Quote:
Originally Posted by anusinha View Post
got major wood on that hit, 112 mph exit velocity
#thats what she said!
are REAL!!!
ThoseBackPages is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 12:50 AM   #578
Ferg1945

its gonna be tough to sit this guy the days before and after a start.
Ferg1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 12:51 AM   #579
djdevon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
any chance of it getting delayed ?
Any chance of the price holding?
djdevon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 12:52 AM   #580
mcgahee21nfl

Red Inks look like a steal right now.
mcgahee21nfl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 12:54 AM   #581
SDcardguy24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgahee21nfl View Post
Red Inks look like a steal right now.
I think Pat Neshek said he was going to list his soon. Now seems like a good time to list it
SDcardguy24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 12:56 AM   #582
Giancarlo27

Some people are just born to be miserable. What legitimate reason could they possibly have to want to see this kid (who clearly loves baseball more than anything) fail? It's fun, it's good for baseball, and so far he has been really impressive.
Old 04-04-2018, 01:03 AM   #583
anusinha

"The last player to win a game as a pitcher and hit a first-inning home run within a two-day span? Babe Ruth on June 13-14, 1921."

It's official, he's the Japanese Babe Ruth.

Didnt quite get the 2 day span though, maybe make it 2 game span.

anusinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 01:11 AM   #584
bdrr

3-4 on the night with hits off three different pitchers.

Pet peeve of the day: The Hogwarts House Points System
bdrr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 01:19 AM   #585
majestik101

Attachment 411780

Last edited by majestik101; 04-11-2018 at 06:21 PM.
majestik101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 01:30 AM   #586
unclemonkey

I wonder if Zack Hample was nearby.
unclemonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 01:55 AM   #587
moosetequila

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestik101 View Post
No matter what happens from here on out, he will always have that!
moosetequila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 02:13 AM   #588
dodgerfanjohn

The fans in Anaheim so badly wanted to seem him do well. His teammates visibly like him and were happy to see him contribute.

Amazing talent, working through adversity, a good teammate, and a fan favorite. I’m not sure what anyone is expecting and I’m still not sure how this will all turn out, but I can’t see why anyone would want to see him fail.
dodgerfanjohn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 03:44 AM   #589
hornedfrog1985

Not super familliar with Tomlin but junk baller would be the first thing that comes to mind watching him. A 74mph hanging curveball, an 84mph something that didnt break, and then a the third hit in garbage time on a straight as an arrow fastball. Congrats to the kid, but that was horribly ugly pitching.

Im more of a fan of the game than a speculative investor and Im just trying to be objective. He got the hits and nobody can take that from him, I think he has legit top of the rotation stuff, but he hit high school level pitches today and he has already shown he can do that in Japan.
hornedfrog1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 04:37 AM   #590
VeedonFleece

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhssketchcards View Post
Crow? He hits a home run and heís proven something? Benny from Boston was the number one prospect last year and people called him a bust even though he had a solid rookie year. Personally I think if he wins 8-10 games and hits 15-20 HR the Angels will see him as a failed experiment. Those are solid numbers but hardly worth the contract they gave him. No ones eating crow over one home run or even 10 home runs. He hit a beach ball Tomlin floated. When he turns on a Sale or Kershaw FB thatís showing something.
Continue to read nonsense like this. He's playing for the minimum.

No doubt if/when he hits one off Sale or Kershaw, they'll have thrown him a meatball.
VeedonFleece is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 04:42 AM   #591
Anderdale

Man what a exciting moment to wake up to
Old 04-04-2018, 04:44 AM   #592
VeedonFleece

Quote:
Iím not a hater, but serious itís one homer. Heís expected to hit them. Happy he did it in his first AB at home. Itís cool that heís a two way guy and I wish him success. But letís all be honest aside from Angels fans the only people that give a rip about him doing well arenít real fans but instead collectors sitting in cards hoping the prices jack back up. If he fizzles the rest of the way (hope he doesnít) he will wind up in a dollar bin with
Hideo Nomo and Kaz Matsui
Same poster responsible for this gem.

