Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > WWE & WRESTLING

Notices

WWE & WRESTLING Post your WWE/Wrestling Cards Hobby Talk

Old 11-19-2015, 04:35 PM   #1
halldogg

Default Has anyone ever been to a Pro Wrestling Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony?

The reason I ask is, the PWHOF is moving to the city I currently live in, which strikes me as weird because this city sucks. Anyways, they are having an induction in May which will include Mean Gene Okerlund, Stone Cold Steve Austin and Sgt Slaughter... My question is, are these guys pretty much guaranteed to be there? If so, do they normally do autograph sessions? I am going to check out the website, just wondering if it is worth hitting up to get pics or autographs of anyone in attendance, or if it was a waste of time to attend. Any info would be great. Thanks!

THE PWHOF MOVING TO WICHITA FALLS, TX

Last edited by halldogg; 11-19-2015 at 04:38 PM.
halldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 04:52 PM   #2
jrosales

Wow. I'm really shocked it's moving to Wichita Falls. Amarillo would be a better choice if they were going to move it to Texas. Didn't it used to be in New York?

Always open to discussing sketch card commissions. Please PM me for my availability.
jrosales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 05:05 PM   #3
halldogg

Yeah, the website shows New York still. I have no idea why they would want to come here, but hey, I retire next year and hopefully will not be here any longer, but I will be here in May, so I guess I may go to it. One of the inductee's is Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's grandfather, so that would be cool if he was here to support his grandpops. I would think Austin or Dallas would be better than here or Amarillo.
Old 11-19-2015, 05:25 PM   #4
jrosales

Quote:
Originally Posted by halldogg View Post
Yeah, the website shows New York still. I have no idea why they would want to come here, but hey, I retire next year and hopefully will not be here any longer, but I will be here in May, so I guess I may go to it. One of the inductee's is Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's grandfather, so that would be cool if he was here to support his grandpops. I would think Austin or Dallas would be better than here or Amarillo.
I agree with Dallas - I grew up in Grand Prairie and went to the Sportatorium a lot, so I know how wrestling-crazy the area was. However, I think San Antonio would be a better choice than Austin, considering that both Texas All-Star Wrestling and Southwest Championship Wrestling were based here.

Always open to discussing sketch card commissions. Please PM me for my availability.
jrosales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 03:17 AM   #5
bblair_2002

I live near Amsterdam,NY and although I haven't been to a ceremony,I have been to the convention during induction weekend and they do sell meet and greet packages but wrestlers do sign during the regular convention as well. Now that everything's moving to TX,who knows if it'll remain the same as it has been here.

Goal for 2024 - More trading,less buying.
bblair_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 08:15 PM   #6
halldogg

I hope it does. It will be pretty neat to attend.