Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

Notices

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 11:53 PM   #2626
jewcer2k5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMPKCP View Post
Because you open a box and on average lose 1/3rd of your money but sometimes double it. With this product, no one has made more than their money back and most lost 60-80%.

And the boxes cost thousands of $$$$
You really shouldn't use absolute terms like "no one".

In the box with the Red Schwarber gem, if that were an individual opening it they would've made their money back and then some.

In my group break at least 4 people made their money back. I know it's not a lot but its some. Yes, others (and most) lost more than the people made but it is a GROUP BREAK product. The people joining them know what they are getting themselves into and the risks they are taking.

It does feel like we are talking in circles b/c I bring up a case of TTT as a comparison. A high end product where there are a few winners and a lot more losers.

Now, do I think this is as good as most people expected. Probably not. I do think people knew going into it what they were joining. The same people that started out hating the product are still hating it and using examples of other people losing money as a reason to hate it. What if those people just don't care and they wanted to take the risk.

People open wax and win and lose every single day. This is different because its a repack and its been so heavily advertised. I would like you to go look at other high end breaks and tell me how many winners there are and how many people lost a ton.

It's gonna be similar to this.
Old 06-10-2015, 11:56 PM   #2627
uberfatty

Quote:
Because you open a box and on average lose 1/3rd of your money but sometimes double it. With this product, no one has made more than their money back and most lost 60-80%.

A piece of advice, feel free to ignore it if you want:

Your exaggerations about the low return of the product only fuel the perception that detractors of this product are all making asinine, incorrect claims. For example, highlighted above you say there have been zero people that have come out ahead but that is just plain not true. It's just not. If you stick to well-reasoned facts the message will be better received.
Old 06-11-2015, 12:03 AM   #2628
JMPKCP
Banned

Yes, obviously people in group or team or player breaks have made money. How about this...

No one who has purchased a box individually has doubled their money. Two people have made their money back and maybe a little pocket change. Unheard of in any product as far as I'm aware.
Old 06-11-2015, 12:05 AM   #2629
jewcer2k5

Quote:
Yes, obviously people in group or team or player breaks have made money. How about this...

No one who has purchased a box individually has doubled their money. Two people have made their money back and maybe a little pocket change. Unheard of in any product as far as I'm aware.
So 10 boxes or so for individuals in a product where the re-packer has marketed as a product NOT to break individually and to use for group breaks hasn't produced a RIDICULOUS return of money being doubled.

2 of the 10 or so individual boxes have produced at least a return on the initial investment and maybe some profit.

Go shred a case of TTT and let me know how it goes :/

Seems like very similar numbers.
Old 06-11-2015, 12:08 AM   #2630
BravesFan4Life

If buying a whole box yes I can see that from the breaks so far, but GBs or the say 10 or 20 other whole box breakers can easily make money on this. I have no interest in this product one way or the other, the extreme reactions to this product are quite interesting considering how many people make maybe 30 percent on a regular box break back. This is a larger price point but the point stands.

Quote:

Old 06-11-2015, 12:12 AM   #2631
jewcer2k5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravesFan4Life View Post
If buying a whole box yes I can see that from the breaks so far, but GBs or the say 10 or 20 other whole box breakers can easily make money on this. I have no interest in this product one way or the other, the extreme reactions to this product are quite interesting considering how many people make maybe 30 percent on a regular box break back. This is a larger price point but the point stands.
That's my point exactly.

It's unrealistic to think someone can produce a re-pack product, make money, and put more than the cost of the product in it.

I feel as if the extreme reactions are due to the marketing of the product. Which is fine...The more attention you get the more ridicule you are most likely to receive.

Someone was talking to me about the return on this product yesterday and I asked them if they went out and bought a case of 2014 BC and a case of 2014 Jumbo BC and didn't hit the bryant/urias combo how their return would be. They went silent :/

(Thats around the same 2700-2800 price point). MANY of those breaks would yield WELL under $500 of a return.
Old 06-11-2015, 12:14 AM   #2632
gorillaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan1121 View Post
It's the super auto. Also, blackjack has better odds than pretty much any form of gambling (except baccarat I've heard)
He sold the super auto before this to help fund the bryant.
Old 06-11-2015, 12:15 AM   #2633
chadc13

Wonder when or if we will hear anything from Prospect Rush?
Old 06-11-2015, 12:17 AM   #2634
tchronis24

I think a lot of people are rubbed the wrong way (and rightfully so) because many members here who supported the product are dealing with 2k losses while Will made 800k for the product.
Old 06-11-2015, 12:22 AM   #2635
free2131

Send a message via Yahoo to free2131

What do the majority think the price-point should have realistically been to make this worth opening? $1500?

I do agree that this product was a group breaking product, and unfortunately I think this might eventually become the new trend for the actual manufacturers. Why put a ton more value into a product when it won't be marketed to an individual who takes on the entire risk? Yes there is less value, but because the consumer is spending less money by combining multiple break participants it will be a lot easier to write off the lack of value.
Old 06-11-2015, 12:24 AM   #2636
jewcer2k5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchronis24 View Post
I think a lot of people are rubbed the wrong way (and rightfully so) because many members here who supported the product are dealing with 2k losses while Will made 800k for the product.
While people can be pissed or annoyed let's not make this another thread of misinformation like the disaster that was BGS graders getting fired.

