Blowout Cards Forums
2017 Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Blowout Cards Promotions! (And Other FREE Giveaways!)

Notices

Blowout Cards Promotions! (And Other FREE Giveaways!) Try to WIN a FREE Box of Cards & Other Awesome Free Giveaways, Contests, and Promotions!

Old 12-01-2017, 04:39 PM   #1301
hanstess

I have the variety pack updates for my three packages:
In Transit / On-time
In Transit / Delayed
Delayed

ugh x2
Old 12-01-2017, 04:49 PM   #1302
kabenac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Had to be in the thousands for sure. I alone would up with 14 total orders I believe. All separate packages etc. That's a lot of work...imagine the amount of packaging peanuts alone they have gone through? That's a picture Id like to see!
They've got a machine that clones unlimited packing peanuts. They also use the cloning machine to produce unlimited boxes of 2014 Topps Turkey Red Football.
kabenac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 05:47 PM   #1303
jrod2099

Just wanted to share this with everyone. Just got off the phone with UPS after my third package delay on one shipment. The representative explained that unless a package is shipped "Next Day Air" it will experience delays getting to the destination (potentially 2 days extra). Since they do not deliver on Saturdays (unless specified and paid for) the packages will not resume their status updates until Monday. They explained there are only so many trucks and some major cities are backed up for 2 days. She encouraged me not to pay extra for shipping in any way because it will no longer be "guaranteed" like their website reflects. She said this only applies during non-seasonal periods when delivery times can be guaranteed. Happy holidays!
jrod2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 06:32 PM   #1304
hanstess

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod2099 View Post
Just wanted to share this with everyone. Just got off the phone with UPS after my third package delay on one shipment. The representative explained that unless a package is shipped "Next Day Air" it will experience delays getting to the destination (potentially 2 days extra). Since they do not deliver on Saturdays (unless specified and paid for) the packages will not resume their status updates until Monday. They explained there are only so many trucks and some major cities are backed up for 2 days. She encouraged me not to pay extra for shipping in any way because it will no longer be "guaranteed" like their website reflects. She said this only applies during non-seasonal periods when delivery times can be guaranteed. Happy holidays!
Thank you for the info. I was just waiting on hold to check on my packages.
Old 12-01-2017, 06:32 PM   #1305
Cactuspies

have my stuff coming on the 7th now. no biggie. I ordered late on BF got the UPS tracking a few days back, got the blowout tracking email the next day or so after that.

fwiw d&a had one item that I was interested in and they sold out before I completed my cart though. I think they had a higher price from what most were selling for on ebay. it was the 1993 tsc murphy stadium club dome set. everything else was not great, mostly panini as usual but the deals they normally do just weren't there. I didn't check anyone else.

also my 100lb cast iron gas grill was "missing" from the On-trac loading doc when they were loading up the truck to deliver. so if anyone finds a rather large box with my grill please let me know. should have been delivered between the 27th and 29th
Patriots 5 time Champs
catching up to johnmabry47: 61 members on ignore

Last edited by Cactuspies; 12-01-2017 at 06:37 PM.
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 07:26 PM   #1306
yoyosh

Busted 6 boxes of Threads, I think I killed it!
Take a peek -> https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1169807
yoyosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 08:51 PM   #1307
cruiserdaddy7

UPS already experiencing delays. A couple weeks from now one can imagine it will be even worse. They are trying hard to hire people now but seems a little late for that
Old 12-06-2017, 10:20 AM   #1308
jrod2099

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
UPS already experiencing delays. A couple weeks from now one can imagine it will be even worse. They are trying hard to hire people now but seems a little late for that
They announced today that they're running 2 days behind, so all future orders through the holidays will be expected to arrive 1-2 days later than expected.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:46 PM   #1309
CitizunKane

Quote:
They also use the cloning machine to produce unlimited boxes of 2014 Topps Turkey Red Football.
It's going to be a cold winter, so I'm using blasters of 2014 Topps Turkey Red Football as insulation in my attic.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to throw a few cases of Turkey Red on to the fire to warm this house up . . .
CitizunKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 05:34 PM   #1310
jrod2099

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitizunKane View Post
It's going to be a cold winter, so I'm using blasters of 2014 Topps Turkey Red Football as insulation in my attic.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to throw a few cases of Turkey Red on to the fire to warm this house up . . .
Lol. Great idea!