Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > Topps Now & The Living Sets

Notices

Topps Now & The Living Sets Post your Topps Now Hobby Talk

Old 03-21-2018, 11:41 PM   #426
joejoemay

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysworking View Post
your saying it is supposed to be like that?
Yes you’re supposed to get digital cards with your 2018 Topps Now #1 cards along with the real ones you buy.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ToppsNow
joejoemay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 11:46 PM   #427
joejoemay

He’s got more back up setting the bottom again....perhaps he doesn’t have any and he is using this to keep the prices down. I’ve seen that on other cards....you go to buy them up and suddenly the guy doesn’t have them.
Old 03-21-2018, 11:48 PM   #428
joejoemay

Or more likely he just doesn’t like us...
Old 03-22-2018, 01:19 AM   #429
ThoseBackPages

no way hes not reading here lol
Politics, Religion, Third Party Grading, and 2021 Bowman's Best Rookie Cards
ThoseBackPages is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 05:22 AM   #430
Ferg1945

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platman View Post
From Jeeves: "Only 1 Card. He wants to be called Nicholas this year on Cards so we had to change it"
This "Jeeves" character must have forgot about the Topps Now John/Josh Harrison lawsuit in 2016. Topps issued a Josh Harrison Topps Now but spelled his first name as John instead of Josh. It was brought to their attention and they quickly changed it. But Paul Lesko and many others bought the John Harrison version before it was changed. He sued Topps and Topps had to print the John Harrison version for those who purchased before they changed it.

They had 2 different versions for sale of Nick/Nicholas Castellanos. They even promoted the Living Set on Twitter using the Nick version. And that was the version they used in the bundle.

And the lawsuit filed by Paul Lesko - http://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/8c2ec3...1fa48705c4.pdf

I'm sorry "Jeeves", but those of us who ordered the Nicholas Castellanos seperately should get it... and those who ordered the Bundle... should get the Nick Castellanos.
Ferg1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 06:46 AM   #431
vanpatten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferg1945 View Post
This "Jeeves" character must have forgot about the Topps Now John/Josh Harrison lawsuit in 2016. Topps issued a Josh Harrison Topps Now but spelled his first name as John instead of Josh. It was brought to their attention and they quickly changed it. But Paul Lesko and many others bought the John Harrison version before it was changed. He sued Topps and Topps had to print the John Harrison version for those who purchased before they changed it.

They had 2 different versions for sale of Nick/Nicholas Castellanos. They even promoted the Living Set on Twitter using the Nick version. And that was the version they used in the bundle.

And the lawsuit filed by Paul Lesko - http://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/8c2ec3...1fa48705c4.pdf

I'm sorry "Jeeves", but those of us who ordered the Nicholas Castellanos seperately should get it... and those who ordered the Bundle... should get the Nick Castellanos.
I think the key here though is that in the lawsuit you cite, Topps had not yet added the "not responsible for typographical/printer errors" to the disclaimer. They then added it after the John/Josh situation to try to walk it back but it didn't work.

For the Living Set, the above language is part of the disclaimer from the get go, so they will be covered I would think. I'm sure someone could still take them to court, but it would be a much harder fight this time around.
vanpatten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 06:48 AM   #432
KB81

How did the Paul Lesko thing end up?
Old 03-22-2018, 06:56 AM   #433
vanpatten

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB81 View Post
How did the Paul Lesko thing end up?
I believe it was dismissed.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:57 AM   #434
KB81

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanpatten View Post
I believe it was dismissed.
K

Interesting read on that, thx for posting.
Old 03-22-2018, 08:12 AM   #435
Platman

If anyone wants to read the first person account, here's his blog.

https://www.cardboardconnection.com/...y-lawsuit-land
Platman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 08:19 AM   #436
Jeramy

Quote:

Great...here we go.

Also, the same Paul Lesko that wrote us this beauty?
Gastric Bypass
"Nat was content with a simple, soul-staining existence as a college-town lawyer specializing in drunk student and stripper law. At least, he was until two childhood friends kidnapped and forced him into a sophomoric prank...which turned out to be an attack against a nuclear reactor.

With his seedy existence now in jeopardy, Nat is swept into the path of a terrorist organization which "betters" society by kidnapping the obese, and performing gastric bypass surgeries on them. Run by a black-listed, former-collegiate athlete and his enigmatic brother who uses his ability to view the multiverse to guide his actions, Nat is caught in the largest crime spree in U.S. history, and then forced to defend his "best" friends in court for their actions.

