Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 11-08-2017, 03:06 PM   #126
zinger1038
Banned - PBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermanotarjeta View Post
Yeah, that poor Ball kid, driving his Lamborghini, not knowing any better that stealing is a crime.

Most poor, beaten people are honest folks. They still have the honor to not steal.

Most petty thefts are committed by entitled millennials, who steal cause they got “nuthin better to do”.
Damn dis millennials
zinger1038 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:08 PM   #127
pgisback

Quote:
I love how MEllenials think that stealing is no big deal, like they also believe their netflix and iPhones are a constitutional right, as well as their belief that Lebron is GOAT.

There, now this thread has everything in it...
Hey leave Lebron out of this!! Mellenials have to at least have one thing right. But I agree, it's sickening how people act like being a disgusting thief is no big deal. They actually think we are a bigger problem for wanting criminals to be punished than the actual crimes, haha.
Nikita Kucherov RCs/On Card Autos
pgisback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:09 PM   #128
hermanotarjeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinger1038 View Post
Damn dis millennials
Damn dis DEbron-dovin Millenials.
hermanotarjeta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:11 PM   #129
auctionjmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcardstore View Post
Most of the "kids" who are shoplifting, committing petty crimes, etc... Have a broken home life, single mom, drug addict parents etc... you can't fix that. You can't just magically make people, who never wanted to have kids in the first place, and don't have the means to support them, better parents.

In my opinion it has to start with our broken education and welfare systems. I don't want to get political here but it's hard to avoid when talking about things like this.

America's educational system sucks. There's really no other way to put it. You keep kids off the streets and committing petty crimes by creating an environment at school where they feel supported. More extra curriculars, get them involved in sports, clubs etc...

The vicious cycle will never change as long as people have the "I go to school because I have to" attitude.

On top of all that, American prisons are not designed to rehabilitate inmates and reform them. The recidivism rates are horrendous in America without looking at the number in front of me
We are both right in a sense. We are just looking at different sides of the cycle. I could argue that there would be fewer broken homes if those parents grew up in an environment where crime was not tolerated. You could argue that the kids of those parents are helpless (and rightfully so) so they turn to crime. I DO think we need a better educational system but I also think we need to take a much harder stance on crime and train the YOUNG minds to know, understand, and respect right from wrong when they are very young.

I work in education so I know how tough it is to enforce school rules. Parents fight administrators all the time because they think a detention is too harsh or whatever. Kids are raised to be entitled brats and mouth off to the teacher because they know there won't be a punishment that matters. And if the punishment is too harsh, mom or dad will go to the school board and the board will back down because they are scared of a lawsuit. And this happens in GOOD, wealthy suburban schools so it's not just an inner city thing or something that happens in bad schools.

It's not just about behavior or economics. It's an attitude thing as well. Too many people have an attitude that they can do whatever they want and are fearless because of it. Regardless of socioeconomic status.
auctionjmm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:18 PM   #130
ninjacookies

Quote:
Yeah, that poor Ball kid, driving his Lamborghini, not knowing any better that stealing is a crime.

Most poor, beaten people are honest folks. They still have the honor to not steal.

Most petty thefts are committed by entitled millennials, who steal cause they got “nuthin better to do”.

Did I ever excuse his behavior? No...I said he should live with the consequences, whatever those may be.

What I do find amusing are the people that are wishing and praying on this family's downfall. To the point of wishing the U.S. law was restructured
to better punish future Ball family crimes. It's fascinating.

Is that how ye old Clint Eastwood generation x'ers do it over 'yonder?

I'm guessing you don't know why age has a strong correlation with crime occurrences, and just like to use it as another way to toss out more cliche millennial references.

I hope you take that same stance with every member of your extended family under the age of 25 that's been convincted for a crime. That is, unless you're all a beautiful pack wonderful, law fearing Pilgrims.
ninjacookies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:19 PM   #131
Siberian13

I’m starting to realize we have some terrible parents on here
Siberian13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:20 PM   #132
jcardstore

Quote:
Originally Posted by auctionjmm View Post
We are both right in a sense. We are just looking at different sides of the cycle. I could argue that there would be fewer broken homes if those parents grew up in an environment where crime was not tolerated. You could argue that the kids of those parents are helpless (and rightfully so) so they turn to crime. I DO think we need a better educational system but I also think we need to take a much harder stance on crime and train the YOUNG minds to know, understand, and respect right from wrong when they are very young.

I work in education so I know how tough it is to enforce school rules. Parents fight administrators all the time because they think a detention is too harsh or whatever. Kids are raised to be entitled brats and mouth off to the teacher because they know there won't be a punishment that matters. And if the punishment is too harsh, mom or dad will go to the school board and the board will back down because they are scared of a lawsuit. And this happens in GOOD, wealthy suburban schools so it's not just an inner city thing or something that happens in bad schools.

It's not just about behavior or economics. It's an attitude thing as well. Too many people have an attitude that they can do whatever they want and are fearless because of it. Regardless of socioeconomic status.
There is a HUGE attitude problem in America but it is so ingrained that I'm not sure how you'd even start to change it.

Our culture is so far gone, it's only going to keep getting worse. I wish I had some ideas on how to fix that but I don't. An addressable issue IMO is the school system, it needs a total reform.
The Alchemist, Napoleon Hill mixed with Deepak
jcardstore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:23 PM   #133
jcardstore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
Did I ever excuse his behavior? No...I said he should live with the consequences, whatever those may be.

What I do find amusing are the people that are wishing and praying on this family's downfall. To the point of wishing the U.S. law was restructured
to better punish future Ball family crimes. It's fascinating.

