AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 02-18-2013, 08:00 AM   #201
IamRalpho

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocraticGoat777 View Post
They were both going at it as competitors. And no, not just last nights game. Last years playoffs, I still stand by what I always say. It was 50-50 Lebron and Wade input that got them that ring. Kobe won ring without Shaq at Lakers.
Eh, using an All Star game as an example is probably the worst thing you can do. No one tries 100%. I am not a Lebron lover but to knock him for last night is just foolish.

Bring up all you want about his play regular and post season but to knock him on an exhibition is not fair.

I do not ask for much, but please leave feedback if everything goes well with our deal.
IamRalpho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:08 AM   #202
murrke03
Banned

The all-star game shows Lebron isn't that good of a player.

great joke to start the morning. LOL
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:29 AM   #203
armyatc22
Banned

LeBron is a great player and these threads will be great reads in about 6 years or so when his prime time is over.

I think he will end up better then Kobe but still not ahead of MJ

Kobe got lucky by ending up on the Lakers and everyone knows the Lakers history. LeBron went to the Cavs (enough said) he then moved to a team that had better talent to win that ring. Now will he move again? I don't know but if the talent starts getting old in south beach I would bet anything he moves out west somewhere

Ohhh and I don't think he wins MVP this year either
armyatc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:35 AM   #204
IamRalpho

Trust me I think the Lebron vs Kobe debate is an interesting one, one that could go either way but not until they are both done.

FAKE WORD ALERT, irregardless, neither of them are better than Jordan right now. Again, when they both retire, you can compare. But right now, its not close.

And you shouldnt punish Lebron for an ALl Star game, foolish.

I do not ask for much, but please leave feedback if everything goes well with our deal.
IamRalpho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:41 AM   #205
rhigh2390

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
LeBron is a great player and these threads will be great reads in about 6 years or so when his prime time is over.

I think he will end up better then Kobe but still not ahead of MJ

Kobe got lucky by ending up on the Lakers and everyone knows the Lakers history. LeBron went to the Cavs (enough said) he then moved to a team that had better talent to win that ring. Now will he move again? I don't know but if the talent starts getting old in south beach I would bet anything he moves out west somewhere

Ohhh and I don't think he wins MVP this year either
I really dont care about luck. If lebron lovers want to talk about luck, they have to basically say that every nba legend ever was just lucky. Magic was lucky because he had Jabbar and Worthy. Larry Bird was lucky because he had McHale, Parish, and Johnson. Bill Russell was lucky because he had Cousy, Heinsohn, and played in a league with no other big men besides Wilt.

Bottom line, All of those nba greats stayed with their teams and won championships. They didnt get tired of trying and leave to try to make it easy. That alone knocks lebron off from other nba greats. I dont care how bad you say his team was. He left them to make it easier on himself because he was tired of trying. NBA greats dont get tired of trying. They try to get better.
rhigh2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:46 AM   #206
Orangejello727

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhigh2390 View Post
I really dont care about luck. If lebron lovers want to talk about luck, they have to basically say that every nba legend ever was just lucky. Magic was lucky because he had Jabbar and Worthy. Larry Bird was lucky because he had McHale, Parish, and Johnson. Bill Russell was lucky because he had Cousy, Heinsohn, and played in a league with no other big men besides Wilt.

Bottom line, All of those nba greats stayed with their teams and won championships. They didnt get tired of trying and leave to try to make it easy. That alone knocks lebron off from other nba greats. I dont care how bad you say his team was. He left them to make it easier on himself because he was tired of trying. NBA greats dont get tired of trying. They try to get better.
I have to agree with this. MJ didnt have a team that took him to the promise land for many years. He stuck it out and made it happen. He didnt jump ship. Kobe didnt have much after Shaq left and he stuck it out to make it happen again post shaq. One thing is for sure, Lebrons patience grew thin and felt the need to find a way to get a ring off court by colluding with 2 other guys from his draft to form a super team.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:50 AM   #207
groundsupport
Banned

Send a message via AIM to groundsupport

Kobe got lucky.. lmao!!!!!!

Go tell him that, and watch his response...

