Blowout Cards Forums
Wave 11

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2017, 09:26 PM   #251
daxwills
Member
 
daxwills's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 5,248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermanotarjeta View Post
Willie cauly stein?
William Roberts aka Brushy Bill Roberts aka William H Bonnie aka Billie the Kid
__________________
“Why is it Lisbeth, why is it that spiders don’t get caught in their own webs?”
daxwills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:36 PM   #252
pgisback
Member
 
pgisback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Seattle
Posts: 17,536
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6celtics33 View Post
Do you mean

Mahammoud Abduf Rauf?
Whoops, yep, that’s the anthem hater. Sorry Shareef
__________________
Collecting:
Redskins RC Auto PC - 238/363 (65.5%)
Ben Gamel Bowman/BC/Heritage
Nikita Kucherov RCs/On Card Autos
pgisback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 11:52 PM   #253
no10pin
Member
 
no10pin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 8,507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxwills View Post
Well now I have a question, what’s the age cut off for a millennial?

Also ball should look at this as an opportunity. Go to jail, learn Chinese, bomb out of the nba, play ball over there like Marbury. Big baller brand now only 19.99 at a store near you.
My understanding was that it's anyone who graduated high school in the new millennium. So 35-ish I think.
__________________
Always looking for more George Brett stuff. Need more rookies, low numbered inserts/parallels and on-card autos (no Panini).
no10pin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 11:56 PM   #254
hofcollector2
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,546
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgisback View Post
Bill Walton is hilarious. Of course they'd do it in their home. This ain't their first rodeo.

Walton: Our host, Alibaba, the people, they have been better than perfect in everything. They’ve done everything right to make this all work. Now, members of our family have displayed an appalling lack of honor, lack of respect, lack of decency by doing something in someone else’s home that they’d never do in their own. I’d like to apologize right now on behalf of the human race for this travesty.
I love this, lol.
hofcollector2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 12:13 AM   #255
Cavaliercards
Member
 
Cavaliercards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 18,868
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxwills View Post
Well now I have a question, what’s the age cut off for a millennial?

Also ball should look at this as an opportunity. Go to jail, learn Chinese, bomb out of the nba, play ball over there like Marbury. Big baller brand now only 19.99 at a store near you.
Depends on who you ask but various things have it from 1980-1984
__________________
Always Buying: Vintage and Tobacco Cards

Follow us on Twitter AND Instagram: @Cavaliercards
Cavaliercards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 09:16 AM   #256
Siberian13
Member
 
Siberian13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 23,937
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxwills View Post
Well now I have a question, what’s the age cut off for a millennial?

Also ball should look at this as an opportunity. Go to jail, learn Chinese, bomb out of the nba, play ball over there like Marbury. Big baller brand now only 19.99 at a store near you.
No age requirement. You are one if you defend these guys for stealing in a foreign country or think their punishment should be a slap on the wrist.
Siberian13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 09:52 AM   #257
daxwills
Member
 
daxwills's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 5,248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian13 View Post
No age requirement. You are one if you defend these guys for stealing in a foreign country or think their punishment should be a slap on the wrist.
They broke the law in China. They’re subject to the same penalty as anyone else in China would be. One main reason I’d not be breaking laws on vacation. Might find out their judicial system is harsh. Plus these were people of means stealing designer crap so it’s just stupid on so many levels.
__________________
“Why is it Lisbeth, why is it that spiders don’t get caught in their own webs?”
daxwills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 12:08 PM   #258
Stat Monsters
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,984
Default

I think the majority of the public has little sympathy for LiAngelo Ball specifically, more so than the other 2 players because the Ball Family has money, his brother signed a million dollar contract, there was no need to steal. Sure, it's not his money, and maybe he doesn't have access to it, but still... "everyone (most folks that is) HATES the Ball Family" similarly to the Kardashians, and it's not a "Player Hatin'" thing about jealousy more so than the arrogance of the father. So, when bad news comes around about the family, there's less sympathy and compassion and more cheering and rooting for their downfall.

It's unfortunate, but it's all about the father and the image he's created for him and his children.

With that, the majority hopes LiAngelo gets kicked out of UCLA destroying his NBA prospects and his brother becomes a dud in the NBA and they all go away with their tails between their legs, all due to the dad being such a bad character spreading such negativity in his boastful attutude.
Stat Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 12:32 PM   #259
pgisback
Member
 
pgisback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Seattle
Posts: 17,536
Default

Regular Americans would be waiting out sentencing in prison. China is even feeding the entitlement of these players letting them wait their sentence out at this hotel. Probably getting pedicares and playing racketball.

__________________
Collecting:
Redskins RC Auto PC - 238/363 (65.5%)
Ben Gamel Bowman/BC/Heritage
Nikita Kucherov RCs/On Card Autos
pgisback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 03:08 PM   #260
NoleinJax
Member
 
NoleinJax's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: No clue anymore
Posts: 4,880
Default

Well they are coming home. Wonder if Lavar will give Trump a shout out or not. lol. I'm guessing not.
__________________
Flickr (In Progress):https://www.flickr.com/photos/noleinjax/albums
Main trading wants: Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, Carlos Correa, Mike Trout, Kristaps Porzingis, Karl Anthony Towns, Kevin Durant, Steph Curry, Ben Simmons.
NoleinJax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 03:10 PM   #261
Soxrule111
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: DeKalb
Posts: 7,479
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleinJax View Post
Well they are coming home. Wonder if Lavar will give Trump a shout out or not. lol. I'm guessing not.
I'm hoping Trump told him to shut up. Ill get your kid out, but you stay quite
Soxrule111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 03:13 PM   #262
zinger1038
Banned - PBM
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 504
Default

