I don't have PayPal I have a MasterCard I tried five times the purchase it it will not let me so I would advise you to cancel it. - Note the auction ended at 8:42 and this message was at 8:51.

Here is how the rest of the "conversation" went:

8:52 - Like I said I really want a card this doesn't really happen to me that often I guess you only accept PayPal which I don't have so in any regard I suggest you just cancel it out.

My only reply at 8:54 - You can pay with a credit card through paypal :/. Just need a paypal account and an attached card.

The rest is literally all him with 0 responses from me. I was packaging, combining, recording....ya know all the stuff you typically do after 150ish auctions end.

8:55 - I don't have a PayPal account and it's not that type of kind it's not a bank card trust me I would have already done that anyway the good news for you is next time you sell it I suggest you start the price at $20 sorry buddy cancel it

9:03 - What are you waiting for go ahead cancel it

9:12 - You should be happy that kind is worth way more than $13 so please don't let me call eBay spend the time on the phone explain a situation and at the end result it's going to get canceled eventually so why don't you do us both a favor and just cancel it now seriously thank you

9:34 - Are you busting my balls can you please cancel this order damn man how many times are you going to ask

9:34 - Y

9:34 - Y

9:34 - U

7:36 AM - Are you dumb I don't think you are I explained it completely I cannot purchase the #@#@#@#@ing card that's the bottom line so would you kindly respectfully cancel this item out don't make me spend a half hour on talking to eBay just do the right thing man come on with the #@#@#@#@ is wrong with you $13 for that card you can get $50 for the car bottom line is I can't purchase it I would like to but I can't and I cannot link my card if I can link my card I would be selling basketball cards I tried that it didn't work now do you understand a little bit better so just please do the right thing like soon just cancel the card out

7:51 AM - Do you understand what I was trying to say

8:18 AM - I just spent 20 minutes on the phone with eBay they totally agree with me they giving you until Thursday to cancel this order and if you choose not to eBay is going to step in like I said you wasted 20 minutes of my life talking to you talking to eBay which I don't like to do so either you cancel it now or it will be canceled regardless if I was you I would do the right thing now so you can put it up resell it take my suggestion the starter at $10 starting bid that's a nice card

8:19 AM - Please cancel it

8:42 AM - You must be sleeping cuz if you don't understand the past three messages it is something mentally wrong with you this helps you why would you want $13 for card that's that is greater 9 I don't know why I'm giving you suggestions but once you cancel it make some money off that like I said started at 10 our twenty dollars I guarantee you you'll get much more money why am I calling you this I have no clue

1:22 PM - This is not a threat it is a promise I asked you nicely you don't want to see the bad side of me can I ask you what the f*ck you thinking and why is it taking you so long to cancel the stupid order and again I always think other people you can obviously get more money for that car like I said I have no way of purchasing it

At some point I decided I definitely wasn't cancelling but would contact eBay. I contacted eBay and they said he now had at least one flag on his account for the messaging. 15 messages in around 18 hours was fun. I told them I didn't want to cancel as he deserves at least a NPB strike because I can't give him a negative. They said they would block him from communicating with me so that he couldn't harass me anymore and that it is my right to give him a NPB.

On the other hand someone won an auction, didn't send me a message with an excuse and simply used the cancel purchase option that they had. When I woke up this morning I saw it and accepted it.

I just don't get people but if you want to avoid this headache just block him now.
Old 12-11-2018, 04:42 PM   #2
JordanHoward24
Temporarily Suspended

Good lord......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JordanHoward24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 04:44 PM   #3
Branesergen

Freaking hilarious!
Old 12-11-2018, 04:53 PM   #4
jewcer2k5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branesergen View Post
Freaking hilarious!
I only post the good ones....First I got hoe smacked (or something like that). If I posted all the insane interactions it would be super entertaining for all of you guys/gals.
Old 12-11-2018, 05:01 PM   #5
Diem926

Again Josh,...you are a better man than me. I would have lost it on him after the third message
Old 12-11-2018, 05:20 PM   #6
jewcer2k5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diem926 View Post
Again Josh,...you are a better man than me. I would have lost it on him after the third message
Life is just too short to get mad and blow up. The only thing I would've done is make obnoxious sarcastic remarks back which wouldn't accomplish anything.
Old 12-11-2018, 05:35 PM   #7
Yvester

Thanks for sharing!

