Blowout Cards Forums
2018 bb pre order

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

Notices

FOOTBALL Post your Football Cards Hobby Talk

Old 01-12-2016, 07:10 PM   #1376
Chrisp253

Not even gona read the rest of it after addressing the first line. ive said my piece just like hawks fans had to suck it up last year and get over a tough ending mucu in the same manner but at the highest level and losing out on being the first back to back champs in years.. vikings fans will need to as well.. there can only be one! but you prolly shouldnt quote someone and then indirectly address wagon fans in general if you dont want the person quoted to assume that is meant in their direction...

Anyho

everyone has a right to their opinion.. mine just happens to be better than most.
Chrisp253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 07:14 PM   #1377
Chrisp253

As for the 12s reading. If youve never done it before i highly recommend a trip to leavenworth for playoff games that are out of town or you wont be attending.

My girls had a blast. We stayed at the linderhof.. it was a last minute booking only room left out of the 15 hotel rooms i called.. so plan ahead.. but its a lot of fun playing in the snow with the fam.. gettin some hot tub time and a few drinks in the night before and going to one of the local spots to watch the game with other 12s. Luckily we pulled it out in the end so it was an extra fun environment after the game 12s everywhere high fivin and doin the SEA HAWKS chant.

Its spendy but im actually considering goin up again this weekend!

everyone has a right to their opinion.. mine just happens to be better than most.
Old 01-12-2016, 07:51 PM   #1378
GoHawks25

I've never been to Leavenworth for a Seahawks game, but I've been up there during Christmas time. The whole town decked out with lights. Sounds like fun!
Old 01-12-2016, 07:59 PM   #1379
RW3FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
Did I call you bandwagon? No. I wasn't even directing that comment at you, but rather some others commenters in the game thread. Don't get your panties in a wad.

That wasn't a fake punt? It fooled me. Either way, the Vikings directly influenced the outcome of that play with the stop, so how can you not say it was a good play by the Vikings?

I have no interest in putting anything "in my wagon fan pipe and smoking it".
Actually, it WASN'T a fake punt. Did you watch the game???
Botched snap, scrambled for his life.
RW3FAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 08:09 PM   #1380
RW3FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisp253 View Post
First off i was in leavenworth watching the game with my family so i wasnt on here during the game or after we took the lead talkin smack.

But let me get this straight.. nobody deserves to be trolled by a wagon fan? Yet you claim that was a fake punt and it wasnt fluke it was just good vikings defense? Lmao... either youre super troll of the year or the most ignorant football fan ive ever run into on here. Fake punt... vikings played good defense so its not flukey.... lmao atleast youre good for a laugh.

And i would disagree that a fluke at the beginning has less impact than a fluke at the end.. the fluke at the beginning gave the vikings a lead and put them in a position to even be in the situation at the end.. without that initial fluke youre not kicking a fg for the win.. getting a gift early can change the outlook of the entire game as we saw.. but the vikings couldnt capitalize and put the hawks to bed because they werent the better team.. so hawks came back.. took the lead.. almost lost it on a bad call that turned the series from a 3rd and 10 in vikings territory to a 1st and 10 in seahawks territory.. so again.. yall were lucky to even be in that situation.

And i dont feel bad at all that you guys had a fluke miss from up close to give back the 3 pts you gained on the fluke snap on the punt.. how is that hard to understand both teams had weird plays that hurt/benefited them.. i think most people were saying before the game we would see somethin like that affect the outcome.

Beyond all that youre looking at that fg attempt in a vaccuum like environment.. i dont care what percentage of the time they say thats a make.. if you look at odds that walsh goes 4/4 on sunday i guarantee its a longshot. Yall were due for a miscue at that point.. shoulda got it in the endzone.

Oh and heres a pic of me 30 years ago.. put that in your wagon fan pipe and smoke it.

Attachment 315903
That's awesome Chris!
I have you beat by 10 years.
1976!!!
In 1980 they changed my LL football team name to the Hawks.
RW3FAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 08:14 PM   #1381
motu79

Quote:
First off i was in leavenworth watching the game with my family so i wasnt on here during the game or after we took the lead talkin smack.

But let me get this straight.. nobody deserves to be trolled by a wagon fan? Yet you claim that was a fake punt and it wasnt fluke it was just good vikings defense? Lmao... either youre super troll of the year or the most ignorant football fan ive ever run into on here. Fake punt... vikings played good defense so its not flukey.... lmao atleast youre good for a laugh.

