all star

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

Notices

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Old 12-17-2017, 06:36 PM   #151
Vargaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferg1945 View Post
That's what I was thinking. Figured at least one Orange Magma redemption would have showed up on eBay by now.

Thanks for the reply.
It really sucks Hamill hasn't signed as much in recent years. I feel like he should have 50 autos per release, along with all big signers, except Ford due to costs probably.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My FS/FT thread https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1112127
Vargaman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 06:47 PM   #152
Ty Hope

My one pack had two autos the other day. Was a pleasant surprise.
Ty Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 10:14 PM   #153
Vargaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Hope View Post
A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Old 12-17-2017, 10:41 PM   #154
jdhaugh11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Hope View Post
Were they both common or base?

I wish Topps would put 2 autos in 1 box per case.
They did this in 2015 High Tek Football.
jdhaugh11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 10:53 PM   #155
PoPCulture

This years High Tek baseball went to a 40 card with 2 autos per box format. Boxes with a redemption had a 3rd Auto. Price point was obviously higher but I still thought I was getting a good value with it. Not sure this would work with Star Wars due to so many low value autos.
Old 12-17-2017, 11:06 PM   #156
Ty Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhaugh11 View Post
Were they both common or base?

I wish Topps would put 2 autos in 1 box per case.
They did this in 2015 High Tek Football.
One gold, one regular. Pack also had an orange base card /25.
Ty Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 11:26 AM   #157
dd316

I don't know if there's just too much out right now or what, but I scored a Freddie Prinze Jr. Orange Auto /25 for $26 last night.
Old 12-18-2017, 11:30 AM   #158
DarthRogahn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
I don't know if there's just too much out right now or what, but I scored a Freddie Prinze Jr. Orange Auto /25 for $26 last night.
saw that
Nice pick up!!
DarthRogahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 02:14 PM   #159
eldavojohn

Send a message via Skype™ to eldavojohn

Quote:
I think the Freddie Prinze Jr. autos (like Mikkelsen) were inflated due to the novelty of him being a new signer. So that seems about right for a price when you compare what's happening on the secondary.

There's just too much volume. I went over what I spent bottom feeding on MW3 and Stellar and I'm just completely sitting out High Tek 3. Because I have to. It's just too much man.

I mean, my collection has ballooned and that's at an amazingly low price ... but my conspiracy theory is that I think there's too many flippers now have access to distributor prices. Because it's not that the MSRP of the boxes are plummeting with secondary sales plummeting.

I literally haven't opened anything aside from group breaks because it's so impossibly cheap to buy anything you want right now on feebay.

Look at sketches. Some of the sketches I've "won" have just been criminally low prices. I don't think this is the right thread to brag about ebay wins but dang I now own TWO Glebe bros Star Wars sketches at $142 and $215 I feel like I got an absolute steal on both. I have been able to mark off a litany of higher end artists I thought I would never own. And they're not bad sketches -- ironically it seems like sketch quality has increased since the Jedi Vs Sith Chrome days.

I think everyone can agree that Topps is simply overestimating the capabilities of this market and while we thought there was a limit to market saturation (I remember days when scrub autos were $20 each) there isn't (it's the era of the $5 auto). Right now Topps seems to be asking fans to just trust that they won't keep releasing 15 sets a year of star wars cards.
eldavojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 03:07 PM   #160
dd316

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldavojohn View Post
I think the Freddie Prinze Jr. autos (like Mikkelsen) were inflated due to the novelty of him being a new signer.
Nah, I think if that were the case Cathy Munroe autos would be blowing up. I think his cards were typically higher than most because he's got some credit to his name outside of Star Wars. He's been signing SW for what, a year now? His autos rarely go below $50 (at least I think, I haven't tracked them that much).
Old 12-18-2017, 03:11 PM   #161
eldavojohn

Quote:
Nah, I think if that were the case Cathy Munroe autos would be blowing up. I think his cards were typically higher than most because he's got some credit to his name outside of Star Wars. He's been signing SW for what, a year now? His autos rarely go below $50 (at least I think, I haven't tracked them that much).
Well, Donnie Yen is Ipman and it's just insane to me that his autos continue to slide. Riz MC is fairly well known rap artist. They also slide.

For what it's worth I do feel that Cathy Munroe cards are probably selling at +$10 of their eventual value.

Maybe you're right though, I did slow play the Prinze auto acquisition and am glad I did. Believe it or not, back in September I got a Prinze sticker /50 for $30 on COMC. Granted it was much lower than it had been going for ...

I just hope they slow the set releases. I'd love to collect them all but I cannot keep up.
Old 12-18-2017, 03:15 PM   #162
1992UDFootball

Has it been confirmed there are no ABC variations this year?

The second half of the set is all Rogue One characters, euh. No wonder every pilot and Mon Calamari has a card.

Last edited by 1992UDFootball; 12-18-2017 at 03:39 PM.
1992UDFootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 03:57 PM   #163
jamesr

Quote:
Quote:
Well, Donnie Yen is Ipman and it's just insane to me that his autos continue to slide. Riz MC is fairly well known rap artist. They also slide.

