Blowout Cards Forums
2018 bowman draft

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

Notices

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 04-08-2018, 06:48 PM   #26
Pearce77

Contreras is fast becoming my most disliked player in our division.
Pearce77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 08:10 AM   #27
nickha2

Been a rough start against some good teams. The brewers play the Reds for 3 Marlins for 4 and Royals for 2.

Realistically the Brewers need to go 7-2 if they are going to be serious this year. A sweep of the reds is a must.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:32 AM   #28
VeedonFleece

I'll take 6-3, not greedy.

Looking further into the future, some promising starts in the minors. Not expecting many to feature in the Hotlist but Broxton is on fire, Nottingham has started well (might be up sooner than later given other catchers injury issues - what was Bandy thinking yesterday btw, damn near got thrown out of the game,) and Erceg and Ray both look like they're determined to show last season was a blip. Peralta and Ortiz have pitched great too, although both have unsustainable LOB percentages so might be a little flattered. I'm REALLY excited about the start made this year by another Brewers prospect but I'm still buying so not going to say too much!

I do think there's a great chance to make the playoffs this year, and I'm sure Stearns will do something about adding a SP even after Nelson comes back, but I almost can't wait for 2020!

Edit: Meant to say that Hiura and especially Lutz are scuffling a bit, just to temper my enthusiasm about the farm system.

Last edited by VeedonFleece; 04-16-2018 at 08:35 AM.
VeedonFleece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 05:01 PM   #29
VeedonFleece

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeedonFleece View Post
Forgot to mention I was looking on FanGraphs earlier and Josh Hader is 13th in pitching WAR after only 3 innings! He's a beast.
Article about Hader being possibly the most valuable reliever in MLB. Beast, I tells ya!

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/josh...able-reliever/
Old 04-16-2018, 05:06 PM   #30
base set

They played the Mets pretty tough despite losing the series (two 1 run games) and having Knebel out. April is random baseball; being .500 right now is perfectly fine.
base set is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 11:22 AM   #31
nickha2

2-1 vs the reds. Need to take 3 out of 4 vs the Marlins. Tonight Anderson has the mound. Looking for tonight to be a win because of it. Offense definitely needs a wake up call sooner than later.

Side story, I bar tend at miller park and Jacob Nottinghams brother and wife came up to me and started talking about how Jacob got called up on sunday morning and they all flew out monday to see if he would play monday. He pitch hit and scored a run. Really nice people to talk to for awhile. He got the start on Tuesday and had the rest of his family fly out from California. They bought me a couple rounds of shots but sadly could not take them.
Old 04-19-2018, 11:42 AM   #32
VeedonFleece

Figured when I posted the other day that Nottingham may be in MKE sooner rather than later. Didn't expect anyone from this thread to be hanging out with his family when it happened!
Old 04-20-2018, 08:05 AM   #33
nickha2

Good game last night. Bats finally decided to wake up. Hope to see much more of that this season. Not liking out pitcher for tonight so hopefully the sticks will give us at least 6 runs. 3-1 on the home stand. Need to take at least 2 more in this series.

Hung out with the Nottinghams again last night. Was invited to hang out with them and their brother Jacob after the game but had to decline due to having to watch my daughter early this morning. They were flying back to Cali today, they had never seen snow before so it was quite the experience for them all.
Old 04-21-2018, 11:01 AM   #34
nickha2

Bats staying hot. 4-1 On the homestand. Need to finish the last two out strong.
Old 04-22-2018, 08:52 AM   #35
nickha2

The game winning homer by Aguliar was probably one of the best at bats i have ever seen before. To go down 0-2 and then battle back to 3-2 and on the 13th pitch of the at bat hit a walk off homer.

Suter looked rough again for the 3rd time this season. I have to believe that he is going to get sent down pretty soon. He is just to much of a liability out there right now. Don't want to ever put him in the Garza category but I have little faith right now in him to win a game ever.

Going for the 4 game sweep this afternoon.
Old 04-22-2018, 03:48 PM   #36
VeedonFleece

Outstanding, Jeremy Jeffress!!!
Old 04-25-2018, 08:26 AM   #37
nickha2

Nice to see Zach Davies have a decent game for a change this year. With Chase on the mound i expect a win tonight. Kind of wish we would switch him with someone and pitch him game one of a four game series against the cubs.

