Blowout Cards Forums
Best Sellers

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Notices

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Old 10-21-2016, 10:57 AM   #8576
shrevecity

Thinking about heading over to Dallas need to stock back up on T-shirts.
shrevecity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 02:59 AM   #8577
brandonlec

Had a big soccer find.

Vintage 80s 1981-1982 Home AS Roma Serie A Italian Italy Soccer Jersey Kit | eBay
Old 10-22-2016, 05:44 AM   #8578
gergs1134

Quote:
Originally Posted by possom813 View Post
Did you pick up this one?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Evercare-...&wl13=&veh=sem

Or did you buy the larger version? I'm needing one for some Nike Golf shirts that were picked up in a bag lot that have some little fuzz balls on the front
That's the one. Still works like a charm.
gergs1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 07:25 AM   #8579
Lessa99

Hid a huge day thrifting and garage sailing yesterday!
Building up an inventory, now to get listed!

Coolest finds were a pair of nylon windbreaker type pants from Super Bowl XXVI, an excellent condition Proline logo Packers coat, and some vintage Hilfiger shirts!
I'll post some pics as I can't find any info on those Super Bowl pants
Lessa99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 07:31 AM   #8580
nanners13

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonlec View Post
I hit this in the first month of my thrifting on here last year at the Goodwill. Vintage Arsenal Jersey

Sold for around 100. The old soccer stuff IS hard to find and collectors go nuts for it. Nice Pickup
nanners13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 09:27 AM   #8581
brandonlec

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanners13 View Post
I hit this in the first month of my thrifting on here last year at the Goodwill. Vintage Arsenal Jersey

Sold for around 100. The old soccer stuff IS hard to find and collectors go nuts for it. Nice Pickup

And how old was that jersey?
Old 10-22-2016, 09:38 AM   #8582
adub03

hit 8 goodwills yesterday. best find was at the last goodwill, literally at the end of the T shirt rack. polo sport bear T shirt for $1.99. have only found 3 or 4 in over 2 years. sold a black polo bear t shirt for $150 once. this should get 50-70 i think. lots of other vintage t shirts, vineyard vines button front, some nice jeans too.

sometimes when im bored i look on ebay for good deals to flip. picked up 3 patagonia plaid long sleeve button front shirts for $38. i think two are worth $40 each, the other maybe $25.

also the last stop had probably 10 deadstock NWT houston artos snapback hats. from the 90s. picked up 5 of them for .99 each. should get maybe 15 each i think.

Last edited by adub03; 10-22-2016 at 09:42 AM.
adub03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 12:12 PM   #8583
shrevecity

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post
Thinking about heading over to Dallas need to stock back up on T-shirts.
Got over there and was not as big of a haul as my last trip, but did pick up about 15 nice tees for under 1.00 each. Then went to the thrift outlet and they had done been picked over pretty good, except for their suit jackets. Found a few there that should bring 35.00 to 40 each.
Old 10-22-2016, 04:59 PM   #8584
corndog

Location: From a table in McDonalds, with lovely fake flowers on it.

To those of you who sell articles of clothing:
It may be a good idea to always include a closeup image of the tag area that includes sections of stitching. It may never happen to you, but there is always a chance that a buyer may have an otherwise nice vintage piece that has a flaw in it (burn mark, tear, hole, stain, bleach spot, etc.). If they should look to find another exactly like it to do an item not as described return or doesn't fit, you will have the detailed area to go by once your item is returned to inspect the pattern seams, stitching and tag placement in relation to fabric thread, etc. to make sure that the item that was returned to you was not a swap out. Should this somehow happen, you can take a new photo of the same area of the returned item and call Ebay. Hopefully it would never happen, but it is a trick that people will try.

I follow this thread every day and thoroughly enjoy it!
The information provided by fellow members is priceless!
Old 10-23-2016, 02:05 AM   #8585
TwinGnats

Few cool items today:

TwinGnats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 05:42 AM   #8586
gatordeve86

a month or two ago I found a brand new heater control panel for a early 90s Chevy Blazer paid about a dollar for it. Sent it in to amazon to sell and put a price on it that would sell quick, it sold within the week only to have it returned the next week as "damaged"... finally got it back from Amazon and the buyer returned it still new but without the box it came in, contacted Amazon support and they reimbursed me $65.61 and I get to keep the part.. if you guys are selling FBA and get stupid returns like that don't hesitate to contact them to reimburse you
gatordeve86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 09:25 PM   #8587
RetailChamp

[QUOTE=TwinGnats;11533331]Few cool items today:

QUOTE]

If that Michigan sweatshirt is a XXL, you've got a buyer right here
Old 10-24-2016, 12:14 AM   #8588
Lionsman81