And Trump needs to talk more? Lol.
zinger1038 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 03:19 PM   #263
DajuanWagner
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,577
Default

Lifestyles of the rich and privileged........
DajuanWagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 03:28 PM   #264
spurs50fan
Member
 
spurs50fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,247
Default

I guess that "Law and Order" was just for here
spurs50fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 03:39 PM   #265
Siberian13
Member
 
Siberian13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 23,937
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DajuanWagner View Post
Lifestyles of the rich and privileged........
Thought it was only certain people were privileged hahaha
Siberian13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 05:44 PM   #266
rman112
Member
 
rman112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Svenborgia
Posts: 11,811
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleinJax View Post
Well they are coming home. Wonder if Lavar will give Trump a shout out or not. lol. I'm guessing not.
"Trump personally asked Xi Jinping to help resolve case of UCLA basketball players arrested in China" .. and this is from the Washington Post, of all places.
rman112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 06:01 PM   #267
hofcollector2
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,546
Default

So that means the US now owes china a favor? Over these damn kids... really Saving these kids asses was not worth owing china a favor!
hofcollector2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 07:11 PM   #268
ninjacookies
Member
 
ninjacookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: West Coast, formerly Mother Russia
Posts: 22,810
Default

They should have been kept in china and their ucla scholarships stripped.

Then again...what they did made Jameis Winston and many other college athletes appear like saints; albeit on foreign land.

The fact that Trump got involved is laughable. But hey, it's Trump...so.
ninjacookies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 10:45 PM   #269
HP7163
Member
 
HP7163's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: L.A. , California
Posts: 3,789
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofcollector2 View Post
So that means the US now owes china a favor? Over these damn kids... really Saving these kids asses was not worth owing china a favor!
You must live under a rock.... China owns our azz... they could bankrupt us by cashing in our more than 1 trillion in debt we owe to them

We also still have zero clue what really happened.. it's all speculation. There's a reason why China has a what 99.8 guilty plea rate? HA .. the judicial system is a scary joke
HP7163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 10:49 PM   #270
HP7163
Member
 
HP7163's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: L.A. , California
Posts: 3,789
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
They should have been kept in china and their ucla scholarships stripped.

Then again...what they did made Jameis Winston and many other college athletes appear like saints; albeit on foreign land.

The fact that Trump got involved is laughable. But hey, it's Trump...so.
He simple asked them to hurry up the process.. what do you expect when he's over three and it's all over the news as a black eye ? It's only laughable if he didn't at least make a 2 minute call to get it resolved

How can you say strip them of anything when the details aren't out? Bad judgement by many in here wanting to cast rate these dudes with no facts yet on who did what and no ones been charged to my knowledge
HP7163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 10:57 PM   #271
rman112
Member
 
rman112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Svenborgia
Posts: 11,811
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP7163 View Post
He simple asked them to hurry up the process.. what do you expect when he's over three and it's all over the news as a black eye ? It's only laughable if he didn't at least make a 2 minute call to get it resolved

How can you say strip them of anything when the details aren't out? Bad judgement by many in here wanting to cast rate these dudes with no facts yet on who did what and no ones been charged to my knowledge
The kids are lucky as hell that Trump just happened to be in China.
rman112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 11:03 PM   #272
HP7163
Member
 
HP7163's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: L.A. , California
Posts: 3,789
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman112 View Post
The kids are lucky as hell that Trump just happened to be in China.
Most likely. Last I heard they were never even formally charged yet so all this bashing knowing China pulls crazy ish is why I've defended these guys until facts come out. It's obvious they were being watched but people calling for their heads without details sound foolish to me..

Obviously something happened but whole thing is shady all the way around. Doubt we ever ever know what went down. My guess is UCLA players will pay a fine thus an act of guilt and move on.
HP7163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 11:04 PM   #273
HP7163
Member
 
HP7163's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: L.A. , California
Posts: 3,789
Default

Gotta turn off auto correct .. butchering damn words ..my bad
HP7163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 11:04 PM   #274
pgisback
Member
 
pgisback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Seattle
Posts: 17,536
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP7163 View Post
You must live under a rock.... China owns our azz... they could bankrupt us by cashing in our more than 1 trillion in debt we owe to them

We also still have zero clue what really happened.. it's all speculation. There's a reason why China has a what 99.8 guilty plea rate? HA .. the judicial system is a scary joke
Treasuries and cash are just interchangeable assets. The federal reserve would have no issues giving the central bank in a China a trillion dollars and swapping assets. China would never want to do that though because what would they do with trillions dollars in cash? Buy back the products we paid them pennies on the dollar to make? Please
__________________
Collecting:
Redskins RC Auto PC - 238/363 (65.5%)
Ben Gamel Bowman/BC/Heritage
Nikita Kucherov RCs/On Card Autos
pgisback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 11:08 PM   #275
Cavaliercards
Member
 
Cavaliercards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 18,868
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP7163 View Post
You must live under a rock.... China owns our azz... they could bankrupt us by cashing in our more than 1 trillion in debt we owe to them

We also still have zero clue what really happened.. it's all speculation. There's a reason why China has a what 99.8 guilty plea rate? HA .. the judicial system is a scary joke
It would actually ruin their economy more than our own if they tried to bankrupt us.

There is videotape evidence apparently of their heists at multiple stores.
__________________
Always Buying: Vintage and Tobacco Cards

Follow us on Twitter AND Instagram: @Cavaliercards
Cavaliercards is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.