all star

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

Notices

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 03-11-2018, 08:42 PM   #3976
mr_yoshi_san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaysr20 View Post
I shipped mine in two 300ct boxes in a USPS Flat Rate padded bubble mailer. The set fits pretty close to perfect considering the thickness of Heritage.
Ah okay will try that hope the 660 ct box fit in there lol thanks!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 03-11-2018, 08:42 PM   #3977
ThoseBackPages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze28 View Post
Picked this bad boy up today. Have a line on his nickname card and a 1969 trophy error as well.

#ALLRISE!!!!!
are REAL!!!
ThoseBackPages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 08:44 PM   #3978
Chaysr20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_yoshi_san View Post
Ah okay will try that hope the 660 ct box fit in there lol thanks!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
660 ct won’t fit. Have to stack the 300 or 330s to use the bubble mailer envelope.
Old 03-11-2018, 08:50 PM   #3979
mr_yoshi_san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaysr20 View Post
660 ct won’t fit. Have to stack the 300 or 330s to use the bubble mailer envelope.
Darn that means a “supply run” to the LCS for them 300 or 330s. Always come out with more than what I came for lol
Old 03-11-2018, 08:51 PM   #3980
mma138

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsquirrel View Post
I realy wish they would foil stamp the card . I hate the hand numbering.
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 09:03 PM   #3981
HeritageKing

The big hits in heritage have been hand numbered since 2001. They aren't going to change that. It also makes them look more high end. Its kind of ironic that the nicest cards of the year come out of a 5 dollar pack of cards.
#2 Topps Heritage Autograph Collector
HeritageKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 12:08 AM   #3982
salthill

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138
I realy wish they would foil stamp the card . I hate the hand numbering.

Different tastes, room for everyone. I love the hand numbering and lack of foil. Think it gives it a hand crafted / old-fashioned look.
salthill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 12:33 AM   #3983
Abomb4me

I found a completely ful blaster/hanger tray at my Walmart today. Bought the whole thing. Got the following;

Ichiro magenta back
Steven Strasbourg relic
18 sp
2 chrome to 999 - Cespedes, nobody
8 purple chrome (hotbox) including Benintendi and verdure rokie
Decals- 3 Harper, 2 Bryant, Trout, Judge, Stanton

Not bad for a day at the office. Retail has been good to me so far. Pulled a Clint Frazier nickname out of a fat pack last week.
1 chrome to 569 - gurriel
Abomb4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 12:42 AM   #3984
HeritageKing

How crazy would it be for topps to not seed the hit in the same place every pack? Even more fun if they didn't use the small numbers on the back. You would have to know all the errors and variations by look only. Could be first in the pack, could be last. THAT would be fun!
#2 Topps Heritage Autograph Collector
HeritageKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 02:00 AM   #3985
rwperu34

Got a hanger box as a present. One of the three "hits" was a black refractor /69 Ryan Zimmerman, FS if anybody needs it.
rwperu34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 07:30 AM   #3986
hornedfrog1985

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeritageKing View Post
How crazy would it be for topps to not seed the hit in the same place every pack? Even more fun if they didn't use the small numbers on the back. You would have to know all the errors and variations by look only. Could be first in the pack, could be last. THAT would be fun!
No, not fun
hornedfrog1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 07:49 AM   #3987
theboz

Found 2 blasters and 2 hangers at my Walmart.....Finally. I don't know what it is but I have no luck in Hobby but kill Retail. Last year I hit a Kris Bryant auto. Graded out as a 10/10.

So for my hits...
I hit a Tony Perez stamp card numbered 24/50 (His jersey number). sold it for $80 in like 10 minutes. Hit it in a hanger. I saw the thickness and was like oh god a relic. Probably a Khris Davis or Jon Gray. Card was pretty cool looking. Don't have a seller regret but wouldn't mind it if it never sold.

Also got a Judge, Benny, Rizzo Decal.

Big Hit out of a blaster was a Mike Trout "The KIIIIIID" nickname..which I never heard him called. Woke up to that sold at $125. Cool card and tough to sell any Trout but I had something I wanted to buy which was ending. That card is listed below.

Also got two Bellinger base cards, a judge deckle and a Bellinger deckle.

I ended up taking my sales and bought a Brooks Robinson Red Real One auto that was stamped /5 from the Transcendent party for $109. Thought it was going to go a lot higher. Cant wait to get it in the mail. It was graded 9.5/10. Pretty good for Heritage. He's probably my top 3 as far as players. The card was from the 1966 Topps look so I'm guessing it was from the 2015 set as a buyback. I have the original 1966 Topps card autographed. I got it as a xmas present like 20 years from my parents. It is one of my favorite cards and priceless since my parents both passed away and is priceless to me. Always gives me good memories looking at it. It will look good with them as a pair. Ill post them together once I get it.