Will did not "make" $800k on this product. There are no indications or confirmations that he sold out of this product. Even if Will sold out of the product he would not make $800k for multiple reasons.

1. He doesn't sell to the end customer. Blowout, breakers, and whoever else bought this product sell it for more than they paid.

2. "Making" $800k would mean he spent NOTHING on the product. We know he spent money on singles, cases and what not. We also know he spent money on shipping, flights, driving, and other fees.

3. Whatever he did or didn't make is good for him. He took a much bigger risk than 95%+ on this board EVER would, whether they had the money to do so.

This isn't me defending anyone it is just stopping misinformation from getting out by using simple common sense.

People that bought that for individual breaks 100% knew the risk they were taking. People that joined the breaks knew the risk they were taking. Everyone knew the risk they were taking. Maybe it wasn't as good as some hoped but it lines up in par with a lot of how I thought it would be. Some winner, some losers and a lot of complaining.

It's just like the BGS grades that get posted. When someone posts a great submission all the BGS haters come out and say they are giving away grades. When someone posts a submission with full stats and scans that show a lower hit rate and some really bad grades they are no where to be found.

Enjoy picking your battles but if you really wanted to have an impact you'd admit you (not you chronis but the generic 'you') were wrong sometimes.
Old 06-11-2015, 12:27 AM   #2637
cyndeeg3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soxrule111 View Post
The Red Schwarber box is 100%, The Thor Super is 100%, The A-Jax, the 5 Bryant Scratchers are 100%. That's 8 boxes.

The Gallo Purple and Trout Ref will probably be 100% as well.

That's going with just 1-2 cards in the box. Not all 20+ packs.
Thank you for making my point for me and at the same time, disproving yours.

Found this nice listing while looking up Trout...

2009 Mike Trout Bowman Chrome RC Auto 500 | eBay

After fees, someone will sell the Trout REF for? Let's say $2,000 (right) $1800 after fees, so, only $1,000 left to make up on the 6 other slabs that are worth $30 each along with 3 $100 cards.

Found more... Gallo was "not as hot" when the card in PR was pulled

2012 Joey Gallo Bowman Chrome Draft Pick Autographs Purple BGS 9 5 Auto 10 7 10 | eBay

HEY! He's even-ish - after you add in the $400 value of the remainder of the box. How fun! BREAKING EVEN - WINNING
Old 06-11-2015, 12:27 AM   #2638
jewcer2k5

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2131 View Post
What do the majority think the price-point should have realistically been to make this worth opening? $1500?

I do agree that this product was a group breaking product, and unfortunately I think this might eventually become the new trend for the actual manufacturers. Why put a ton more value into a product when it won't be marketed to an individual who takes on the entire risk? Yes there is less value, but because the consumer is spending less money by combining multiple break participants it will be a lot easier to write off the lack of value.
If it were $1500 it would've never been made. Will would have to sell it at under $1200 to make it worth to anyone to buy it. That means he'd need to be into it for under $1000 per box. You think all this stuff could be in there for under $300,000?

Unrealistic. Its a REPACK product.

Say he paid $50,000 for the Bryant so take $165 out of every box. That means it would be like $2500 or so per box...Maybe thats a better number for folks...Multiple slices in the pie.
Old 06-11-2015, 12:29 AM   #2639
jewcer2k5

Do I think there could've been MORE value in some boxes, of course.

But remember we are sitting at 10% of the product being broken and only a handful of "hits" from the front page that came out.

Have 8 of the 80 bigger hits been pulled yet?
Old 06-11-2015, 12:29 AM   #2640
tchronis24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewcer2k5 View Post
While people can be pissed or annoyed let's not make this another thread of misinformation like the disaster that was BGS graders getting fired.

Will did not "make" $800k on this product. There are no indications or confirmations that he sold out of this product. Even if Will sold out of the product he would not make $800k for multiple reasons.

1. He doesn't sell to the end customer. Blowout, breakers, and whoever else bought this product sell it for more than they paid.

2. "Making" $800k would mean he spent NOTHING on the product. We know he spent money on singles, cases and what not. We also know he spent money on shipping, flights, driving, and other fees.

3. Whatever he did or didn't make is good for him. He took a much bigger risk than 95%+ on this board EVER would, whether they had the money to do so.

This isn't me defending anyone it is just stopping misinformation from getting out by using simple common sense.

People that bought that for individual breaks 100% knew the risk they were taking. People that joined the breaks knew the risk they were taking. Everyone knew the risk they were taking. Maybe it wasn't as good as some hoped but it lines up in par with a lot of how I thought it would be. Some winner, some losers and a lot of complaining.