Well, I'm not an Angels fan, would ban the DH and have never owned a single Ohtani. I hope he wins the CYA and MVP just to shut up people like you.
Old 04-04-2018, 05:08 AM   #593
purejd86p

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornedfrog1985 View Post
Not super familliar with Tomlin but junk baller would be the first thing that comes to mind watching him. A 74mph hanging curveball, an 84mph something that didnt break, and then a the third hit in garbage time on a straight as an arrow fastball. Congrats to the kid, but that was horribly ugly pitching.

Im more of a fan of the game than a speculative investor and Im just trying to be objective. He got the hits and nobody can take that from him, I think he has legit top of the rotation stuff, but he hit high school level pitches today and he has already shown he can do that in Japan.
purejd86p is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 07:28 AM   #594
KhalDrogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornedfrog1985 View Post

Good start for the kid and a good start for baseball.
KhalDrogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 07:37 AM   #595
cpa85

Was this guy just sandbagging in spring training or something?

MARKET MANIPULATION! lol
cpa85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 07:55 AM   #596
Flurrious

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoseBackPages View Post
#thats what she said!
was definitely going to go with this, but did not want it to be my first post.
Flurrious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 08:31 AM   #597
jhssketchcards

Itís amazing that some of you people bash posts in here for posting their thoughts simply because
It doesnít agree with you. It sounds like the whining of an infant child or a spoiled 6th grader that says ďno one like me or agrees with me.Ē
Just because some of us arenít engraving the ROY, MVP, and CY trophies for him doesnít mean we are haters. Opinions can vary, thatís what makes it fun. Some of you get so bent out of shape if people donít fall in line with your rationale. I could care less if you agree with me. Iím a grown man. I watch baseball to relax and get away from real life. The fact some people are so miserable if people donít agree with you is sad. I respect those who like and appreciate what Ohtani did. I just wish we could sit back and see how well he does. If he sets the league on fire I will be one of the first to congratulate him because Im a fan of the game. But Baseball season is a marathon, not a sprint. Tuffy Rhodes hit 464 homers in Japan... 13 in MLB. Will Ohtani be the another Ichiro (HOF and all-time great in both leagues) or cap out like a Hideki Matsui? Matsui has a good solid career and win some championships. To say any prospect is a canít miss or sure thing is ludicrous. None of us know for sure but itís fun to see guys fulfill promise as well as hard to see guys never pan out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jhssketchcards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 08:49 AM   #598
Mister2Bits

Quote:
Itís amazing that some of you people bash posts in here for posting their thoughts simply because
It doesnít agree with you. It sounds like the whining of an infant child or a spoiled 6th grader that says ďno one like me or agrees with me.Ē
Just because some of us arenít engraving the ROY, MVP, and CY trophies for him doesnít mean we are haters. Opinions can vary, thatís what makes it fun. Some of you get so bent out of shape if people donít fall in line with your rationale. I could care less if you agree with me. Iím a grown man. I watch baseball to relax and get away from real life. The fact some people are so miserable if people donít agree with you is sad. I respect those who like and appreciate what Ohtani did. I just wish we could sit back and see how well he does. If he sets the league on fire I will be one of the first to congratulate him because Im a fan of the game. But Baseball season is a marathon, not a sprint. Tuffy Rhodes hit 464 homers in Japan... 13 in MLB. Will Ohtani be the another Ichiro (HOF and all-time great in both leagues) or cap out like a Hideki Matsui? Matsui has a good solid career and win some championships. To say any prospect is a canít miss or sure thing is ludicrous. None of us know for sure but itís fun to see guys fulfill promise as well as hard to see guys never pan out.

Take a breather and relax. It's just baseball my man.
Mister2Bits is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 09:18 AM   #599
Rooftop

Brendan McKay and Hunter Greene are on the way.

They might face each other tomorrow night.
Rooftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 09:24 AM   #600
VeedonFleece

Quote:

'Could care less' then goes on a rant.