Blowout Cards Forums
Wave 12

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

Notices

ComicBookJunkie Post your Comic Hobby Talk

Old 05-16-2018, 09:52 PM   #1
IndySportsCards

Default Indy's Comic Picks for 5.23.18

Getting this one started early and will add to up all week.

Black Panther #1 Artgerm Variant - Artgerm variants are slow burns as far as value goes, but over time, this being issue #1 and Stanley doing more Marvel covers, it's sure one to have. Plus, it's gorgeous. There is a virgin version, but it's rather pricey. See if you can snag it in stores under $50

Black Panther #1 In-Hyuk Lee Variant - Hyuk is slowly becoming a fan favorite and this one will be scooped up immediately and will see good after market value.

Batgirl #23 Middleton Variant - Great art on this virgin variant by DC.

Venom #1 signed by Donny Cates - IndyKMB brought this to our attention, but there is a Mattina variant signed by Donny Cates up for sale at Midtown. 1 Per customer.

Last edited by IndySportsCards; 05-16-2018 at 09:59 PM.
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:52 PM   #2
Ender

Thanks to you and IndyKMB for letting us know about the signed Venom! Just ordered one, it'll be my first signed book

Love these threads of yours, do you do them for every week?
Ender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:46 AM   #3
IndySportsCards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender View Post
Thanks to you and IndyKMB for letting us know about the signed Venom! Just ordered one, it'll be my first signed book

Love these threads of yours, do you do them for every week?
Yes. Sometimes I may miss a week a few times a year, but typically have it up each week. I went to get another Black Panther #1 In-Hyuk this morning and noticed it's sold out on Midtown.
Old 05-17-2018, 09:02 AM   #4
hipywolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
Yes. Sometimes I may miss a week a few times a year, but typically have it up each week. I went to get another Black Panther #1 In-Hyuk this morning and noticed it's sold out on Midtown.
I had forgotten to get this one even though i love the cover, saw your post...decided to click on your link..and bam 1 in stock! Now it says out of stock again...
hipywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 09:42 AM   #5
IndySportsCards

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipywolf View Post
I had forgotten to get this one even though i love the cover, saw your post...decided to click on your link..and bam 1 in stock! Now it says out of stock again...
You lucky Dog! er.. Wolf.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:49 AM   #6
IndySportsCards

Iron Man #600 - Last issue for Bendis and 1st appearance of a new Marvel Mashup Type character.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:51 AM   #7
IndySportsCards

FYI: Analog has been picked up by Lionsgate for a movie.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:34 AM   #8
Bruvydsb

Midtown had #1's last night (both covers) for $1.80 too. They were scooped up pretty quick.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:56 AM   #9
IndyKMB

That Batgirl #23 Middleton variant is STUNNING. I've been picking up every single one of his variants since he began work on the Rebirth title and as good as many of the Aquaman Bs have been this is far-and-away his best effort.

Any chance of getting a grading order on this one, Indy?
IndyKMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 12:25 PM   #10
IndySportsCards

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyKMB View Post
That Batgirl #23 Middleton variant is STUNNING. I've been picking up every single one of his variants since he began work on the Rebirth title and as good as many of the Aquaman Bs have been this is far-and-away his best effort.

Any chance of getting a grading order on this one, Indy?
I didn't pre-order this one, and when I went to the shop today they had ONE COPY on the shelf and the guy in front of me grabbed it.

If they come down in price I can get some elsewhere, but as of today the book is way too pricey to offer it at a decent price.
Old 05-24-2018, 07:57 AM   #11
hipywolf

Quote:
I didn't pre-order this one, and when I went to the shop today they had ONE COPY on the shelf and the guy in front of me grabbed it.