Bats need to remain hot going into Chicago. If they can win today split with Chicago and head into Cincinnati at 7 games over I will be very happy with this team.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:58 AM   #38
VeedonFleece

Looks like you'll get your wish with Anderson. Chacin slated to start tonight.
Old 04-26-2018, 08:09 AM   #39
nickha2

Really love the way that Counsell has been using the bullpen. Saved Hader for the Cubs series.

Another nice pitching performance by chacin. Brewers have been getting some pretty fortunate breaks in both the Royals and Marlins series with routine pop ups turning into errors. Need to take advantage when they have the chance.

Huge 4 game series with the Cubs starting tonight. I believe we play them better than we did at home a few weeks back. Hoping for 3-1 but would be happy with a 2-2 split followed by a series win over Cincinatti.
Old 05-06-2018, 05:07 PM   #40
dherm360

Can they already designate Sogard.....he has to be the worst player in baseball

They have AAA guys tearing it up and we start a guy hitting .098 three games in a row
dherm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 07:24 PM   #41
VeedonFleece

Quote:
Originally Posted by dherm360 View Post
Can they already designate Sogard.....he has to be the worst player in baseball

They have AAA guys tearing it up and we start a guy hitting .098 three games in a row
He seems like a great guy but I totally agree that he has to go. The only thing saving him (apart from Counsell's obvious love for him) is the fact he hits left handed. Either Dubon, depending on his injury, or Orf deserve a chance.
Old 05-12-2018, 08:41 AM   #42
nickha2

Hell of a comeback last night in Colorado. We really need to get Andersen back on his A game especially with the set back for Zach Davies again. Its like being down to Ace pitchers with Davies and Nelson down.

Nice to see the bats coming alive if only for Colorado.
Old 05-12-2018, 09:34 AM   #43
Brewers3

Was an incredible game. Arcia finally doing something too.
Brewers3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 09:43 AM   #44
VeedonFleece

The bullpen has collectively been our MVP but I once again want to single out Jeremy Jeffress. He's been absolutely brilliant, if not quite as dominant as Hader. Jeffress is 2nd in all of MLB in Win Probability Added, behind only Max Scherzer - Hader is 5th btw.

Would be nice if the bats and SP could step up a little more consistently.
Old 05-12-2018, 09:54 AM   #45
seabass97166

The bullpen is super nasty. Held Colorado to 1 run in the final six innings to allow them to come back from 9 to 3. bullpens today are dumpster fires, blowing games st a ridiculous level, But the Brewers and Dbacks are two of the best.
seabass97166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 08:05 AM   #46
nickha2

Crazy pitching performance by Peralta yesterday. It's about time the Brewers bring up a pitcher that lights it up. I feel like every time they face a pitcher who was called up they end up getting a 1 hit shutout.

Was very impressed to take 3/4 from the Rockies. Would be awsome to take 2/3 for Arizona but I would settle for 1/3 and then a series win vs the Twins.
Old 05-14-2018, 08:17 AM   #47
tchronis24

How do you guys feel about the game tonight? I feel like if Guerra can hold it down they can pull out a win. Have a feeling a bad start is coming for Corbin tonight.
tchronis24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 02:03 PM   #48
VeedonFleece

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchronis24 View Post
How do you guys feel about the game tonight? I feel like if Guerra can hold it down they can pull out a win. Have a feeling a bad start is coming for Corbin tonight.
Hope you're right. Gerra has been pretty good so far. Corbin has been excellent but his velocity has dropped 3mph over his last two games. Hopefully the Brewers can light him up before he hits the 10 day DL with an unspecified ailment!
Old 05-20-2018, 09:00 AM   #49
nickha2

Been a hell of a road trip. Currently sitting at 7-2 on the 10 game road swing. A sweep of the Twins to go 11 games over would be awesome.

Doesn't get any easier once they get home with 3 against the d'Backs, 4 vs mets and 3 vs cardinals.

Hader struck out 6 of the 7 he got out last night
Old 05-20-2018, 09:35 AM   #50
Brewers3

Was there last night and going again this afternoon. Love this team.
Brewers3 is online now   Reply With Quote