Is that how ye old Clint Eastwood generation x'ers do it over 'yonder?

I'm guessing you don't know why age has a strong correlation with crime occurrences, and just like to use it as another way to toss out more cliche millennial references.

I hope you take that same stance with every member of your extended family under the age of 25 that's been convincted for a crime. That is, unless you're all a beautiful pack wonderful, law fearing Pilgrims.
You either support archaic laws where you should be jailed or have your hands cut off, or even publicly executed if you commit a petty crime.

Or you're a self-entitled, crime committing, dirty MElinnial.

There is only black and white on BO, there is no middle ground.
Old 11-08-2017, 03:23 PM   #134
ninjacookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian13 View Post
I’m starting to realize we have some terrible parents on here
Based on the amount of 'damn millennial' references, that would imply that many on here are part of the problem due to the fact a large portion of these young crimes are a primary function of failed parenting. It all starts at home.
Old 11-08-2017, 03:26 PM   #135
jcardstore

Quote:
Based on the amount of 'damn millennial' references, that would imply that many on here are part of the problem due to the fact a large portion of these young crimes are a primary function of failed parenting. It all starts at home.
I would be SHOCKED if he was a parent.
Old 11-08-2017, 03:26 PM   #136
SteveO21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPauthentic84 View Post
Right or wrong, it does put into consideration how 2 world leaders deal with crime. It makes me wonder how things would be different if the punishments served as a determent for crimes like stealing instead of slaps on the wrist.

The one part that bothers me a bit is seemingly how forgiving (or kind of enabling) people are commenting on a wealthy kid stealing louis v glasses.

Outside of the "stealing a loaf of bread if you are hungry" dilemma, when is stealing ok? That is one of the most clear cut "wrong" crimes there are that most learn at a young age.
That's the thing, I'm fully on board punishing these players for their crime. I absolutely am not forgiving them in any way. What they did was illegal and they should be punished for what they did. My initial thought on this was that it was really weird how some people here seemed to be getting off on the idea of really sticking it to these young men with extreme punishments. The passion with which these people are discussing these punishments seems to be largely driven by factors other than just the crime committed.
SteveO21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:30 PM   #137
ninjacookies

Quote:
You either support archaic laws where you should be jailed or have your hands cut off, or even publicly executed if you commit a petty crime.

Or you're a self-entitled, crime committing, dirty MElinnial.

There is only black and white on BO, there is no middle ground.
I'm a 75 year old strong proponent of public stoning executions of adulterers despite the fact I'm currently married to the woman I cheated on my wife for 54 years ago.

I just hope the new laws aren't retroactive and I'm well out of the statute of limitations. I was a young and dumb millennial back then. Huhuhuhu.
Old 11-08-2017, 03:30 PM   #138
zinger1038
Banned - PBM

Quote:

Was being sarcastic. Love it when people blame everything on the millennials
zinger1038 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:40 PM   #139
ninjacookies

Quote:
Let us pray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinger1038 View Post
Was being sarcastic. Love it when people blame everything on the millennials
Definitely not directed at you, I caught your undertones.
Old 11-08-2017, 03:42 PM   #140
pgisback

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPauthentic84 View Post
Right or wrong, it does put into consideration how 2 world leaders deal with crime. It makes me wonder how things would be different if the punishments served as a determent for crimes like stealing instead of slaps on the wrist.

The one part that bothers me a bit is seemingly how forgiving (or kind of enabling) people are commenting on a wealthy kid stealing louis v glasses.

Outside of the "stealing a loaf of bread if you are hungry" dilemma, when is stealing ok? That is one of the most clear cut "wrong" crimes there are that most learn at a young age.
Yep, there's way too many excuses these days. When you take away peoples excuses, they'll have to think twice about their actions. But as long as criminals know they have an entire country that has their back and will defend their right to be as comfortable and protected as possible committing a crime, they'll continue to treat the consequences like a joke.
Old 11-08-2017, 04:17 PM   #141
Siberian13

Quote:
I wouldn’t be shocked if you were a parent.
Old 11-08-2017, 04:27 PM   #142
pgisback

Quote:
I wouldn’t be shocked if you were a parent.
Haha, this reminds me of the beginning of Idiocracy
Old 11-08-2017, 04:28 PM   #143
realreodeal

Jordan>Lebron

http://s466.photobucket.com/albums/rr27/realreodeal/
realreodeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 04:37 PM   #144
Siberian13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgisback View Post
Haha, this reminds me of the beginning of Idiocracy
Old 11-08-2017, 04:37 PM   #145
Siberian13

Quote:
Originally Posted by realreodeal View Post
Jordan>Lebron
1st I'm hearing of this
Old 11-08-2017, 04:39 PM   #146
SteveO21

Quote:
whoever created that gif is a moron. It says "Costco" right there on the dude's vest and the creator of the gif still spelled it "Cosco".
Old 11-08-2017, 04:42 PM   #147
Siberian13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO21 View Post
whoever created that gif is a moron. It says "Costco" right there on the dude's vest and the creator of the gif still spelled it "Cosco".
Hahaha, did the grammar police just go after an Idiocracy Gif?

Good stuff
Old 11-08-2017, 04:43 PM   #148
Siberian13

Quote:

Good stuff
Old 11-08-2017, 04:53 PM   #149
SteveO21

Quote:

Good stuff
I mean it's RIGHT THERE. c'mon! lol!
Old 11-08-2017, 04:53 PM   #150
Giantrobot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO21 View Post
Proof that Idiocracy is a documentary.
Giantrobot is online now   Reply With Quote