In his debut novel, Paul Lesko portrays a dark, yet humorous world too much like our own, focusing on Machiavellian philosophical questions and asking, if we live in an infinite universe, how should we pass eternity?"
Jeramy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 08:34 AM   #437
Platman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeramy View Post
Great...here we go.
Also, the same Paul Lesko that wrote us this beauty?
Gastric Bypass
Seems like that should be Class Action worthy for anyone clicking the link!
Platman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:11 PM   #438
joejoemay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoseBackPages View Post
no way hes not reading here lol
Well his strategy to keep the cost of the cards low is working...I see no business strategy in this except maybe wanting to get contact with new customers.
Old 03-22-2018, 12:12 PM   #439
joejoemay

Quote:

They didn’t forget...
Old 03-22-2018, 12:15 PM   #440
joejoemay

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB81 View Post
K

Interesting read on that, thx for posting.
Was settled out of court from what I understand...only the early Buyers got the John version. They won’t release the print run but my count has it at under 40.
Old 03-22-2018, 12:15 PM   #441
TwinsJake

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejoemay View Post
Well his strategy to keep the cost of the cards low is working...I see no business strategy in this except maybe wanting to get contact with new customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TwinsJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:16 PM   #442
HadWayTooMuch
Banned

Quote:
Was settled out of court from what I understand...only the early Buyers got the John version. They won’t release the print run but my count has it at under 40.
They should have printed as many Johns and Josh's. This would keep the value down and screw the troublemakers.
HadWayTooMuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:25 PM   #443
joejoemay

Quote:
Originally Posted by HadWayTooMuch View Post
They should have printed as many Johns and Josh's. This would keep the value down and screw the troublemakers.

That would have been cool, but they only sent them to a few buyers. Most were 5 count lots with one 20 Buyer who only got 17. 42ish might be the count. I even asked Jeeves over beers but he (I don’t think) can talk about it.

I’m glad the card exists...I’ve got quite a few.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-22-2018, 12:33 PM   #444
joejoemay

Quote:
Originally Posted by HadWayTooMuch View Post
I think it might have been part of the settlement. Cards ordered before x time got both versions.

There was an NYNY seller who had to have about 20, Paul at Rockledge had 17, the one the blogger bought, and 2 other guys that had 5 or 10....is my math on it. So 47 to 57 copies exist in my opinion. But could be 20-40 more as there is the guy from Pittsburgh who sells mostly pirates Now cards that seems to have them in quantity two years later. Safe bet that the Padres RTOD is the Now Baseball SP still.
Old 03-22-2018, 12:55 PM   #445
BH34

I didn't realize the 'name variation' thing was such a big deal..

I emailed topps (through their website form) a few weeks ago about a name error.
I wanted to buy the Mets RTOD set, I wanted Amed Rosario to have his name spelled correctly before the purchase.

Some ebay sellers still have the old card shown, and I'm sure there were a few people who bought the set before they corrected it. But again, didn't realize it was a thing..
So I could have bought a bunch of the wrong one with the misspelled name, and then filed a lawsuit? lol

Last edited by BH34; 03-22-2018 at 12:58 PM.
BH34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 02:33 PM   #446
joejoemay

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH34 View Post
I didn't realize the 'name variation' thing was such a big deal..

I emailed topps (through their website form) a few weeks ago about a name error.
I wanted to buy the Mets RTOD set, I wanted Amed Rosario to have his name spelled correctly before the purchase.

Some ebay sellers still have the old card shown, and I'm sure there were a few people who bought the set before they corrected it. But again, didn't realize it was a thing..
So I could have bought a bunch of the wrong one with the misspelled name, and then filed a lawsuit? lol

No...you can’t do it again. Well you could try but they have the “statement” now. We tend to let them know if they got stuff wrong since the Harrison. I bet we’ve fixed a half dozen errors just by mentioning it on the thread. The do read them as much as we do....well as much as you guys do. I’m on here 24/7
Old 03-23-2018, 05:31 AM   #447
Ferg1945

Quote:
#1 - Aaron Judge 20K The card will be worth $5.26 for about a year maybe longer unless there is a run on the flippers.
Looks like $12.99 is current rate.
Ferg1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 06:18 AM   #448
vanpatten

Quote:
Looks like $12.99 is current rate.
That's pretty good for right after the release. I knew the price would go up after the window ended, but that's a nice jump. Hopefully that is the starting point, but maybe it will change when people start to get them in hand and they all flood the market lol. Either way, I plan to hold mine longer.
Old 03-23-2018, 08:00 AM   #449
poppincurbs

I'm not expecting the Judge to go up any time soon, but I picked one up in hopes that 10-15+ years down the road this will be a really cool #1 card in a set that has potentially been running a LONG time.

Happ/Markakis in week 2? C'mon Topps, at least try to make it appealing starting off. Sheesh. Wouldn't even want those for free.
Old 03-23-2018, 08:18 AM   #450
BH34

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppincurbs View Post

Happ/Markakis in week 2? C'mon Topps, at least try to make it appealing starting off. Sheesh. Wouldn't even want those for free.
lol, if you think of how many cards in a 'regular' set are "worthless" I would say it's close to 67%, if not more.

If they stick with the 3 cards per week format, rarely will there be more than one player that will appeal to the masses.
Though for PC/team set collectors, that will happen from time to time.
BH34 is offline   Reply With Quote