People on here are delusional on how difficult it actually is to play over 100 games in 8 months and to win a title..
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:50 AM   #208
tristan20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
I have to agree with this. MJ didnt have a team that took him to the promise land for many years. He stuck it out and made it happen. He didnt jump ship. Kobe didnt have much after Shaq left and he stuck it out to make it happen again post shaq. One thing is for sure, Lebrons patience grew thin and felt the need to find a way to get a ring off court by colluding with 2 other guys from his draft to form a super team.
I am pretty sure Kobe wanted to be traded. (Not to mention the huge payday when shaq left)

Also Kobe didn't have to wait 7-8 years for help.

I mean come on, whats his excuse this year?

Lebron with Shaq in his prime, at least 6 rings. Plus Shaq would have retired a Laker.
tristan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:02 PM   #209
SocraticGoat777

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post
Eh, using an All Star game as an example is probably the worst thing you can do. No one tries 100%. I am not a Lebron lover but to knock him for last night is just foolish.

Bring up all you want about his play regular and post season but to knock him on an exhibition is not fair.
So you are saying he wasnt trying to score on Kobe when they were playing 1 vs 1. Such a foolish thought to think that Lebron went out of his way to get rejected by Kobe? Such a foolish though to think that when a guy with 5 rings calls you out and says "you cant score on me" he is just on exhibition, and not trying? Such a foolish thought to think that when the greatest player in the world calls you worse than the guy defending you, you wouldnt try, because its an exhibition game?

You are the fool. These guys are competitors, the best at what they do. Kobes rejection of Lebron was as legit as it gets. If these guys were playing on the street 1v1, with no one watching, it would still be a heated battle. You dont understand what it takes to be the best at something. You dont understand what it is to be a real player and competitor, training everyday of your life to be the best. If you did you would understand that thats what Lebron and Kobe are.

Last edited by SocraticGoat777; 02-18-2013 at 12:06 PM.
SocraticGoat777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:06 PM   #210
8lakers24

Quote:
So you are saying he wasnt trying to score on Kobe when they were playing 1 vs 1. Such a foolish thought to think that Lebron went out of his way to get rejected by Kobe? Such a foolish though to think that when a guy with 5 rings calls you out and says "you cant score on me" he is just on exhibition, and not trying? Such a foolish thought to think that when the greatest player in the world calls you worse than the guy defending you, you wouldnt try, because its an exhibition game?

You are the fool. These guys are competitors, the best at what they do. Kobes rejection of Lebron was as legit as it gets. If these guys were playing on the street 1v1, with no one watching, it would still be a heated battle.
check out lebron james stats during the real games that actually matter when the lakers and heat played this year, when lebron was actually giving 100 percent....how many times did kobe block him than?
8lakers24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:07 PM   #211
murrke03
Banned

Lebron wasn't trying to score in the first jump shot.

I would think someone that comments on basketball would actually be able to read and understand the game to see that it wasn't Kobe v. Lebron on the actual real good block.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:12 PM   #212
SocraticGoat777

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8lakers24 View Post
check out lebron james stats during the real games that actually matter when the lakers and heat played this year, when lebron was actually giving 100 percent....how many times did kobe block him than?
Lebron was playing 100% against Kobe, maybe not in the exhibition game as a whole, but when he was up against Kobe he was giving 100%. Whats your point? Miami is alot more stacked than Lakers.... Kobe is 35. Kobe would never be blocked like that when he was 28. He would drop 80+ on you
Old 02-18-2013, 12:12 PM   #213
tristan20
Banned

Quote:

You are the fool. These guys are competitors, the best at what they do. Kobes rejection of Lebron was as legit as it gets. If these guys were playing on the street 1v1, with no one watching, it would still be a heated battle. You dont understand what it takes to be the best at something. You dont understand what it is to be a real player and competitor, training everyday of your life to be the best. If you did you would understand that thats what Lebron and Kobe are.
Kobe only got the block because Lebron didn't expect someone to try to play defense in an all star game.
Do you honestly think Lebron would do a pull up jumper in traffic without creating space?

All star game is all about scoring and flashy dunks, its what people want to see. Kobe took it too personal because Lebron went to his house and kicked his face in LOL

Oh Miami is so stacked? Whats Kobe's record vs Lebron's teams? Lebron owns Kobe

LeBron is 13-6 against Kobe Bryant in regular-season games and he has won 10 of the past 13

Last edited by tristan20; 02-18-2013 at 12:17 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:16 PM   #214
nissandriver77
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan20 View Post
Kobe only got the block because Lebron didn't expect someone to try to play defense in an all star game.
Do you honestly think Lebron would do a pull up jumper in traffic without creating space?