The week before I hit a Kluber throwback out of a jumbo pack. There were four left at my local Target. Never leave any for the kids right? I sold that for 189.99. I turned that card into an orange Mitch Keller Shimmer 9.5/10. Needed for my extended rainbow.

I love Heritage but know some of these cards will drop over the season and I don't have the resources to get the ultimate master which would include 15 throwbacks and stamps/coins. I just want to make the basic complete set w SPs and the deckle set. The insert sets will be a bonus.

Oh yeah I bought 5 boxes of hobby and hit a Amed Rosario Red Auto which I sold on day one. Did good with that but basically took a bath on the other four boxes since the prices on the boxes were all juiced to BO prices on release day. Would have been nice to have hit it on box one. I kept going till I got ink.

I think I learned my lesson and should preorder way ahead since this is going to be my "set" to collect moving forward. Just seems to hold the value the best and I do like that autos are harder to hit. Love the Autos from last year the best. They choose the right jersey color on the cards so that you can see the auto clear without fogging out the card. The Correa from this year is so bad cause his shirt is dark. Almost hard to pick out the auto on the card. The Benny and Judge from last year might make the Mt Rushmore of Rcs one day. Still looking for an Ohtani. Ill just wait it out...

Good Luck. Amazing this board has 160 pages and everyone seems to hate this product from a breaking standpoint. Probably does suck to sort and ship. I don't find it boring to watch it break but I don't think most people understand the variations and are so used to seeing 4 hits a box it seems boring. For me I like the base. Challenge of making a set. Reading the stats on the cards. I also like that its Topps and that the players are not cut out floating around in outer space like every panini product. Totally ruined football for me but that's another page for that rant. Good luck out there and hope you all find some good hits. If I hit the Josh Bell throwback that one is going in the old PC. That one must be super hard to hit. Love reading all your stories.
Old 03-12-2018, 07:59 AM   #3988
oldgoldy97

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorboatJones View Post
This was intended by Topps. It mirrors the 1969 Card with the same number. Just not rare. That’s why it was done.
That stinks. I was trying to compare his statistics against Miggy, who was in the same pack.
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 09:38 AM   #3989
PDCCollectibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by salthill View Post
Different tastes, room for everyone. I love the hand numbering and lack of foil. Think it gives it a hand crafted / old-fashioned look.
Me too.....the hand numbering separates Heritage from other lines and has a professional old school feel to it, imo.
PDCCollectibles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 10:12 AM   #3990
babybull

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeritageKing View Post
Your cards would also be five times as much as they are now because Topps would have to have new packing equipment created.
babybull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 10:53 AM   #3991
MarvinGardens

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDCCollectibles View Post
Me too.....the hand numbering separates Heritage from other lines and has a professional old school feel to it, imo.
Serious question though, that I can't get an actual confirmation about.

Who hand numbers the cards? I doubt it is the signer, right?
MarvinGardens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 10:58 AM   #3992
no10pin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinGardens View Post

I don't know who it is, but it's not the signer. All of the numbering looks the same.
Old 03-12-2018, 12:18 PM   #3993
kookoox10

Probably a Topps employee with really good penmanship. The hand numbered cards have been phenomenal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinGardens View Post

kookoox10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 01:34 PM   #3994
Giancarlo27

Has anyone actually seen a photo of the Josh Bell throwback to verify that it actually exists? It seems statistically improbable that one has yet to surface on eBay assuming the 20-25 card print run is accurate and Topps didn't decide to short print a throwback.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:36 PM   #3995
jewcer2k5

Need. Amed. 100th.
jewcer2k5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 01:36 PM   #3996
kyle1707

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo27 View Post
Has anyone actually seen a photo of the Josh Bell throwback to verify that it actually exists? It seems statistically improbable that one has yet to surface on eBay assuming the 20-25 card print run is accurate and Topps didn't decide to short print a throwback.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...&LH_Complete=1
kyle1707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 01:39 PM   #3997
Giancarlo27

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1707 View Post
Nice! Seems like they sold way lower than they could have if someone auctioned.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:41 PM   #3998
kyle1707

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo27 View Post
Nice! Seems like they sold way lower than they could have if someone auctioned.
Agree....
kyle1707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 01:59 PM   #3999
salthill

Target website has Target-exclusive blasters in stock...
https://www.target.com/p/mlb-heritag...e/-/A-53043032
salthill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 02:27 PM   #4000
sammyjankis

I bought 4 cards from 4 separate sellers on Friday using eBay's 20% off deal. Received all of them today! I LOVE the look of this year's Heritage.

I almost bought 4 boxes of Heritage for the same price as these 4 cards but thankfully decided against it.
sammyjankis is offline   Reply With Quote