Blowout Cards Forums
1718 basketball

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

Notices

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2018, 01:22 PM   #101
broncomanning18
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,179
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rseve43 View Post
This one was pretty awesome even by his standards
that was pretty nasty
broncomanning18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 04:16 PM   #102
texmcpherson
Member
 
texmcpherson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Iowa
Posts: 12,938
Default

Super excited for this Update Camo /99, got this for $150 and the corners, edges, centering, and surface look beautiful. Really happy at that price considering the Update Black's have sold anywhere from $500-$700 and are /62

Untitled by texmcpherson, on Flickr
__________________
It's 2018, I'm still offended
texmcpherson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 04:20 PM   #103
Sinoth23
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 161
Default

Nice camo pickup.

Also, heckuva play/throw last night.
Sinoth23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 07:42 PM   #104
texmcpherson
Member
 
texmcpherson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Iowa
Posts: 12,938
Default

3-5

RBI, R, SB



Oh and at AT&T Park too
__________________
It's 2018, I'm still offended
texmcpherson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 07:47 PM   #105
broncomanning18
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,179
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texmcpherson View Post
3-5

RBI, R, SB



Oh and at AT&T Park too
people will start to realize soon how good he is
broncomanning18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 08:17 PM   #106
texmcpherson
Member
 
texmcpherson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Iowa
Posts: 12,938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncomanning18 View Post
people will start to realize soon how good he is
Coors will always hang over his head no matter what the split stats are.

OBP around .420 right now too after todayís game
__________________
It's 2018, I'm still offended
texmcpherson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 09:25 PM   #107
starvela
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: U.S.
Posts: 148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texmcpherson View Post
Coors will always hang over his head no matter what the split stats are.

OBP around .420 right now too after todayís game
I mentioned this in a previous post, but just something about this guy, he's sooo good, so much fire and so fun to watch...
starvela is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 11:48 PM   #108
rseve43
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 1,935
Default

Average back over .330 after today...wonder if he can legitimately contend for a batting title. Currently in 3rd behind Herrera and Markakis.
rseve43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 10:32 PM   #109
texmcpherson
Member
 
texmcpherson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Iowa
Posts: 12,938
Default

Another non Coors HR

__________________
It's 2018, I'm still offended
texmcpherson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 10:33 PM   #110
broncomanning18
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,179
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texmcpherson View Post
Another non Coors HR

i thought it was in colorado
broncomanning18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 01:45 AM   #111
clocsta2323
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: D.C.
Posts: 2,720
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texmcpherson View Post
Super excited for this Update Camo /99, got this for $150 and the corners, edges, centering, and surface look beautiful. Really happy at that price considering the Update Black's have sold anywhere from $500-$700 and are /62

Untitled by texmcpherson, on Flickr
That card looks great.
clocsta2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 10:17 AM   #112
texmcpherson
Member
 
texmcpherson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Iowa
Posts: 12,938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncomanning18 View Post
i thought it was in colorado
Whoops, that's my bad. I was looking at the wrong thing.

Still has more road HR's than home HR's.

Season stats so far:

1.7 WAR

54 H

9 2B

2 3B

9 HR

27 RBI

2 SB

28 BB

.320 BA

.414 OBP

.556 SLG

.970 OPS

149 OPS+
__________________
It's 2018, I'm still offended
texmcpherson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 01:11 PM   #113
shortstopguy12
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,769
Default

Love this guy.. Just picked up this beauty!!

arenado red by
__________________
When sending me payment Via PayPal please switch the outgoing funds from CAD to USD. PayPal automatically converts your USD payments to CAD.

**Every deal I make ships from/to COMC**
shortstopguy12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 01:18 PM   #114
Sinoth23
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 161
Default

Nice Target Arenado. Guy seems so underrated compared to the other stars. He's so consistent/solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortstopguy12 View Post
Love this guy.. Just picked up this beauty!!

arenado red by
Sinoth23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 11:32 AM   #115
Sinoth23
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 161
Default

Nice looking Arenado Topps Black on the bay now (not mine).
Sinoth23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 02:32 PM   #116
rseve43
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 1,935
Default

I am a believer that this guy is the single most undervalued player (read: "the BEST investment") in all of sports cards, in any of the big three sports.

He's on a track that leads straight to the Hall of Fame with BOTH his glove and bat (take your pick...elite bat plus 5 Gold Gloves in 5 career seasons).