If they come down in price I can get some elsewhere, but as of today the book is way too pricey to offer it at a decent price.
Holy crap your not kidding....i was going to preorder and I just forgot o well
Old 05-24-2018, 09:44 PM   #12
Darth

I picked up one copy and wondering if I should flip it now for 24 or will this come down in value with time? What are people's thoughts of it? So far I'm enjoying looking at it on my wall.
Darth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:46 PM   #13
IndySportsCards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth View Post
I picked up one copy and wondering if I should flip it now for 24 or will this come down in value with time? What are people's thoughts of it? So far I'm enjoying looking at it on my wall.
It's a gorgeous cover, but without any relevant story key action, it'll merely be an item for fans of the artist, which will limit it's appeal. If you're not married to it, move it now IMHO.
Old 05-25-2018, 07:18 AM   #14
Darth

Quote:
It's a gorgeous cover, but without any relevant story key action, it'll merely be an item for fans of the artist, which will limit it's appeal. If you're not married to it, move it now IMHO.
Okay. Thank you
Old 05-25-2018, 02:17 PM   #15
IndySportsCards

Black Panther Goes to Second Prints for Marvel Comics
Old 05-26-2018, 06:22 PM   #16
Walter Sobchak

Any chance of a reprint for the Batgirl #23 Middleton cover?
Walter Sobchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 09:49 PM   #17
IndySportsCards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth View Post
Now I'm reading that Batgirl #23 contains the first appearance of Martina Falcone. I don't know this to be true, but am doing research.
Old 05-26-2018, 11:30 PM   #18
rcuello

Quote:
Now I'm reading that Batgirl #23 contains the first appearance of Martina Falcone. I don't know this to be true, but am doing research.

After I read the book, I have been searching and nothing has been coming up anywhere. So it is likely it is the 1st appearance. The read looks like it's worded as a 1st appearance.
rcuello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 11:38 PM   #19
IndySportsCards

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuello View Post
After I read the book, I have been searching and nothing has been coming up anywhere. So it is likely it is the 1st appearance. The read looks like it's worded as a 1st appearance.
Thank you for this info!! This will help the book sustain it's value.
Old 05-27-2018, 01:20 PM   #20
IndyKMB

I just posted this elsewhere today as well. Since I don't read Batgirl (just collect the Middleton covers!) when I thumbed thru I did notice this as well and wondered if a 1st was indeed snuck into the book. Hope that's the case because I'd hate to see this book slip into oblivion over time.
IndyKMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 05:46 PM   #21
Darth

Quote:
Dang! I just sold it!
Old 05-29-2018, 09:14 AM   #22
hipywolf

I ended up not being able to snag any of the Batgirl.....how the heck to shops get shorted on a comic by diamond if they ordered it? Seems to be plenty of copies on ebay. How the heck does that work?
Old 05-29-2018, 09:20 AM   #23
IndySportsCards

Quote:
I ended up not being able to snag any of the Batgirl.....how the heck to shops get shorted on a comic by diamond if they ordered it? Seems to be plenty of copies on ebay. How the heck does that work?
It's not a comic with a high print run to begin with. Recent issues have a print run of around 17,596. With the Middleton being the variant, not all shops order them, and even if they ordered them 1 for every regular issue, that's only 8500 copies worldwide, so it's not one of the easier variants to find, and not all comic shops order the variant covers, which is a shame as DC is putting out some really nice ones right now. This scarcity could be why you're having such a tough time finding it. My shop only had 1 of the variant covers on the shelf day of release and I got there when the doors opened.
Old 05-29-2018, 09:23 AM   #24
hipywolf

Quote:
It's not a comic with a high print run to begin with. Recent issues have a print run of around 17,596. With the Middleton being the variant, not all shops order them, and even if they ordered them 1 for every regular issue, that's only 8500 copies worldwide, so it's not one of the easier variants to find, and not all comic shops order the variant covers, which is a shame as DC is putting out some really nice ones right now. This scarcity could be why you're having such a tough time finding it. My shop only had 1 of the variant covers on the shelf day of release and I got there when the doors opened.
Eh another to chalk up to my crappy memory.....same crap happened with the thanos 13 variant just forgot to submit my order....I just can't bring myself to spend 30 on what I should've had at cover

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 05-29-2018, 09:40 AM   #25
IndySportsCards

Quote:
Eh another to chalk up to my crappy memory.....same crap happened with the thanos 13 variant just forgot to submit my order....I just can't bring myself to spend 30 on what I should've had at cover
Don't be too hard on yourself, nobody can see these things coming 100% of the time unless they're ordering everything, every month. It's what makes the hunt so much fun! You'll find it eventually at a decent price. If I would have pre-ordered it myself I would have had you covered, but it's not a title I normally order and didn't this month.