And i would disagree that a fluke at the beginning has less impact than a fluke at the end.. the fluke at the beginning gave the vikings a lead and put them in a position to even be in the situation at the end.. without that initial fluke youre not kicking a fg for the win.. getting a gift early can change the outlook of the entire game as we saw.. but the vikings couldnt capitalize and put the hawks to bed because they werent the better team.. so hawks came back.. took the lead.. almost lost it on a bad call that turned the series from a 3rd and 10 in vikings territory to a 1st and 10 in seahawks territory.. so again.. yall were lucky to even be in that situation.

And i dont feel bad at all that you guys had a fluke miss from up close to give back the 3 pts you gained on the fluke snap on the punt.. how is that hard to understand both teams had weird plays that hurt/benefited them.. i think most people were saying before the game we would see somethin like that affect the outcome.

Beyond all that youre looking at that fg attempt in a vaccuum like environment.. i dont care what percentage of the time they say thats a make.. if you look at odds that walsh goes 4/4 on sunday i guarantee its a longshot. Yall were due for a miscue at that point.. shoulda got it in the endzone.

Oh and heres a pic of me 30 years ago.. put that in your wagon fan pipe and smoke it.

Attachment 315903

lol I have the exact same uniform picture of me when I was young too! I think it was a Curt Warner jersey and I was giving the Heisman pose. I might have to go dig that one up...
motu79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 08:30 PM   #1382
trixstar

Or not heading back

@CharlesRobinson
I've confirmed #Raiders agreed to exit "exclusive partnership" with #Chargers. It's #Rams and #Chargers.
trixstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 09:27 PM   #1383
Chrisp253

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHawks25 View Post
I've never been to Leavenworth for a Seahawks game, but I've been up there during Christmas time. The whole town decked out with lights. Sounds like fun!
It was one of the best game weekends ive ever had.. we were gona go up to paradise or snoqualmie saturday but got a late start.. rainier closed at 5 and wouldnt have given us enough time.. snoqualmie was sold out of tubing tickets so i was like screw it packed our bags after i finally found a room and we got their at like 8 pm.. hit the hot tub along with some skinny dippers.. that was a lil awkward but mostly just funny. Then went and had dinner and bundled up and had a snowball fight and went sledding right in the middle of town at midnight. I know my daughter is gona remember this one and were gona make it a tradition atleast one hawks game during winter in leavenworth. It would be awesome if others with children wanted to get together thatd be sweet!

Old 01-12-2016, 09:28 PM   #1384
Chrisp253

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW3FAN View Post
That's awesome Chris!
I have you beat by 10 years.
1976!!!
In 1980 they changed my LL football team name to the Hawks.
You got me beat! Definately a 70s due ya got goin on there lol

Old 01-12-2016, 09:30 PM   #1385
Chrisp253

Quote:
Originally Posted by motu79 View Post
lol I have the exact same uniform picture of me when I was young too! I think it was a Curt Warner jersey and I was giving the Heisman pose. I might have to go dig that one up...
Ill be waitin to see it! This one only got dug up cuz i lost my dad in july and most of our pics together were from when i was younger. Neither of us were really much of suckers for a camera lol

Itll be a cool day when they finally bring back the 80s retros as throwbacks. Compared to other teams i think ours were pretty sweet

Old 01-12-2016, 09:33 PM   #1386
Chrisp253

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixstar View Post
Or not heading back

@CharlesRobinson
I've confirmed #Raiders agreed to exit "exclusive partnership" with #Chargers. It's #Rams and #Chargers.
I saw an espn news update that rams were relocating. Wonder if theyre gona shake up the divisions with this move. Id assume nothin really needs to be changed as cali isnt really outta the way.. actually packs the nfc west a bit closer together.. but i could imagine they might wanna bring back some of the old rivalries and get some more in state rivalries goin.. they could literally have a cali division now with chargers raiders niners and rams.. thatd be super weird.. but would probably be very profitable for the nfl.

Old 01-13-2016, 05:18 AM   #1387
gergs1134

Quote:
Nope. Nope. Nope. Vikings didnt play any tougher than they did the first game.. just so happened the game got started off on a fluke bad long snap.. our punter got hurt.. pete lost faith in the long snapper so refrained from kicking well within hauskas range and played for tds..

I dont care who youre a fan of nobody deserves any consolation for a football game. Bottom line is the hawks did outplay the vikings the majority of the game even if the scoreboard didnt show that.. it was a difference in game plan.. had the vikings went for tds goin for 4th downs in fg range might be a diff story.. but they took the "safe" route.

Kam played terrible outside of stripping ap but that was not pi. A receiver is not allowed to just bowl over a defensive back thats already established his ground.