Would it be more entertaining if he’s a member here?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/chiefyves/albums/72157714068653968/
Yvester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 06:59 PM   #8
shrevecity

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewcer2k5 View Post
Life is just too short to get mad and blow up. The only thing I would've done is make obnoxious sarcastic remarks back which wouldn't accomplish anything.
I agree, but at the same times buyers like this often make it very hard. I just got finished dealing with one that I am guaranteed to get a neg from but do not care. Should be removable.
shrevecity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 08:17 PM   #9
chezball

You use to able to block non paypal buyers. Ebay killed this option in late Jun. of this year.
https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blo...530041977.html
chezball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 09:02 PM   #10
hxcmilkshake

This is like Jon Favreau in Swingers when he calls the chic in the bar over and over, leaves a million messages, ends up breaking up with her before their 1st date.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
hxcmilkshake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 11:56 AM   #11
jewcer2k5

2 more messages this morning after eBay told me he wouldn't be able to contact me anymore....

9:47 AM - Are you shiting me what is wrong with you I wish I can give you the $13 obviously means a lot to for some reason Thursday eBay is going to step in and resolve this like I told you from the beginning my kind does not work on your end it happens to me every now and then and no I cannot link the cot I wish I could link the guy I'd be selling cars myself so I just explained the whole situation to you I'm going to ask you to cancel this order cuz it's impossible for me to pay you this $13 which is crazy that card is worth way more than $13 I would think you would be happy to relist it and take my advice started off with $10 I don't want to be your enemy don't make me one

9:47 AM - Tomorrow eBay is going to step in to avoid all this #@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@ just #@#@#@#@ing cancel the wedding please. Simple can't pay for it sorry you know

Now we are getting married?!?!?!??!??!?

Last edited by jewcer2k5; 12-12-2018 at 11:58 AM.
jewcer2k5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 12:03 PM   #12
no10pin

Quote:
2 more messages this morning after eBay told me he wouldn't be able to contact me anymore....

9:47 AM - Are you shiting me what is wrong with you I wish I can give you the $13 obviously means a lot to for some reason Thursday eBay is going to step in and resolve this like I told you from the beginning my kind does not work on your end it happens to me every now and then and no I cannot link the cot I wish I could link the guy I'd be selling cars myself so I just explained the whole situation to you I'm going to ask you to cancel this order cuz it's impossible for me to pay you this $13 which is crazy that card is worth way more than $13 I would think you would be happy to relist it and take my advice started off with $10 I don't want to be your enemy don't make me one

9:47 AM - Tomorrow eBay is going to step in to avoid all this #@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@ just #@#@#@#@ing cancel the wedding please. Simple can't pay for it sorry you know

Now we are getting married?!?!?!??!??!?
That is awesome. Cancel the wedding! This guy seems extra loopy, and it's always the small sales that bring out the crazy. I never have a problem with a $100+ transaction.

Also, you were 'hoe checked' before.
Old 12-12-2018, 12:17 PM   #13
jewcer2k5

Quote:
Originally Posted by no10pin View Post
That is awesome. Cancel the wedding! This guy seems extra loopy, and it's always the small sales that bring out the crazy. I never have a problem with a $100+ transaction.

Also, you were 'hoe checked' before.
Hoe checked, that was it.

LMFAO

On phone with eBay right now and they are telling me to call the police and report him. But they still won't remove him from eBay.
Old 12-12-2018, 12:28 PM   #14
duron

I don't know much, but one thing is certain - this guy is not mentally ill.
Old 12-12-2018, 12:31 PM   #15
bn2cardz

Quote:
Hoe checked, that was it.

LMFAO

On phone with eBay right now and they are telling me to call the police and report him. But they still won't remove him from eBay.
I had issues with a buyer (sals9087) that also lost it over me not wanting to cancel an order and started harassing me and threatening me with "many tricks". I contacted ebay and they said they would intervene, then he started using his wife's account (sassy1-2007) to purchase stuff then ask for it to be cancelled. I contacted ebay and asked how someone in the same house would be allowed to contact me, and they said there is no way for them to know if they know each other just because they have the same address . Ebay just allowed the harassment to continue until I finally got a hold of someone that was willing to do something about it.

My collection (or at least what I have uploaded):
https://www.flickr.com/photos/bn2cardz/
bn2cardz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 12:33 PM   #16
LALeakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by no10pin View Post
This guy seems extra loopy.
Ding ding ding.