For what it's worth I do feel that Cathy Munroe cards are probably selling at +$10 of their eventual value.

Maybe you're right though, I did slow play the Prinze auto acquisition and am glad I did. Believe it or not, back in September I got a Prinze sticker /50 for $30 on COMC. Granted it was much lower than it had been going for ...

I just hope they slow the set releases. I'd love to collect them all but I cannot keep up.
When Tek 2 came out last year I got a green /10 FPJ auto for $52, and that was not long after the set came out.
jamesr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 03:59 PM   #164
jamesr

Quote:
it's the era of the $5 auto
I picked up more than one MW3 auto for $1 or $2 ... too many auctions, not enough buyers, I guess.
jamesr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 04:01 PM   #165
eldavojohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesr View Post
When Tek 2 came out last year I got a green /10 FPJ auto for $52, and that was not long after the set came out.
Dang, congrats. Those are fun cards to grade too! Oh I forgot I'm the only non sports guy into grading on these forums
Old 12-18-2017, 04:02 PM   #166
ForceChange77

HOW MANY MORE DONNIE YENS DOES THE WORLD NEED? I guess that is the question.

I count 7 sets he has been in exactly a year:
Rogue One Series 1, Rogue One Series 2, Galactic Files Reborn, Journey to the Last Jedi, Masterwork 2017, Stellar, High Tek. Before Last Jedi dropped, he had been in every set that Topps released the entire year (excluding online exclusive sets)
ForceChange77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 04:08 PM   #167
Vargaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceChange77 View Post
HOW MANY MORE DONNIE YENS DOES THE WORLD NEED? I guess that is the question.

I count 7 sets he has been in exactly a year:
Rogue One Series 1, Rogue One Series 2, Galactic Files Reborn, Journey to the Last Jedi, Masterwork 2017, Stellar, High Tek. Before Last Jedi dropped, he had been in every set that Topps released the entire year (excluding online exclusive sets)

Yet heís still over $75, so that says something.

Iím happy they get him to sign as much as he does. Itís cool to pull a main character and easy enough to get one at a good price. I wish more signers were like him and Whitaker.

Iím hoping Christie starts signing more now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 12-19-2017, 01:17 PM   #168
Vargaman

Default First Buzz: 2017 Topps Star Wars High Tek trading cards

Man, why are sellers dumping this product off so low and fast?

The odd part is the Tarkin and Tivik autos going for so high, unless I donít know something else those actors have done to generate the hype.

Looks like the only big sellers are either a top name autos, signers and the inserts. Base and print proofs are dirt cheap this year based on completed sales.

Last edited by Vargaman; 12-19-2017 at 01:21 PM.
Old 12-19-2017, 07:21 PM   #169
daviswr7

Was happy to pick this up from a customer today in a trade. Suprised his autos donít go for that much but I think itís a cool Orange Auto for the PC!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
daviswr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 08:07 PM   #170
Cujobyte

Quote:
Dang, congrats. Those are fun cards to grade too! Oh I forgot I'm the only non sports guy into grading on these forums
No you're not, except I only grade Magic Cards.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 08:39 PM   #171
HiltonL

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviswr7 View Post
Was happy to pick this up from a customer today in a trade. Suprised his autos donít go for that much but I think itís a cool Orange Auto for the PC!
Unfortunately, since his debut, Topps has dumped Prinze autos into every set, so he's no longer rare. SMG is still uncommon, but the arc of her auto value is following Prinze closely IMO. Plus she has that silly vampire thing she did to get some fans.
HiltonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 10:25 PM   #172
Vargaman

So a seller on eBay has form 1, 2, and 3 lots for $1-$3 a card, printing proofs under $50ea for main characters.

Only thing I donít see is autos, so maybe they hit it big and are dumping the rest?

Old 12-28-2017, 09:54 PM   #173
Vargaman

So mad I missed this one, notification didnít go off :/

Also why you shouldnít do auctions on a /10 card for a first time signer...

Old 12-28-2017, 10:58 PM   #174
jdhaugh11

I had a case of this ordered, but the ebay seller pr14 looks to be scamming buyers, trying to sell items he doesn't have and now closed up shop and ran.
I will get my money back, so I guess I am glad to avoid this product, because it is obvious people don't want 3 steaight year of this product, because it barely changes year to year.
jdhaugh11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 01:51 AM   #175
HiltonL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhaugh11 View Post
I had a case of this ordered, but the ebay seller pr14 looks to be scamming buyers, trying to sell items he doesn't have and now closed up shop and ran.
I will get my money back, so I guess I am glad to avoid this product, because it is obvious people don't want 3 steaight year of this product, because it barely changes year to year.
Dammit, I was hoping he'd deliver on a case of Last Jedi series 1. Oh well, it will free up funds for the next set...
HiltonL is offline   Reply With Quote