But as i said before.. its all really mute because it was a fluke play that gave the vikings 3 at the start of the game and changed the perspective of the entire game.

You cant accept a fluke at the beginning and claim it as vikings dominance and then at the end when the vikings fluke on a kick say the seahawks were lucky.

The odds of ryan not getting that punt off were much lower than the odds of walsh missing that fg.
It's MOOT.
gergs1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 05:44 AM   #1388
Chrisp253

Quote:
Originally Posted by gergs1134 View Post
It's MOOT.
And so is your post since we moved beyond that this morning/afternoon.

Now onto other stuff.. i havent heard much coming from either sides so far... saw a quote or two early on from some carolina guys callin themselves no doubt the better team but gone silent since that bulletin board material.. was really expectin norman to pipe up. I hope someone shuts that fool up sunday.. he played dirty as heck in our first game.. several late hits out of bounds on sidelines.. rolling up peoples ankles.. head hunting etc.

Old 01-13-2016, 06:07 AM   #1389
gergs1134

Quote:
And so is your post since we moved beyond that this morning/afternoon.

Now onto other stuff.. i havent heard much coming from either sides so far... saw a quote or two early on from some carolina guys callin themselves no doubt the better team but gone silent since that bulletin board material.. was really expectin norman to pipe up. I hope someone shuts that fool up sunday.. he played dirty as heck in our first game.. several late hits out of bounds on sidelines.. rolling up peoples ankles.. head hunting etc.
You're welcome. All you have to do is sound it out.
gergs1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 10:02 PM   #1390
trixstar

Blue tops and Wolf gray pants for Sunday.

Old 01-16-2016, 06:09 PM   #1391
trixstar

Panthers assigned the ref crew that refballed Seahawks over Lions and who called fewest defensive holding and 0 intentional grounding
Old 01-16-2016, 07:07 PM   #1392
ninjacookies

Quote:
Panthers assigned the ref crew that refballed Seahawks over Lions and who called fewest defensive holding and 0 intentional grounding
Works out perfectly for both defenses. Let these big boys brawl it out.
ninjacookies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 04:30 PM   #1393
Chrisp253

That was horrible coaching and officiating. I have no clue why they went to the same offense that cost us the first half of the season.. then it took all the way to the 2nd half to switch it up.. lining lane up against olsen.. leaving olsen wide open on 3rd down how many times.. but the panthers got away with holding all game.. literally tackling our d line throughout the game.

Still comes back to coaching tho.. horrible game plan... just absolutely horrible.

Hoping kam is gone this offseason.. best thing for beast is to trade him and get somethin for him.. freeing up the money would be huge tho. And please.. please dear god.. get rid of bevell.

Also ummm o line o line o line

Old 01-17-2016, 04:53 PM   #1394
ninjacookies

O-line and a true WR1.

Do it.
ninjacookies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 04:55 PM   #1395
MasterPattie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
O-line and a true WR1.

Do it.
They should have never let Golden Tate get away.
MasterPattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 04:57 PM   #1396
GoHawks25

O line, pass rushers and DB's. Maybe a WR...
Old 01-17-2016, 05:00 PM   #1397
DalliLlama11

Bruce Irvin is a FA right? I know before the season there was talks that he was basically 100% gone (big talks of him coming to ATL to reunite with Quinn). Is he still basically gone or have things settled and worked out better between him and the team from a signing standpoint?
Old 01-17-2016, 05:07 PM   #1398
trixstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterPattie View Post
They should have never let Golden Tate get away.
You really thing Tate is a true 1? I mean he probably is on this team but that's not what a true 1 is
Old 01-17-2016, 05:08 PM   #1399
trixstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalliLlama11 View Post
Bruce Irvin is a FA right? I know before the season there was talks that he was basically 100% gone (big talks of him coming to ATL to reunite with Quinn). Is he still basically gone or have things settled and worked out better between him and the team from a signing standpoint?
Yea he's unrestricted free agent. I'm assuming Lynch is gone so maybe they move some of that money to Bruce? IF they even want to keep him. I know they're high on Kevin Pierre-Louis
Old 01-17-2016, 05:23 PM   #1400
DalliLlama11

Quote:
Yea he's unrestricted free agent. I'm assuming Lynch is gone so maybe they move some of that money to Bruce? IF they even want to keep him. I know they're high on Kevin Pierre-Louis
Well....no offense, I hope he is gone haha. The Falcons could certainly use him and he has a ring. So hopefully playing for the hometown team persuades him.