When it comes to sports stuff, I believe NASCAR stuff sells the absolute worst. I have some RECENT NASCAR shirts that are only a year or two old and they just sit, I can't give them away. Kinda a shame given I live right in NASCAR country and find tons of crew shirts, firesuits, and racing related memorabilla at my thrifts. Does anyone else have the same trouble moving this stuff?
Lionsman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 12:23 AM   #8589
crazygrover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionsman81 View Post
When it comes to sports stuff, I believe NASCAR stuff sells the absolute worst. I have some RECENT NASCAR shirts that are only a year or two old and they just sit, I can't give them away. Kinda a shame given I live right in NASCAR country and find tons of crew shirts, firesuits, and racing related memorabilla at my thrifts. Does anyone else have the same trouble moving this stuff?
Older Nascar still sells pretty good. Newer Nascar is going to take time. People are just not watching it like they was about 10 years ago. When Nascar started to go buy everything they could (Action, Team Calibur, etc,) was about the time Nascar started the downward spiral started due to the change in cars which made a lot of races boring for the casual fan. Just look at how bad the Brickyard race has become.
crazygrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 12:26 AM   #8590
Astroburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionsman81 View Post
I cant move Nascar. I think I've sold some classic Chase Authentic stuff and a few Dale Sr/Jr Items, but otherwise it just sits. I think it could be because you can go to Walmart and load up on new Nascar stuff for about ten bucks a pop.
Astroburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 12:34 AM   #8591
TxRangersfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroburn View Post
I cant move Nascar. I think I've sold some classic Chase Authentic stuff and a few Dale Sr/Jr Items, but otherwise it just sits. I think it could be because you can go to Walmart and load up on new Nascar stuff for about ten bucks a pop.
Yeah, i only buy the jackets if really cheap, or the mid to late 90s ones that have all over print on them. The uglier the better. Those move OK for me. Ive got a few that have been sitting, but I never spend more than a buck on them.
TxRangersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 06:59 AM   #8592
Hess687

Too lazy to post a pic (sorry) but I just sold this last night after having to re-list at auction 2 weeks in a row due to no bids with a starting price of $9.99. Lady paid right away. eBay is a crazy place.

The Rocketeer Movie Jacket Coat Fan Made Sewn Stitched Embroidered XXL 2XL | eBay
Hess687 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 08:48 AM   #8593
shrevecity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hess687 View Post
Too lazy to post a pic (sorry) but I just sold this last night after having to re-list at auction 2 weeks in a row due to no bids with a starting price of $9.99. Lady paid right away. eBay is a crazy place.

The Rocketeer Movie Jacket Coat Fan Made Sewn Stitched Embroidered XXL 2XL | eBay
There are a few factors to that. All it takes are 2 people interested to get a bidding war started. Its very possible those bidders never saw it due to search brownouts or they just were not looking.
Old 10-24-2016, 10:14 AM   #8594
adub03

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxRangersfan View Post
Yeah, i only buy the jackets if really cheap, or the mid to late 90s ones that have all over print on them. The uglier the better. Those move OK for me. Ive got a few that have been sitting, but I never spend more than a buck on them.
same. there are a select few drivers from the 80s/90s i always buy. a few are the smaller names, so not alot of stuff of them is available on ebay. ive got some really sick dale sr t shirts from the 90s ive had listed for months. just takes time and the right buyer. i see gordon stuff ALL the time but dont buy it.
Old 10-24-2016, 10:50 AM   #8595
XARZY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessa99 View Post
So I'm sorry, but I'm super confused...
The second one you linked to says Burberry London on the tag, just like mine....

Is that one fake also...?
Sorry I'm a novice, and still trying to learn the ropes
Note how the Burberry London shirt says made in not madein
Old 10-24-2016, 10:56 AM   #8596
shrevecity

Quote:
Originally Posted by adub03 View Post
same. there are a select few drivers from the 80s/90s i always buy. a few are the smaller names, so not alot of stuff of them is available on ebay. ive got some really sick dale sr t shirts from the 90s ive had listed for months. just takes time and the right buyer. i see gordon stuff ALL the time but dont buy it.
I do buy some Nascar Tees, including Gordan and others, but most of them I get for 50 cents or less so can afford just to let them sit and hope a buyer comes along.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:25 AM   #8597
adub03

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post
I do buy some Nascar Tees, including Gordan and others, but most of them I get for 50 cents or less so can afford just to let them sit and hope a buyer comes along.
oh yeah if they are dirt cheap and cool ill buy them. but the modern stuff i honestly wouldnt take for free. ive had good luck selling harry gant shirts. have found two of his shirts from earliy 90s and they both sold quick in the 25-30 range.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:38 AM   #8598
nanners13

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonlec View Post
And how old was that jersey?
I Listed as "Vintage" i think it was early 90s

funny when i saw on the rack i laughed and was like what the heck is this... When I saw the cannon patch I was like, Oh ok nice!
nanners13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 06:52 PM   #8599
shrevecity

Wife had a meeting this afternoon so I swung by a thrift store close by. Picked up a very nice 3x Harley Davidson garage shirt for 4.00 should bring 45 to 60 easy.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:02 PM   #8600
Cuddy Collector

Stopped back at a Goodwill I was at on Saturday to see if an item was still there that I should have picked up then. Unfortunately it was gone.....however all was not lost.
While up at the checkout with another item, I saw a Minnesota Wild Monopoly game in the case. Checked it out after I checked out, was marked $75. Went out to car to research it, last completed sale on eBay was $250. Went back in the store, got it out of the case, presented my 50% off coupon and walked out of there with it for $40 :-)
Cuddy Collector is offline   Reply With Quote