All star game is all about scoring and flashy dunks, its what people want to see.
Forget about this stooges analysis , he stated CP3 is overrated just before the clips went on a losing streak when Chris got injured
nissandriver77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:18 PM   #215
SocraticGoat777

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan20 View Post

All star game is all about scoring and flashy dunks, its what people want to see.
Yes I honestly do. I have seen Lebron make worse calls when Wade wasnt in the game, like half court 3 point attempts. He shot Bricks his whole life until maybe this season, hes getting half good at his fadeaway. But his body language is predictable, he doesnt move fluidly like MJ or Kobe did. You can tell what hes gonna do based on his foot positioning, and body language. His athleticism, size, and strength is his savior, once he hits 32 his game drops like a hot cake.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:18 PM   #216
bdoody42

Quote:
I will not say if Kobe is better than Lebron or not, but Last night clearly showed us that Lebron isnt that good. As I was constantly saying on this forum, his game is very predictable, he has 2-3 go to moves. As Jordan pointed out, If you force him left he goes for the jumpshot, if you force him right, he drives the ball. Kobe has ALOT more offensive weapons than that.

Those 2-3 offensive weapons were also newly developed by learning from Hakeem, and once defenders learn that, he will once again shoot bricks. As we clearly saw last night Kobe knew exactly where Lebron was going to shoot the ball, even though he tried to fake him.

Lebron is 28 years old, he doesnt have another 10 years, more like 4-5 more years. His game depends alot on his athleticism, strength, and size.... so once he hits the 30 mark, unless he develops more offensive weapons, his performance will drop like a hot cake.

Lebron may be the better overall player, but 4th q, 1 minute left you still go to Kobe.. or Wade

Using an allstar game as measuring block isn't exactly the best way to go about proving Kobe is better than Lebron. I think about 90% of the hon bias fans would say Lebron is the best player in the NBA.

To clear up my earlier statement Lebron and Kobe being Goat right now. I mean that neither right now can be considered to goat over Jordan. Just wanted to clarify that in case anyone got confused.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:18 PM   #217
fullmetal
Banned

Jordan is now a card carrying member of AARP. He has an excuse for being senile.
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:19 PM   #218
tristan20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissandriver77 View Post
Forget about this stooges analysis , he stated CP3 is overrated just before the clips went on a losing streak when Chris got injured
Truth hurts?

Everyone knows CP3 takes extended vacations during the season LOL
Old 02-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #219
bdoody42

Quote:
Lebron was playing 100% against Kobe, maybe not in the exhibition game as a whole, but when he was up against Kobe he was giving 100%. Whats your point? Miami is alot more stacked than Lakers.... Kobe is 35. Kobe would never be blocked like that when he was 28. He would drop 80+ on you
He dropped eighty once buddy. I wouldn't say that was a common occurrence...also saying any player wouldn't be blocked at any age is pretty absurd. Even the best get blocked. They are not immortal.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:21 PM   #220
murrke03
Banned

Quote:
Yes I honestly do. I have seen Lebron make worse calls when Wade wasnt in the game, like half court 3 point attempts. He shot Bricks his whole life until maybe this season, hes getting half good at his fadeaway. But his body language is predictable, he doesnt move fluidly like MJ or Kobe did. You can tell what hes gonna do based on his foot positioning, and body language. His athleticism, size, and strength is his savior, once he hits 32 his game drops like a hot cake.
Lol.

Someone reads one Jordan comment and is now an expert.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:22 PM   #221
tristan20
Banned

Kobe never forgot this LOL

Old 02-18-2013, 12:25 PM   #222
SocraticGoat777

Serge Ibaka incredible block on LeBron's dunk (June 14, 2012) - YouTube

Ibaka owning Lebron.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #223
murrke03
Banned

Quote:
Are we talkng about ibaka?

Failure.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:28 PM   #224
SocraticGoat777

Amare Stoudimire Saves the Game Blocks LeBron James - YouTube

Amare owning Lebron. Really Lebron, Your gonna just drive the basket when you are 33 years old, and not as athletic anymore? Show us more tricks buddy...
Old 02-18-2013, 12:28 PM   #225
bdoody42

Now it becomes a battle of bromances. Kobe lovers against Lebron lovers.... Who will win....I am not a lover of either but it will be interesting to see who comes out on top.