Despite this, he sells for a fraction of other players that simply aren't as good as him. People claim that Coors field is the moon. Those same people pay exorbitant prices for Aaron Judge and Gary Sanchez cards...both of whom play their home games on a t-ball field. It makes no sense, especially when you realize how many homers Arenado hits on the road (3 of his 6 years, including this year, he has hit MORE homers on the road than at home)

At the end of the day, Nolan Arenado is one of the top 3 overall players in baseball (and has been for the past four years now), yet he sells like he's about the 20th best player. It's not even a question of "if" he will jump in value, it's simply a matter of "when" people will understand how incredible he is, and his prices WILL follow.
rseve43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 02:38 PM   #117
Topcat79
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 81
Default

Just bagged a PSA 9 blue update for a good price...pretty stoked.
Topcat79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 02:41 PM   #118
Ray27Ray52
Member
 
Ray27Ray52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 16,280
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rseve43 View Post
I am a believer that this guy is the single most undervalued player (read: "the BEST investment") in all of sports cards, in any of the big three sports.

He's on a track that leads straight to the Hall of Fame with BOTH his glove and bat (take your pick...elite bat plus 5 Gold Gloves in 5 career seasons).

Despite this, he sells for a fraction of other players that simply aren't as good as him. People claim that Coors field is the moon. Those same people pay exorbitant prices for Aaron Judge and Gary Sanchez cards...both of whom play their home games on a t-ball field. It makes no sense, especially when you realize how many homers Arenado hits on the road (3 of his 6 years, including this year, he has hit MORE homers on the road than at home)

At the end of the day, Nolan Arenado is one of the top 3 overall players in baseball (and has been for the past four years now), yet he sells like he's about the 20th best player. It's not even a question of "if" he will jump in value, it's simply a matter of "when" people will understand how incredible he is, and his prices WILL follow.
__________________
I will hold the candle till it burns up my arm...I'll keep taking punches until their will grows tired...I will stare the sun down until my eyes go blind..I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.
Ray27Ray52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 02:43 PM   #119
Zauron
Member
 
Zauron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rseve43 View Post
I am a believer that this guy is the single most undervalued player (read: "the BEST investment") in all of sports cards, in any of the big three sports.

He's on a track that leads straight to the Hall of Fame with BOTH his glove and bat (take your pick...elite bat plus 5 Gold Gloves in 5 career seasons).

Despite this, he sells for a fraction of other players that simply aren't as good as him. People claim that Coors field is the moon. Those same people pay exorbitant prices for Aaron Judge and Gary Sanchez cards...both of whom play their home games on a t-ball field. It makes no sense, especially when you realize how many homers Arenado hits on the road (3 of his 6 years, including this year, he has hit MORE homers on the road than at home)

At the end of the day, Nolan Arenado is one of the top 3 overall players in baseball (and has been for the past four years now), yet he sells like he's about the 20th best player. It's not even a question of "if" he will jump in value, it's simply a matter of "when" people will understand how incredible he is, and his prices WILL follow.
I'm with you!

Also I feel Adrian Beltre is criminally undervalued. You could get a stack of Beltre, who's going to be in the HOF and currently tied for 40th ALL TIME in WAR at 94.1. I don't think he gets to the 3,000 hit/500 homerun milestone, but he's going to end up being very close.
Zauron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 02:55 PM   #120
texmcpherson
Member
 
texmcpherson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Iowa
Posts: 12,938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topcat79 View Post
Just bagged a PSA 9 blue update for a good price...pretty stoked.
Nice!

Iíve been trying to hunt down a decently priced Target Update
__________________
It's 2018, I'm still offended
texmcpherson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 03:16 PM   #121
Topcat79
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texmcpherson View Post
Nice!

Iíve been trying to hunt down a decently priced Target Update
That would be a good pick up. Love red borders:
Topcat79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 05:38 PM   #122
texmcpherson
Member
 
texmcpherson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Iowa
Posts: 12,938
Default

Picked up a 2013 Topps Chrome Blue RC /199 & a 2017 Tier One Patch /10
__________________
It's 2018, I'm still offended
texmcpherson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 05:38 PM   #123
texmcpherson
Member
 
texmcpherson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Iowa
Posts: 12,938
Default

Oh and 2 Run HR (10)
__________________
It's 2018, I'm still offended
texmcpherson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 10:45 PM   #124
clocsta2323
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: D.C.
Posts: 2,720
Default

Nice little 3 run jack for Nado
clocsta2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 05:25 AM   #125
rseve43
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 1,935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clocsta2323 View Post
Nice little 3 run jack for Nado
Right but it only went 450 feet so it wouldnít have gone out if they werenít playing at Coors.

Jokes aside, #1 in the NL in slugging and OPS, #2 in OBP, and top 10 in every meaningful offensive category other than SB.
rseve43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.