Tell him to lay off the bath salts
LALeakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 12:44 PM   #17
BGT Masters

I don't mean to white knight but here I go. Listen, its obvious the guy can't afford to pay for your wedding. If you can afford to go around selling people cars for only $13 you can afford to pay for the wedding. In any relationship communication is key.

Its obvious your soon to be significant other has a severe case of separation anxiety and you ignoring their messages is causing them mental pain. Talk about a classic thread back fire. You look like a fool. I would suggest ponying up the dough, paying for the wedding and putting a ring on it. You should feel lucky anyone wants to marry you at this point.
BGT Masters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 01:49 PM   #18
shrevecity

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGT Masters View Post
I don't mean to white knight but here I go. Listen, its obvious the guy can't afford to pay for your wedding. If you can afford to go around selling people cars for only $13 you can afford to pay for the wedding. In any relationship communication is key.

Its obvious your soon to be significant other has a severe case of separation anxiety and you ignoring their messages is causing them mental pain. Talk about a classic thread back fire. You look like a fool. I would suggest ponying up the dough, paying for the wedding and putting a ring on it. You should feel lucky anyone wants to marry you at this point.

I would agree had he just asked or opened the cancelation the way sane people do. Once he became unglued. I would have let it ride. He also has paid others recently from his feedback with no issues so i call the payment issue bs.

Gueds i should have actually read this. Lol

Last edited by shrevecity; 12-12-2018 at 02:00 PM.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:01 PM   #19
jewcer2k5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post
I would agree had he just asked or opened the cancelation the way sane people do. Once he became unglued. I would have let it ride. He also has paid others recently from his feedback with no issues so i call the payment issue bs.

Gueds i should have actually read this. Lol
They may or may not accept direct CC payments but who knows. The fact is he sent the first 8 or so messages within the first hour where he could've simply clicked "cancel order". If there was a way to leave negative feedback I would happily cancel and leave negative feedback. The fact is eBay is making me do this by making this the only way to help warn other sellers or protect other sellers from someone like this.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:17 PM   #20
nvsb

awesome thread
Old 12-12-2018, 06:27 PM   #21
hairysasquatch

Insanity
Old 12-12-2018, 06:35 PM   #22
jewcer2k5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairysasquatch View Post
Insanity
2 more messages this evening.

First one was “you must be retarted”

I’m gonna write him an extremely polite email explaining the situation.
Old 12-12-2018, 06:44 PM   #23
shrevecity

Quote:
2 more messages this evening.

First one was “you must be retarted”

I’m gonna write him an extremely polite email explaining the situation.
I would reply no but you sure are since you cannot even spell it correctly.
Old 12-12-2018, 06:57 PM   #24
jewcer2k5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post
I would reply no but you sure are since you cannot even spell it correctly.
My reply.

Joseph,

Let me be very clear. Your order will not be cancelled and you will be receiving a non paying buyer strike. Trust me when I say this, I wish I could cancel your order but without the ability to leave a negative feedback for a buyer this is my only recourse to potentially save other sellers from you.

You sent me 8 messages within an hour of winning the card. After my auctions end I simply combine auctions, ship what is paid and then take care of any potential issues. In that hour you have the ability to click a button simply requesting a cancellation. One other person won an auction and used this feature and when I was done with the other tasks I had in front of me that evening I clicked "accept". Your messages got belligerent, threatening and on the border of harassment so I refuse to cancel when I can take some kind of action.

The next morning I woke up to 5 more messages from you which included you swearing at me along with threatening me. I put it on hold to take care of my son and refused to reply. Then the last message at 1:22 PM EST I decided to take action. I called eBay and spoke directly with them about this situation. They told me that there is now a flag on your account for your language and abusive action. The more you reply, the more messages you send, and the more you don't let up will just dig yourself a deeper hole. I will be contacting eBay whenever you contact me and that will look a lot worse.

I know you are probably going to freak out and write some more asinine messages but please prove me wrong. You are only hurting yourself and your ability to use this platform to purchase cards.

Please take this as my only reply. You will not get anything else from me. You will not get this order cancelled.

Thank you.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:03 PM   #25
jewcer2k5

20 replies in under 5 mins of sending that message.

His stay on eBay was short.

Last edited by jewcer2k5; 12-12-2018 at 07:06 PM.
jewcer2k5 is online now   Reply With Quote