It's just like the BGS grades that get posted. When someone posts a great submission all the BGS haters come out and say they are giving away grades. When someone posts a submission with full stats and scans that show a lower hit rate and some really bad grades they are no where to be found.

Enjoy picking your battles but if you really wanted to have an impact you'd admit you (not you chronis but the generic 'you') were wrong sometimes.
Yeah the 800k was Definetely exaggerated. Didn't chapmans came up with an estimated total profit of around 500k? Might be mistaken
Old 06-11-2015, 12:31 AM   #2641
free2131

Send a message via Yahoo to free2131

Quote:
If it were $1500 it would've never been made. Will would have to sell it at under $1200 to make it worth to anyone to buy it. That means he'd need to be into it for under $1000 per box. You think all this stuff could be in there for under $300,000?
I was simply wondering the value that the public put on the product as is, not whether it was financially feasible to make.
Old 06-11-2015, 12:39 AM   #2642
hychang5

Just a note, I'd advise you look at the feedback of that trout before using it in your argument

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndeeg3 View Post
Thank you for making my point for me and at the same time, disproving yours.

Found this nice listing while looking up Trout...

2009 Mike Trout Bowman Chrome RC Auto 500 | eBay

After fees, someone will sell the Trout REF for? Let's say $2,000 (right) $1800 after fees, so, only $1,000 left to make up on the 6 other slabs that are worth $30 each along with 3 $100 cards.

Found more... Gallo was "not as hot" when the card in PR was pulled

2012 Joey Gallo Bowman Chrome Draft Pick Autographs Purple BGS 9 5 Auto 10 7 10 | eBay

HEY! He's even-ish - after you add in the $400 value of the remainder of the box. How fun! BREAKING EVEN - WINNING
Old 06-11-2015, 12:40 AM   #2643
jewcer2k5

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2131 View Post
I was simply wondering the value that the public put on the product as is, not whether it was financially feasible to make.
I wish all products were sold for less than what I can pull out of them
Old 06-11-2015, 12:40 AM   #2644
cyndeeg3

Quote:
2 of the 10 or so individual boxes have produced at least a return on the initial investment and maybe some profit.

Go shred a case of TTT and let me know how it goes :/

Seems like very similar numbers.
2 of 10 or so TTT cases will produce at least a return on the initial investment and maybe some profit.

Go shred a case of PR and get $600 back on your $2,725, lemme know how that feels

It does, indeed, seem like similar numbers.

However, I "believe" that there were higher numbers "suggested" by PR vs opening the wax by yourself...

We can keep going... Open 5 cases of 2014 Draft for yourself, lemme know how that goes
Old 06-11-2015, 12:42 AM   #2645
jewcer2k5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndeeg3 View Post
2 of 10 or so TTT cases will produce at least a return on the initial investment and maybe some profit.

Go shred a case of PR and get $600 back on your $2,725, lemme know how that feels

It does, indeed, seem like similar numbers.

However, I "believe" that there were higher numbers "suggested" by PR vs opening the wax by yourself...

We can keep going... Open 5 cases of 2014 Draft for yourself, lemme know how that goes
Yes we agree it feels like similar numbers.

I did open 5 cases of 2014 Bowman Draft actually and made some money but worked VERY hard to do so. This is 20 cards + 10 packs + some extras.
Old 06-11-2015, 12:44 AM   #2646
JMPKCP
Banned

We can all go around in circles, but here is what I know to be true.

1. Will made his money. He doesn't care what we have to say and reparations can't be made to everyone.
2. Blowout supported this product, so we can expect threads to be deleted and negative reviewers to be banned. I feel bad for host/breakers like Houdini who will catch some flack from this.
Old 06-11-2015, 12:44 AM   #2647
cyndeeg3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hychang5 View Post
Just a note, I'd advise you look at the feedback of that trout before using it in your argument
not using it to make a point, but Gracias for the heads-up! I try to guesstimate on values, actually pricing things uses brain power that I do not possess...
Old 06-11-2015, 12:49 AM   #2648
armyatc22
Banned

Quote:

Unrealistic. Its a REPACK product.

Say he paid $50,000 for the Bryant so take $165 out of every box. That means it would be like $2500 or so per box...Maybe thats a better number for folks...Multiple slices in the pie.
The price of what he bought the Bryant for was said on Facebook recently and it's no where near 50K but was said that he also added in some trade stuff to with his price he paid so that could add some value to it too....and no I won't repeat the price I saw either lol
Old 06-11-2015, 12:56 AM   #2649
kyle121592

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prospect Rush View Post
The checklist is absolutely STACKED. This will be beyond a shadow of a doubt the most deep and loaded baseball prospect product ever. Should a card to be named later GEM, we will have Bryant in the $55k-$75k range (estimates vary) and a 2nd hit over $10k.
You would think a "stacked" checklist would net better than $1000 on a $2750 box....
Old 06-11-2015, 12:56 AM   #2650
teambutterfield

the people who are selling / breaking / doing business with this product are making money. People who bought or join the group breaks, just treat this as an entertainment; then you wont feel as bad. Its just money right for most of prospectors?
Closed Thread